Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061Next
Current Page: 56 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 14, 2014 09:10

The best team won.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 14, 2014 09:39

kleermaker
Silver Dagger
kleermaker
An equal and not very interesting match with a beautiful goal at the very end. Bad luck for the Argentinians. The Germans had one day extra to recover from a very easy game against Brazil, the Argentinians had lesser time to recover from a very tough game against the Dutch. Maybe that made the difference. A pity we missed a match with the Germans vs. the Dutch. Both equal to Argentina, both much better than Brazil. It would have been a dream final.

I'm glad Germany didn't play the Dutch. You would have been supermotivated and may even have won. grinning smiley

You? They!

My use of the personal in this case is based on the knowledge that you are Dutch and a Holland fan kleer.

Date: July 14, 2014 09:40

guitarbastard
neuers foul was attempted homocide, just like schumacher 1982. should have seen the red card plus penalty. and damned argentina missed so many chances, even messi had the title on his foot, as we say in german. they played a good tournament, but in the final argentina was way better. sad.

Ein haufen scheisse.

Date: July 14, 2014 09:47

Thank you to everyone who took part in this thread. It was passionate, it was sometimes heated but above everything else it got a load of us talking about the great game that is football.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: July 14, 2014 09:54

Der Fußballgott ist kein Österreicher, sonst wäre das nicht passiert...smileys with beer

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 14, 2014 10:00

Silver Dagger
guitarbastard
neuers foul was attempted homocide, just like schumacher 1982. should have seen the red card plus penalty. and damned argentina missed so many chances, even messi had the title on his foot, as we say in german. they played a good tournament, but in the final argentina was way better. sad.

Ein haufen scheisse.
a load of bullshit ?
Neuer should've been punished with a yellow card. His agression was not so brutal as Schumacher's one in 1982 but still dangerous.
I know it was 32 years ago but very recently Schumacher Harald declared about his famous agression in Seville against Battiston that if it had to be done again he would do it again. He also said that he was doped with cocaine in 82. To me , this guy is a pig !
I also remember the way German fans behaved in 1998 in France during the WC. Like pigs !
That's why it's very hard for me to support Germany.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 14, 2014 10:13

What a rough joke the Fifa pulled on Messi to give him the golden ball. He himself knew
damned well that he was not able to play his best. He was just wandering on the pitch,
with only a couple of actions, most of which ended no where. And that was not the first
game he was far below his normal level. I think it was a humiliating action to make him
come up there and receive his golden ball.

Players like Lahm or Boateng, or Mascherano on Argentinian side were more important
on this WC.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: July 14, 2014 10:51

Not to forget Arjen Robben, imo the best player in this tournament.

Date: July 14, 2014 10:56

Pogba was appointed the best young player of the tournament. What a great player he is!

Date: July 14, 2014 11:40

jpasc95
Silver Dagger
guitarbastard

Ein haufen scheisse.
a load of bullshit ?
Neuer should've been punished with a yellow card. His agression was not so brutal as Schumacher's one in 1982 but still dangerous.
I know it was 32 years ago but very recently Schumacher Harald declared about his famous agression in Seville against Battiston that if it had to be done again he would do it again. He also said that he was doped with cocaine in 82. To me , this guy is a pig !
I also remember the way German fans behaved in 1998 in France during the WC. Like pigs !
That's why it's very hard for me to support Germany.

There are idiots in every country jpasc95 including footballers. But if you can't see beyond that then that's when xenophonia creeps in. Football hooliganism was rife in the late 90s and early 2000s and it's something not exclusive to Germany either.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 14, 2014 11:54

I'm German, and believe me, we're still ashamed about what happened in 1982 and 1998. I'm glad Germany did not win the WC in those years.

I think Germans fans behaved well in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 and especially

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 14, 2014 12:17

Congratulations to Germany for winning the World Championship!

I did not see many games as I was busy with the Stones this summer, but the final game was played with high intensity and precition. It was great to see both teams aiming at outperforming the other team by putting the ball into play fast. But one had to win in the end.

Now Maracana is waiting for the Stones...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 14, 2014 12:25

If Messi had scored in the beginning I guess it would have opened up the match better. Messi seems a little bit out of form (or injuries) though. Like Ronaldo. The match wasn't exactly a football feast.
I'm glad it didn't go to penalties. In the end the Germans are worthy champions although I would have loved to see a new nation winning the World Cup.
Germany, Italy and Brazil now have 2/3 of the total gold medals. Too many!

Date: July 14, 2014 12:29

bv
Congratulations to Germany for winning the World Championship!

I did not see many games as I was busy with the Stones this summer, but the final game was played with high intensity and precition. It was great to see both teams aiming at outperforming the other team by putting the ball into play fast. But one had to win in the end.

Now Maracana is waiting for the Stones...

Hi BV, do you think this is going to happen and if so when? Great news if it is. The Stones continue to roll!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 14, 2014 12:41

Great cup, too many referee mistakes, but ths is nor new. As alwayys the Wolrd Cup is the most exciting sporting event in the world.

Congrats Germany, you manage to leave behind your games againts Ghana, Usa and Argelia. Best team in the tournament? Not sure, World Champions? No doubt.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 14, 2014 13:17

Argentina was really great, the best player IMO was Mascherano.
Germany won because of better condition at the end.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 14, 2014 13:23

Vlaar, best centre back of the tournament
Rodriguez best player and best young player

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 14, 2014 13:34

Messi is a joke

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 14, 2014 14:22

The Germans are a worthy WC. Müller behaved pretty well this time, but what Neuer did, coming into an Argentinian striker with both his knees, did remind me of another German goal keeper in a certain match against France: it was a dark yellow card at least, but the Argentinian got the foul! The arbitrage was beneath average overall the WC, except some exceptions. They should at least delete the off side rule. It ruins the game and it is something from the far past. Besides the refs aren't able to maintain that rule properly. Sometimes it's a joke when it's a matter of centimeters, which a human simply can't judge but afterwards on video.

Messi was totally wasted. He couldn't bring what he normally can. Good for the Germans, but a big loss for the Argentinians. The rest of them played rather well, not as afraid as when they played against the Dutch. Messi wasn't the best player of the tournament imo. One of the best, but he couldn't equal Maradona at all. I think Robben was the most threatening striker. He played an unbelievably good tournament, just like James Rodrigues who is a very great talent. All in all a very enjoyable tournament.

btw Silver: I don't identify myself with one of the teams or players. If the Dutch team wins, they win, not me. Most enjoyable match imo was the Belgians vs. the Americans. I really enjoyed the Belgian team very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-14 14:24 by kleermaker.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 14, 2014 14:23

It´s Kind of strange to read how many persons think about who was the best player, best goal keeper, best defender, etc. Ronaldo? Messi? Neymar? Müller? Robben? Who cares? This is a team challenge and Germany had the best TEAM at this WC. Think about Schürrle and Götze as jokers ... Think about the fact, that Khedira (a so called "key-player"!) had to quit just 15 Minutes before the final, a young player (not even many Germans do know Mr. Kramer) comes in as a substitute, playing great for about 30 minutes until he is knocked out and has to be substituted himself ... If there is one thing, that the footbalworld has learned from this WC, it is the rule: "Der Star ist die Mannschaft"/"The Team is the star" ... Don´t focus that much on single Players ...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 14, 2014 14:25

Gooo
Messi is a joke

No, he was really great.
The problem is that the other Argentinians were not in that class except Mascherano who was the best of all.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 14, 2014 14:50

Muenke
It´s Kind of strange to read how many persons think about who was the best player, best goal keeper, best defender, etc.

It's not us, it's the Fifa who apperently liked to humiliate Messi with this golden ball.
He deserved to go quietly, but they had to put the spot light on him, only to highlight
his failure to lift his team to a higher level. Something other great players on this
tournament really did.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: July 14, 2014 15:04

Congrats tot the Germans. I watched the match at North Sea Jazz central square while Nile Rodgers and Chic played Let's Dance and other classics at hearing distance. Funny atmosphere. Never knew there were so many germans at NSJ. Wonderful goal by Götze! Control, speed, precision... Still, one keeps wondering what 'we' would have achieved against Germany...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: July 14, 2014 15:07

muenke
It´s Kind of strange to read how many persons think about who was the best player, best goal keeper, best defender, etc. Ronaldo? Messi? Neymar? Müller? Robben? Who cares? ...

Maybe you ask this question because the German team is a bunch of craftsmen with not a single excellent player but enormous success as a team? Just speculating...

Personally I prefer Robben to Schweinsteiger - this is like Art compared to heavy labor.

Congrats anyway drinking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 14, 2014 15:15

So, the next two World Cups will take place in Putin's dictatorship of Russia (2018) and the sheikdom of Qatar (2022). Putin's planes flying in and out of the Swedish borders these days might render me to be a Russian citizen during the next World Cup then. Speaking of costs by the way, apparently this WC is estimated to cost US$14 billion as opposed to the 1994 US WC which had an estimated cost of US$30 million.

Date: July 14, 2014 15:25

kleermaker
The Germans are a worthy WC. Müller behaved pretty well this time, but what Neuer did, coming into an Argentinian striker with both his knees, did remind me of another German goal keeper in a certain match against France: it was a dark yellow card at least, but the Argentinian got the foul! The arbitrage was beneath average overall the WC, except some exceptions. They should at least delete the off side rule. It ruins the game and it is something from the far past. Besides the refs aren't able to maintain that rule properly. Sometimes it's a joke when it's a matter of centimeters, which a human simply can't judge but afterwards on video.

Messi was totally wasted. He couldn't bring what he normally can. Good for the Germans, but a big loss for the Argentinians. The rest of them played rather well, not as afraid as when they played against the Dutch. Messi wasn't the best player of the tournament imo. One of the best, but he couldn't equal Maradona at all. I think Robben was the most threatening striker. He played an unbelievably good tournament, just like James Rodrigues who is a very great talent. All in all a very enjoyable tournament.

btw Silver: I don't identify myself with one of the teams or players. If the Dutch team wins, they win, not me. Most enjoyable match imo was the Belgians vs. the Americans. I really enjoyed the Belgian team very much.

Your best post of the thread/tournament kleer. thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: ParachuteMan ()
Date: July 14, 2014 15:26

guitarbastard

I can see why people may have had flashbacks of Schumacher vs Battiston in 1982, but this was quite different. Neuer clearly hit the ball before he collided with Higuain, therefore it wasn't foul play. Schumacher, by contrast, wasn't anywhere near the ball in the 1982 semi-final against France and simply went for taking out Battiston - attempted homicide would not have been too much of an exaggeration for that scene. And the biggest scandal of all was that the referee just allowed the play to continue. That was truly one of the most shameful moments of World Cup history.
The scene last night between Neuer and Higuain was just a rough but legal tackle. There was still a wrong decision, though, with the referee awarding a free kick to Germany, when it should have been a throw-in for Argentina. So yes, there was a wrong decision here, but presumably of less consequence than in 1982. And certainly no attempted homicide, no red card and no penalty.

It's not just my opinion by the way, check e.g. [www.dailymail.co.uk] for some detailed analysis.

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 14, 2014 15:44

mickschix
Not a fan of anything GERMAN...

What do you mean exactly? Does this include the people?

Do you have bad experiences with "anything GERMAN" or is it just a prejustice?

Too much stupidity in this world!

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: July 14, 2014 15:49

ParachuteMan
I can see why people may have had flashbacks of Schumacher vs Battiston in 1982, but this was quite different. Neuer clearly hit the ball before he collided with Higuain, therefore it wasn't foul play.

It's not really relevant whether Neuer hit the ball: it was his raised knee that was there for only one purpose: to torpedo Higuain. It was a vicious attack.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 14, 2014 16:11

Silver Dagger
kleermaker

Your best post of the thread/tournament kleer. thumbs up smileys with beer

The others were just as great Silver. cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061Next
Current Page: 56 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home