Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Not Rare Songs In A Few Cities?
Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: June 3, 2014 12:13

Why don't the Rolling Stones pick about 5 cities out of their 14,that they could play all rare songs?They could announce the cities before the tickets go on sale. True fans like me and many others would definitely travel there to see these iconic shows.Then Mick would not have to worry about the first time fans wanting to see the warhorses.Eveyone would be happy(hopefully)!

Re: Why Not Rare Songs In A Few Cities?
Date: June 3, 2014 12:29

Haven't they played rare songs in the three shows so far on this tour already?

Or do you mean that the setlists should consist of only rare songs?

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: June 3, 2014 12:53

Yes,the whole concert of rare songs.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 3, 2014 13:03

DandelionPowderman

Are you kidding Dandy? What rare songs have they played? They can do far better than just playing Wild Horses, Emotional Rescue, Let's Spend The Night Together and Worried About You. Those aren't particularly rare.
They should look at Springsteen as an example of truly playing rarities, not just fairly rare songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 13:14 by Silver Dagger.

Date: June 3, 2014 13:09

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman

Are you kidding Dandy? What rare songs have they played? They can do far better than just playing Wild Horses, Emotional Rescue, Let's Spend The Night Together and Worroed About You. Those aren't particularly rare.
They should look at Springsteen as an example of truly playing rarities, not just fairly rare songs.

If you won't a set full of Can't Be Seens and Sways, they'd go the Springsteen route - I wouldn't mind that myself grinning smiley

I got Worried About You and Emotional Rescue for the first time, LSTNT and Can't Be Seen for the second time as well as Doom And Gloom and YGTS for the third time. This was all in one show, just saying...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 13:56

+Ticket prices of 30-50 euro, gbp or usd (like Prince)!
I wouldn't mind either, BUT nothing more than wishful thinking.
This topic has been dicussed to death in o.e form or another.
It just won't happen. Why? Well, max. 1% of the average audience would be interested.
That's about 4.-6.000. To earn the same amount Ticket prices would have to
be up to 2.000 something (200*50.000/5.000).
Would you "as a true fan" be willing to pay this for each of tbese 5 shows?
I seriously doubt that.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 3, 2014 14:01

69firebird
Why don't the Rolling Stones pick about 5 cities out of their 14,that they could play all rare songs?They could announce the cities before the tickets go on sale. True fans like me and many others would definitely travel there to see these iconic shows.Then Mick would not have to worry about the first time fans wanting to see the warhorses.Eveyone would be happy(hopefully)!

They do not worry about first time fans, etc., that is BS, they play what they play. They have a million other songs from classic LPs, not "rarities," that they do not play that people would know. They only have the ability these days to have a certain number of songs in their repertoire. They are not going to put in a million hours of rehearsal time to play rare cuts from Aftermath, Flowers, more recent stuff, whatever. it really wouldn't be pretty either, I'm sure. They do their standard set plus a couple from a group of others At this point, it is a matter of if the good moments outweigh the bad, for Keith. The idea of working up dozens and dozens of songs for the tour is ludicrous. Why don't they? They can't, and it wouldn't be as good as their current show.

Date: June 3, 2014 21:06

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman

Are you kidding Dandy? What rare songs have they played? They can do far better than just playing Wild Horses, Emotional Rescue, Let's Spend The Night Together and Worried About You. Those aren't particularly rare.
While I agree with you, I doubt Mick will start taking sign requests, sadly. First time for everything, though. If they were for common tunes, then maybe...

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:22

69firebird

Because they don't have to. It's been a machine since 1981. Frankly - I don't think they can. Ronnie Wood can only play so many piddly sounding pentatonic licks - and Keith can barely bumble thru this tired set as it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home