Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Influence of IORR?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:29

It seems that many items discussed on here (our wish lists) have been granted by the band:

Brussles
The Exile and Some Girls outtakes
Sway
Mick Taylor
etc.

Maybe we do have some input after all.

Next:

Lower ticket prices
No YGMR
MJ and KR singing in same mic
Continued variety in setlists

Re: Influence of IORR?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:38

Would be great to get 2 rarities/gigs in Europe

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:48

>>Lower ticket prices

Don't hold your breath for that one.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:58

Doubtful that we have any influence whatsoever. All that stuff happened based on logic and time. We've been begging for more Taylor for over a year now and only bumped him up to 2 songs (and an extra guitar that may as well not be plugged in on Satisfaction).

Date: April 4, 2014 15:59

We just got the lucky dip tickets...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 4, 2014 16:02

Bliss
>>Lower ticket prices

Don't hold your breath for that one.

As someone who proudly admits to being a bit of a broken record on this subject, theyve actually gone in the right direction on this Euro leg. In some cases, they've been quite reasonable indeed.

(The VIP/hotseat nonsense is a sick, un-rock'n'roll joke though - but at least its not the only way you can get near the front without selling your children into slavery)

Date: April 4, 2014 16:04

<but at least its not the only way you can get near the front without selling your children into slavery>

LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:36

No.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:41

Since I get to see the Stones for a mere 130€ (That's for a show that is entirely general admission, and including the service charge), I'm just a happy camper.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:51

JumpingKentFlash
Since I get to see the Stones for a mere 130€ (That's for a show that is entirely general admission, and including the service charge), I'm just a happy camper.

A happy camper huh ? Wonder if the other 79,999 people in attendance will be just as happy as you, or will they be wondering whether or not they oughtn't have been in the Paris pelouse VIP pit for €111.50, or in the Berlin standing pit for €224 - both of which are far better alternatives to being in a bloody great field containing 80,000 people and getting charged €130 for the privilege of mostly being about 5 miles from the action !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 4, 2014 18:08

There are several people watching IORR and some of them are posting on the forum.
Something like the ticket prices is an issue that surely has been discussed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 4, 2014 18:16

DandelionPowderman
<but at least its not the only way you can get near the front without selling your children into slavery>

LOL! grinning smiley

Whats worse is that I dont even HAVE kids. On the last tour I actually adopted some so that I COULD sell them into slavery so I could afford good tickets. :-)

It was less hassle than waiting for a ticket drop or dealing with rs.com presales.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 4, 2014 18:23

Gazza
DandelionPowderman

LOL! grinning smiley

Whats worse is that I dont even HAVE kids. On the last tour I actually adopted some so that I COULD sell them into slavery so I could afford good tickets. :-)

It was less hassle than waiting for a ticket drop or dealing with rs.com presales.

Gazza, you can borrow my teen for a while. Just make sure you have plenty of food. Actually, it might cost you more to feed him than the ticket price. grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2014 18:30

I'd like "more cowbell"....anybody with me on this?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 4, 2014 19:05

Probably happy coincidences. I utterly trashed here Jeff Beck playing with the Stones, and that was the last we saw of Jeff Beck. For half a second I thought maybe it was my comment. But the feeling soon left. smiling smiley

I remember on the Fan Club message board at the Stones' website a while back some quite opinionated poster really believed that Mick and Ronnie were poring over his every complaint. Yeah, right.

Weren't a couple comments here last year quoted in part in a Rolling Stone Magazine article, though? So I guess some rock journalists take a peek here, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 19:13 by Title5Take1.

Date: April 4, 2014 19:11

Gazza
DandelionPowderman

LOL! grinning smiley

LOLTAL!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2014 19:20

Elmo Lewis
It seems that many items discussed on here (our wish lists) have been granted by the band:

Brussles
Sway
Mick Taylor
etc.

You forgot the "bring a choir for YCAGWYW" someone here suggested... The band listened! thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 4, 2014 19:20

<<So I guess some rock journalists take a peek here>>

Take a peek? This is where they cull their stories from!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 4, 2014 21:14

Elmo Lewis

Brussles
Sway
Mick Taylor
etc.

Next:

Lower ticket prices
No YGMR
MJ and KR singing in same mic
Continued variety in setlists

Or you could just conclude that what is discussed here reflects generally what fans want, that it is not necessary to read a web site where 100 people post in order to come to the conclusions that fans want these things. I once heard of a farmer who was convinced that his rooster caused the sun to rise every day.

Also curious that anyone would care what mics are used. They can afford one for each. Why would fans want them to share a mic? Wasn't this one of the rock star cliches that Zappa used to ridicule?

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: April 4, 2014 23:38

Lower ticket prices?

I just watched on the TV an ad about tickets for Lisbon, 70€. Apparently still available.

So many people spending thousands of € for tickets and flights and hotels, and a 70€ concert still to sell out. OK, it's not an arena show, but anyway, I don't get it how folks think here.

(and those US concerts were the biggest rip-off in the history of live music).

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 4, 2014 23:56

Rokyfan

Also curious that anyone would care what mics are used. They can afford one for each.

Yes, but if they economize on mics, they can afford lower ticket prices.

In another universe far away.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:17

Elmo Lewis
(...)
No YGMR

I'm ready to sign a petition

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:27

The Rolling Stones and their management do read IORR every day. Why? Because it is the largest independent Rolling Stones web site in the world. Easy access to what is going on. Two million fans. That is why they played Sway. And they would have to pay a million to get the same info from marketing reseach companies, who don't really have a clue about what millions of Stones fans have on their mind. Except when they buy tickets for shows. Buy buy buy...

Bjornulf

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:33

bv
The Rolling Stones and their management do read IORR every day. Why? Because it is the largest independent Rolling Stones web site in the world. Easy access to what is going on. Two million fans. That is why they played Sway. And they would have to pay a million to get the same info from marketing reseach companies, who don't really have a clue about what millions of Stones fans have on their mind. Except when they buy tickets for shows. Buy buy buy...

That's nice and good to read.

Come back to sunny Brum, Mick.thumbs updrinking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:55

Hairball
I'd like "more cowbell"....anybody with me on this?

You can never have enough cowbell.

Date: April 5, 2014 01:33

I mean, how else would anyone know that Sway is one of the best motherf****g songs on one of the greatest albums by the greatest rock and roll band ever if they didn't read it on IORR. It's not like I or loads of other people I know had that figured out on our own.

No disrespect, I certainly agree that IORR has been the gold standard for Rolling Stones web sites for a long time and I am sure that the Stones have people that monitor the web -- Factory Girl in Jersey in 97 is proof of that -- but nobody needed to read on a web site that Sway would be a good idea live (or that official Brussels, Some Girls and Exile outtakes, etc. were things the fans wanted).

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 5, 2014 02:25

How WOULD they know it's a fan favorite if said fans didn't post somewhere saying so, though? The band might think all sorts of songs are great but be unable to gauge how popular they'd be with audiences.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 5, 2014 02:53

Influence of iorr=zero

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2014 03:31

Rokyfan
I mean, how else would anyone know that Sway is one of the best motherf****g songs on one of the greatest albums by the greatest rock and roll band ever if they didn't read it on IORR. It's not like I or loads of other people I know had that figured out on our own.

No disrespect, I certainly agree that IORR has been the gold standard for Rolling Stones web sites for a long time and I am sure that the Stones have people that monitor the web -- Factory Girl in Jersey in 97 is proof of that -- but nobody needed to read on a web site that Sway would be a good idea live (or that official Brussels, Some Girls and Exile outtakes, etc. were things the fans wanted).

I don't understand why it's so incomprehensible that stones representatives and even band members might drop in occasionally to take the temperature of what is going on. Why wouldn't they, it would stupid not to.

They can do it easily and it's free. If I was one of the band members, probably Charlie, I'd even sign up and wreak all kinds of havoc.

Date: April 5, 2014 03:35

treaclefingers
Rokyfan

I don't understand why it's so incomprehensible that stones representatives and even band members might drop in occasionally to take the temperature of what is going on. Why wouldn't they, it would stupid not to.

They can do it easily and it's free. If I was one of the band members, probably Charlie, I'd even sign up and wreak all kinds of havoc.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2091
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home