Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 4, 2014 01:35

babyblue
If the Uk gets another round why not the good ole USA.

We're not.

And the only part of the UK theyve played since 2006 other than a festival was London.

They'll come back to the US soon enough I'm sure. Dont think its much to ask to allow other parts of the planet a visit first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 01:36 by Gazza.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 4, 2014 09:42

Lucky Dip for Stockholm: [www.axs.com]

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 4, 2014 12:10

Gazza
babyblue

We're not.

And the only part of the UK theyve played since 2006 other than a festival was London.

They'll come back to the US soon enough I'm sure. Dont think its much to ask to allow other parts of the planet a visit first.

Here's the exact figures. The last Stones show (their own show) they have played outside of London in the UK was at the Millennium Stadium in cardiff on the 29th of August 2006. The other two shows being festivals (Isle of White and Glastonbury- not Stones shows in other words). Even more amazing is that they have only played 3 shows outside of London in the UK (Cardiff, Sheffield, Glasgow) since the 5th of September 2003. Yes you read that right people, 3 shows since 2003!

The US on the other hand (not including Canada) has had 37 shows since that 29th of August Cardiff show in 2006.

I always shake my head when my American friends ask for another US tour. I hope you get one in the future at some point but let the rest of us have some of the pie (by that I mean those down under, Europe, South America and of course the UK outside of London!). cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 12:12 by petewasbristol.

Date: April 4, 2014 12:11

Edit: Double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 12:12 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: April 4, 2014 12:40

petewasbristol
Gazza
babyblue

We're not.

Here's the exact figures. The last Stones show (their own show) they have played outside of London in the UK was at the Millennium Stadium in cardiff on the 29th of August 2006. The other two shows being festivals (Isle of White and Glastonbury- not Stones shows in other words). Even more amazing is that they have only played 3 shows outside of London in the UK (Cardiff, Sheffield, Glasgow) since the 5th of September 2003. Yes you read that right people, 3 shows since 2003!

The US on the other hand (not including Canada) has had 37 shows since that 29th of August Cardiff show in 2006.

I always shake my head when my American friends ask for another US tour. I hope you get one in the future at some point but let the rest of us have some of the pie (by that I mean those down under, Europe, South America and of course the UK outside of London!). cool smiley

Wow!!!! Thats a very interesting find.

I think we need "14" shows in the UK next. They are British afterall?!?! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 4, 2014 13:37

stereomanic
petewasbristol
Gazza
babyblue

We're not.

I think we need "14" shows in the UK next. They are British afterall?!?! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

UK:
Land Area: 242,900 km²
Population: 60,776,238

USA:
Land Area: 9,629,091 km²
Population: 317,493,212

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2014 13:49

England : 5 Rolling Stones if you include Mick Taylor or 6 with Bill Wyman, 7 even with Brian Jones but Wales may claim him.

USA : Darryl Jones

We win 7 - 1 >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: April 4, 2014 13:56

I don't think they should play behind every bush in the UK. But you've got airports with low cost carriers next to every tree. UK is not that big. Or you can go to the continent for a Stones concert. It would be cheaper than a ticket in the UK.

This is just my opinion, no personal offense. Peace.

Date: April 4, 2014 14:01

RoughJusticeOnYa
stereomanic
petewasbristol
Gazza
babyblue

We're not.

UK:

USA:

I would argue that the UK is a part of Europe so...

Europe:
Land Area: 10,180,000

Population: 739.2 million

Bottom line is that a lot of us (even you guys in the US) have had to travel to see shows in our respective continent surface area to see the Stones. I have no problem with that and I know a lot of British fans are happy to do so. I would just love to see a show without having to step onto an airplane. That's all!thumbs upcool smiley

Date: April 4, 2014 14:04

Domonkos
I don't think they should play behind every bush in the UK. But you've got airports with low cost carriers next to every tree. UK is not that big. Or you can go to the continent for a Stones concert. It would be cheaper than a ticket in the UK.

And that's exactly what we do. We follow the Stones all over the continent because we love them cool smiley

I dream of the day of seeing the Stones in the UK and returning to my own bed at night though!

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: April 4, 2014 14:26

petewasbristol
Domonkos

And that's exactly what we do. We follow the Stones all over the continent because we love them cool smiley

I dream of the day of seeing the Stones in the UK and returning to my own bed at night though!

Great, thanks for getting my message in a positive way. I've seen the Stones in my hometown two times, but failed to wake up in my own bed in both cases though! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 4, 2014 14:39

Domonkos

Great, thanks for getting my message in a positive way. I've seen the Stones in my hometown two times, but failed to wake up in my own bed in both cases though! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You Tart. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 14:41 by Gazza.

Date: April 4, 2014 14:44

RoughJusticeOnYa
UK:

USA:

Five times the population. Still reckon its disproportionally in favour of the US by a wide margin!

If we're going to go by land area, they'll need to have a very extensive trek around Russia, China, Brazil and Canada in the near future! :-)

Date: April 4, 2014 14:47

Domonkos
petewasbristol
Domonkos

I've seen the Stones in my hometown two times, but failed to wake up in my own bed in both cases though! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Haha I won't push you further!

Date: April 4, 2014 15:04

petewasbristol
RoughJusticeOnYa
stereomanic
petewasbristol
Gazza
babyblue

We're not.

UK:

USA:

I would argue that the UK is a part of Europe so...

Europe:
Land Area: 10,180,000

Population: 739.2 million

...oh NO! You're NOT getting away with it THàT easily!

You see: I AM from Europe - what you UK-guys refer to as "the continent", right?!;
and all of us, 'continentals', know very-very wel - just like you - that nó UK-citizen in his right mind has EVER considered him-/herself "a European".

So you're NOT gonna play THAT card here, now that it suits you!! smoking smiley

Date: April 4, 2014 15:12

Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
UK:

USA:

Five times the population. Still reckon its disproportionally in favour of the US by a wide margin!

If we're going to go by land area, they'll need to have a very extensive trek around Russia, China, Brazil and Canada in the near future! :-)

Well, since the original argument I responded to had something to do with concerts inside or outside London, I reckoned the area argument here was the most valid - since our 'European' brothers in the UK seem to feel that if you live in Birmingham (2h drive), Manchester (4h drive), Glasgow (6-and-a-half h drive), Cardiff (3h drive), ... you're part of the unserved audience if your favourite band only plays London. Whereas I wonder: what does a Texan say, or someone from Detroit, Kansas, Miami, etc., given the past tour itinerary & current tour plans...

But hey, What do I care?! They play MY country this June, ànd I'm going to Berlin too! >grinning smiley<

Date: April 4, 2014 15:27

Well, personally speaking if the band ONLY play London, despite living in the UK I have to get a flight. As they havent played Belfast since 1965.

I do think its beyond argument that the amount of UK shows that take place in London - which isnt exactly in the middle of the country - is disproportionate. There's no question what the logic is, though.They can charge much higher prices for a show in London and still fill the venue, whereas that would be harder to do when you go further north. On some recent tours (2003 and 2006) they made the venues all seated solely for the purpose of inflating the prices when there was no legal requirement to do so, and when shows elsewhere had general admission.

Will see you in Berlin. smileys with beer Where else are you going?

Date: April 4, 2014 16:48

smileys with beer, Gazza!

I'll be going to werchter, too.
Dunno exactly where I'll be at Waldbühne; I went for that 'lucky dip charm'... Fingers crossed for pit tickets! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And that'll be it, for me; June isn't exactly a great month for me to travel a lot. I tried to get my hand on some of the Pinkpop tix, too; but with Berlin now in the frame, I've let go of that.

"50&Counting" and "14 On Fire" combined, I'lll have seen them at the O², in Hyde Park (you see, I don't mind them playing only Londen... winking smiley ) , in Berlin & Werchter.

And I truely am sorry I forgot to mention Belfast in my small list of major UK cities. Point taken!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 4, 2014 19:08

Gazza
Domonkos

You Tart. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

LOL Gazza. You beat me to responding to that one smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: April 4, 2014 20:49

this is true about the Stones only playing London in the UK.
as a contrast, for example, look at Springsteen's UK/Ireland gigs in the last couple of years:

- in 2012 he played London, Isle of Wight, Sunderland, Manchester, Dublin x 2.
- in 2013 he played London x 2, Glasgow, Coventry, Cardiff, Leeds, Kilkenny x 2, Belfast, Cork, Limerick.

in all, 3 festivals, 1 arena and 13 stadiums!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2014 23:23

I was in Limerick recently and they still talk about the gig at Thomond Park last year.

They love Bruce in Ireland as they do all over the world.

They love The Stones as well and I've got such good memorys from the 2 gigs at The Point in Dublin, many years ago. winking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 4, 2014 23:30

Allow me to repeat for about the tenth time that I live in the US and the nearest show to me on the last tour was a thousand miles away. To which I traveled overnight by train. I honestly don't think some folks have a sense of the distances here (or in Australia). I didn't myself when I lived in the UK and thought that London to Liverpool was a major journey. Now when I'm over there I do that trip to meet folks for lunch!

Re: What is the purpose of a 2014 European Tour ?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 4, 2014 23:40

Come On
Purpose? Maybe just to show that they are still alive and kicking...

?
Do you Think they are

Posted by: rollingmike ()
Date: April 5, 2014 00:09

Any chance of "Under my thumb" as an kick off during European leg?smiling smiley

NORTH AMERICA THIS FALL? LOOKING GOOD......
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 5, 2014 13:58

For fans in North America, don't be surprised if the Stones continue their 14 On Fire tour here. Word in Toronto is that they WILL tour North America. Waiting for confirmation, of course. So far, many many many glimmers.......grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

Re: NORTH AMERICA THIS FALL? LOOKING GOOD......
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 5, 2014 14:14

What about postponed Australian dates? I think they rather tour Australia this fall.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 14:33

They do both i think. Maybe

End Sept - Oct - America
Oct - South America
Oct - Nov. Australia

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 5, 2014 14:49

Let us pray

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 5, 2014 15:03

Australia & NZ - Oct/Nov

If South America, after holidays and prime summer Jan/Feb Rio/BA/Santiago and maybe Montevideo.

If USA & Canada, May/June 2 years after last visit

What they will want to achieve for the first time:

Mexico City
San Jose, CR
Panama City
Bogata
Quito
Lima
Caracas

They also need to return to South Africa but this time Capetown (they should add this to AUS/NZ a short hop from Perth)

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: April 5, 2014 15:22

Stonesfan2146
They do both i think. Maybe

End Sept - Oct - America
Oct - South America
Oct - Nov. Australia

It`s all pure speculation of course, but the schedule mentioned above is way too tight IMO.

It`s true there is a big gap between the last European show (July 3rd) and the first Australian show (October 25th) - nobody knows what will happen between these two dates.

It could be anything from a US / Canada Tour in August / September (as they did many times before), South America (as rumored) or maybe they`ll stay on holiday until they do the re-schedulded Australia / NZ dates.

Maybe we should get the "Rumored Shows" thread back in action smileys with beer

But before discussing new concerts, the most important thing IMO is that Mick gets back on track as he`s surely going through a hard time at the moment. Good luck to him thumbs up

Cheers,
Kurt

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home