Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Influence of IORR?
Date: April 7, 2014 12:24

stonehearted
Hi Aqua,

I understood your point perfectly and am in complete agreement. I, too, was responding to Kleerie's points, but decided not to quote the post directly.

I think kleerie is understanding this perfectly well.

However, he has my full sympathy, because it IS a bitter pill to swallow that one of your favourite songs and your favourite guitar player isn't getting the deservedly amount of recognition.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 9, 2014 23:52

Redhotcarpet
Is this why some posters belittle others who are critical or cynical? Because they hope a Rolling Stone might take notice?

Of course. And they hope their loyalty and devotion will be rewarded with a personal letter containing an array of front row tickets, airfares, vouchers for hotel rooms, and an invitation to Mustique or Turks and Caicos for the holidays.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2014 00:05

Bliss
Redhotcarpet
Is this why some posters belittle others who are critical or cynical? Because they hope a Rolling Stone might take notice?

Of course. And they hope their loyalty and devotion will be rewarded with a personal letter containing an array of front row tickets, airfares, vouchers for hotel rooms, and an invitation to Mustique or Turks and Caicos for the holidays.
That happened to me, when I arrived they handed me a brush and pointed to the toilets.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2014 00:14

...... I lied

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:23

kleermaker
Total nonsense. Of course many people know Sway and Mick Taylor. Have a look at YT. When I uploaded the Glastonbury Knocking it had more than 100.000 views in no time and many, many comments until it was blocked worldwide very soon. Have a look at the Sway and Knocking videos from LA. Then you'll see the same.

Some people here seem to think 'we' are the only ones who know something about the Stones and that outside Iorr Mick Taylor and many Stones songs are fully unknown. Utterly nonsense. And if the Stones or their hired hands really read here and if Iorr had real influence on their decisions than we had at least seen more Mick Taylor. But instead we got less. The hubris here is sometimes beyond ridiculous. There is not a snippet of proof that Iorr has influence on the Stones. It's wishful thinking.

This. I find it unbelievable that the Stones could have such a low opinion of their audience's interest level that the only way they could pluck up the courage to play something other than the usual warhorses is to spend weeks reading a fan forum, convincing themselves that people do actually know how Sway goes. Seriously? That's the world's greatest rock and roll band that people here want to believe in?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:41

<<when I arrived they handed me a brush and pointed to the toilets.>>

You were lucky. When I arrived I was likewise pointed to the toilets--but told that I wouldn't be given a brush until after five years.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:53

Rockman
...... I lied

About the brush ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:58

....yeah Rolling....the brush ... it was actually a roller !!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 10:40

Deathgod
If anyone from stones inc is reading this : Memory Motel at Rod Laver please!
Dont worry, I will remind you as Oct.Nov gets closer.

And please make sure the stage used in Adelaide is low enough so that front rowers (block SA1 row A) can see the whole bloody band/stage. I don't want to have paid an arm and a leg to see just Keith's head! And my wife, a 4'10" giant, would not even see that if the stage used is the same height as in the pics I saw of Abu Dhabi's stage. So IF you are reading this, please take note.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:58

None.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 11, 2014 17:14

Glammy
None.

you're cool

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 12, 2014 09:42

Hope life is still wonderful!

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: April 12, 2014 12:44

If one of the guys came on here openly chatting (probably mick) it would unfortunately change the persona of the posts and place. People wouldn't be as forthcoming or open with views and criticism. That would be bad.
Its good as it is and to know "they" are watching is good enough...
And mick, pm me and ill send you my address for vip tickets lol.
Just not for next month pls as im off to see the counterfeit stones in Wolverhampton and theyre better winking smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 12, 2014 16:36

stonehearted
<<when I arrived they handed me a brush and pointed to the toilets.>>

You were lucky. When I arrived I was likewise pointed to the toilets--but told that I wouldn't be given a brush until after five years.
I will confess, my first Stones experience involved the toilet. At my very first studio job Keith was producing John Philips. When the project finished I was directed to the small bathroom near the control room and told to repaint it. To my horror there was blood spattered from the walls to the ceiling in the stall area. I got a roller and painted the room but left the small stain in the ceiling as a feature. I'd go up there with dates and point out Keith's overhead art...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 12, 2014 19:55

Sir Michael is more into social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and such. I can't think of any other Stone keeping up with fansites on the net. Maybe Ronnie or Chuck? The fact that they have kept
the setlist relatively intact despite massive complaints here speaks against the notion. Perhaps some hired west coast under assistant promo men look in here from time to time. But who listens to them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-12 20:09 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 12, 2014 20:14

There was an interview in the last year where Mick stated that after concerts, he read the fan sites to learn fans' reactions to the performance and the setlist.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 13, 2014 01:06

IORR has a good influence on me. Before I joined IORR, I was a small Stones fan, but because of comunicating with the nice people on this great forum, I'm a bigger fan now!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2014 04:29

Ladykiller
IORR has a good influence on me. Before I joined IORR, I was a small Stones fan, but because of comunicating with the nice people on this great forum, I'm a bigger fan now!

YES! But how's it going with the ladies now?

Date: April 21, 2014 22:55

Bliss
>>Lower ticket prices

Don't hold your breath for that one.
thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 21, 2014 23:17

Ladykiller

Me too but that's because I tend to eat while on the computer.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home