Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 43
Re: BERLIN Germany 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 7, 2014 21:58

Tons of museums in Berlin. What are your favorites?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 7, 2014 22:45

MingSubu

Tons of museums in Berlin. What are your favorites?

Hmm ... I would say it depends on your interests: more than 175 Museums in Berlin, here a little overview: [www.berlin.de] , a listing in german: [www.berlin.de] .

Another possibility would be the Stones Fan Museum in Lüchow, but it's a little bit hard to reach with public transport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 23:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 7, 2014 23:04

Surely gotta visit the Reichstag?

Date: April 7, 2014 23:31

Bastion

Definitely the Reichstag. 2 of my Germany travel guides have the layout and highlights. It looks amazing.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 7, 2014 23:36

MingSubu
Bastion

Definitely the Reichstag. 2 of my Germany travel guides have the layout and highlights. It looks amazing.

I have a friend who visited Berlin a couple of years ago; she said you have to book the Reichstag in advance?

Gonna have to look into everything this week I think.

Date: April 7, 2014 23:42

My mistake, I was thinking of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. Too many travel guides around here.

The Reichstag, that is the Dome and assembly hall correct? Houses the German Parliment?

Date: April 7, 2014 23:49

Bastion
MingSubu
Bastion

I have a friend who visited Berlin a couple of years ago; she said you have to book the Reichstag in advance?

Gonna have to look into everything this week I think.

According to Fodor's, best way to visit the dome w/o waiting in line is arrive at 8am, or make a reservation for the rooftop Kafer restaurant.

Tours of the interior are only given to groups who have applied in advance by letter or fax.

A guided tour of the Chancellery is possible if you apply in writing several weeks prior.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2014 23:50

Worth a mention for those of you going to Berlin for the Stones gig and who may also be David Bowie fans, that the excellent Bowie exhibition (which was on in London last summer) opens in Berlin on May 20, and runs until August 10.

[www.davidbowie.com]

Date: April 7, 2014 23:51

That sounds cool!

Posted by: sister ()
Date: April 8, 2014 00:10

Gazza
Worth a mention for those of you going to Berlin for the Stones gig and who may also be David Bowie fans, that the excellent Bowie exhibition (which was on in London last summer) opens in Berlin on May 20, and runs until August 10.

[www.davidbowie.com]
and the new exhibition of Aiweiwei is in the same museum Martin Gropiusbau

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 09:00

Bastion

Yeap, there used to be a long queue outside of the Reichstag (sometimes you had to wait many hours), which is not there any more. Instead they put really ugly "temporary" fence around and some site equipment cells as a visitors' centre that make the building look like it is still under construction. Or at least it was still this way the last year. The Reichstag refurbishment is one of the finest examples of modern European architecture. What they did in front of it is one of the ugliest entrances one can imagine.

I visited Reichstag twice, both times I waited in the queue. It is really great, definitely worth visiting. The dome is amazing with great view of the city. The last time I was in Berlin (for Springsteen concert 2 years ago) I wanted to visit it again and I was told I had to make a reservation on the internet to book an exact time. My friend was there the last year, made the reservation and said it worked perfectly.

More here: [www.bundestag.de]

and the registration: [visite.bundestag.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-08 09:02 by Happy24.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 8, 2014 12:20

The Bowie exhibition keeps haunting me! I was in London last year, it was there - didn't go. I was in Toronto last year, it was there, didn't go.

Surely I gotta go now?

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 8, 2014 15:01

Hello everybody
I bought 2 Lucky Tickets. I only need one. So if a guest want to join, let me know.
See U in Berlin

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 8, 2014 15:13

Hi lenurb,
I managed to buy a ticket but I have a friend who needs one, he's a regular on this forum.
Sent him your e-mail
Adam

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: April 9, 2014 14:41

MartinB
MingSubu
TE
MingSubu
Got my ticket. My Dusseldorf ticket was in the same envelope.

I hope they didn't charge you twice for delivery. That would take Ticketmaster up to new heights...

TE
Oslo

Got shipping charges for both.

The same happened to me. I wrote to ticketmaster.de and asked for refund of one postage, and they responded the same day and promised to refund one postage. (Need to be checking if it arrives)

Hi guys! Did you get your refund for being charged twice for delivery of tickets for Berlin and Dusseldorf? I have the same problem... What email adress did you use to complain? I can only find contact form which is in German only.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 9, 2014 15:38

Gazza
[www.davidbowie.com]
Thanks for the heads up, Gazza....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 15:44 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 9, 2014 15:45

pospi
MartinB
MingSubu
TE
MingSubu

I hope they didn't charge you twice for delivery. That would take Ticketmaster up to new heights...

TE
Oslo

The same happened to me. I wrote to ticketmaster.de and asked for refund of one postage, and they responded the same day and promised to refund one postage. (Need to be checking if it arrives)

Hi guys! Did you get your refund for being charged twice for delivery of tickets for Berlin and Dusseldorf? I have the same problem... What email adress did you use to complain? I can only find contact form which is in German only.

I am pleased to report that TM.de did refund one of the two shipping charges to my account. Well done to them. I used their online "contact us" email.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 10, 2014 13:26

I'm desperately looking for one Lucky Dip ticket to Berlin show - making a trip all the way from Warsaw, Poland. If you're willing to sell yours for face value (unfortunately can't pay more but can supply you with some beers before the show as thank you for favour smiling smiley ) please email me at wickerman@interia.pl

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:33

If you stay in Berlin and the weather is fine, you could also spend a day at the beach in Heiligendamm - it is a very nice baltic sea bath...

www.zukunft-heiligendamm.net

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:34

Date: April 10, 2014 16:39

MartinB
pospi
MartinB
MingSubu
TE
MingSubu

TE
Oslo

I am pleased to report that TM.de did refund one of the two shipping charges to my account. Well done to them. I used their online "contact us" email.

Nope, I didn't get a refund.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 12, 2014 13:13

Anyone in need of an Aerosmith ticket on June 9th in Berlin?
Have a spare one (Face value +PP).
Block 219, row 11, seat 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-12 15:57 by Roadster32.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 12, 2014 15:26

yes Roadster32. I'm in need of such ticket, if it's a floor ticket or seating close to the stage I would like that

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 12, 2014 17:17

MingSubu
MartinB
pospi
MartinB
MingSubu
TE
MingSubu

TE
Oslo

Nope, I didn't get a refund.

Thanks for the tip. They responded quickly to my mail.

thank you for your e-mail.

Since your ticket orders were sent in one package, we will of course reimburse you the postage costs from one of your orde rs.

Of course... but they wouldn't have if I didn't ask for it.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: April 12, 2014 22:05

Did you use The communicating tool on the website (The one in German only) or is there any email address that can be used instead?

Date: April 13, 2014 00:13

I just got the shipping knocked off of my Aerosmith ticket.

Keep emailing them.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 13, 2014 00:50

pospi
Did you use The communicating tool on the website (The one in German only) or is there any email address that can be used instead?

I think it was the communication tool

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 13, 2014 03:13

MartinB
pospi

I think it was the communication tool

You think good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-13 15:06 by BowieStone.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: April 13, 2014 16:26

I'm looking for 1 spare ticket for Berlin. If avaiable & interested email me asap with price & waldbuhne block: onlykeef@hotmail.com

Posted by: MaddOli ()
Date: April 15, 2014 13:05

I'm selling 2 x Block F tickets for Waldbuhne.

Asking £470 for both (covering all costs).

e-mail me on oliver.maddrell@live.com

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home