Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 127
UK dates this summer ?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:23

Does anyone think there will be any shows in the UK this year ?

Re: UK dates this summer ?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:24

No.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:43

Indeed -> [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 25, 2014 05:12

Maybe in 2015, but never again to Glastonbury. If they are still around and performing in 2019 I could see a possible return to Hyde Park for the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Hyde Park gig. But that is really stretching it. It's one day at a time from here to the barn.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2014 10:33

Glastonbury is a one off and not many headline acts do it more than once.

The Stones gig there last summer would be hard to top if they were asked again.

Re: European Tour latest news: Oslo, Stockholm, Roskilde, Zurich, Lisbon and more confirmed
Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 25, 2014 11:12

The stones wont do Glastonbury again for sure.

Hyde Park I doubt too, even though Mick said he would like to do it again.

I'm guessing a Wembley show is more likely - it's been a while hasn't it?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 25, 2014 12:13

ThickerThanThieves
Maybe in 2015, but never again to Glastonbury. If they are still around and performing in 2019 I could see a possible return to Hyde Park for the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Hyde Park gig. But that is really stretching it. It's one day at a time from here to the barn.

Not in 2015. their crew will be touring with U2.
Jeroen

Re: European Tour latest news: Oslo, Stockholm, Roskilde, Zurich, Lisbon and more confirmed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2014 14:50

Madrid Spain and Tel Aviv Israel confirmed today. The tour is now complete. 14 shows.

Bjornulf

Date: March 25, 2014 15:48

bv
Madrid Spain and Tel Aviv Israel confirmed today. The tour is now complete. 14 shows.

Bjornulf, you clearly have an extensive knowledge about the Stones, and maybe even some inside info that some of us don't know about.

Given that the stones planned 14 dates in Australia/Asia and now 14 dates in Europe - whats next? Will there be any more "14" tour legs in your opinon?

14 shows in the US seems excessive given how many shows they played there last year. So maybe they will include Canada/South America into that fold?

Then there is the question of the UK, does that even fit in with any of this "14" stuff? If not are they really going to go all the way into next summer?
Although they did Glastonbury and 2 Hyde Park shows last year, it feels like they could definitely do more and bigger shows here (compared with the US we got very few shows, and Glastonbury tickets are bought before anyone even knows who is headlining - so not exactly an opporunity for fans).

I don't know much about the history of the Stones tours, but as they started in November 2012 it would be unlikely for them to go all the way into 2015 wouldn't it?

Just curious as to what their next move might be and how long this will go on for. Especially as Charlie has spoken about how he would be happy to retire, it would seem like he may not want to continue this type of extensive touring much longer.

I guess I'm being a little selfish ;-) I'm booked for Rome at the moment, but I may be interested in booking a second european date if its unlikely of any further UK shows.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 25, 2014 15:51

Sounds really exciting!! And is Very very good news,
especially for all of you who can make it to these shows!!

The Stones Roll On!!

PS
I imagine a cool graphic. A hard way 14 on a set of dice (showing two 7s)
and yes I know this is not a real thing... but still... Rolling a 14!!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:02

stereomanic
I guess I'm being a little selfish ;-) I'm booked for Rome at the moment, but I may be interested in booking a second european date if its unlikely of any further UK shows.

stereomanic - I'm similar to you. From the UK and currently have Rome tickets - and considering a second show (that I can't really afford!). I think it will be the law of sod....if I spend all my money going to a second European show, they'll do a UK date at some point....grinning smiley

But I'm seeing it as chance to have a mini-break abroad. Doing the tourist thing and also seeing the Stones.

It doesn't seem as if there is anything planned for the UK (obviously you never know what might happen in the future) so I personally wouldn't hold off in the hope of a UK date. If you want to do a second show, might be better heading to Europe? Good excuse for a mini-break?

Date: March 25, 2014 16:09

MarthaTuesday
stereomanic

stereomanic - I'm similar to you. From the UK and currently have Rome tickets - and considering a second show (that I can't really afford!). I think it will be the law of sod....if I spend all my money going to a second European show, they'll do a UK date at some point....grinning smiley

But I'm seeing it as chance to have a mini-break abroad. Doing the tourist thing and also seeing the Stones.

It doesn't seem as if there is anything planned for the UK (obviously you never know what might happen in the future) so I personally wouldn't hold off in the hope of a UK date. If you want to do a second show, might be better heading to Europe? Good excuse for a mini-break?

Indeed!!!! Only problem is I already have about 4 holidays already booked this year....I was stopping at 3 and then Circus Maximus in Rome came up and I thought....there is no way I'm missing that!!

The other problem is not many of the european dates land on a weekend so it also means time off work too which is quite sparse now.

As you say, I could book a second date, time off work, flights, etc etc and then wham, they stick on a few shows in the UK in July/August!!

But you are right, life is too short not to travel too. grinning smiley

Date: March 25, 2014 16:18

stereomanic
Indeed!!!! Only problem is I already have about 4 holidays already booked this year....I was stopping at 3 and then Circus Maximus in Rome came up and I thought....there is no way I'm missing that!!

The other problem is not many of the european dates land on a weekend so it also means time off work too which is quite sparse now.

As you say, I could book a second date, time off work, flights, etc etc and then wham, they stick on a few shows in the UK in July/August!!

But you are right, life is too short not to travel too. grinning smiley

Stones concert stress! I can relate to your dilemna. I've been agonising over what to do and which shows I should go to (I'm indecisive at the best of times).

I hope you decide what to do, and manage to sort out the necessary time off work - and get to catch another Stones show!

If I don't sell my Rome tickets, see you at Circo Massimo!
smileys with beer

Re: European Tour latest news: All 14 shows confirmed
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 25, 2014 17:47

Looking at the layouts: There is a b-stage again.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 25, 2014 17:53

Oh a storm is threatening
My Bank account today
If I dont get some cash flow
Oh yeah I'm gonna fade away...

Date: March 25, 2014 17:57

Wroclaw
Oh a storm is threatening
My Bank account today
If I dont get some cash flow
Oh yeah I'm gonna fade away...

Lol! I like that - good to smile about it rather than getting too stressed. smiling smiley

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: March 25, 2014 18:00

I don´t really understand all this show confirming and on the other hand we don´t know what will happen with Mick...

Date: March 25, 2014 18:05

varilla
I don´t really understand all this show confirming and on the other hand we don´t know what will happen with Mick...

I'm guessing those like me, who are travelling for shows, are taking the situation into account and accepting that if nothing else we'll have a trip abroad and do some tourist stuff.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 25, 2014 18:08

varilla

Most people return to work after suffering personal tragedies. The assumption here is that this would be the case too. And I mean assumption by people who make decisions.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:18

It is a strange moment in rolling stones history. Mick is grieving and on the otherhand the show must go on as we can witness with the confirmation of the european tour. What a surreal situation.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:22

bv, do you know if there will any more dates and cities, for example Athens, Zagreb, any balknan city, Prague, London, Dublin or any UK venue, a russian venue?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:49

There won't be any more show in Euope in 2014.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:51

14 On Fire. 14 shows. No more shows this summer of 2014. That's it. You have to travel to see the Stones. I have said this for two years now. Next year it might be too late. Go now. This is the list:

[www.iorr.org]

14 shows in the summer of 2014 ...

Bjornulf

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:52

Has anyone seen any pre-sale information for the shows that go on-sale on Friday ? I find it a bit worrying that none of the shows recently confirmed by the venues have yet appeared on rollingstones.com.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: March 25, 2014 21:08

bv
14 On Fire. 14 shows. No more shows this summer of 2014. That's it. You have to travel to see the Stones. I have said this for two years now. Next year it might be too late. Go now. This is the list:

[www.iorr.org]

14 shows in the summer of 2014 ...

smiling smiley

Good answer.

Yes, it seems that i have to travel.

Date: March 25, 2014 21:16

BV

What happened to Miami, Atlanta and Houston?

Still possible?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 21:17 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 26, 2014 00:18

jumpontopofmebaby
BV

What happened to Miami, Atlanta and Houston? Still possible?

It's unlikely they will be playing anywhere in North America this year...especially with the cancelled shows in Australia and New Zealand now to make up. Maybe in 2015? At this point nobody (here) knows the master plan...if there is one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 03:48 by TornAndFried.

Germany and the Netherlands
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: March 26, 2014 00:37

With this Euro tour do you guys have any idea whether they will play any more gigs in these two countries?
I'm guessing along with Canada that these are the countries the Stones are most popular in per capita. Seems odd they'd only play three shows collectively there (one only being an arena at that).
I'm thinking bout hopping a plane and have always wanted to see many cities in Germany but alas haven't.
I don't know if this schedule allows for more gigs. 14 again. Thought they would do a few more given what it costs to get on the road.
Anyways your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Re: Germany and the Netherlands
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2014 00:52

No -> [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:52

Cancellation of Australian / NZ gigs has probably made more US dates unlikely

I would imagine in the fall they'll do the cancelled dates and then maybe some of south america

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home