Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 127
Re: NORTH AMERICA THIS FALL? LOOKING GOOD......
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 6, 2014 14:37

Perhaps, but there ARE ++20,000 stateside and in Canada who would do it min a hot second.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: April 6, 2014 18:04

Does anyone know if they will do rehearsals for the European tour and if so where?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 6, 2014 18:15

mrsw
Does anyone know if they will do rehearsals for the European tour and if so where?

Yes allways. And no, let's keep them rehearsing in private (my choice at least)

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:38

mrsw

In my basement. Lucky Dip tickets go on sale #Wednesday.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 7, 2014 12:25

i just got back from new zealand where i failed to see the stones despite careful planning......it seems like all the euro shows went on sale while i was traveling. are all the FOS tickets to each show sold out? are there any shows with just plain old general admission without a special FOS?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 7, 2014 12:33

little queenie
i just got back from new zealand where i failed to see the stones despite careful planning......it seems like all the euro shows went on sale while i was traveling. are all the FOS tickets to each show sold out? are there any shows with just plain old general admission without a special FOS?

Pinkpop has no special FOS section

Date: April 7, 2014 13:10

Harm
little queenie

thanks harm! now i'd just have to gear up to fight off the kids....ack....it's sold out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 13:22 by little queenie.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 7, 2014 14:26

Harm
little queenie

You can still get Diamond FOS for Vienna, but it's around USD 500

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 7, 2014 15:11

Tickets back on sale for Vienna not lucky dip.....go to Eventim.cz

Posted by: Niebla ()
Date: April 7, 2014 15:16

Rock in Rio Lisboa.
Think they still have tickets.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 7, 2014 16:30

andrewm
I'm in Victoria, actually. Maybe you thought that because I'm a (gulp) Leafs fan?

hmmm...I've no idea why I came to that conclusion.

Anyway, Leafs or Canucks fan, same outcome.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 7, 2014 17:00

Tickets for VIENNA 150 EURO EVENTIM.CZ NOT LUCKY DIP

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2014 23:19

little queenie

There are four :
- Lisbon
- Landgraaf/Pinkpop
- Vienna
- Roskilde

Only Landgraaf is full AFAIK?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 10:07

Strange for Vienna because those other shows are festivals. Who knows what stage setup will be there.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2014 10:50

Yeah in Vienna they replicated the HP setup for some reason, albeit flipped, VIPs will get more action on Ronnie's side ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 8, 2014 11:01

Lorenz
Harm
little queenie

You can still get Diamond FOS for Vienna, but it's around USD 500

thanks lorenz....europe has always been a thrill, partially due to the affordable prices and general admission layout...sounds like that's over ;(

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 8, 2014 11:31

Gotta remember that only the other side of the pitch is GA in Vienna, the other side will be a separate FOS, further separated in Golden and Diamond circles.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 9, 2014 10:17

Harm
little queenie

I remember 2007 Zurich and Nijmegen:

No FOS tickets were sold - but there was a FOS section!
Most people didn`t realized it.
We went to FOS with normal standing tickets, we got a FOS-wristband and all was good......

I think it will be the same procedure at Pinkpop. There will be a FOS.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 9, 2014 11:47

satisfaction2
Harm
little queenie

I remember 2007 Zurich and Nijmegen:

No FOS tickets were sold - but there was a FOS section!
Most people didn`t realized it.
We went to FOS with normal standing tickets, we got a FOS-wristband and all was good......

I think it will be the same procedure at Pinkpop. There will be a FOS.

Same thing in Barcelona in 2007:
there were no FOS special tickets on sale, but there was a FOS area.
I was very lucky: I met BV in the GA standing area, and he was kind enough to give me a FOS wristband!!

Thanks BV!!

Regards.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 9, 2014 15:31

I do remember that Barcelona gig. Three of us got to the gig and just joined in the line getting wristbands. About 15 minutes later we were in the FOS area and loads of room there ,even when The Stones came on.

Great day and a great show. >grinning smiley<

2014 US Tour
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:14

Does anyone in the know think that there is a possibility that the Stones may tour the states again this fall and/or winter?

Re: 2014 US Tour
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:18

ronkeith72
Does anyone in the know think that there is a possibility that the Stones may tour the states again this fall and/or winter?

Yes. I started a new thread about this a little while ago but it's now lost in the 3 million (???????) page sticky thread.

God willing.....good health, etc. they should hit the USA & parts of Canada into late 2014.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:20

Of course. they have to come 'Home" to NYC one more time!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:41

michaelsavage

Tell the people of Toronto that

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 9, 2014 18:08

Any news, or new rumors, regarding South America?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2014 20:40

RockinJive
michaelsavage

Look, I'm Canadian but the people of Toronto need to get over themselves. They've rehearsed there a couple of times for tax reasons/proximity to US East Coast.

Let's not delude ourselves.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2014 20:45

treaclefingers
RockinJive
michaelsavage

Look, I'm Canadian but the people of Toronto need to get over themselves. They've rehearsed there a couple of times for tax reasons/proximity to US East Coast.

Let's not delude ourselves.

Come on peoples, everybody knows that Los Angeles is the center of the Universe drinking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:15

Often there is a front barrier with wristbands, even if it is NOT paid for by the ticket. Regardless of FOS with or without the ticket, this is the procedure, never published, but happens many many times:

Close to show time security people walk through the FOS areas. Not every place but several. If the place looks like it is UNDER-crowded, they might give out wristbands. Some times I get them when I walk around (I see they have a bunch). Some times they do it in silent by the entrance of the FOS. They don't want a riot, so they ask people to be nice andf make no fuzz.

If you want to get FOS there are 100 ways. I might write a book about it. Experience and so many strange ways.

Just a final remark. One time in Spain, the FOS was litterally empty. The FOS had an uplift of may be 20 Euro. But nobody wanted toi pay that extra price. I walked in sort of late. May be it was in 2003, think so. I was late, but I could still get to the first row FOS. So I just walked out, around to meet friends on the big open field, who did not know about this. I could see they opened up the FOS and let people in gradually so that it would not look that bad. The band want fans up front. When the show start they want people there.

By the way the same happened during "50 and counting". In USA. You could walk up to the counter that handed out wristbands for those who had "PIT" on the ticket, late just before show start. You could tell then you had a bad ticket but you were a big fan. They would give you a wristband, because they had 30-40 extra and the show was on in 15 minutes.

Like I say, I could write a book about it. One day. And I haven't even started talking about those emergency ways, just the regular ones. First time they had FOS at Wembley Stadium I had to do an emergency upgrade. Just have to walk in when many others do it, during the intro, not like an elephant but like a cat. A jacket helps a lot. Many things to keep in mind.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 10, 2014 22:45

I'm gonna read your book one day Bjornulf, 'cos it's gonna be a best seller giving an insight into life as a Rolling Stones fan, who runs the biggest and best fan site in the world.

Not being a 'yes man' , I been told off in the past and don't always agree with what you say and you with me,but been here since about 2000 and met some great fans from all over this planet, including yourself at MSG January 2003,and many times since.

Another tour..................nice to be here.............nice to be anywhere,as long as it is at a live Rolling Stones gig in Europe.

That's as far ahead I think of, at the moment.
Looking forward to meeting old and new faces in Oslo. smileys with beer

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 10, 2014 22:46

There is still one available place in the backseat of Mathijs' Volkswagen 1200 from the Netherlands to Scandinavia. Mathijs, Kleermaker and Amsterdamed will pick up Video James at Schiphol Airport for further driving up to Scandinavia.
Still room for a fifth person. Anyone with a show ticket but no flight ticket?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2181
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home