Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 127
Re: Europa Tour
Posted by: perks ()
Date: March 29, 2014 22:54

so nice, lucy you Jeroen

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 29, 2014 23:55

Here's my two cents, I think they will fit some dates say 8 of the USA just before Australia.

Re: Europa Tour
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 30, 2014 00:51

corriecas
yeah,ofcourse there will be rehearsals before the european tour
No, they wont play any rare , or obscure songs, just the hits and warhorses or whatever
Yes Brian Jones will be on stage again
No, there wont be a new album with new songs
yes, there will be a live album 2012-1014 with Mick Taylor on it
Yes, there will be a new tour in 2098

bye

Jeroen

Best one of the weekend!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 30, 2014 03:47

Have all the shows on sale sold out?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2014 04:42

Wroclaw
erikjjf
mickijaggeroo
Stockholm went within 13 minutes.

One newspaper said 30 minutes, another said 44 minutes.
But after an hour you could still order single tickets.

The newspapers never care about the small facts... this is why you have discussion boards like IORR (or for nay type of defined topic, its own discussion board/s).

We all know that the portion of tickets sold to people who actually intend to go the show is not even close to 100% of the tickets offered. The show would have been "sold out" also if tickets were offered in the normal way, but it would have taken days or even weeks. I think that the 2ndary market is something promoters must love - it helps them create the shock effect they want: I heard/read people say "What? XXX per ticket? I would have go to see them if it was less, but for this?" and when they heard the news about A, B and C gigs sold out in minutes, suddenly you hear them talking about getting tickets to show D... Come to think of it - this is not much different compared to how Apple IPhones are being presented into the market.

Love it? They absolutely depend on it.

Think about it. If you're a promoter and youve stumped up a huge amount of money to guarantee the Stones (lets say €4 million), you could face absolute financial ruin without a secondary market if the show is a poor seller. And thats a huge risk when you're obliged to price the tickets higher than pretty much any other act.

The fact that there are thousands of people buying the highest priced tickets for every show with the sole intention of re-selling them for profit takes most of the risk away from the promoter.

Theyve got their money back because the show is technically 'sold out' and the pressure on filling seats is passed to the wannabee scalpers or the broker sites.

Even if the venue ends up being half full because the likes of Viagogo cant shift 15,000 tickets, the promoter has still got the return on their investment.

At the end of the day, the promoter doesnt care who buys the tickets as long as they're sold, and the performer couldnt care less as long as they get paid. Win/win for them both. Not so much for the ordinary fan at the bottom of the food chain that has to play a two-month long game of 'chicken' with the scalpers and brokers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 04:42 by Gazza.

Date: March 30, 2014 04:55

BV, have all officially shows on sale 100% sold out? We must have complete sell outs IMO if there is any chance for US return as demand here was very low . We(US) had to reduce prices to fill venues of only 14-17 k. This was the first time the US failed the Stones in recent times. The $85 seats was personally humiliating to me as a fan who spends as much possible for premium seats. Looks like Europe will be less per ticket but off set by higher attendance. We must stop losing to acts like Macca ,Springsteen, & Bon Jovi. this is unacceptable!

VIENNA NOT SOLD OUT YET!!!!!!!!
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 30, 2014 05:24

GO TO EVENTIM.CZ AND TYPE IN ROLLING STONES QUITE A FEW SPARE SEATS STILL AVAILABLE PRINT TICKETS AT HOME SO THEREW IT IS GOOD NIGHT SEE YOU THERE.M

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 30, 2014 09:47

Brstonesfan
BV, have all officially shows on sale 100% sold out? We must have complete sell outs IMO if there is any chance for US return as demand here was very low . We(US) had to reduce prices to fill venues of only 14-17 k. This was the first time the US failed the Stones in recent times. The $85 seats was personally humiliating to me as a fan who spends as much possible for premium seats. Looks like Europe will be less per ticket but off set by higher attendance. We must stop losing to acts like Macca ,Springsteen, & Bon Jovi. this is unacceptable!

I don't understand this. You're humiliated because you want to spend as much as possible on VIP tickets?

(I don't understand why it's unacceptable, or even important, if other bands make more money, tbh.)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 30, 2014 12:18

bv
The B-stage was in place at Tokyo Dome and also at other shows in Asia. Mick use it as an extention of the stage. Lisa walk down there on Gimme Shelter, then joined by Mick. Keith and Ronnie join Mick down there on Miss You, and Keith takes a run down to the B-stage usually on Sympathy For The Devil. You will never see Charlie there but it is bringing the band i.e. Mick, Ronnie, Keith and Lisa closer to the crowd during the show.

Would't the B-stage be the perfect place for the introductions? At least for introducing Ronnie, Charlie and Keith? And even Mick!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 30, 2014 12:32

Aquamarine
Brstonesfan

I don't understand this. You're humiliated because you want to spend as much as possible on VIP tickets?

(I don't understand why it's unacceptable, or even important, if other bands make more money, tbh.)

For those who see music as a competitive sport, money is the way of keeping score.

Posted by: MaddOli ()
Date: March 30, 2014 14:31

For those who see music as a competitive sport, they can never call themselves true fans.

Since when has music been a competition?
Music is about one thing. MUSIC.

It keeps the world turning.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2014 14:34

Aquamarine
Brstonesfan

If you knew Joshy, like we know Joshy.... ;-)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 30, 2014 15:08

Pretty frustrating trying to get tickets for this tour. Tokyo was bad, but at least there were three shows. Stockholm and Paris seemed to sell out in a flash. Obviously, they could play additional shows, but I guess that's not going to happen, correct?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 30, 2014 15:49

drbryant
Obviously, they could play additional shows, but I guess that's not going to happen, correct?

Correct. There's no space in the tour schedule for additional shows, if Oslo is supposed to be the first show and Roskilde the last.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 30, 2014 16:16

Still no update on RS.COM. Strange.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 30, 2014 16:35

TooTough

This is interpreted by some as a mark of respect, which it may well be. Either that or they are perhaps waiting for a decision from Mick.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 30, 2014 16:52

drbryant
Pretty frustrating trying to get tickets for this tour. Tokyo was bad, but at least there were three shows. Stockholm and Paris seemed to sell out in a flash. Obviously, they could play additional shows, but I guess that's not going to happen, correct?

Yeah, it sure was frustrating and nerve wrecking and not good for my health, but.....................at least i could buy 2 GC . Keef side, tickets for Stockholm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah.

Jeroen

Posted by: pokerface2k7 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 18:40

Beast
TooTough

This is interpreted by some as a mark of respect, which it may well be. Either that or they are perhaps waiting for a decision from Mick.

Somehow I'm pretty sure that Mick has already made his decision. It would be quite a disaster for the Stones to cancel the European tour at this stage. I mean why would the RS management allow promoters to start selling 600,000+ tickeets worth millions of dollars just a few days after L'Wren's death if it wasn't absolutely sure that the shows would take place? Keep in mind that most of the shows that went on sale this week hadn't even been announced officially, so it's not like the RS couldn't have stopped the sales if they had wanted to. Clearly someone said "go ahead, Mick will be able to perform" and ok'ed the ticket sales. My sole concern is that maybe it wasn't Mick who made the decision but rather the management who sort of forced Mick into this because of the huge amounts of money that are at stake.
So the onl reason why we're still waiting for an official confirmation on RS.com is that they've halted promo because of this tragic event, which imo is entirely reasonable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 18:42 by pokerface2k7.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 30, 2014 19:47

Gazza
Aquamarine
Brstonesfan

If you knew Joshy, like we know Joshy.... ;-)

Thanks for this one, Gazza. Those words sounded strangely familiar.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: March 30, 2014 21:30

Brstonesfan

Pretty sad that some people actually think this way!

Date: March 30, 2014 21:34

corriecas
drbryant

Yeah, it sure was frustrating and nerve wrecking and not good for my health, but.....................at least i could buy 2 GC . Keef side, tickets for Stockholm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah.

Jeroen

I was able to get two as well, but was trying for 3. I thought about getting a VIP package but they are very expensive compared to other countries. Oh well, we have a couple of months.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2014 22:51

TooTough

Not really, if you think a litte bit.

Bjornulf

Date: March 30, 2014 23:16

Brstonesfan
The $85 seats was personally humiliating to me as a fan who spends as much possible for premium seats.

You haven't actually seen any shows other than on youtube, right? Much less from "premium seats".

Date: March 31, 2014 00:30

I have seen over 100 shows and usually pay 1500-3k a ticket depending on venue.
The pit packages I purchased were $1850 USD. Most expensive ticket was 5k for radio city and I recall $$3500 for a ticket to the MSG HBO show. Prior to 89, I had seen around 20 shows and never paid more than face as those were the general admission days and you just lined up or camped out to get a good seat or place on the field. Once the Stones started touring again in 89 , the premium seats were impossible for me to get without the secondary market. The VIP fan packages are great as well IMO.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 31, 2014 00:46

I'm thinking that the $1000+ seats that you buy are NOT that humiliating to the lucky people that got the $85 tickets smiling smiley

Date: March 31, 2014 03:56

True. But when you psy that amount and others are upgraded it is unfair IMO.

Date: March 31, 2014 09:14

Brstonesfan
The pit packages I purchased were $1850 USD. Most expensive ticket was 5k for radio city and I recall $$3500 for a ticket to the MSG HBO show. Prior to 89, I had seen around 20 shows and never paid more than face as those were the general admission days and you just lined up or camped out to get a good seat or place on the field. Once the Stones started touring again in 89 , the premium seats were impossible for me to get without the secondary market. The VIP fan packages are great as well IMO.

I can't imagine anyone with the resources to pay VIP package prices having the time or the mindset to be worrying about what others are paying. My younger sister and her friends saw the Stones in LA with the $85 tickets and I was happy for her. Resentment is the furthest thing from my mind in this situation, so I assumed you were trolling. Then again, my sense of self-worth isn't tied to what I can pay for tickets. I do like to brag that I pulled one of the $28.75 Beacon tickets on Ticketmaster, though.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 31, 2014 09:34

bv
TooTough

Not really, if you think a litte bit.

I´m thinking all the time. Do I get banned now?

I just can´t imagine of the RS.COM money making machine to stand still even for a second.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 31, 2014 09:42

Brstonesfan

Wow, you must have spent well over $100K on Stones tickets...not to mention travel expenses! That must be some kind of record. I was thinking of starting a thread asking fans what was their estimated total expense for Stones tickets over the years. I know exactly what mine is...and it's probably the lower than just about anyone on here.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 31, 2014 09:43

Despite the fact of available funds to buy such VIP Tickets it is also a game of risk or take. First of all I was not lucky to get those 85$ tickets, however I was very very happy for those having the chance to see the Stones even as close as the tonguepit. The VIP experience as some may call it, is not VIP for food and flashy meetings. It was a group of people we met who saved money for maybe even a very long time and holidays as well to do these experiences. Yes you met again the same Tonguepit VIPs during the US shows. I do know that I spend much to much money, but I said it already, I do not regret a cent. We met wonderful people waiting in line getting into the building during rehearsals, then on to the pit. Gradually we saw the arena filling up. The excitement was great and once again expensive and yes I am also a real fan.
For stadium shows the situation might be a bit different. And there might be now reason to buy such packages, as we know that the stage could be to high etc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home