Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 106
Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! tour
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 30, 2015 22:20

Jimmy C
This tour is getting such great reviews, why does PT have to be such an ass when he opens up his mouth to the press?

"The shows? I don’t like them," Townshend said. "I don’t find them fulfilling. But I’m brilliant at it. I find it incredibly easy. I drift through it."

Read more at [www.nme.com] [www.nme.com]

Pete's always been a little "touched". A lot of the great ones are (were). Don't care what he says to press as long as he's playing the way he is. Shows that deep down he is into it. I saw a show on the first farewell tour in 1982 (haha) where you could tell he just didn't really care & it showed. The Clash destroyed them. & you know "there's no such thing as bad press". I'm going to see them in September & looking forward to it. Am glad they are packing it in before it becomes a travesty. The tapes I've heard from this tour have been excellent.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 30, 2015 22:21

These quotes were taken some time before the tour started ,I guess.

Give us your take on it now PTownshend ,now The Who Tour is well underway. thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 1, 2015 03:39

Heard Atlanta show was great!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 1, 2015 20:09

The Who's Pete Townshend blames Roger Daltrey's wife for their numerous feuds, claiming things might have been better between them 'if he hadn't stayed with her'

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 2, 2015 03:30

DVD/Blu of 1982 Shea Stadium gig being released in June!

[thewho.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-02 03:31 by bonddm.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 2, 2015 05:39

reg thorpe
The Who's Pete Townshend blames Roger Daltrey's wife for their numerous feuds, claiming things might have been better between them 'if he hadn't stayed with her'

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"When he married American model Heather in 1971 — she was the inspiration for Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady —"

Hmmm. I always thought that was Lithofayne Pridgon, but in Jimi's case it could have been an amalgamation of many...

Nice to see her and Roger together after almost 50 years..but he's obviously no Charlie Watts...I quote Roger:

"Look, I'm in a rock band, I've got loads of other girlfriends and I'm not going to give any of them up. If you can put up with that, I'll happily get married." Incredibly, she said yes."

peace

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 2, 2015 13:56

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 2, 2015 15:12

Blue Boy

Well, we will always have the memories and their recordings. I think I'm going to spend the $9.99 and buy the show's track on their web page.

Does anybody of you know how this download feature works? Yesterday I decided to order one of them but had no possibility to select the specific show I would like to have. The web page says “e-mail confirmation will be sent to verify which tour date and venue you would like your live download from" but actually I am simply charged $9.99 without any show to download in sight... confused smiley

Date: May 3, 2015 14:03

The Who strongly rumoured to play Glastonbury instead of the 1st Paris show.

Date: May 3, 2015 14:07

It's done.
Instead of the two Paris shows.
Maybe Paris still get a gig on the 30th june (but it's not sure) then moved the ziggo dome the day after (2 july)

Date: May 3, 2015 14:24

Anyway, it sucks. I can deal with cancelled shows when it's about health issue. After all we're fans of artists in their seventies and we know it can be risky. But to cancel shows just because of a better opportunity, without considering people have made plans, hotel or transport reservations, wtf?

Date: May 3, 2015 14:26

Jumpinjackflash59
Anyway, it sucks. I can deal with cancelled shows when it's about health issue. After all we're fans of artists in their seventies and we know it can be risky. But to cancel shows just because of a better opportunity, without considering people have made plans, hotel or transport reservations, wtf?

You're right, it's discusting. if it's confirmed @#$%& them smiling smiley
But how about the french promoteur? this is not a real case of emergency. so how they can canceled like that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-03 14:29 by AntoineParis.

Date: May 3, 2015 14:29

Jumpinjackflash59

You're right, it's discusting. if it's confirmed @#$%& them smiling smiley
But how about the french promoteur? this is not a real case of emergency. so how they can canceled like that?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 3, 2015 15:45

WTF??? If true, this is OUT-effing-RAGEOUS. Explain yourself, PTownshend.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 3, 2015 15:58

Yes, I paid for the download and have not received any email.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 3, 2015 16:24

AntoineParis
It's done.
Instead of the two Paris shows.
Maybe Paris still get a gig on the 30th june (but it's not sure) then moved the ziggo dome the day after (2 july)

It's DONE ???????????????????

First of all, it would be an outrage if it were true. And if it were true, how come there's no mention of it on either of these two places ........... ?

[thewho.com]

[thewho.com]

[www.gdp.fr]

I don't believe it, not until I at the very least read it on either the WHO's own website and/or the French promoter's website ....... !!

PS: anyone know a good entertainment lawyer ? F**k this for a game of soldiers. You buy the tickets, you make the Eurostar train reservations and buy the tickets, you book accommodation for three nights (not easy to find in Paris for three nights in the height of summer) ... and then you read this kind of s**t a couple of months beforehand. If it does turn out to be true, I ain't gonna take it sitting down ... that's for sure !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 3, 2015 17:01

Not official yet...
I hope my source is wrong but...
we'll see....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 3, 2015 17:20

AntoineParis
Not official yet...
I hope my source is wrong but ...
we'll see....

Me too. But it is curious that that although the tabloid newspapers are gleefully reporting it as if it is a fact (a "done deal" so to say), there's absolutely nothing in the way of official announcements where it actually matters most; and that is on the website of the band, and furthermore of the French promoter for the Paris shows.

You WOULD kind of expect THEM to have a word on the matter, so until such time as they decide to actually have that word, I'm inclined to think that it's more a case of some people's imagination running rampant ... and the press has picked up on it and is treating it as fact, as opposed to a figment of one or more people's imagination and a strong case "wishful thinking" !!

Anyway, like you, I hope that that it turns out not to be true and that their current plans for Hyde Park on the 26th and Paris on the 28th and 29th stay as they are ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 3, 2015 17:44

Money talksangry smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 3, 2015 17:46

What do you expect from a band that played a show before their bassist was burried? They lost me then...... I've watched clips, they sound mediocre,

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 3, 2015 18:13

It is far to early to spend any energy on this or get into a rage unless it's officially confirmed. So far it's just a rumour, and there have been countless rumours over various Glastonbury performances by a lot of different artists over the past few years, most of them not coming true.

I don't give a sh**t on anything in the British tabloids.

Date: May 3, 2015 18:25

My source is not tabloids... Some friends have canceled their trip to Paris

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: May 3, 2015 21:40

Please tell me it's not true... I have two tickets for the second (29th) show, I'm travelling from Buenos Aires to honeymooning! I just can't believe it... no chance to ever see The Who in my life.

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: May 3, 2015 21:48

dandelion1967
Please tell me it's not true...

I hope so!!!!

Date: May 3, 2015 22:10

we'll know more tomorrow from a very reliable source. Hope it will be good news, especialy after reading dandelion's post.

Date: May 4, 2015 00:32

DoomandGloom
What do you expect from a band that played a show before their bassist was burried? They lost me then...... I've watched clips, they sound mediocre,

not really fair to say. i'm sure the band would have had to pay a ton to break a contract and not play. once there was some contract dispute over an aerosmith show and the band got sued for something like 6 million dollars for not playing. it was all resolved but still

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 4, 2015 00:47

Yeah, nice to be judge and jury on someone else's choices. From what Pete and Roger have said was they didn't want to disappoint fans and felt it would be good tribute to John to keep rocking. And they played some ferocious shows on that tour!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 4, 2015 01:48

<<From what Pete and Roger have said was they didn't want to disappoint fans and felt it would be good tribute to John to keep rocking.>>

Not to mention the livelihood of all the people working behind the scenes, like the road crew.

Add to this an observation made later by manager Bill Curbishley that if they'd not gone on under those circumstances it would have been hard for the Who to get back on a stage again, ever.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 4, 2015 04:34

reg thorpe

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Uh huh. Reminds me of my father. Or Keith. Richards, that is. And Jimmy Page.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 4, 2015 08:30

AntoineParis
My source is not tabloids... Some friends have canceled their trip to Paris

You quoted "Uncut". Their source is the (bloody awful) "Sun".

Stupid to cancel a trip to Paris because of some British tabloid-paper-fueled rumours.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home