Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: OT: Chuck Berry European Tour 2014
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 6, 2014 00:12

You can say what you want but he can't play anymore
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 6, 2014 00:18

Greetings to you and your Dad, Chuck Jnr.

Great to hear from you again and hope you,Dad and all your family are keeping well. smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 6, 2014 00:31

Bastion
stonesrule
As for the negative comments here about Chuck today,in the next generation there's bound to be even worse comments about Keith. "Why didn't he just give it up...Man he sounded terrible."

Are you seriously comparing Keith's current playing to Chuck's current 'playing'?[/quote

He has obviously not seen Chuck play lately.

It's so bad the audience at past shows laughing at him, youtube is full of horrible clips. And why do family and managers let this madness continue? Chuck Berry should not be on a stage in this extremly poor condition. He is 88 this year and should be home resting, not make a complete fool of himself when he can't play at all anymore.

I for sure hope that we never will see Keith in such poor shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 00:35 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 6, 2014 01:03

JumpinJeppeFlash
Bastion
stonesrule
As for the negative comments here about Chuck today,in the next generation there's bound to be even worse comments about Keith. "Why didn't he just give it up...Man he sounded terrible."

Are you seriously comparing Keith's current playing to Chuck's current 'playing'?[/quote

He has obviously not seen Chuck play lately.

It's so bad the audience at past shows laughing at him, youtube is full of horrible clips. And why do family and managers let this madness continue? Chuck Berry should not be on a stage in this extremly poor condition. He is 88 this year and should be home resting, not make a complete fool of himself when he can't play at all anymore.

I for sure hope that we never will see Keith in such poor shape.

JumpinJeppFlash, when you can TELL your parents what to do let me know.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 6, 2014 01:17

Yeah, especially when your dad is someone like Chuck who pulled Keith's chain like I doubt anyone else ever dared to ;-) Anyway, hats off for doing your best to support his yearning to keep going back on stage .

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 6, 2014 01:52

For what's it worth, there time you know when its time to bow out.

Fair play if they keep on going.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2014 02:01

letitloose
he can do what he pleases. And you can part with your money or not. There is something heroic about riding the horse till it throws you. I don't think it diminishes his legacy.

Agreed. There is no retirement. You go until the wheels fall off. Look at Leslie West. Plays sitting in a chair with one leg gone, and yes, there is something heroic about that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 02:27 by tatters.

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: April 6, 2014 02:08

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 02:13 by WolfgangG.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 6, 2014 04:12

If in fact he can still do it why not? Reportedly however he makes alot of mistakes these days and plays really really slow. Would hate to see him diminished like this and doubt I'd make the show.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2014 05:39

Two shows. Shortest tour ever. smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 6, 2014 05:54

WolfgangG

Exactly !! What better reason than this for saying goodbye and leaving the stage ..... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 6, 2014 06:05

That's just a youtube clip. If you weren't there you have no idea what it sounded like. Isn't that what you guys always say when someone criticises recent youtube clips of the Stones?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 6, 2014 06:15

I think it is pathetic anyone would bad mouth one of the greatest musicians ever.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: April 6, 2014 06:35

Chris Fountain
I think it is pathetic anyone would bad mouth one of the greatest musicians ever.

I agree without him who knows what would have happened.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 6, 2014 07:10

CBII very gracefully expressed his point of view in this thread.

And since many of you have been pleased to have Chuck Berry's son as a fellow IORR poster through the last years it seems damned rude to go on beating away at his father.

If MR. Berry wants to play two concerts, no one is forcing any of us to attend.

Date: April 6, 2014 09:20

Chris Fountain

He is, and that's why he should retire, it has nothing to do with bad mouth, look at the clips. He can't play any longer, why do people deny the obvious?

Date: April 6, 2014 09:43

tatters
That's just a youtube clip. If you weren't there you have no idea what it sounded like. Isn't that what you guys always say when someone criticises recent youtube clips of the Stones?

Maybe you should take a tour at youtube and look at other clips from recent shows, you will find many clips like this:

And it's not just a youtube clip, it's the sad truth about one of the greatest musicians ever and what i think is pathetic is that people around CB try to make money out of this crap, that's really pathetic and sad.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 6, 2014 09:54

JumpinJeppeFlash
bout one of the greatest musicians ever and what i think is pathetic is that people around CB try to make money out of this crap, that's really pathetic and sad.

reminds me of Keith somehow, i.e. not being able to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Hitting some riffs and let the rest of the band do most of the stuff/work etc.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 6, 2014 10:18

Koen
Two shows. Shortest tour ever. smoking smiley

No. Jerry Lee flew to Europe the last year to do a one date tour - to play a gig at some festival in the north of Norway.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: April 6, 2014 11:52

Okay, Chuck can´t play guitar anymore - right. But as long as he and the fans have fun and he is in a good physically condition, he should keep playing - I don´t think that I´m going to Chuck Berry gigs again, but there are many fans who like Chuck as he is today - no matter whether he can play his guitar or not.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 6, 2014 12:24

JumpinJeppeFlash
It's not just a youtube clip, it's the sad truth about one of the greatest musicians ever and what i think is pathetic is that people around CB try to make money out of this crap, that's really pathetic and sad.

Agree with this 100%. If Chuck Berry wants to play a bit of guitar for his own enjoyment in his old age, that's okay. What is not okay is that he and/or his management charge admission for this. Remember that most of the people who go to his shows will know him mostly by reputation, and thus pay up thinking they're getting a vintage Chuck Berry show.

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: April 6, 2014 13:07

JumpinJeppeFlash
tatters

Maybe you should take a tour at youtube and look at other clips from recent shows, you will find many clips like this:

And it's not just a youtube clip, it's the sad truth about one of the greatest musicians ever and what i think is pathetic is that people around CB try to make money out of this crap, that's really pathetic and sad.

You frequently pull out clips of shows that he performed last year when he was ill (down with the flu) to stress your thesis. He certainly can still play better than that!

And how come you accuse people around him making money when in fact none of the shows would have taken place without his consent. It is not about greedy people around him squeezing him out like a lemon. It is his choice to perform and he (and some people in the audience) apparantly enjoy the shows. He is far from being an innocent, helpless boy!!

Date: April 6, 2014 13:57

WolfgangG
JumpinJeppeFlash
tatters

You frequently pull out clips of shows that he performed last year when he was ill (down with the flu) to stress your thesis. He certainly can still play better than that!

And how come you accuse people around him making money when in fact none of the shows would have taken place without his consent. It is not about greedy people around him squeezing him out like a lemon. It is his choice to perform and he (and some people in the audience) apparantly enjoy the shows. He is far from being an innocent, helpless boy!!

No, you can say whatever you want, it´s your problem if you can´t hear the obvious. You might not have enough music ears to hear that he is out of key and having big problems even playing simple chords.

Date: April 6, 2014 16:51

Stoneburst
JumpinJeppeFlash
It's not just a youtube clip, it's the sad truth about one of the greatest musicians ever and what i think is pathetic is that people around CB try to make money out of this crap, that's really pathetic and sad.

Agree with this 100%. If Chuck Berry wants to play a bit of guitar for his own enjoyment in his old age, that's okay. What is not okay is that he and/or his management charge admission for this. Remember that most of the people who go to his shows will know him mostly by reputation, and thus pay up thinking they're getting a vintage Chuck Berry show.

Even the most clueless, out-of-touch people going to a Chuck Berry show have got to know that the man is 87 years old and that the reputation they know him by is based on what he did nearly 60 years ago. They'd have to be complete idiots to think he'd be duck walking all over the stage and playing his guitar just like ringing a bell.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2014 18:38

Are there any recent youtube clips of Chuck playing better than the horrible clips that have been posted above?
Please post if there are...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 6, 2014 20:02

tatters
Stoneburst
JumpinJeppeFlash

Even the most clueless, out-of-touch people going to a Chuck Berry show have got to know that the man is 87 years old and that the reputation they know him by is based on what he did nearly 60 years ago. They'd have to be complete idiots to think he'd be duck walking all over the stage and playing his guitar just like ringing a bell.

What about respect for this Great Musician with a Great Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 10:30 by runaway.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 6, 2014 20:27

Stoneburst
JumpinJeppeFlash

All the recent clips of live performances have one glaring attribute that kinda puts into question your stance. Typically, when people don't enjoy themselves they make it known. The applause far outweighs the boo's and hisses in every clip on YouTube and other outlets. One would expect the exact opposite would be the case if someone paid their hard earned money and was not satisfied.

CBII

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 6, 2014 20:34

I booked flights and hotels for the gigs he was supposed to come here (Paris and in the South of France). Obviously I won't do that anymore as it was cancelled, but I'll buy a tickets if he'd come to Brussels or some town near my home...

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: April 7, 2014 18:12

I've bought tickets for Chuck's gigs 4 times ... 3 of these gigs have been cancelled no more than half an hour before the show! the only time - more than 10 yrs ago - I've attended his gig, he and the band were really disappointing.
ciao
m.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 7, 2014 18:25

Stones are better than ever.

Chuck is a total embarrassment.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home