Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The Greatest Chuck Leavell Solos
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:00

If the stones would not like his playing, they had replaced him long time ago. So who are we to judge.
What is good enough for the Stones must be good enough for us.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:01

SomeTorontoGirl
Thank god for Canadian health care. Just had my tongue sewn back on. Have been biting it ever so hard since this thread started...

Got for it STG, sometimes you just gotta let it all out... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:01

HMS
If the stones would not like his playing, they had replaced him long time ago. So who are we to judge.

i believed that until i heard "down in the hole" on emotional rescue. then i stopped believing that.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 24, 2015 23:31

latebloomer
Got for it STG, sometimes you just gotta let it all out... tongue sticking out smiley

Nah. I'm kidding! Chuck is a badass rock star dude. Did you see him finishing his HTW solos on the tour? Big flourish, then he'd wham the keyboard with his foot or his butt - bets laid every night over which it would be! - just like Jerry Lee Lewis. Or Burton Cummings. Or somebody. It was to swoon!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 25, 2015 03:18

HMS

Well said

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 25, 2015 16:33

Yes. After all, who are we? We shouldn't complain and we must agree with the band's decisions.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 25, 2015 16:46

Redhotcarpet
Yes. After all, who are we? We shouldn't complain and we must agree with the band's decisions.

The fans / consert attendants / buyers of their music are the once to decide and judge. If they don't like it, there is no band. A band without fans / consert attendants / buyers of their music is no band.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 25, 2015 17:21

Prefer Stu and Nicky Hopkins is LOVE the Stones too..drinking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 30, 2015 18:46

Stu and Nicky Hopkins put the magic touches to the track.
Any track.

They enhance the RS music.

IMO, live, any track is swamped with Chuck.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: July 30, 2015 19:02

I think the discussion about Chuck ruining the keyboard parts and sound is really ridiculous.
First of all because most of the other players you are talking about are dead. And you do not hear that much of Mac on the recordings from 1978/81.
Secondly because the Stones want Chuck as keyboard player because he is competent and a team player. That´s what all other musicians he played with will tell you, too (Eric Clapton, Govt Mule, Allman Brothers, just to Name a few).
Thirdly I like him and his playing, too.

Date: July 30, 2015 19:09

RockingLonestar
I think the discussion about Chuck ruining the keyboard parts and sound is really ridiculous.
First of all because most of the other players you are talking about are dead. And you do not hear that much of Mac on the recordings from 1978/81.
Secondly because the Stones want Chuck as keyboard player because he is competent and a team player. That´s what all other musicians he played with will tell you, too (Eric Clapton, Govt Mule, Allman Brothers, just to Name a few).

Chuck? Is that you?

Date: July 30, 2015 19:12

smoking smiley I think so smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2015 19:16

Turner68
RockingLonestar

Chuck? Is that you?

No I´m Stu ;-)

Date: July 31, 2015 03:35

RockingLonestar
Turner68
RockingLonestar

Chuck? Is that you?

No I´m Stu ;-)

well played, sir.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 31, 2015 04:05

The worst thing they ever did to HTW is add that piano solo and extra chorus..screws up the perfect r n r song ...

Date: July 31, 2015 04:09

scottkeef
The worst thing they ever did to HTW is add that piano solo and extra chorus..screws up the perfect r n r song ...

totally agree.. i actually think a reason why many people prefer BS to HTW is simply because it's done so much better live, and not butchered by some of the guest pianists brought along tour in recent years.... ahem.

Date: August 5, 2015 11:30

Just listen to: Chuck Leavell - Back To The Woods: A Tribute To The Pioneers Of Blues Piano

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home