Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Chuck Leavell - Surely It's Time For Him To Be Given Full Band Member Status
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:26

He's been with them for years, he's indespensible to their modern sound. Personally I think it's the presence of facial hair that is the deal breaker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 18:26 by BlackHat.

Re: Chuck Leavell - Surely It's Time For Him To Be Given Full Band Memver Status
Date: March 5, 2014 18:27

Let's start with Bobby. First things first... grinning smiley

Re: Chuck Leavell - Surely It's Time For Him To Be Given Full Band Member Status
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:34

Bobby who? Let's stop calling Ronnie the new guy...

Re: Chuck Leavell - Surely It's Time For Him To Be Given Full Band Member Status
Date: March 5, 2014 18:42

The 1969-73, 82, 89-2014-Bobby, who also guested in 75, 78 and 81 + played on numerous albums. Did the immortal BS and CYHMK-solos!

Surely, if anyone should be considered getting the offical Stone-status, it's gotta be him, imo.

Won't ever happen, of course.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:42

Ronnie, WHO THE @#$%& IS Ronnie
JEROEN

Date: March 5, 2014 18:43

DandelionPowderman
The 1969-73, 82, 89-2014-Bobby, who also guested in 75, 78 and 81 + played on numerous albums. Did the immortal BS and CYHMK-solos!

Surely, if anyone should be considered getting the offical Stone-status, it's gotta be him, imo.

WTF IS BOBBY, AND FOR ALL THINGS WTF IS jAGGER
JEROEN

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:47

Chuck Leavell - the grave digger of the band - that's surely consequent ...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:56

RobertJohnson

Stupid comment

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:57

BlackHat
He's been with them for years, he's indespensible to their modern sound. Personally I think it's the presence of facial hair that is the deal breaker.

I think his smiling and boogie woogie pinky planky happy playing on Midnight Rambler precludes him from full time status...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:58

RobertJohnson

How ignorant can you get?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:03

flacnvinyl
BlackHat

I think his smiling and boogie woogie pinky planky happy playing on Midnight Rambler precludes him from full time status...

Love Mick's glare at 1:58.

Date: March 5, 2014 19:08

flacnvinyl
BlackHat

grinning smiley

Date: March 5, 2014 19:08

corriecas
DandelionPowderman

JEROEN

You're at it early today, Jeroen! smileys with beer

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:17

"Mr. Honky Tonk on Midnight Rambler" - this is the right man for the Vegas era ...

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:40

If Chuck was rubbish, didn't add to the sound, and wasn't appreciated by Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie he wouldn't have played with them (and be credited as musical director) for the last 24 years.

I do wish people would lay off Chuck - not only a very nice man (the two times I briefly spoke to him, and a couple of brief email exchanges) but clearly a musician who is highly respected and valued by the band that this forum is about.

Not sure he, or anyone else, should be a "full member" of the Band - whatever that means apart from money.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:44

Some people don't like the way he plays the keyboards. Some prefer a more (acoustic) piano sound like Nicky or Stu. It's allowed. Me, I hate the way he butchers songs from the Exile era with great piano parts . . . Loving Cup, etc. Never sounds right with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 19:44 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:49

He'll never be a Rolling Stone.

That's it. It's just the 4 and will remain the 4.

Date: March 5, 2014 19:51

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
DandelionPowderman

JEROEN

You're at it early today, Jeroen! smileys with beer

YEAH TRUE, IM @#$%& UP ABOUT NO SHOWS AT THE ZIGGODOME, SORRY.
JEROEN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:52

The Rolling Stones are an English band and will always remain so. No American, or other nationality will or should become a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:53

BlackHat

I think it may be the fact that he actually has real hair on top of his head that is the deal breaker.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 5, 2014 20:05

whitem8
The Rolling Stones are an English band and will always remain so. No American, or other nationality will or should become a Rolling Stone.
you're point is if he was english he would be made a member. wrong. Nationality has nothing to do with it ZERO. Money. They pay him a salary, no reason for them and their families into the future need to share profits with the Leavalls for eternity. Geez. What the @#$%& are you talking about no other nationality should become a Rolling Stone. NOBODY IS BECOMING A ROLLING STONE how @#$%& hard is that to understand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 20:06 by Rokyfan.

Date: March 5, 2014 20:10

DandelionPowderman

Oh him...yeah yeah...Good Texan that guy

Date: March 5, 2014 20:14

thecitadel
If Chuck was rubbish, didn't add to the sound, and wasn't appreciated by Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie he wouldn't have played with them (and be credited as musical director) for the last 24 years.

I do wish people would lay off Chuck - not only a very nice man (the two times I briefly spoke to him, and a couple of brief email exchanges) but clearly a musician who is highly respected and valued by the band that this forum is about.

Not sure he, or anyone else, should be a "full member" of the Band - whatever that means apart from money.

Credited as musical director? The last time he called himself that he became "unwanted" at the B2B-sessions...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 5, 2014 20:29

No

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 5, 2014 20:29

DandelionPowderman
thecitadel

Credited as musical director? The last time he called himself that he became "unwanted" at the B2B-sessions...

Oh, please explain further. I've noticed a little less bravado from him since then, but please explain.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 5, 2014 20:38

Stu wasn't, why should Chuck?

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 5, 2014 20:45

whitem8 I admire your work, but your and Charlie Watts' myopia about the band needing to be English is misguided. If it's about cultural differences, who cares...cricket/baseball, football/soccer, chips/fries? Would you rather have Ricky Gervais over Bobby Keys, Richard Branson over Chuck Leavell, just based on nationality?

Methinks it's time to diversify esp. in light of residencies in the US.

I have wanted to be a RS since I could walk...should my nationality preclude me?

The issue begs the question: do the Rolling Stones own the right to be Rolling Stones, when others of us want a piece of the pie?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 20:46 by paulm.

Date: March 5, 2014 20:47

mtaylor
Stu wasn't, why should Chuck?

Now thats oldham school...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2014 21:14

paulm
whitem8 I admire your work, but your and Charlie Watts' myopia about the band needing to be English is misguided. If it's about cultural differences, who cares...cricket/baseball, football/soccer, chips/fries? Would you rather have Ricky Gervais over Bobby Keys, Richard Branson over Chuck Leavell, just based on nationality?

Methinks it's time to diversify esp. in light of residencies in the US.

I have wanted to be a RS since I could walk...should my nationality preclude me?

The issue begs the question: do the Rolling Stones own the right to be Rolling Stones, when others of us want a piece of the pie?

Are you one of the four members of The Rolling Stones? Nope. So there is your answer. English or not, it is zero relevance. Taking something that was said in jest when Ronnie joined the band does not apply to the post-Wyman Stones.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 21:18

Rokyfan
whitem8
you're point is if he was english he would be made a member. wrong. Nationality has nothing to do with it ZERO. Money. They pay him a salary, no reason for them and their families into the future need to share profits with the Leavalls for eternity. Geez. What the @#$%& are you talking about no other nationality should become a Rolling Stone. NOBODY IS BECOMING A ROLLING STONE how @#$%& hard is that to understand.
I wonder do you have asperger's syndrome? Your profanity laced response to my post is quite a storm in a tea cup. The question was asked if it is time to make Chuck a member, and my response is no, and no one will be admitted to the Stones membership. One because of their age and two because they have reserved membership to the Stones for English members. That was one of the main deciding factors after the Black and Blue auditions, they are an English band and wanted to remain so, and rightly so. Calm down buddy and take a nap, it might help.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home