Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 43
Re: BERLIN Germany 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 23, 2014 17:41

While you all sorting out where and when to go I just want to remember
All of the owners of a 10th June-Ticket:
"Waldbühne" is by far one of the greatest outdoor locations worldwide to see the Stones.
May be Hollywood Bowl & Greek Theatre in L.A. are in this region.
But even they can´t compare with the mixture of mightyness & intimity of the "Waldbühne".
So looooooooook forward to it:

[www.tour-blog.de]

Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: April 25, 2014 02:59

i tried to get a ticket with no luck. The last time i saw the Stones was in Detroit in '78. If anyone needs to get rid of a ticket for the Berlin show let me know? I've been living here 21 years.

rock on,
BerlinJive

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 25, 2014 10:45

Been looking at several Waldbühne pictures. I wonder how they are going to keep the pit-area separated from the stands. All pictures look like you can step right into the pit.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 25, 2014 15:42

Rolling Hansie
Been looking at several Waldbühne pictures. I wonder how they are going to keep the pit-area separated from the stands. All pictures look like you can step right into the pit.

Barrier ? Wristband ? Security check ? Ain't exactly going to be difficult !! If they can do it elsewhere, they can do it here ........... what's the difference between this venue and a million and one others ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2014 15:55

Rolling Hansie

Maybe small fences like in Singapore?

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 25, 2014 16:02

Looking at Eventim most concerts are general admission with one ticket price for all the sections. No need for section separation in that case and probably most photos show that situation. Stones concert is different so they will come up with an idea how to do it properly...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 25, 2014 16:05

Yes, the same fence as is normaly used between FOS and GA would do it. And I think it will.

But I also googled some photos and there never seems to be one. Here is a photo from a Kiss concert, or rather shortly after the gates were opened:

[www.flickr.com]

On all photos the standing place looks really crowded. I hope they have the organisation figured out.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 25, 2014 17:55

Adams
Looking at Eventim most concerts are general admission with one ticket price for all the sections. No need for section separation in that case and probably most photos show that situation. Stones concert is different so they will come up with an idea how to do it properly...

This is not true. Most of the concerts at Waldbühne have different sections.
Prince, The Muse, Neil Young, the Stones back in 1998, and many many more.
There are no fences!
But a lot of security-people very well used to that venue are stationed between A,B,C,F etc.
For the pit: You have to step down stairs to reach it. At those stairs there is security in a large amount.
But everything is peaceful and calm.
Berlin is used to their beloved Waldbühne.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 25, 2014 18:08

Yes, it is not the first concert there, so they surely know how to do it. At photos one can quite clearly see the security guys at the stairs. But it looks like there is something like 0,5 m high stone wall or something between the lowest circle and the standing. So people from the front of those sectors can just step over this very low wall, right?

But it is true that those people in the lowest section of those sectors are still very close and yet a bit lifted above the ground level, so they have an excellent view and have no reason to step over the wall. People from those lowest sectors who come later and will be further back would have to push through those people in the front, which is not very likely. And people from those further sectors won't be able to roam around the stairs to get into those blocks anyway. That is how I imagine it works.

Date: April 25, 2014 18:41

Well alright, I looked at recent concerts like Peter Gabriel and something else too and there was only one price. Anyway if security does not interfere watching the concert and there are no fights I'm fine with no fences smiling smiley

I'm also wondering as I've never been there. Is standing area really better than seated areas close to the stage like A1 and so on? If you're in the first ten rows of standing than probably they are but I have a feeling that if you're in the back of standing then A1 or A2 might be a much better choice.

caschimann
Adams

This is not true. Most of the concerts at Waldbühne have different sections.
Prince, The Muse, Neil Young, the Stones back in 1998, and many many more.
There are no fences!
But a lot of security-people very well used to that venue are stationed between A,B,C,F etc.
For the pit: You have to step down stairs to reach it. At those stairs there is security in a large amount.
But everything is peaceful and calm.
Berlin is used to their beloved Waldbühne.

Posted by: brianjonestone ()
Date: April 27, 2014 18:07

Hi berlinjive,
maube I could help you with the ticket.
write me privately brianjonestone@gmail.com

keep on rollin'

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 3, 2014 11:19

I didn't see an Aerosmith thread here so I'll just post this here.

There are reports that Slash would open for Aerosmith in Berlin on June 9th.

Can anyone attest to this?

Date: May 3, 2014 11:24

At the moment there's only one support band: Walking Papers. I believe they have Duff McKagan in their line up...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 3, 2014 11:43

Some ticket scalper sites have Slash too. Weird.

Date: May 3, 2014 13:35

Maybe they are mistaking Duff for Slash OR that Slash will join his old band mate on stage...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 5, 2014 19:35

1998 (promotor Schwenkow with a nice idea)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 19:37 by TooTough.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: May 6, 2014 22:55

I guess that view is better from the first few rows compared to standing tickets as stage is quite low in Waldbuhne. Also, the capacity is ~25k so despite a tiny look the standing area is similarly sized as the indoor arena and the stage is surprisingly far.

I've been to 2 gigs there and I love the venue for its sound and overall set-up. View-wise, I would say that stadium gig could be better (from the similar distance on the floor) due to a higher stage.

Adams
Well alright, I looked at recent concerts like Peter Gabriel and something else too and there was only one price. Anyway if security does not interfere watching the concert and there are no fights I'm fine with no fences smiling smiley

I'm also wondering as I've never been there. Is standing area really better than seated areas close to the stage like A1 and so on? If you're in the first ten rows of standing than probably they are but I have a feeling that if you're in the back of standing then A1 or A2 might be a much better choice.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 7, 2014 03:14

How does the seating work there? I am in A1, but there's no seat number.Do people line up all day for a good seat in their section? Is it a crazy rush to get in? How soon should I line up? Thanks!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 7, 2014 10:34

Amy340
How does the seating work there? I am in A1, but there's no seat number.Do people line up all day for a good seat in their section? Is it a crazy rush to get in? How soon should I line up? Thanks!

I'm in A1 too. I was under the assumption that is how it is. Earlier the arrival, the closer you are.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 8, 2014 00:18

Amy340

Well take a seat whereever you want in the section. Waldbühne has no numbered seats. There are no seperated seats. All benches with no backboard. You can lie down on it or take them as stairs ;-).
When you are early with no hurry you ´ll get good seats in every section. Below stage level, stage level or higher.
When you wanna make the frontrow in the standing area that`s another story...

Tom

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 8, 2014 11:38

Is there only one entrance for all sections or a seperate one for standing pit?

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 8, 2014 20:48

MAF
Is there only one entrance for all sections or a seperate one for standing pit?

Never been a special entrance for standing area. There is another smaller entrance from the side (Glockenturmstr). But I don`t know if its used at every concert. And in 30 years I never found out if its quicker or slower to use this entrance..

Tom

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: May 12, 2014 12:52

Maybe this is in an earlier post here, but I´ll just ask instead of reading every page... :-)
Is there a hotel in Berlin were Stonesfans are staying, og gathering in? Like St. Giles in London?
Or, if not, any suggestions for a hotel convenient located for easy access to tube/train/bus to the Waldbühne?

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:05

Any meeting places before or after show???

John Nicholls

Berlin available on eventim.de now
Date: May 14, 2014 14:59

yeah

Re: Berlin available on eventim.de now
Date: May 14, 2014 15:01

250 Euro, I guess these are the seats offered previously in VIP packages

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 14, 2014 15:23

It doesn't say which block, does it?

Date: May 14, 2014 15:27

I already have one so I did not try to buy the one that appeared now.
I guess they should let you know what you're buying when you're paying smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 15:29

ok, I put one into the basket and indeed no info about the section... A bit strange...

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 14, 2014 15:55

it is not the VIP seats. There would have seatnumbers. To may understanding those are sold. At least the ones which you did not buy via ticket agencies but you had to phone up in advance the number given.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home