Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The set list for the remainder of the 14 On Fire Tour
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:36

In regard to the recent tragic event, do you think it will have some bearing on the set list for the remainder of the tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 20:40 by 3DTeafoe.

Re: The set list for the remainder of the 14 On Fire Tour
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:39

no

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:41

Well, for the time being there is no tour... so I would say no.

When they come back, its not like I expect them to start playing As Tears Go By every night as a tribute or something.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:42

IORR may have to go...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:46

She's so cold and Under My Thumb won't be played...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:53

Won't be any more tour, (despite the current statements) Mick's heart won't be in it anymore.....my prediction anyway.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:56

EddieByword
Won't be any more tour, (despite the current statements) Mick's heart won't be in it anymore.....my prediction anyway.

But Mike what about the tens of millions at stake? That kind of scratch can cheer a guy up!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:08

EddieByword

Of course there will be! This is the Rolling Stones we're talking about.
Rock N Roll's ultimate survivors.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 20, 2014 21:16

EddieByword

If I had to guess (which is all we are doing because I don't think Mick knows up from down at this point, much less has made decisions regarding the future), I would agree with you; I think Mick's grief and devastation over this is real and at his age it may well be the life changing event that causes him to pack it in.

Date: March 20, 2014 21:58

Munichhilton
EddieByword

But Mike what about the tens of millions at stake? That kind of scratch can cheer a guy up!!

grinning smiley ....always trust Munich to get to the meat of the matter........

Date: March 20, 2014 22:00

Rokyfan
EddieByword

If I had to guess (which is all we are doing because I don't think Mick knows up from down at this point, much less has made decisions regarding the future), I would agree with you; I think Mick's grief and devastation over this is real and at his age it may well be the life changing event that causes him to pack it in.

Seriously, this is what I saw for second

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: March 20, 2014 22:10

Can't do 'Miss You,' 'Sympathy For the Devil,' 'Paint It Black'...and on and on.

I think it's over.

Date: March 20, 2014 22:17

ZantiMisfit
Can't do 'Miss You,' 'Sympathy For the Devil,' 'Paint It Black'...and on and on.

I think it's over.

How come you taste so good?...It's alright now............a Stones show is a party of optimism......I can't see him putting on that much of a brave face and who'd buy it anyway
The only way I could see it working is if the set mellowed out a lot, playing some of the more thoughtful numbers instead of the 'Wham bam thank you mam' stuff we're all used to

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2014 22:24

EddieByword
Rokyfan
EddieByword

Me too...regardless, I think they'll finish this part of the tour, but after that I'm not too sure.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:36

You know, after 9/11 there were serious articles announcing the death of comedy and humor, as we'd all never be able to laugh again. But somehow the world kept turning, most people--even those with family or friends involved in the tragedy--managed to move on, and joy returned to a world that had been changed but not destroyed. As everyone who has experienced it knows, grief is totally exhausting, and at some point it's a relief to let it go, for a while at least.

My prediction, which means as little as everyone else's, is that they'll be playing again, and eventually they'll be performing all those "verboten" songs again.

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:40

I guess Dead Flowers won't be on the setlist either.

Cheers
Mark
[rollingstoned.com.au]
[facebook.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:46

AussieMark
I guess Dead Flowers won't be on the setlist either.

It had to be said...we needed you to say it...good work

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:48

I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer, when I was young. Two years ago my sister to an OD. My sis and I were not on speaking terms. So that twists the knife a little.

Time heals a lot. Pain will always be there, but it gets easier to deal with. So maybe not right when they return, but eventually they'll play their songs.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:47

Who cares about the set list

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 21, 2014 01:03

People counting out The Rolling Stones are going to be WRONG!! AGAIN!!

It seems like just the other year so many many blahers were blah blah blahing about how The Stones would never tour again and how Keith could no longer play, all that drivel about his fingers were too messed up... specualation about his head injury... etc etc and it was all BLAH BLAH BLAH meaningless speculation. KEITH CAME BACK TO PLAY JUST FINE!!! And I never saw/read one person who counted them out come back and say "Sorry, I was wrong, I should not have counted them out"

I wonder, is there anything, AT ALL, which these guys could do to get everyone to give the proper respect the deserve?

SETLIST SCHMETLIST!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 01:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 21, 2014 01:08

<SETLIST SCHMETLIST!!>

thumbs up drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 21, 2014 01:19

DandelionPowderman
<SETLIST SCHMETLIST!!>

thumbs up drinking smiley drinking smiley drinking smiley thumbs up
grinning smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 21, 2014 02:43

I would expect them to do Wild Horses, now more poignant than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 02:43 by tatters.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 21, 2014 02:57

Would it be in poor taste to play Stupid Girl?

Date: March 21, 2014 03:01

some of the dumbest comments since this whole this started are in this thread.... if you really think there gonna scrap any of those songs your out of your mind.... Thats like when radio stations tried to ban playing imagine and rocket man after 9/11....can't do it, the music speaks for itself, it is what it is

they played half those songs after brians death, after Ian's death, after Keiths son and dad....people die ever day...to say that a band is going to stop playing or doing something is beyond absurd..

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 21, 2014 03:02

treaclefingers
EddieByword
Rokyfan
EddieByword

Me too...regardless, I think they'll finish this part of the tour, but after that I'm not too sure.
The Europe shows will be the hardest. If he gets through those I'd reckon any future shows will be much "easier" so to speak. For many people, after a period of private mourning there is a real desire to stay busy.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 21, 2014 04:55

You Got to Roll Me
some of the dumbest comments since this whole this started are in this thread.... if you really think there gonna scrap any of those songs your out of your mind.... Thats like when radio stations tried to ban playing imagine and rocket man after 9/11....can't do it, the music speaks for itself, it is what it is

they played half those songs after brians death, after Ian's death, after Keiths son and dad....people die ever day...to say that a band is going to stop playing or doing something is beyond absurd..
you think you are going to see Mick Jagger sing "suicide right on the stage" again? Really?

Date: March 21, 2014 06:40

I do think they'll perform it... Will they play it opening night in Euro? Who knows? I dont, you don't and they don't....the point of my comment is the uselessness of the comments and people making stuff up

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:52

Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

you think you are going to see Mick Jagger sing "suicide right on the stage" again? Really?

why wouldn't you it's a lyric from a song, do you thnk mick will excise uncomfortable words? you're being ridiculous

Date: March 21, 2014 06:59

big4
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

why wouldn't you it's a lyric from a song, do you thnk mick will excise uncomfortable words? you're being ridiculous

Thank you...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home