Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18
Re: Anita's friend?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 25, 2015 05:26

swiss
His Majesty
1969 - 1971... Maybe some aging or heroin addiction took some fat out of his face?

Where does the upper right b/w photo come from?

In the past 10 pp. it's been discussed at some length the possibility of the actor in the Anger films being Mystery Guy. It was rejected.

Do you know where, specifically, within the 53-minute documentary you posted, is the guy you think is Anita's friend? I started watching, and I just can't get through it.

- swiss

The top right is from hyde park. He is clearly in Invoction of my Demon Brother. Why that was rejected I do not know. The colour pics are from Invocation.

The bottom right is credited as Leslie(no surname), but I don't think it's the hyde park guy after all.

This is Leslie Huggins in Lucifer Rising. Clearly NOT hyde park fella. You can see him wearing the anita/brian clothing from 45 minutes in to the documentary I posted.

[www.thethird-eye.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 05:59 by His Majesty.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 25, 2015 05:46

Naturalust
Seems to me we already visited the Kenneth Anger Licifer Rising connection here and concluded it was unlikely any of the actors.

Is this Marianne's son Nicholas? Perhaps he may know who our mystery man is? Not that he would remember from Hyde Park but maybe the guy kept in touch with the family....just throwing darts here.

I spoke to Nicholas Dunbar and he said we all desperately need to get a life.

Date: August 25, 2015 05:47

grinning smiley

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 25, 2015 06:02

swiss

Where does the upper right b/w photo come from?

In the past 10 pp. it's been discussed at some length the possibility of the actor in the Anger films being Mystery Guy. It was rejected.

Do you know where, specifically, within the 53-minute documentary you posted, is the guy you think is Anita's friend? I started watching, and I just can't get through it.

- swiss

Hi Swiss (nice to see you again in these parts!),

Just watched it, its about at the 24 minute mark : [www.youtube.com]

<EDIT> This is Chris Jagger (thanks HM)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-26 16:22 by 2000 LYFH.

Date: August 25, 2015 07:12

That's Chris Jagger...

... swiss meant the documentary I posted.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 25, 2015 08:00

His Maj, it could be him in Invocation. It probably is, but it's very hard to tell.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Marianne, Keith, Mick, Anita are shown very briefly 10:17-10:24.

Date: August 25, 2015 13:08

I don't think it is hard to tell, they look the same, we see the guys face and him moving about. Same features, hair etc.

It's been pointed out that Van Leuven is hard to find information on, so maybe that's this person. Would fit the "acolyte" role perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 13:11 by His Majesty.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 25, 2015 14:59

Has anyone tried contacting Kenneth Anger through his official site?

Date: August 25, 2015 22:32

His Majesty
I don't think it is hard to tell, they look the same, we see the guys face and him moving about. Same features, hair etc.

It's been pointed out that Van Leuven is hard to find information on, so maybe that's this person. Would fit the "acolyte" role perhaps?

HM, Where do you see him moving around?

Date: August 25, 2015 22:37

vudicus

Brief back and forth with his right-hand man, who said there were so many people involved with that movie, it's hard to tell. He said he could ask Marianne or Anita. I told him I thought someone had already checked with Marianne, but maybe not - and it would be interesting to know if he finds out, or if KA remembers.

I'll ask specifically whether Mystery Guy might be Van Leuven.

- swiss

Date: August 25, 2015 22:44

swiss
vudicus

Brief back and forth with his right-hand man, who said there were so many people involved with that movie, it's hard to tell. He said he could ask Marianne or Anita. I told him I thought someone had already checked with Marianne, but maybe not - and it would be interesting to know if he finds out, or if KA remembers.

- swiss

That would be cool.
Also interesting to know not only who he is, but where is he now?
He may have some interesting stories to tell.

Date: August 25, 2015 22:49

vudicus
swiss
vudicus

- swiss

That would be cool.
Also interesting to know not only who he is, but where is he now?
He may have some interesting stories to tell.

Yes, let's see what I hear back. If he's still alive he could have some interesting tales to tell, but the 2 people in it who I've spoken to have only hazy memories, just saying it was a crazy long night (the San Francisco 1966 portion, at least). I asked the right-hand man whether it's possible Mystery Man in the photos might be Van Leuven, or Haydn Couts?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:04

swiss
vudicus

- swiss

I think someone said they contacted Marlon who said he contacted Anita and neither of them knew. I don't think anyone has contacted Marianne although it has been suggested a couple times.

In that Invocation clip above, I've seen a couple places where this mystery man might be in the film but it's obviously difficult to be sure, lots of effects and not real clear shots. Specifically at around 04:57 and 07:32. There is another actor who closely resembles him but has glasses too so it makes the effort even more difficult, watching that film at all is difficult enough, imo. Yikes.

Date: August 25, 2015 23:14

Naturalust
swiss
vudicus

- swiss

I think someone said they contacted Marlon who said he contacted Anita and neither of them knew. I don't think anyone has contacted Marianne although it has been suggested a couple times.

In that Invocation clip above, I've seen a couple places where this mystery man might be in the film but it's obviously difficult to be sure, lots of effects and not real clear shots. Specifically at around 04:57 and 07:32. There is another actor who closely resembles him but has glasses too so it makes the effort even more difficult, watching that film at all is difficult enough, imo. Yikes.

In both those instances it's Bobby Beausoleil.
There's a version of the film on youtube with commentary from Kenneth Anger and he states on both occasions that it's Bobby.
Sadly, he doesn't mention the Van Leuven at any point during the commentary.

Date: August 25, 2015 23:19

Just in from Kenneth Anger's right-hand-man:

"its not haydn couts - this photo is from july 5, 1969 - hayden couts, leslie huggins, etc came along after kenneth shot in egypt in 1970

van leuven was from the san francisco shoot which preceded kenneth's trip to london around October 68"

So, no dice on either of those guesses.

- swiss

Date: August 25, 2015 23:24

swiss

"its not haydn couts - this photo is from july 5, 1969 - hayden couts, leslie huggins, etc came along after kenneth shot in egypt in 1970

van leuven was from the san francisco shoot which preceded kenneth's trip to london around October 68"

- swiss

Good work, Swiss. Much appreciated.

So at least we now know who it isn't.
There's every possibility that he's nothing to do with Kenneth Anger at all.
Maybe he's not the guy sat near Anger in the hyde park pic.

It looks like our last hope is if someone could ask Marianne.

Date: August 25, 2015 23:30

vudicus
swiss

- swiss

Good work, Swiss. Much appreciated.

So at least we now know who it isn't.
There's every possibility that he's nothing to do with Kenneth Anger at all.
Maybe he's not the guy sat near Anger in the hyde park pic.

It looks like our last hope is if someone could ask Marianne.

vidi, yes...agreed.

Someone else might, but I wouldn't want to contact Marianne about this. Too trivial. It's a fun silly vexing puzzle for us, but I'd think--unless someone were already in discussion with her about something interesting to her, and slipped in an "oh by the way, this is totally random, but do you have any recollection of who this handsome dude might have been?"--it would be an intrusion and waste of Marianne's time.

So back to Square Uno.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:36

I actually sent Marianne a message via her Twitter account a long time ago, but had no reply.. confused smiley

Date: August 26, 2015 00:32

I really like the idea that "Every picture tells a story, don't it?"

But this exercise is making me reflect on the fact that no, not necessarily. At least not in the instance of our Mystery Man. He may have been someone in the VIP area for whatever reason, through some affiliation with someone there, in a band, the media, whatever...had a brief bit of fun at Hyde Park with this crew, and that was that. He is so striking looking it would appear that he had some role in the goings-on, but maybe not. Maybe a friend of a friend visiting from Italy for the summer...I am almost at the point of saying "It's god's own private mystery" winking smiley

- swiss

Date: August 26, 2015 01:01

He is in Invocation of my Demon Brother and just because he was present at pre October 68 filming doesn't mean he wasn't with Anger in 1969. winking smiley

Date: August 26, 2015 01:52

The mystery Hyde Park fella in Invocation Of My Demon Brother. His name being Van Leuven seems likley.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 26, 2015 13:50

Thats not him though...

Date: August 26, 2015 14:19

It is.

Date: August 26, 2015 14:24

Michael Jackson down right below? grinning smiley

Date: August 26, 2015 14:32

vudicus

There's a version of the film on youtube with commentary from Kenneth Anger and he states on both occasions that it's Bobby.

Bobby is not the guy shown at the times Naturalust pointed out. He is the fella in my screen grabs.

Date: August 26, 2015 15:25

His Majesty
vudicus

Bobby is not the guy shown at the times Naturalust pointed out. He is the fella in my screen grabs.

My mistake,
I watched a version and at those points (4.57 and 7.32) and it was the clips of Bobby. I guess the speed/timing must have been off a little.

Just in case anyone is interested, here is the version with Commentary.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-26 15:26 by vudicus.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 26, 2015 16:18

gypsy18
mighty stork
Has anyone asked the ladies who are pictured???
When Marlon showed his mum my high-res scanned photos - bc I have a set of six backstage and six onstage - she couldn't remember.

Have these 6 backstage pictures been posted? Anyone ever see them? Are the 6 onstage pictures the ones we see in this thread?

Date: August 26, 2015 16:44

2000 LYFH
gypsy18
mighty stork
Has anyone asked the ladies who are pictured???
When Marlon showed his mum my high-res scanned photos - bc I have a set of six backstage and six onstage - she couldn't remember.

Have these 6 backstage pictures been posted? Anyone ever see them? Are the 6 onstage pictures the ones we see in this thread?

Click the facebook link in early posts. Thing is, the "backstage" pic(s) are not backstage at Hyde Park, that consisted of a couple of caravans. grinning smiley

Maybe it's at an earlier rehearsal elsewhere or in relation to something else altogether.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-26 16:51 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 26, 2015 16:51

His Majesty
It is.
but it doesnt look like him , the nose job being the most obvious.

Date: August 26, 2015 16:54

Redhotcarpet
His Majesty
It is.
but it doesnt look like him , the nose job being the most obvious.

It does look like him. Nose job? Lol, it's just him at different angle.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home