Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Statements on L'Wren Scott. etc.
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 24, 2014 00:48

"No one saw this coming," said Richards. "Mick’s always been my soul brother and we love him. We’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man. We really hate to disappoint our fans, but we’ll see everyone really soon."

Wood: "This is such terrible news and right now the important thing is that we are all pulling together to offer Mick our support and help him through this sad time. Without a doubt we intend to be back out on that stage as soon as we can."

"Needless to say we are all completely shocked, but our first thought is to support Mick at this awful time.," added Watts. "We intend to come back to Australia and New Zealand as soon as it proves possible."

Not a word about L'Wren- just Mick Mick Mick Mick Mick - oh and the shows. I have to say here (have been traveling so have not been able to post) - I find it odd (and unsettling) that this woman they all doubt knew well for more than a decade does not even warrant a *syllable.* Not a *word."

And does anyone travel to NY or LAs or wherever things are now to be a part of the support package? Nope. It pains me to feel that these are just a bunch of soulless, bloodless show biz superstars going through the motions, but it feels that way to me. Feet of clay and all that. I think they all seem pathetic quite frankly in the wake of this death and I will leave it at that (though trust me I could go on).

This thing has been Pr'd to death already by the Stones machine, which seems to be in full-on damage control if you ask me.

I'm not getting into it too deeply here, but strange things surround this. That odd image posted on L'Wren's facebook page AFTER she killed herself, that blind item we've all read, and the other 800 pound gorillas some here seem to be avoiding out of pure idolatry or fear at being cut off at the knees. We journalists do hear things as well that raise eyebrows from insiders, which i will not post without citing - perhaps more later - but for now I am done here and with the music. Something about this post-death period feels sickeningly choreographed to me. Including the fact that this post will probably get me banned.

And hey Mick - that "wonderful life you had made together"? - something about it made her hang herself in a double-fix manner that ensured she'd die if the first knot failed. And maybe tell your publicist that it sure doesn't look as if the relationship was still solid, and if it was - then something seems truly odd.

Out.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:21 by hbwriter.

Re: "Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Remember L'Wren Scott."
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 00:52

Maybe, just maybe, Mick seemed so distraught in Australia that their thoughts were with him, their partner of so many years. It sure ain't good P.R.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:09

I think you may have made premature judgements, which would be unfair since the story of what happened is quite incomplete. Rolling Stones headline is poor journalism, and I'm hard pressed to think this has been PR'd to death by the Stones machine.
An understanding of depression would not allow one to slam Mick's statement.He also
called her his lover and his best friend, and thats means a lot.

Date: March 24, 2014 01:14

MKjan
I think you may have made premature judgements, which would be unfair since the story of what happened is quite incomplete. Rolling Stones headline is poor journalism, and I'm hard pressed to think this has been PR'd to death by the Stones machine.
An understanding of depression would not allow one to slam Mick's statement.He also
called her his lover and his best friend, and thats means a lot.

I quoted those three guys verbatim - nothing is out of context - they ignored her existence- so I feel fine judging them for their spinelessness. And if you don't think the Stones machine is not working like gangbusters to make this neatly go away, I have an old Lotus stage i'd like to sell you. I have no clue what their relationship was- but I'm guessing it's not what it is being painted by the publicists (stable) - this is certainly an ugly, painful and gruesome mess for all involved - i just think the way the machine is handling it is shameful. That is my opinion.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:19

I think Rolling Stone just tacked that headline on to comments that were made previously, some days ago, and its unfair to suggest that is the complete picture….

Date: March 24, 2014 01:21

MKjan
I think Rolling Stone just tacked that headline on to comments that were made previously, some days ago, and its unfair to suggest that is the complete picture….

you know what- forget the rolling stone headline- it's about the statements

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:22

HBWriter, I think you're reading more into those quotes than what is there. The comments by Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie were directly related to the tour and why is was postponed, because of Mick's state of mind following the death of his long time girlfriend. I don't think the fact that they didn't mention L'Wren doesn't necessarily mean that none of them are upset about her death.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:22

MKjan

I agree. It makes sense that their immediate concern was their friend who was in immediate need of support, rather than possibly insincere tributes to a lady I don't think they knew well (and they would have been criticized for that very reason, so they obviously can't win).

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:23

I think they were very honest in their words. I also think that Keith will be heard from but he has enough discretion than to speak now. I agree about the Stones PR machine but i do not think that applies to Mick, who I think is genuinely devastated, regardless what the state of their relationship was.

Date: March 24, 2014 01:25

latebloomer
HBWriter, I think you're reading more into those quotes than what is there. The comments by Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie were directly related to the tour and why is was postponed, because of Mick's state of mind following the death of his long time girlfriend. I don't think the fact that they didn't mention L'Wren doesn't necessarily mean that none of them are upset about her death.

you read it how you like- i'll read it how i like -those were the FULL statements they issued - and in my opinion that says something. You want to disagree? Fine. That is your opinion. Reasonable people can disagree. But I am not reading ANYthing into them- I am merely reacting to them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 01:30 by hbwriter.

Date: March 24, 2014 01:29

as some of you I'm sure know- there is nothing arbitrary about statements like that. They are crafted word by word and more than one person reads them over before they are sent out- nothing accidental here. She is not mentioned once. These messages were all approved before being distributed. This is surgical communication at its best, and the machine decided she would not be in there - whether the guys wanted her in there we will probably never know. But that they approved these canned bits of treacle speaks mountains to me. look, this is a global enterprise, the rolling stones- an intensely managed small country that is responsible for many lives and careers - i'm not saying i don't understand the micro-managing - only that it makes me sort of sick.

Have lost total respect for charlie, keith and ronnie- they seem to worship MJ even more than some here- or maybe it's the brand they fear. Either way - their statements say it all - she is not part of this picture. Only the King Bee- who must be protected. Wake up, people.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 02:04 by hbwriter.

Date: March 24, 2014 01:32

hbwriter
latebloomer

you read it how you like- i'll read it how i like -thosee were the FULL statements they issued - and in my opinion that says something. You want to disagree? Fine. That is your opinion. Reasonable people can disagree. But I am not reading ANYthing into them- I am merely reacting to them.

Yes you are and you are clearly upset about them, and it is certainly within your rights to feel that way. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. No point in arguing, as you say, resonable people can disagree. Who knows, maybe you are right. All I'm saying is that, in my opinion, I think it's hard to gauge how they all feel about L'Wren's death from those short statements.

Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Shallow Statements on L'Wren Scott.
Date: March 24, 2014 01:36

Time and distance. Maybe that's when the core truths will show themselves. As for shallow statements, I think that's all the public ever deserves. Some things are just too personal to share with anyone but those who are closest. I'm sure that Keith et al had other things to say to Mick - things we have no business hearing. We are all Rolling Stones' outliers. Let's all stick around.

Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Shallow Statements on L'Wren Scott.
Date: March 24, 2014 01:43

Richard from Canada
Time and distance. Maybe that's when the core truths will show themselves. As for shallow statements, I think that's all the public ever deserves. Some things are just too personal to share with anyone but those who are closest. I'm sure that Keith et al had other things to say to Mick - things we have no business hearing. We are all Rolling Stones' outliers. Let's all stick around.

i'm not sure that's all the public ever deserves- however, i think they'd all have been better off, if they couldn't muster anything compassionate or classy toward L'Wren, to just shut up. I think they look absolutely pathetic- wherever they jetted off to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 01:44 by hbwriter.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:59

Rubbish

Date: March 24, 2014 01:59

i'll add- karis was seen today in la (where my dad is laid to rest) scoping out sites - anyone else wonder why mj has not been to ny to see the love of his life? i find it beyond odd - my hunch is that it would be an awful PR situation - and that, sadly, is what this seems to all be about. the sudden suicide of a gorgeous, accomplished woman that happens to still be in a serious relationship with mick jagger (because they said so!) is horrible for the brand. If actual human beings were present here, someone would have been at her side ASAP, to claim her and protect her with noble dignity. not 3000 miles away. Again - just my opinion.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 24, 2014 02:02

hbwriter, agree with much of what you posted.

My reaction to the band quotes was similar to yours. My first reaction was "who wrote these lines" and did any of the Stones actually read the words on the page before approving their "personal" comments?

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 24, 2014 02:11

stonesrule

My reaction to the band quotes was similar to yours. My first reaction was "who wrote these lines" and did any of the Stones actually read the words on the page before approving their "personal" comments?

I want to step back into the fray here for a moment and voice my agreement with Stonesrule and HBWriter.

HB, I had some similar thoughts about the press release statements. Most disturbing are the reports in multiple media sources that Jagger is in LA and Ms Scott is still in NYC. It has been nearly a week and he was in the States by Thursday.

I am a huge fan I but this is really a shameful display of compassion from her lover and best friend.

Date: March 24, 2014 02:12

stonesrule

i doubt they have even seen them - this is big time whitewash, happens all the time - it's Kennedyesque. A woman they all knew very well lies cold and dead in ny - why? we have no idea- it actually is none of our business - but the stones behavior is now a matter of public record - a collective shrug from the band I've spent more than 3/4 of my life absolutely adoring and supporting. I never thought they were saints- but I didn't realize they were this feckless. again everyone- THEY DID NOT EVEN REFER TO HER, LET ALONE MENTION HER BY NAME. Now, whether they said these things or allowed their flacks to write them- it almost doesn't matter.

Notice how all three "statements" end with their resolve to come back soon and play - i swear, if i was more cynical i might think this involves some sort of insurance breach and "intent to commit" to come back and play - what are the odds these three would all wrap their statements this way? Wonder how they'd feel if it was their daughter being thrown under the bus like this. Sad part is, part of me thinks they'd do the same thing - let the flacks in the machine handle it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 02:17 by hbwriter.

Date: March 24, 2014 02:15

I will add that while Jagger is not the type of family man I would wish upon anyone it has always seemed to take care of children but if I were Jerry Hall I'd be a little nervous about how I might be treated and remembered in death.

This really takes the carefree shimmer off his performances.

Date: March 24, 2014 02:17

hbwriter
stonesrule

i doubt they have even seen them - this is big time whitewash, happens all the time - it's Kennedyesque. A woman they all knew very well lies cold and dead in ny - why? we have no idea- it actually is none of our business - but the stones behavior is now a matter of public record - a collective shrug from the band I've spent more than 3/4 of my life absolutely adoring and supporting. I never thought they were saints- but I didn't realize they were this feckless. again everyone- THEY DID NOT EVEN REFER TO HER, LET ALONE MENTION HER BY NAME. Now, whether they said these things or allowed their flacks to write them- it almost doesn't matter.

Notice how all three "statements" end with their resolve to come back soon and play - i swear, if i was more cynical i might think this involves some sort of insurance breach

Yeah damage control that they endorsed.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 24, 2014 02:17

TeddyB1018
Maybe, just maybe, Mick seemed so distraught in Australia that their thoughts were with him, their partner of so many years. It sure ain't good P.R.

And I doubt their statements were designed for PR. This happened out of the blue and caught everyone off guard.

Is there any way we (as IORRians) and FANS of this band can break out of the negativity here?

I'm doubting it right now.

CE sad smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 24, 2014 02:18

What I found strange in Mick's statement is : "I'll never forget her".

Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Shallow Statements on L'Wren Scott. etc.
Date: March 24, 2014 02:19

I am cynical enough to believe it. Keith took his neurosurgeon on tour to finish ABB just to avoid the business penalties.

Date: March 24, 2014 02:19

Cocaine Eyes
TeddyB1018

And I doubt their statements were designed for PR. This happened out of the blue and caught everyone off guard.

Is there any way we (as IORRians) and FANS of this band can break out of the negativity here?

I'm doubting it right now.

CE sad smiley

I'm expressing my honest opinion- why define that as "negativity"? Are you saying everyone just turn away and give silent support to anything/everything this organization puts forth? I signed up for a fan board- not a cult. I place objectivity first, and if you are comfortable with how the band is handling things, fine, say something positive about it. Me, I believe in free, open discourse and if someone doesn't care for the topic, ignore it- period. "Negativity" to you is "truth" to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 02:21 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 24, 2014 02:21

hbwriter
A woman they all knew very well

Did they, though? (That's a genuine question--I don't know the answer.)
hbwriter

Notice how all three "statements" end with their resolve to come back soon and play

I thought that was the point of the statements--to comment on what had happened and say what was now happening with the tour? Again, I'm not arguing with you, just saying that's what I thought (maybe wrongly) those initial comments were for, rather than to pay tribute.

Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Shallow Statements on L'Wren Scott. etc.
Date: March 24, 2014 02:21

There is a reason for the negativity.

Date: March 24, 2014 02:22

hbwriter
i'll add- karis was seen today in la (where my dad is laid to rest) scoping out sites - anyone else wonder why mj has not been to ny to see the love of his life? i find it beyond odd - my hunch is that it would be an awful PR situation - and that, sadly, is what this seems to all be about. the sudden suicide of a gorgeous, accomplished woman that happens to still be in a serious relationship with mick jagger (because they said so!) is horrible for the brand. If actual human beings were present here, someone would have been at her side ASAP, to claim her and protect her with noble dignity. not 3000 miles away. Again - just my opinion.

Not everyone does what is deemed the right thing when someone close to them dies. I know a man who couldn't even bring himself to go to his own father's funeral because of his phobia of illness and death and because he was so upset over his father's passing. Perhaps Mick found her death to be too overwhelming and frightening and he wanted to remember her as she was when she was alive. As to the rest of what you write, as I said, you are entitled to your righteous anger. I just can't muster any, L'Wren's death is unspeakably sad. All I can feel is compassion for everyone involved.

Date: March 24, 2014 02:26

Aquamarine
hbwriter
A woman they all knew very well

Did they, though? (That's a genuine question--I don't know the answer.)
hbwriter

Notice how all three "statements" end with their resolve to come back soon and play

I thought that was the point of the statements--to comment on what had happened and say what was now happening with the tour? Again, I'm not arguing with you, just saying that's what I thought (maybe wrongly) those initial comments were for, rather than to pay tribute.

AM - these statements were distributed to media - the RS headline was "Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Remember L'Wren Scott

so yeah- the first words TWO DAYS AFTER HER DEATH i would think might make mention of her. as for closeness, who really knows? I know someone at thanksgiving a few years back with charlie, mick, ronnie and l'wren and said they ALL seemed very tight - "like family" - but regardless - she has been intimately in their bubble for more than 10 years! she doesn't warrant a mention? that raises NO eyebrows here among the faithful?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 02:27 by hbwriter.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 24, 2014 02:27

I see nothing wrong with their statements..I don't get what else people would want them to say..

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home