Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 18
Re: Anita's friend?
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 18, 2014 16:57

gypsy18
Hey, Rockman and Souldoggie - and everyone else!

Those photos came from my old Anita site from a decade ago and have made their way all over the internet over the years. I have the original black and white negatives and photos of pregnant Anita with the man backstage and onstage at Hyde Park (and no information came with either), and Constance took the color screencaps from Hyde Park.

Anyway, the man I bought the negatives and photos from does not know who the mystery man is. I asked both Stash and Marlon years ago if they could identify the him, but they have no clue as to who he is. Marlon's best guess is that the man "worked" for the Stones.

I'd still like to know who he is, and thought he was perhaps related to Tarka and Orlando Campbell, but he isn't. I came to terms years ago that he's likely just another guy on the fringe of the Stones' camp, as Marlon suggested, who probably fell along the wayside early on.

We're working on getting the old Anita site back up and running again whenever we have time, as we have bought hundreds more rare photos we've bought and scanned and can't wait to share! We've had three servers/hosts since 1999, and hope we can finally find a permanent one that won't shut down on us!

With all of your efforts and expense over the years for your Anita fansite, have you ever had any contact with Anita? She must surely have been impressed and flattered.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 18, 2014 18:53

Cristiano Radtke
Here's a pic with a better resolution. I've got no clues about who is this guy, though.

Anyone know what "cultish celebs & icons" in the upper right hand corner refers to? Is this a magazine? If so, maybe there was a caption somewhere for the photo? (grasping at straws...)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 18, 2014 19:11

gypsy18
We're working on getting the old Anita site back up and running again

All the best of luck on that one. Please let us know when you've succeeded.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 18, 2014 19:28

It will be great to see more pics of Anita and I have no clue "Anita's friend".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-18 19:47 by runaway.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2014 19:37

gypsy18
mighty stork
Has anyone asked the ladies who are pictured???
When Marlon showed his mum my high-res scanned photos - bc I have a set of six backstage and six onstage - she couldn't remember.

But thanks for trying, great initiative and great site. Very cool.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: April 18, 2014 19:57

2000man2000
Anyone knows who's this guy sitting with Anita Pallenberg?

Judging by the expression on Anita's face, she's asking the same thing

Date: April 18, 2014 23:59

This is getting to be as big a mystery as MH370! Someone should contact CNN to look into it....smoking smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: April 19, 2014 06:01

I have a feeling this guy is in the witness protection program and we may never find out.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:47

It's most definitely not Ian McDonald and it isn't backstage at Hyde Park either. Backstage at Hyde Park was a couple of small caravans. grinning smiley

Date: May 9, 2014 00:30

Definitely not Michael Cooper either. I notice that Anita moves from M. left to the right. Amazing.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 9, 2014 03:24

as much of a mystery as brian's death...

Posted by: jahtimbo ()
Date: May 12, 2014 14:16

My two cents?

Mario Schifano, a painter who was an earlier boyfriend of Anita's, and later a short term companion of Marianne's.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 12, 2014 14:20

jahtimbo
My two cents?

Mario Schifano, a painter who was an earlier boyfriend of Anita's, and later a short term companion of Marianne's.

Nah, doesn't look like him.
Google images:
[www.google.se]

Posted by: jahtimbo ()
Date: May 12, 2014 14:21

But 55 years back?

[www.google.se]

Whoops...meant 45 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-12 14:23 by jahtimbo.

Date: May 12, 2014 16:35

jahtimbo
My two cents?

From gypsy18 from page 2 of this thread:
When Marlon showed his mum my high-res scanned photos - bc I have a set of six backstage and six onstage - she couldn't remember.

So unless Anita cannot recall previous boyfriends (that's something you usually don't forget), she did not know/remember this person!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 12, 2014 19:43

jahtimbo
But 55 years back?

[www.google.se]

Whoops...meant 45 years.

Most definitely not.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:48

Antonio Banderas?

[img2.timeinc.net]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:49

Undercover1
Antonio Banderas?

[img2.timeinc.net]

He was born in 1960!
[en.wikipedia.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:58

Yes...it was a joke. Apparently not a very good one, sorry.

Just thought it resembled him.

-Undercover1

Date: May 12, 2014 23:02

jahtimbo
My two cents?

It isn't but that's the sort of guy it could be. Some boy toy, an actor, model, a "friend", dealer, hang around. Someone from some film shoot, photo shoot, some connection.

Posted by: thosewildhorses ()
Date: May 13, 2014 06:47

gypsy18
Hey, Rockman and Souldoggie - and everyone else!

Those photos came from my old Anita site from a decade ago and have made their way all over the internet over the years. I have the original black and white negatives and photos of pregnant Anita with the man backstage and onstage at Hyde Park (and no information came with either), and Constance took the color screencaps from Hyde Park.

Anyway, the man I bought the negatives and photos from does not know who the mystery man is. I asked both Stash and Marlon years ago if they could identify the him, but they have no clue as to who he is. Marlon's best guess is that the man "worked" for the Stones.

I'd still like to know who he is, and thought he was perhaps related to Tarka and Orlando Campbell, but he isn't. I came to terms years ago that he's likely just another guy on the fringe of the Stones' camp, as Marlon suggested, who probably fell along the wayside early on.

We're working on getting the old Anita site back up and running again whenever we have time, as we have bought hundreds more rare photos we've bought and scanned and can't wait to share! We've had three servers/hosts since 1999, and hope we can finally find a permanent one that won't shut down on us!

thought Anita looked quite pregnant...a Keith product? smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 13, 2014 09:35

Dammit, every time this thread gets updated I think the mystery is solved! grinning smiley I don't know why I care, really, it's just that the guy looks vaguely familiar and it's irritating.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 19, 2014 11:58

thosewildhorses

thought Anita looked quite pregnant...a Keith product? smiling smiley

Very much a Keith "product" - she's eight months along with Marlon there.

Date: July 20, 2014 11:49

Jayme, has Anita ever contacted you? I remember on the old site a long time ago, there were some posts from Marlon about her views. But that was a long time ago.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 20, 2014 15:01

Bliss
Jayme, has Anita ever contacted you? I remember on the old site a long time ago, there were some posts from Marlon about her views. But that was a long time ago.

No, she never contacted me. But Marlon and I are still in contact after all these years.

Date: July 21, 2014 13:51

Aquamarine
Dammit, every time this thread gets updated I think the mystery is solved! grinning smiley I don't know why I care, really, it's just that the guy looks vaguely familiar and it's irritating.

Yes! I hoped for a solution but once again nothing...We must solve this.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2014 05:38

My guess from the eyes of the subjects in the photo is that he was the coke dealer....that might explain his off/below the radar mistique and possible disappearance. eye popping smiley

I guess the two pictures of him were taken aound the same time (July 1969) based on Marlon's birthday (8/10/69) and the Hyde Park show date (7/5/69).

Marianne Faithful might be the one who can actually answer the question, she seems to remember 1969 better than most.

peace

Date: July 23, 2014 10:24

Where you been, Naturalust? Long time, no see.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 6, 2014 07:44

Bliss
Where you been, Naturalust? Long time, no see.

Been lurking about, albeit infrequently. Don't post much these days but still love IORR and the Stones as much as ever. Be well Bliss....peace

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: August 12, 2014 11:13

What about Tony Sanchez?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home