Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:12

Doxa
I can't believe that's the reason

Irresponsible and unsupported media speculation.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:16

Aquamarine
Doxa
I can't believe that's the reason

Irresponsible and unsupported media speculation.

Absolutely irresponsible and unsupported.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:28

I have yet to see any tributes from Mick's children or the band; just from Bianca.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:29

That she got given nicknames doesn't seem impossible, after all Keith thought it smart to call Mick "Brenda" and boast about it repeatedly but that Yoko thing looks like an old story from 2005 that Mick had actually put out a statement about : [www.independent.co.uk]

Yesterday Jagger was moved to put out a statement denying media reports that L'Wren Scott, has partner of four years, is causing a Yoko Ono-style rift within the Stones.

According to the claims, Scott told Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards to stop smoking in front of her. She has also been said to disapprove of their "bare chest and bandanna" style.

Jagger, aged 62, said: "It is completely untrue to say that L'Wren has caused a rift between myself, and the rest of the band. This is all nonsense, everyone has their own style. We have not had any disagreements about clothes, smoking or L'Wren, and this is all very hurtful for her."

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 10:30 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:38

For whatever reasons, i think it's more likely that she hadn't been feeling well enough that she could go on the tour, plus she had her fashion show in London looming, from what I've read.

Even if the bandmates attitudes are true, it never stopped her from going along before, or Mick from bringing her.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:40

Yep, my thoughts too.

But taking the feature in that report which might have some more truth in it - it is Chris Jagger taking care of the arrangements of the funeral behalf of Mick. I guess that means that Mick is still in too bad shape to function. It is so odd to think that 'Super man' who always controls everything and make things work,in such a state. For example, how the whole Rolling Stones machine is able to roll, make decisions and all that when that dynamo is out? I guess they all are in a rather strange situation, if Mick really as devasted and dysfunctional as is reported.

I never thought I could feel so much empathy for that odd and distant man, but I do.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 10:43 by Doxa.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 21, 2014 10:44

gotdablouse
That she got given nicknames doesn't seem impossible. After all, Keith thought it smart to call Mick "Brenda," and boast about it repeatedly.

It's rumoured Keith's nickname for her was "L'Man," and he supposedly made jokes about her height, and the size of her hands and feet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 15:42 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 21, 2014 10:50

>>According to the claims, Scott told Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards to stop smoking in front of her.

If true, who could blame her? It's horrible for a non-smoker to be in an enclosed space with someone smoking, let alone a chainsmoker, let alone more than one.

Date: March 21, 2014 10:53

Bliss
I have yet to see any tributes from Mick's children or the band; just from Bianca.

I guess they are busy taking care of Mick. Those who do tributes are probably looking this whole thing from a distance, and not directly involved with its consequences (that is: effect on Mick).

- Doxa

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:01

One of the latest DM articles is a bit "comforting" in that it says that she had planned to visit Mick in Australia towards the end of the month and gives some insight on what happened since the end of last year...not exactly the dire conclusions that someone came to on another board.

I came across that article by trying to find a reference to her tweet saying she was packing to go to Paris, a tweet that made everyone happy here because it meant the rehearsals would soon be starting. Can't find it now, it may have been in the first thread about the rehearsals that CE had started and that got replaced by the actual rehearsals thread. Anyone remember what that exact tweet was?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:08

angee
For whatever reasons, i think it's more likely that she hadn't been feeling well enough that she could go on the tour, plus she had her fashion show in London looming, from what I've read.

Even if the bandmates attitudes are true, it never stopped her from going along before, or Mick from bringing her.

I don't think L'Wren liked being on the road with the band that much. She probably enjoyed it when they would play a place like New York, LA, London or Paris where she could spend some time in the city with Mick, shopping, going to dinner, visiting a museum or catching up with some friends. But traveling from city to city wasn't her idea of fun. Not to mention she had a busy life of her own and couldn't afford to be away from her work for weeks or months at a stretch. I read she planned to come to Australia later in the month to see Mick, and perhaps they were planning to spend some time together there after the tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 11:15 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 21, 2014 11:18

Bliss
>>According to the claims, Scott told Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards to stop smoking in front of her.

If true, who could blame her? It's horrible for a non-smoker to be in an enclosed space with someone smoking, let alone a chainsmoker, let alone more than one.

Sorry but I find that scenario so absurd - and also that of her critizing their bare cheasts, etc - that I cannot but smile... a rare smile in the middle of all this sorrowness. Besides that shows that she got some balls - there is not many people saying things like that to Keith Richards...

- Doxa

Date: March 21, 2014 11:31

gotdablouse
One of the latest DM articles is a bit "comforting" in that it says that she had planned to visit Mick in Australia towards the end of the month and gives some insight on what happened since the end of last year...not exactly the dire conclusions that someone came to on another board.

I came across that article by trying to find a reference to her tweet saying she was packing to go to Paris, a tweet that made everyone happy here because it meant the rehearsals would soon be starting. Can't find it now, it may have been in the first thread about the rehearsals that CE had started and that got replaced by the actual rehearsals thread. Anyone remember what that exact tweet was?

I'm not into at all 'speculating' (that word starts to sound pretty bad here, huh?) the reasons for her fatal decision, but it looks like that all the initial easy explanations (Mick dumping her, her trouble with business) seem to be refuted. What I trust most is Mick's saying of him "struggling to understand" being a genuine expression, and we should take it seriously. It came out of the blue.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 11:32 by Doxa.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:38

Doxa
Yep, my thoughts too.

But taking the feature in that report which might have some more truth in it - it is Chris Jagger taking care of the arrangements of the funeral behalf of Mick. I guess that means that Mick is still in too bad shape to function. It is so odd to think that 'Super man' who always controls everything and make things work,in such a state. For example, how the whole Rolling Stones machine is able to roll, make decisions and all that when that dynamo is out? I guess they all are in a rather strange situation, if Mick really as devasted and dysfunctional as is reported.

I never thought I could feel so much empathy for that odd and distant man, but I do.

- Doxa

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 11:43 by rollingon.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:40

Bliss

For the band to have so readily agreed to put the tour on hold is the highest possible tribute I can imagine. It's also been reported that Georgia May shall
be returning to NYC from Australia after cancelling her pending commitments.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:45

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 13:13 by Dreamer.

Date: March 21, 2014 11:55

Dreamer
The danger of all these suggestions and speculations and gossip like this Norville sh.t is that because this poison is everywhere even people you don't expect it from start suggesting and speculating. Very disappointing.

You are right. I already feel sorry for picking up the whole issue. That terrible scenario just hit my mind so hard. A bad judgment from my side to make it public - the whole thought should have stayed in my head. I am sorry.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 12:53 by Doxa.

Date: March 21, 2014 12:06

Sometimes it's tempting to give your thoughts when you read stuff like that, understandable. We just should not do it; write about what we think what she said about KR or RW, what we think about what MJ did or did not do etc. It hurts. Paparazzi read it on iorr and start giving it there own 'truth' then it comes back on iorr and people on iorr express what they think and then the paparazzi recycle it again with some more 'truth'...that's why we should not write about what we think about stuff like that no matter how interesting it seems. It's not appropriate. It hurts.

You're one of the best posters on iorr and people accept your views. I'm sure you can find something to say of which people on iorr will say that it's great. Please write something like that because you're a great guy Doxa!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 21, 2014 12:42

Doxa
You are right. I already feel sorry for picking up the whole issue. That terrible scenario just hit my mind so hard. A bad judgment from my side to make it public - the whole thought should have stayed in my head. I am sorry.

- Doxa

Since you regret it you might consider going back and editing your post, and the post where you repeated it yet again.
Things like that shouldn't be repeated. The scummongers end up quoting you as a source.

Date: March 21, 2014 13:00

Done as told, with sssoul. If Dreamer would now also edit my quote - since that's not im my power - the whole thing would be out of sight.

- Doxa

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:04

I agree. Let's try not to make this any worse than it already is. I feel so bad for L'Wren and Mick, but we can only help Mick now. He must feel so horrible, I would hate for him to be reading all this gossip.

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Date: March 21, 2014 13:14

Doxa
Done as told, with sssoul. If Dreamer would now also edit my quote - since that's not im my power - the whole thing would be out of sight.

- Doxa

Done!

Date: March 21, 2014 13:19

Doxa

- Doxa

I think your earlier (long) post in this thread was the very best one here..

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:01

angee

Mick never told her before that she couldn't come, why on earth else was she not there, or at the Paris rehearsals? It was reported before the suicide. When is the pic on the front page of this site going to be changed to one of an ostrich?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:22

Rokyfan
angee

Mick never told her before that she couldn't come, why on earth else was she not there, or at the Paris rehearsals? It was reported before the suicide. When is the pic on the front page of this site going to be changed to one of an ostrich?

Read the posts above:
Some posters are learning to avoid spreading bad and unproved rumours.
They've deleted their own postings, indeed. And I'll say "Thank You!" to all of them.

You can learn it also, Rokyfan, perhaps, and correct your post equally, too.
Please.

HighwireC

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:23

Rokyfan
angee

It appears that reasoned deduction from known facts is now categorised as 'baseless speculation'. An entirely separate question from whether good taste precludes discussion of matters openly discussed elsewhere.

Date: March 21, 2014 14:27

Lady Jayne
Rokyfan
angee

Read the posts above:
They've deleted their own postings, indeed. And I'll say "Thank You!" to all of them.

You can learn it also, Dear Lady, perhaps, and correct your post equally, too.
Please.

HighwireC

It appears that reasoned deduction from known facts is now categorised as 'baseless speculation'. An entirely separate question from whether good taste precludes discussion of matters openly discussed elsewhere.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:31

HighwireC
Lady Jayne
Rokyfan
angee

Read the posts above:

Please.

HighwireC

If you point me to the 'bad and unproved rumour' I have spread I will correct it.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:34

Rokyfan
angee

There could be many possible reasons: depression, burnout, heavy work load...

How is it even possible to be in charge of the big fashion business in the US and in Europe and be on the road with the band in Australia at the same time, how is that even possible, especially when there are serious difficulties in financing the business?

And we don't know what Mick has said to her or she has said to Mick before the tour, it's just speculation...

But I have understood that she was a very independent woman by nature, not the one that is hanging to Mick all the time or something like that... She was a proud and independent person, that's what people who knew her are saying about her.

Date: March 21, 2014 14:43

Lady Jayne
HighwireC
Lady Jayne
Rokyfan
angee

Read the posts above:

Please.

HighwireC

If you point me to the 'bad and unproved rumour' I have spread I will correct it.

" reasoned deduction from known facts ..."

What "fact" do you really know, what is proven? What is "reasoned deduction"? I only can see someone spreading new and selfmade unproved rumours, hurting guiltless people.

Stop it, please.

HighwireC

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home