Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Düsseldorf 19 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Heaven ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:34

basti
hallo everybody

I'm back.
Christmas and Birthday on one Day.
What a Show. Lets spend, Worried and Street Fighting Man.
A Fantassssssssssstic Sound.

One of my best Stones Shows ever .....

YAY!!! cool smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:41

schwonek

Audience could have been a little more enthusiastic - but hey, it was Düsseldorf. What do you expect?

Yep.

Nice jokes by Mick e.g. about the song "Tage wie diese", a big hit for Die Toten Hosen, famous band from Düsseldorf (support act for the Stones years ago).
Not well organised entrance again. Most of security guys did not know the way to FOS. You had to run and look for some signs. Just before entering the FOS section inside the arena was a bit chaos. Why are they not able to manage this? Friends of mine with tix for 2. FOS run into section 1. FOS. No problem for them because of the chaos.
I arrived at about 5 p.m. at a southern gate. Quite easy to reach 2nd row in 1. FOS.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:42

ThatsWhatISay
I just returned home from the concert. Too exhausted to write a comprehensive review, but let me say this: F**KING AWESOME CONCERT! Probably the best or second best of my 15 Stones concert. And that comes from a guy who is very critical when it comes to the Stones performing live.

The sound was loud and clear, very guitar driven. A thrill to listen to! My impression was that Keith did extremely well as did Mick and Ronnie. I couldn't hear the nuances since the sound was so loud, but with the exeption of some minor f*ckups this appeared to be a great performance.
The crowd was a little stiff, at least in the upper tier where I was, but they warmed up somewhat in the second half. Nonethess I could see in the people's eyes that they were enjoying themselves a lot.
Mick also made some really funny jokes in German which got great response from the audience.

Guys, this concert was a blast! I consider myself very fortunate that I was able to see the Stones one more time in such a great shape. They were exponentially better than in Düseldorf 2007. I won't complain about ticket prices anymore as I would pay this price anytime again without bashing an eyelash.

Great review. Wish I was there.

Date: June 20, 2014 02:44

MAF
schwonek

Audience could have been a little more enthusiastic - but hey, it was Düsseldorf. What do you expect?

Yep.

Nice jokes by Mick e.g. about the song "Tage wie diese", a big hit for Die Toten Hosen, famous band from Düsseldorf (support act for the Stones years ago).
Not well organised entrance again. Most of security guys did not know the way to FOS. You had to run and look for some signs. Just before entering the FOS section inside the arena was a bit chaos. Why are they not able to manage this? Friends of mine with tix for 2. FOS run into section 1. FOS. No problem for them because of the chaos.
I arrived at about 5 p.m. at a southern gate. Quite easy to reach 2nd row in 1. FOS.

Cool. The singer of Tote Hosen was in the VIP block in Berlin Waldbühne.
He's from Düsseldorf though. Wonder if he was there too. Bastard! Lol cool smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:45

Natlanta
again with the scarf inside the shirt... KR the trendsetter? or forgot what order the clothes go on? or maybe both?
Scarf-inside - shirt has been intermittently operational since 2012 O2 shows with silver number - replaced later in tour by scarf-on-shoulder (AKA scarf me up) Burberry number later in the tour

Rolling Stones - Düsseldorf, 19 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:52

Date: June 20, 2014 03:09

Worried About You Düsseldorf

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 20, 2014 05:07

Thrylan
andrewt
Heaven
DandelionPowderman
sodapop
Set list is a given snoozer with a +/- 1 either way for a slight variance...

I tune in these days just to see if any true reports stay up long to read before they are cleansed from the Tiger Beat content most of these posts have.

Keith Richards trying to play, look raunchy....still.....is a bad joke.

And what do you post here, apart from Keith bashing?
Exactely! WTF
Leave it out! Bashing Keith is lame and low. Bad joke my ass. WTH!

Keith bashing requires technical expertise and discipline in addition to natural talent. It is recommended that bashers post in the minor threads for a year or so to build up some experience before hitting the big leagues.

Best Keith ever!!! StonesTod would reckon his best effort since the 86' rehearsals...... Legendary.

Yeah but Mick's tour hair is carrying the show.smileys with beer

Date: June 20, 2014 05:19

Yeah but Mick's tour hair is carrying the show.smileys with beer[/quote]
Now that was subtle... lol

Date: June 20, 2014 05:50

Satisfation Düsseldorf

Date: June 20, 2014 05:51

Sympathy Düsseldorf

Date: June 20, 2014 05:52

MR Düsseldorf

Date: June 20, 2014 05:53

LSTNT

Date: June 20, 2014 05:54

Date: June 20, 2014 06:00

That jacket looks total shit.
Especially from the back. wtf

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 20, 2014 06:35

ThatsWhatISay

Mick also made some really funny jokes in German which got great response from the audience.

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 20, 2014 08:55

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:00

ThatsWhatISay
I just returned home from the concert. Too exhausted to write a comprehensive review, but let me say this: F**KING AWESOME CONCERT! Probably the best or second best of my 15 Stones concert. And that comes from a guy who is very critical when it comes to the Stones performing live.

The sound was loud and clear, very guitar driven. A thrill to listen to! My impression was that Keith did extremely well as did Mick and Ronnie. I couldn't hear the nuances since the sound was so loud, but with the exeption of some minor f*ckups this appeared to be a great performance.
The crowd was a little stiff, at least in the upper tier where I was, but they warmed up somewhat in the second half. Nonethess I could see in the people's eyes that they were enjoying themselves a lot.

Guys, this concert was a blast! I consider myself very fortunate that I was able to see the Stones one more time in such a great shape. They were exponentially better than in Düseldorf 2007. I won't complain about ticket prices anymore as I would pay this price anytime again without bashing an eyelash.

It was even better...:-) may be the best out of 15 I have seen.....dirty, loud, lot of mistakes, mystic, iconic, THE ROLLING STONES !!

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:01

F&cking super MR! and Ronnie stormed it at the end again. Also very good video, visually, and we can aee Charlie all through the song and admire his style. Thank you!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:24

leatherjacket
dirty, loud, lot of mistakes, mystic, iconic, THE ROLLING STONES !!

Excellent description--finally some recognition that "lots of mistakes" can be a PLUS! smiling smiley

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:29

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:30

Wroclaw
F&cking super MR! and Ronnie stormed it at the end again. Also very good video, visually, and we can aee Charlie all through the song and admire his style. Thank you!

Ronnie's solo at the end of MR seems to have really kicked into gear on this European leg of the tour, hasn't it?

I've really been digging that.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:31

Nice to see Keith playing LSTNT in open G again!

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:48

andrewt
Wroclaw

Ronnie's solo at the end of MR seems to have really kicked into gear on this European leg of the tour, hasn't it?

I've really been digging that.

Yeah but... don't wanna be caught with blethphamy, so lets not make too much waves...

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 09:59

Best SFM version ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:14

Great show. I rank this right in the middle of the 5 shows I've seen so far on this leg.
That can only mean one thing: the standard is very high.

Posted by: fourflicks ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:16

nice version yes, but best ever ? confused smiley ?
ever heard brussels affair version from 73 - that's probably absolutely unbeatable
but good to hear it was another great concert

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:18

Off course best version ever and best show ever.

Best Keith playing too.

fourflicks
nice version yes, but best ever ? confused smiley ?
ever heard brussels affair version from 73 - that's probably absolutely unbeatable
but good to hear it was another great concert

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:25

leatherjacket:
"dirty, loud, lot of mistakes, mystic, iconic, THE ROLLING STONES !!"

If we must to know what exactly "lot of mistakes" means, as for Stones concerts, we have to listen to many boots from 1978, or even from 1981/82. Compared to those, we have an almost "perfection area" nowdays...

Judging from the clips, Dusseldorf really excellent gig. Another one!

Date: June 20, 2014 10:34

Rik
Nice to see Keith playing LSTNT in open G again!

He's done that since 1997. Before that he played it in standard, like on the studio version.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home