Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tokyo favourite song poll - Silver Train
Date: February 25, 2014 21:10

TheGreek
voted for bitch

" Bitch " would make more sense in Australia or New Zealand or maybe Singapore .

They have played " Bitch " in Tokyo EACH year that they have performed there (in Tokyo) at least once .... except for the 1995 tour of Japan .

* 1990 Tokyo : Bitch

* 1998 Tokyo : Bitch

* 2003 Tokyo : Bitch

* 2006 Tokyo : Bitch

This doesn't mean that they won't do it,though. They repeated " Bitch " in Chicago many times and they repeated " No Expectations " in San Jose .

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:17

Voted for Silver Train; I hope it wins.
Rock and roll,

Mops

Date: February 25, 2014 21:20

big4
ADTL, Bitch and YGMR are set-list regulars-the former two deservedly so. The only two I consider anywhere near rare would be Whip and ST. I wouldn't even consider Whip rare, just sparsely played. ST is the only of these songs which should part of some kind of fan vote. The rest of them will more than likely make more than their fair share of appearances as part of the regular setlist this tour.

I agree. I voted for " Silver Train " !! It was an easy choice for me.

I do like " When the Whip Comes Down " but considering that " Silver Train " has not been performed in concert since 1973 .... and only 2 or 3 times in Europe at that .... plus the presence of Taylor makes it an easy choice.

I don't believe that " Respectable " has ever been played in Tokyo. They did not get any 1978 or 1999 concerts , obviously . Maybe they will do it at one of the shows but,the first order of business should be " Silver Train " !!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:23

Winning Ugly VXII
TheGreek
voted for bitch

" Bitch " would make more sense in Australia or New Zealand or maybe Singapore .

They have played " Bitch " in Tokyo EACH year that they have performed there (in Tokyo) at least once .... except for the 1995 tour of Japan .

This doesn't mean that they won't do it,though. They repeated " Bitch " in Chicago many times and they repeated " No Expectations " in San Jose .
plus maybe Mick Taylor plays on it ?

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:35

Voted for Silver Train - although I would love to hear any of these songs (except YGMR grinning smiley )

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:40

Remember how many different songs you could choose to vote for on the BTB-tour?? That was much more fun...

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:52

Kaisan
Voted for Silver Train - although I would love to hear any of these songs (except YGMR grinning smiley )

They should do a reverse vote: Here's five or six songs we're going to do, what's the one that might cause you to have a violent, negative reaction to hearing live?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 25, 2014 22:03

SILVER TRAIN is a coming!!!

I just voted for it.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 25, 2014 22:08

The ironic thing is that most 'modern' Stones fans won;t be even aware that a song called Silver Train exists...it lurks on an album which is not classed as one of their classics and was never a staple song on any of the tours. Consequently only die hard Stones fans will vote for it. Having said that, I've done my bit and voted for it and really hope it gets played and importantly isn't a huge disappointment.

Date: February 25, 2014 22:18

Since they uploaded that video on youtube about this ''song poll' there will probably be a decent amount och 'casual fans' voting that has not even heard Silver Train before.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 25, 2014 22:39

My vote is done!!! Funny that Bitch is the most shared picture on their Facebook site... and Silver Train the less voted confused smiley

Hope the Rolling Stones' web site goes for Silver Train. And why everybody hates YGMR? I like it.

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2014 22:40

Done, ST it is!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 25, 2014 23:04

dandelion1967
My vote is done!!! Funny that Bitch is the most shared picture on their Facebook site... and Silver Train the less voted confused smiley

Hope the Rolling Stones' web site goes for Silver Train. And why everybody hates YGMR? I like it.

I like it, too. But for your consolation: I hate Streets of Love. And I also voted for Silver Train, though I like Bitch more. But I want to hear, how Silver Train sounds, and they already have played Bitch recently.

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: February 25, 2014 23:12

"Bitch" is leading on Facebook with 13.500 likes while "Silver Train" is at 4.100 votes. sad smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 26, 2014 00:46

JumpinJeppeFlash
You Got Me Rocking Off Course:-)

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 26, 2014 02:32

Well, voted for Silver Train of course... have they ever put up a list with a song which ultimately they never played at all on the given tour? Sure hope they play it...

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 26, 2014 02:37

SweetThing
Well, voted for Silver Train of course... have they ever put up a list with a song which ultimately they never played at all on the given tour? Sure hope they play it...

I don't think they ever played "I Go Wild" when it was an option on B2B.

Date: February 26, 2014 02:57

Glam Descendant
SweetThing

They didn't play If You Can't Rock Me last year even though it was up for voting.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 26, 2014 03:15

Moonlight Mile last year, too.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 05:07

if you joker's don't garner enough support for Silver Train.....i'll never let you live it down

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 26, 2014 06:29

TheBlockbuster
Glam Descendant
SweetThing

They didn't play If You Can't Rock Me last year even though it was up for voting.

sad smiley sad smiley Hmmmm...well, they're dragging Taylor along and I suspect they aren't keen on being locked into doing Sway and/or CYHMK every third show. Also suspect they realize how silly it is just to put Taylor on MR and Satisfaction throughout the tour... so pure speculation on my part, and perhaps wishful thinking, but I'm going to guess we'll see ST and Heart Breaker dusted off a couple times.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:33

It's good it seems that they're mixing up the vote songs a bit.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:05

Silver Train of course

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:48

Have voted for Silver Train but doubt that it will happen as the online song vote always appears to have been pre-determined when the Stones announce the winner.
As they have been rehearsing Silver Train and the stones board votes for this song is high then perhaps it will be featured after all !

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:52

two4fun111
if you joker's don't garner enough support for Silver Train.....i'll never let you live it down

I actually feel a bit guilty about voting for it, since I'm not actually going to be at the show. But I feel guilty about a lot worse things, so what the heck!

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:48

Winning Ugly VXII

This only serves to show that Chuck's assertion that he keeps a list of what was played in what city as BS. Well, maybe he actually does keep a list but Mick ignores it.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:34

How are you guys feeling? I feel a little stupid thinking this song had a chance. This has been talked about before but I don't think these request songs are on the up and up.confused smiley

Date: February 26, 2014 16:22

Winning Ugly VXII
TheGreek
voted for bitch

Lucky Tokyo!

It's the same with All Down The Line in Norway. They always play it - doesn't matter if they didn't do it on other dates of the tour smiling smiley

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 23:01

Ive actually seen Silver train performed twice. I saw The Black Crowes play it at SPAC during the Furthur Tour many years ago and i saw Johnny Winter play it at Toad's Place. It's only right the true masters perform it led by the great Mick Taylor himself!!!

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: March 4, 2014 00:09

vote 1

vote 2

Please like these pictures. winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home