Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
A new studio album? Is this credible ?
Posted by: Felix0452 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:16

Is this credible ? I thought I heard on the radio that the Stones would work on a future studio album... What do you think about that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 12:29 by Felix0452.

Re: Is this credible ?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:25

I think you need to retitle your thread so people understand the actual topic you're referring to.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:27

....well ya know what Thought, thought don't ya?....
He thought he was dying so he went in the living room .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:28

Where did you hear this? Do you have any recording of what they said or is there something on the internet? Because it´s very incredible that they are working on as studio album right now during the tour. But I think there could be a little bit truth: The Stones will recording a new album next year - that´s what I think.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:30

First give us a source.

What radio station would be a start.

Re: A new studio almum? Is this credible ?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:31

very little chance, I don't beleive it.

Date: June 13, 2014 16:32

Kaisan
Where did you hear this? Do you have any recording of what they said or is there something on the internet? Because it´s very incredible that they are working on as studio album right now during the tour. But I think there could be a little bit truth: The Stones will recording a new album next year - that´s what I think.

it all comes down to the mick/keith relationship. A year ago I would have said fat chance, but increasingly things seem to have improved.

I agree though, we need a source cited here otherwise it's merely speculation.

A new studio almum? Is this credible ?
Date: June 13, 2014 16:33

treaclefingers
I think you need to retitle your thread so people understand the actual topic you're referring to.

much better...now just spell album correctly!

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: June 13, 2014 16:45

Almuminum or alumuminium? Depends on which side of the pond you're on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 16:46 by SharksWillCry.

Re: A new studio album? Is this credible ?
Posted by: Felix0452 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 17:20

I heard it this morning, an information to the A2 TV in France (because of the tomorrow's concert). The guy said that would follow a studio album, without further specification. Like you, I don't think that very realistic.
Sorry for my poor English writing.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 17:24

If we can't have a new album, maybe we should feel glad for having the possibility of a new almum!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 17:40

A new studio album is on the way next year or in a couple of years, Mick many times last year has told that he had written many lyrics and Keith too told that he had received a phone call from Mick that needs to go in a studio to record a new album...Nine years without new stuff are too much for the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world and Mick knows it!

My previsions: recording sessions in 2015 and a new studio album in the summer 2016 with a new Tour like the "14 on fire" till 2017!

P.S.Excuse me for my poor English...I'm Italian

Date: June 13, 2014 17:49

mailexile67

My previsions: recording sessions in 2015 and a new studio album in the summer 2016 with a new Tour like the "14 on fire" till 2017!

That´s what I think. Maybe it could be the last tour in 2017, but it would be amazing to have at least one more album from the greatest rock´n´roll band ever.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2014 17:57

Bollocks! No new studio record from the Stones in 2014 and it certainly looks like it won't happen in the future at this point.

Unless they want to just go churn out more Doom And Gloom/One More Shot kind of songs, which they could do in a week. STEEL WHEELS Part 2.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:02

They would need big time instrumental help to do an at least artistically pleasing album. Doom & Gloom is a good example. They pulled off an interesting sound, using their limitations, but it wouldn't work over 12 cuts. They need new blood in the studio, just like they need it on stage. Jack White produced, with Mick Taylor, and even Billy Wyman participating. Jack's got some great piano players working for him.

At this point, I'm about as excited about the Stones in the studio as I am about their setlists and backing musicians. And, if their past behavior is any indication, they'll be just as stubborn about mucking up their studio work. More Mick Jagger on bass?

Date: June 13, 2014 19:20

mailexile67
A new studio album is on the way next year or in a couple of years, Mick many times last year has told that he had written many lyrics and Keith too told that he had received a phone call from Mick that needs to go in a studio to record a new album...Nine years without new stuff are too much for the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world and Mick knows it!

We can excuse your English but we won't allow any excuses for your World Cup play this time around.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:57

Felix0452
Is this credible ? I thought I heard on the radio that the Stones would work on a future studio album... What do you think about that?

I heard something like that on the radio too, but 30 years ago smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2014 19:58

Date: June 13, 2014 20:02

mailexile67

You are correct in reporting that Keith is on record as saying Mick called him and told him they had better get in the studio and record new music. The exact timetable wasn't given. That was before the tragedy and the re-scheduling of the shows. My best guess is that they will record a new album sometime in the first half of next year for release sometime in the summer of 2015. It's possible that they could even do some recording as early as this summer and into the fall, but either way I wouldn't expect a release date before the summer of 2015. Or late spring at the earliest. Of course a new album next year would mean a return to the States and the UK in 2015. I could live with that. smiling smiley

Date: June 13, 2014 20:17

24FPS
They would need big time instrumental help to do an at least artistically pleasing album. Doom & Gloom is a good example. They pulled off an interesting sound, using their limitations, but it wouldn't work over 12 cuts. They need new blood in the studio, just like they need it on stage. Jack White produced, with Mick Taylor, and even Billy Wyman participating. Jack's got some great piano players working for him.

At this point, I'm about as excited about the Stones in the studio as I am about their setlists and backing musicians. And, if their past behavior is any indication, they'll be just as stubborn about mucking up their studio work. More Mick Jagger on bass?

A Jack White produced Stones album has some interesting possibilities, however, if they listen closely to Uncle Don (Was) we will see a classic that we can all be proud of. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Stones doing a sequel to Exile. Or even something that rivals the Some Girls bonus tracks. They are the greatest band ever. They don't need to copy anyone but themselves.

Date: June 13, 2014 20:31

It would be really interessting to see what Jack White and the Stones would create. But I doubt that they will work together.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 13, 2014 22:11

Forget Jack White. This guy makes WAY more sense for the Stones as he has one foot in the present as well as the past (where White would likely want to dwell):

[davecobbproducer.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 13, 2014 23:05

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 13, 2014 23:14

The Almum Bros confused smiley

Date: June 14, 2014 02:51

RoyalPurpleStones
24FPS

A Jack White produced Stones album has some interesting possibilities, however, if they listen closely to Uncle Don (Was) we will see a classic that we can all be proud of. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Stones doing a sequel to Exile. Or even something that rivals the Some Girls bonus tracks. They are the greatest band ever. They don't need to copy anyone but themselves.

We don't need them to 'be the Stones' and copy themselves. They did that way too much on Voodoo Lounge and A Bigger Bang, making songs that were pale remakes of earlier triumphs. They need to come up with something fresh that still has their essence. Of course we could be fooling ourselves. Bill pretty much ended the magic when he left. Chemistry is a very fragile thing. And face it, the best Stones music of the last 5 years are the gussied up bonus cuts when Bill was still on bass.

Date: June 14, 2014 05:43

24FPS
RoyalPurpleStones
24FPS

We don't need them to 'be the Stones' and copy themselves. They did that way too much on Voodoo Lounge and A Bigger Bang, making songs that were pale remakes of earlier triumphs. They need to come up with something fresh that still has their essence. Of course we could be fooling ourselves. Bill pretty much ended the magic when he left. Chemistry is a very fragile thing. And face it, the best Stones music of the last 5 years are the gussied up bonus cuts when Bill was still on bass.

The Stones have a huge arsenal of songs that provide excellent models in which to build new creations. They don't need to try and put their own spin on what is popular at the moment in rock music. They don't need to look to other bands for their models, but rather to their own. I have no doubt if they could come up with something close (in style) to the recent Some Girls bonus tracks that they would enhance their legacy as artists. Heaven forbid if they could ever pull off another Exile. Out Of Control and Saint Of Me are two fabulous latter day Stones songs that are excellent examples of what a Stones song should be. Midnight Rambler is the "soul" of the Rolling Stones on display. I want to see more of that "soul" on display! Bob Dylan's songs today may sound similar to some of his songs from the past, but they are no less powerful. The Stones have written some of the most powerful songs in the history of rock 'n roll. They need not look beyond their own backyard.

Date: June 14, 2014 07:52

I don't think Bob sounds at all like he's repeating himself, and I think that's one of the reasons he receives so much latter day critical acclaim. The Stones used to lead the pack. They use to have interesting side musicians to have extra color to their sound. Sugar Blue comes to mind, Sonny Rollins.

At this point I have no faith the Stones will pull off something new and interesting, beyond maybe a cut or two, ala Rough Justice or Doom & Gloom. Keith can't play, period. He's having a hard enough time hitting close to most of the notes on the intros of songs he's played a thousand times. The Stones would need some musical help. Keith can still sing. He just needs to quit thinking he's written a new song if it starts with a couple Chuck Berry notes.

They would have to drop their stubbornness and pull in other musicians who could fatten up the sound. The Stones would still be the crux of the music, but they really need more around the edges. An interesting piano player. If Bill won't go along with them, then get a bass player with some soul, not a Stingish jazz doodler who adds no emotional depth, no roll to the rock.

They have shown no artistic bravery on this tour. Are we to believe they will when it comes to making an album? Or will they just make something that they will think, erroneously, sounds enough like Classic Stones, that the less knowledgeable critics will slobber over? In fact, why put that pressure on them? Except for a handful of cuts, their recording career ended with Steel Wheels. It's enough. Go play your hits for the tourists around the world with money to burn, and then relax and enjoy what you got left.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 14, 2014 08:38

24FPS
I don't think Bob sounds at all like he's repeating himself, and I think that's one of the reasons he receives so much latter day critical acclaim. The Stones used to lead the pack. They use to have interesting side musicians to have extra color to their sound. Sugar Blue comes to mind, Sonny Rollins.

At this point I have no faith the Stones will pull off something new and interesting, beyond maybe a cut or two, ala Rough Justice or Doom & Gloom. Keith can't play, period. He's having a hard enough time hitting close to most of the notes on the intros of songs he's played a thousand times. The Stones would need some musical help. Keith can still sing. He just needs to quit thinking he's written a new song if it starts with a couple Chuck Berry notes.

They would have to drop their stubbornness and pull in other musicians who could fatten up the sound. The Stones would still be the crux of the music, but they really need more around the edges. An interesting piano player. If Bill won't go along with them, then get a bass player with some soul, not a Stingish jazz doodler who adds no emotional depth, no roll to the rock.

They have shown no artistic bravery on this tour. Are we to believe they will when it comes to making an album? Or will they just make something that they will think, erroneously, sounds enough like Classic Stones, that the less knowledgeable critics will slobber over? In fact, why put that pressure on them? Except for a handful of cuts, their recording career ended with Steel Wheels. It's enough. Go play your hits for the tourists around the world with money to burn, and then relax and enjoy what you got left.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

No further comments needed from me, except one thing: Don't forget us old die-hard fans, please release some stuff from the archives every once in a while, like Dylan does with his continuing Bootleg Series.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:30

“It would be nice to have a new album, but people don’t like the new album when you play it on stage,” Jagger told USA Today. “They glumly look at you. ‘OK, it will be over in a minute.’ It’s not a good excuse, but it’s the truth and has to be said.”

Dear Mick, people don't like a new album if the new album is like A Bigger Bang or is similar to Goddess in the doorway.

Date: June 14, 2014 13:23

Rockman
....well ya know what Thought, thought don't ya?....
He thought he was dying so he went in the living room .......
I'm stuck here w/ this bit.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home