Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Chuck Leavell - Surely It's Time For Him To Be Given Full Band Member Status
Date: March 6, 2014 13:55

StonedInTokyo
It's cool that it's quite likely someone out there chose Chuck as their favorite member of the band, and for someone else it's Daryl and so on.
Apparently Blondie Chaplin was Keith Richards' favorite member of the band cause how else would one explain it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What do you mean?

Re: Chuck Leavell - Surely It's Time For Him To Be Given Full Band Member Status
Posted by: ag ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:09

To be quite honest - there should only be five people on the stage -
The FOUR Stones - Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, and a bass player, if it has to be DJ then so be it, he does a good job. (Bill would be better.)
Bill and Mick Taylor should be the only guests they should ever have.

Only the basics produces a much better sound.
As for musical direction? Keith's your man. Is there any other.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:26

- Hmm...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:36

Keith Mick Charlie and Ronnie play WITH The Rolling Stones. The others play FOR The Rolling Stones

Date: March 6, 2014 16:03

Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie ARE the Rolling Stones. The others play WITH the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:05

DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo
It's cool that it's quite likely someone out there chose Chuck as their favorite member of the band, and for someone else it's Daryl and so on.
Apparently Blondie Chaplin was Keith Richards' favorite member of the band cause how else would one explain it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What do you mean?

I heard it was Keith who got him in and it was Keith who insisted he stay.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 6, 2014 17:09

StonedInTokyo
DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo

What do you mean?

[www.youtube.com]

That's true, but I didn't get why that choice needed to be explained?

After all, this is a guy who was with the Beach Boys, recorded with members of the Band and the Byrds - way more merited than most of "Mick's" sidemen smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:23

DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo
DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo

What do you mean?

[www.youtube.com]

After all, this is a guy who was with the Beach Boys, recorded with members of the Band and the Byrds - way more merited than most of "Mick's" sidemen smiling smiley
very good facts on Blondie bio !

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:42

The Rolling Stones are/were :

Mick Jaígger
Keith Richards
Brian Jones
Bill Wyman
Charlie Watts
Ian Stewart
Mick Taylor
Ron Wood

Chuck Leavell is in the Nicky Hopkins-Bobby Keys-Lisa Fisher-Darryl Jones-Billy Preston etc. VERY IMPORTANT status.
But he'll never be a Rolling Stone like Stu.

I agree with this. When the sitting President leaves office, he's still addressed as Mr. President. When an officer retires from the military, they are still addressed by their highest rank. IS, MT, and BW are Stones as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: March 6, 2014 20:00

DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo
DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo

What do you mean?

[www.youtube.com]

Blondie Chaplin kicks ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 21:06 by Wry Cooter.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 6, 2014 21:02

BlackHat
He's been with them for years, he's indespensible to their modern sound. Personally I think it's the presence of facial hair that is the deal breaker.

NO, he is not a Brit

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:20

bv
In order to be a full member of the Rolling Stones you would have to be starving with them at Edith Grove back in the early 60's. Sort of inventing the band... After that it is really "light" membership, remember Ronnie never starved, but he earned it. Same with Mick Taylor, but he quit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 07:29 by Tonstone.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:37

surely it is not!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 7, 2014 05:19

Let's turn it around. Do you think they (Chuck, Darryl etc) will ever feel like they are in the band? I don't think so. They probably think it is an awesome gig to have to play with them every time and feel part of the current touring band but they won't feel part of a close group of over 50 years.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2014 05:21

I think it's time for Black Hat to switch to the White Hat.

BTW, isn't Chuck a self-proclaimed member of the Stones already?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 7, 2014 14:42

ag
To be quite honest - there should only be five people on the stage -
The FOUR Stones - Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, and a bass player, if it has to be DJ then so be it, he does a good job. (Bill would be better.)
Bill and Mick Taylor should be the only guests they should ever have.

Only the basics produces a much better sound.
As for musical direction? Keith's your man. Is there any other.

The ideal line up would be the Four + BW + MT + Ian McLagan, i.e. the line up from 78 + MT.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 7, 2014 14:55

treaclefingers
I think it's time for Black Hat to switch to the White Hat.

BTW, isn't Chuck a self-proclaimed member of the Stones already?

No, thanks. I like the Black Hat (although I do prefer the Beatles to the Stones).

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 7, 2014 16:20

This thread is like asking the Tea Party to accept Obama.

Date: March 7, 2014 17:13

Charlie = John Mccain, he'd be ok with Chuck being a member because he knows the others wouldn't let it happen. Mick is def Bachmann..

Date: March 7, 2014 17:34

DoomandGloom
Charlie = John Mccain, he'd be ok with Chuck being a member because he knows the others wouldn't let it happen. Mick is def Bachmann..

yes, I concur

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:29

treaclefingers
DoomandGloom

OK in this scenario Chuck is Obama, and I'm surmising that Mick is Michele Bachmann, Keith is Dick Armey, Ronnie is Sarah Palin, but who is Charlie?

Ronnie's not that stupid

Date: March 7, 2014 19:24

More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers
DoomandGloom

OK in this scenario Chuck is Obama, and I'm surmising that Mick is Michele Bachmann, Keith is Dick Armey, Ronnie is Sarah Palin, but who is Charlie?

Ronnie's not that stupid

sorry, I had meant he's that hot.

Date: March 7, 2014 22:05

It's really absurd for people to be posting topics such as who should suddenly be made a band member at this point in their careers. It's fair to assume that The Stones sidemen are receiving excellent pay and first class treatment while employed by this great band. Certainly if Nicky Hopkins a player who's notes carried the Stones to places they'd never venture and Bobby Keys, whose sax most of Exile is powered by were never "Members" no one in today's "Vegas Era is going to get the nod. When I mention "Vegas" I do so with pride as this incarnation of the group is capable of some great moments as we've seen a dozen times in 2013, Membership right now is about how the money is divided, how Ronnie squeezed his way in is a mystery but I imagine they needed him to stay when Bill left. In my book Ronnie, Bobby, Taylor and Nicky are all Rolling Stones, Chuck and Darrel are sidemen because they've left little impact on the bands recorded history.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2014 22:14

Chuck can be where he is right now - it doesn't get worse or better, but he will never be a Stones member. He has not contributed to the Stones sound / music at all. He just helps them on tour (some people might say for the worse and other contrary). Me, myself would prefer Stu (or somebody similar).

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home