Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Zürich 01 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:23

Beast
am on zurich observation deck. plane taxied right in front if me and is awaiting take off!

Looks like it's gone [www.flughafen-zuerich.ch] ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:24

Beast
am on zurich observation deck. plane taxied right in front if me and is awaiting take off!

Finally someone is posting some factual information. A nice change, after all the insanity we've seen in the last 24 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 17:24 by Chacal.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:24

update from zurich observation deck - plane just took off! that was a thrilling sight! now i gotta run or i'll miss my flight..,

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:27

That was a great show again. Sir Mick Jagger is truly amazing, ultimate best frontman in a rockband. It was so great to hear "You Got Me Rocking" & "Lets Spend The Night Together". Also Mick Jagger on keyboards during "Worried About You" was somthing new for me.

The Temperance Movement were good, but they could have been also for 45 minutes instead of only 25 minutes on stage.

But there was really one sad moment. Tina Turner was on the VIP seats (right side). Why the f*** she didn't performed 1 song as a guest vocalist with The Rolling Stones??

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:32

Yes, Christiano got to the bus stop this morning about 4.30am just after we left bar at Langsters Hostel .

Was great to meet you marianner and your friends yesterday at Stray Cat Bar.

We all had a great time. >grinning smiley<

>grinning smiley<Re: Zürich 01 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:36

Good to hear that crawdaddy thank you. Oh he will sleep well on the two flights>grinning smiley<

Date: June 2, 2014 17:38

Tina Turner was on the VIP seats (right side). Why the f*** she didn't performed 1 song as a guest vocalist with The Rolling Stones??

I was sitting in Block 5 next to VIP seats and thought I saw someone remarkably like Tina Turner there.

Didn't know at the time they were VIP or that Tina was in town.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:39

Ladykiller
That was a great show again. Sir Mick Jagger is truly amazing, ultimate best frontman in a rockband. It was so great to hear "You Got Me Rocking" & "Lets Spend The Night Together". Also Mick Jagger on keyboards during "Worried About You" was somthing new for me.

The Temperance Movement were good, but they could have been also for 45 minutes instead of only 25 minutes on stage.

But there was really one sad moment. Tina Turner was on the VIP seats (right side). Why the f*** she didn't performed 1 song as a guest vocalist with The Rolling Stones??

That's remarkable isn't it...I read a while back she was ill...not that she was even necessarily even considered, but I wonder if that may have been an issue in the consideration.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:42

crawdaddy
Tina Turner was on the VIP seats (right side). Why the f*** she didn't performed 1 song as a guest vocalist with The Rolling Stones??

I was sitting in Block 5 next to VIP seats and thought I saw someone remarkably like Tina Turner there.

Didn't know at the time they were VIP or that Tina was in town.

Tina lives at Küsnacht, close to Zurich, at Lake Zurich, she is swiss citizen now.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:49

latebloomer
Gazza
So, to sum up, in the last day or so Taylor is so out of favour that he's not being introduced or included in the final bows, has left the band and was spotted 600 miles away in London three hours before the band were due onstage in Switzerland and then managed to get to Zurich on time to have an almighty punch up with Keith onstage.

Did I miss anything or was he kidnapped by aliens while playing acoustic on 'Satisfaction' as well?

No, except that Keith didn't wear his blue jacket. Maybe that's why his playing was off, did ya'll ever think of that? That jacket is his chi.
Just don't go there !!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:54

It is not the first time that it happens that you break a guitar string, many guitarists continue to sound the same, if you do not bring a spare guitar is his problem.Here you break the rope to Wood [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Avarell ()
Date: June 2, 2014 18:03

some pics from "Blick" newspaper and the question:

who's that unknown beauty in mj suite? anybody knows her?

[www.blick.ch]

avarell

Date: June 2, 2014 18:07

Maybe one of his daughters.

Could be Karis.

Date: June 2, 2014 19:00

Testify
It is not the first time that it happens that you break a guitar string, many guitarists continue to sound the same, if you do not bring a spare guitar is his problem. Here you break the rope to Wood [www.youtube.com]

This is an interesting take on things...

Do you really think that on a tour of this scale, the guitarists are supposed to schlepp their own instruments around, put them in the cargo of the plane, offload them, take them to the hotel and then to the venue, set them up behind the curtain, make sure they're tuned up before the show etc ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2014 19:03

Chacal
Testify
It is not the first time that it happens that you break a guitar string, many guitarists continue to sound the same, if you do not bring a spare guitar is his problem. Here you break the rope to Wood [www.youtube.com]

Do you really think that on a tour of this scale, the guitarists are supposed to schlepp their own instruments around, put them in the cargo of the plane, offload them, take them to the hotel and then to the venue, set them up behind the curtain, make sure they're tuned up before the show etc ?

If they wanna be seen as team players, then yeah!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 2, 2014 19:09

treaclefingers
Chacal
Testify

If they wanna be seen as team players, then yeah!
these guys travel with more guitars than any band in history, Taylor having to wait for a busted string seems bizarre. This has to fall on the road crew, The Rolling Stones own most of their gear collectively there are always guest guitars and spares. Still it doesn't matter much, this was not the argument advertised, stuff happens when it's all real.

Date: June 2, 2014 19:09

Maybe it's worth suggesting, as a cost cutting method, that they build up the stage themselves as well.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 2, 2014 19:15

A professional player having to stop so blatantly because of a broken string is bizarre.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2014 19:51

... not if his Les Paul has a (Bigsby?) tremolo/vibrato device.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 19:55 by dcba.

Date: June 2, 2014 19:53

Avarell

[www.blick.ch]

avarell

She looks a bit like Diana Vishneva ?
The Russian ballerina he met at the US Embassy in Tokyo - last week of February ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 20:04 by Chacal.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: June 2, 2014 20:00

I haven't seen the video where Mick busted a string but as the owner of Bigsby equipped Les Paul I can certainly verify that if a string breaks then the guitar will go out of tune. Strange though no one handed Mick a spare...

Date: June 2, 2014 20:09

Stones62
I haven't seen the video where Mick busted a string but as the owner of Bigsby equipped Les Paul I can certainly verify that if a string breaks then the guitar will go out of tune.

As will most guitars, but fair point. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 20:16 by His Majesty.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 2, 2014 20:13

Chacal
Avarell

[www.blick.ch]

avarell

She looks a bit like Diana Vishneva ?
The Russian ballerina he met at the US Embassy in Tokyo - last week of February ?

Indeed, you've got good eyes!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 20:15 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 2, 2014 20:15

Things move on fast eh? eye popping smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2014 21:48

Chacal
Gazza
So, to sum up, in the last day or so Taylor is so out of favour that he's not being introduced or included in the final bows, has left the band and was spotted 600 miles away in London three hours before the band were due onstage in Switzerland and then managed to get to Zurich on time to have an almighty punch up with Keith onstage.

Did I miss anything or was he kidnapped by aliens while playing acoustic on 'Satisfaction' as well?

You left out that he also reunited with Bill Wyman in Zürich. Eye witnesses say Taylor and Wyman spent a night on the tiles. Painted the town red, apparently.

ah yes, the Bill Wyman apparition. Knew I'd missed something. Cheers, mate.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2014 21:57

Ladykiller

Well, Tina has been pretty much semi-retired for the last decade or more. I'm sure she attends quite a few gigs near where she lives but doesnt jump on stage at any of them.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 2, 2014 22:25

The Stones seem to be in really good shape thumbs up
but Keith' BS intro is just unbelievable bad and although I do admit that he plays CBS I think he should practise a little more before performing it in front of an audience...
but don't get me wrong - I love this guy and I'm happy that he's still fit enough to do gigs with THE GREATEST ROCK N'ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD smileys with beer

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2014 22:37

muenke
It was a fun Show in Zürich, some Songs worked very well (GS - very loud guitars, Worried About You - cool and soulfull version, LSTNT - first time live for me and it was slow, but great, SFTD - very good solo by Keith imo, same on HTW), some not that good (BS, Can´t be seen). I love Taylor but RW did a phantastic Job yesterday, some great solos ...

And one thing is for sure: 98,5 % of the crowd wanted to hear those "greatest hits" ... for the rest (like me) we got MT on Rambler! Point! smileys with beer

thank you for the note from the real world-

its the pattern here lately,the fans who went to a show post about how great it was,how much fun they had,how good the band sounded and then theres a group of others who tell us-

1.keith is finished
2.the band is on its last tour
3.the 'setlist sucks" [i would be happy to never hear the word "setlist "again]
4.they should drop all of their best known songs
5.the cell phone video they watched on youtube tells them the band doesnt sound good live anymore.

the thing is they are a great band with great songs and they are playing their asses off.so keith made a mistake or two-bfd,its not a damn jazz band.jagger is on a roll as well as ronnie,charlie is charlie and the backing band have been working hard as always.

to those who dont want them to play the "warhorses" anymore,you are being jerks.the stones doing brown sugar or satisfaction or jumping jack flash is a triumpant moment,an iconic band playing iconic songs live right in front of you

-many,many people at the concerts have never seen the rolling stones live before,to want to deny them that moment,when they get to see the great keith richards play those riffs and mick jagger sing those great songs in person, is just ignorant.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 2, 2014 22:42

Gazza
Ladykiller

Well, Tina has been pretty much semi-retired for the last decade or more. I'm sure she attends quite a few gigs near where she lives but doesnt jump on stage at any of them.

I read, that she had a storke, last week. A performance with the Stones would have been the best proof, that everything is okay with her.

I've a photo from Tina Turner (not the best, because she was sitting behind a window), which I would like to share with you. Can someone please tell me, how I can upload it?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2014 22:56

lem motlow

to those who dont want them to play the "warhorses" anymore,you are being jerks.the stones doing brown sugar or satisfaction or jumping jack flash is a triumpant moment,an iconic band playing iconic songs live right in front of you

Mix in one or two rarities per show and you'd get the perfect live formula...
hey wait a minute, this is exactly what Jagger's been doing since 2012! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home