Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 8, 2014 19:30

oh please Brazil, show what you can do even without Neymar !

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 8, 2014 19:32

Hulk and Fred are overrated

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: July 8, 2014 20:02

Brazil seems to have perfected the art of 'winning ugly' but I hope Germany will prevail today. The key may be the referee from Mexico; he has a history of being trigger happy with the cards. It will be a battle, that's for sure.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2014 20:02

Gooo
Hulk and Fred are overrated

Highly overrated. And Neymar is a fine football player, but he could be even better if he doesn't pretend to be beaten all the time. Despite being brazilian, Germany wins today, that's my prediction.

Date: July 8, 2014 20:06

How many fouls will Brazil do today?wwhat happened to the beautiful game

Date: July 8, 2014 20:15

I think Brazil has 96 fouls so far. Today will be crazy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2014 20:22

RoughJusticeOnYa
treaclefingers
RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger
jpasc95
Come on Brazil !!
Please get rid of the Germans. I've never liked the way they play football.

and go ahead the Netherlands !

What problem do you have with the way Germany play football? Since 2006 they have played with attacking flair and passion. They showed that beating Argentina 4-0 and England 4-1 in their knockout stage games in the last World Cup. They try to score goals, not engage in cynical stalemate matches.

This time round they have been in closely fought matches with Ghana, Algeria, USA but you can't accuse them of being boring. Their only game so far that has resulted in an air-less game with few chances was the last one against France. Were any others of the quarter finals really better. I don't think so.

I completely agree with you.
And your statement "since 2006" is valid for a serious time frame previous to that year, too!
As far as I can remember, Germany has had that very 'complete' & attacking style of footbal that you're referring to, with a distinctive flair & passion to it indeed, dating back as far as 1990... (though they've had their ups & downs as well.)

I wouldn't take him too seriously...I'm sure he won't post a rebuttal either as he wouldn't know how to defend his stance as it is probably more emotional than factual.

I assume you're referring to Dagger, yes? Well, I think he had a point.

Sorry, no I'm also in agreement with Dagger...I was referring to jpasc95

Date: July 8, 2014 20:44

gimmelittledrink
96 fouls , really ?
it sounds enormous
tonight I think Brazil will show they can beat the heavy graceless German machine with a beautiful way.
let's hope the referee won't give a helping hand to Brazil

Date: July 8, 2014 20:57

Brazil has shown much less grace than Germany, don't you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 20:58 by gimmelittledrink.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 8, 2014 21:05

Dear Mr. DJA, you could have stayed with your continent instead of your hemisphere...but that's your free election right of course! Let's see which geography wins! LOL

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 8, 2014 21:40

jpasc95
gimmelittledrink
96 fouls , really ?
it sounds enormous
tonight I think Brazil will show they can beat the heavy graceless German machine with a beautiful way.

Graceless German machine??? Where are you from man, Mars? What football have you been watching? You obviously have an issue with Germany and not their football team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 22:16 by Silver Dagger.

Date: July 8, 2014 21:44

Germany plays with more grace the Brazil

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:01

That's easy since Brazil plays with no grace at all smoking smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:08

Brazil at least 3-1

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:13

treaclefingers
RoughJusticeOnYa
treaclefingers
RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger
jpasc95
Come on Brazil !!
Please get rid of the Germans. I've never liked the way they play football.

and go ahead the Netherlands !

What problem do you have with the way Germany play football? Since 2006 they have played with attacking flair and passion. They showed that beating Argentina 4-0 and England 4-1 in their knockout stage games in the last World Cup. They try to score goals, not engage in cynical stalemate matches.

This time round they have been in closely fought matches with Ghana, Algeria, USA but you can't accuse them of being boring. Their only game so far that has resulted in an air-less game with few chances was the last one against France. Were any others of the quarter finals really better. I don't think so.

I completely agree with you.
And your statement "since 2006" is valid for a serious time frame previous to that year, too!
As far as I can remember, Germany has had that very 'complete' & attacking style of footbal that you're referring to, with a distinctive flair & passion to it indeed, dating back as far as 1990... (though they've had their ups & downs as well.)

I wouldn't take him too seriously...I'm sure he won't post a rebuttal either as he wouldn't know how to defend his stance as it is probably more emotional than factual.

I assume you're referring to Dagger, yes? Well, I think he had a point.

Sorry, no I'm also in agreement with Dagger...I was referring to jpasc95

Aaaah - got it. (nów... winking smiley )

First semi final about to start;
enjoy it, everybody!!

Me, I'm just hoping that both semis will be just a little bit better than these quarters... phew.
Time will tell.

Date: July 8, 2014 22:28

It's gonna be fun to watch

Posted by: stein ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:34

Guess Germany meet Netherlands in the final and history will be written when the a European team winn WC on the American continent for the first time

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:45

These are the first real games that I curious about ...........hope both games will only last for 2 x 45 min. have get up early the next day's

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:47

Silver Dagger
jpasc95
gimmelittledrink
96 fouls , really ?
it sounds enormous

Graceless German machine??? Where are you from man, Mars? What football have you been watching? You obviously have an issue with Germany and not their football team.

yes it's pretty obvious...everyone posting here has been pretty gracious but for some reason jpasc95 has been in 'hatemongering' mode.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:50

Good Luck to both teams. All 4 teams to cover tomorrow's matches and cheers to good sportsmanship.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:53

stein
Guess Germany meet Netherlands in the final and history will be written when the a European team winn WC on the American continent for the first time

Will never happen

Date: July 8, 2014 22:58

Van persie has a stomach bug , looks like Argentina now has a chance

Date: July 8, 2014 23:12

Mueller scores 11 minutes into game.... Oh yeah

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2014 23:15

Incredibly poor marking by Brazil. The thing is; Brazil can't get away with playing so-so against a top team like Germany. This goal is going to open up the match - which is a good thing...

Posted by: mr_dja ()

Quique-stone
Dear Mr. DJA, you could have stayed with your continent instead of your hemisphere...but that's your free election right of course! Let's see which geography wins! LOL

At this point I think I'm hopelessly lost! Actually, my continent (North America) isn't actually an option since all of our teams have been eliminated though you're correct that I could have easilly hopped on a "South" America bandwagon based on continent similarity. I was trying to imply that I was going to stick in the "WESTERN Hemisphere" for my rooting purposes but after reading your post, I realized that I could just have easily been saying that I was rooting for the European teams in the NORTHERN hemisphere. It's all so confusing!

For even more confusion...

Within the past couple of hours I've just found out that my brother-in-law who I meantioned above, although he was born and raised in El Salvador before moving to the USA to be with my sister, is actually a HUGE fan of Holland. He was a bit more conservative than Greg but promised his kids (9&4) that, if Holland actually wins, they are going to San Salvador the very next day to buy replica jerseys for the entire family.

I think I'm going to simplify things by saying: "GO WORLD! Play a beautiful game and I root for you. Play ugly & boring and I'm going to hope you get sent packing!"

Peace,
Mr DJA

Go, Deutschland!

Date: July 8, 2014 23:18

treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
jpasc95
gimmelittledrink
96 fouls , really ?
it sounds enormous

yes it's pretty obvious...everyone posting here has been pretty gracious but for some reason jpasc95 has been in 'hatemongering' mode.
no I just don't like their football.
you don't agree with me , it's no problem to me. Just try to be a little bit more tolerant.

Date: July 8, 2014 23:22

Can u say blow out???

Date: July 8, 2014 23:25

What a joke.... I called it

Date: July 8, 2014 23:25

3x0??? eye popping smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home