Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 20, 2014 15:22

Rokyfan
corriecas
michaelsavage
ThickerThanThieves
michaelsavage
They gotta play several shows in Mad Square Garden, their "home". Probably to close the tour

Hopefully in the late summer or early fall of 2015. And, I do understand where you are coming from when you call MSG "home" for the Stones. Others don't, but I do.

Cool. And it WILL happen!

i am not allowed to say anything, but it wont happen.
Jeroen

but . . . if people say it here enough times it will happen for sure, no? Stones back in the studio together, first studio LP since before half of IORR was born, massive world tour over the next, what 4 or 5 years. Why not?

yeah , i am all for it. would be great to have more new stuff from the Stones!!
and to see them the coming 10 years give great shows all over the world. that would be nice and great too. i agree with you all.

Jeroen

Date: May 20, 2014 20:19

I think were pretty much set up for another year. smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 21, 2014 06:03

corriecas
Rokyfan
corriecas
michaelsavage
ThickerThanThieves
michaelsavage
They gotta play several shows in Mad Square Garden, their "home". Probably to close the tour

Hopefully in the late summer or early fall of 2015. And, I do understand where you are coming from when you call MSG "home" for the Stones. Others don't, but I do.

Cool. And it WILL happen!

i am not allowed to say anything, but it wont happen.
Jeroen

but . . . if people say it here enough times it will happen for sure, no? Stones back in the studio together, first studio LP since before half of IORR was born, massive world tour over the next, what 4 or 5 years. Why not?

yeah , i am all for it. would be great to have more new stuff from the Stones!!
and to see them the coming 10 years give great shows all over the world. that would be nice and great too. i agree with you all.

Jeroen

Can anyone verify if I can count? The next show in MSG (or what it is called now) is No. 25 if I counted right. It has to happen.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: May 22, 2014 05:55

Depending on how they feel after the Nov 22nd gig at Auckland, I could see them showing up in the states for a few east coast quickies in December before Christmas. Something like 1 at MSG, 1 in Boston, 1 in Philly...1 in Toronto

Why? Too much money to be made. Those arenas are major cash cows for the stones. If they are available I think they'll take the dates and run with it

Date: May 22, 2014 07:32

chop
Depending on how they feel after the Nov 22nd gig at Auckland, I could see them showing up in the states for a few east coast quickies in December before Christmas. Something like 1 at MSG, 1 in Boston, 1 in Philly...1 in Toronto

Why? Too much money to be made. Those arenas are major cash cows for the stones. If they are available I think they'll take the dates and run with it

Nice thought, but at some point they have to get to work on the new album.

Is the Auckland gig of Nov. 22 the last of the Tour ?!?
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 18:37

...Or they'll continue in 2015 with South America or Usa East Coast?!In my opinion they'll break for some months and then they'll go in the studio to record a new album...Next gigs will be in the fall of 2015/spring 2016 with a new studio album with Mick taylor special guest...

Re: Is the Auckland gig of Nov. 22 the last of the Tour ?!?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 22, 2014 18:39

I'm praying for a S. America tour.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 22, 2014 18:45

And I´m praying for a new album. That would be more than just amazing. But new tours are always welcome; I also think that they will have a little break after the Auckland gig so they can record some new tracks and just relax a little bit. I think the new tour will start something around summer 2016 - if they will still be able to play live on stage (but I think they will play concerts for at least three more years).

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 19:31

I think that the next time they'll go on Tour, there'll be also a new studio album with it...Now, they're also very close each other...Spring 2016 is OK for others gigs and a new studio album!

Date: May 22, 2014 19:49

mailexile67
...Or they'll continue in 2015 with South America or Usa East Coast?!In my opinion they'll break for some months and then they'll go in the studio to record a new album...Next gigs will be in the fall of 2015/spring 2016 with a new studio album with Mick taylor special guest...

Yes, I think you pretty much nailed it. I can see South America the first half of 2015 with a return to the States and the UK in the second half. We should have a new album by late summer of 2015. By that time they will be inside of two years to their 55th anniversary. After that, all bets are off, but never count these guys out. They may achieve 60 years when it's all said and done.

Stones On Fire In A Blaze Of Glory hot smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 22, 2014 19:54

I love these threads, based on nothing but wishful thinking smoking smiley

Date: May 22, 2014 20:01

Koen
I love these threads, based on nothing but wishful thinking smoking smiley

You mean kinda like the lead up to the 50th anniversary tour? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 22, 2014 20:59

Kaisan
And I´m praying for a new album. That would be more than just amazing. But new tours are always welcome; I also think that they will have a little break after the Auckland gig so they can record some new tracks and just relax a little bit. I think the new tour will start something around summer 2016 - if they will still be able to play live on stage (but I think they will play concerts for at least three more years).

thumbs upthumbs up Three more years takes them right to the doorstep of their historic 55th anniversary.

Date: May 22, 2014 21:17

It may be a little early to start beating the war drums for 55. I am thinking maybe at the 2.5 mark from the 50th and to the 55th. That would be January 12, 2015. They should be about ready to embark on a South America tour about that time unless they decide to put that off until after another run through the States and the UK. Nevertheless, I think they will just keep going as long as they are able at pretty much the same pace they have been going at since their return in late October of 2012. If were really lucky we could see them achieve 60 years, but 55 would be more realistic.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 24, 2014 09:00

wrong thread

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-24 09:21 by SwayStones.

Date: May 24, 2014 10:57

Must say, after reading all the reports from the Oslo rehearsals, im getting very very happy and cant wait for my, the Stockholm concert to happen. Great times!!

Jeroen

Date: May 24, 2014 15:40

corriecas
Must say, after reading all the reports from the Oslo rehearsals, im getting very very happy and cant wait for my, the Stockholm concert to happen. Great times!!

Jeroen

It's called Stones Fever! It's spreading like wildfire!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 24, 2014 17:19

Is it "Mad Boar" lost its way............

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2014 16:50

ThickerThanThieves
mailexile67

Yes, I think you pretty much nailed it. I can see South America the first half of 2015 with a return to the States and the UK in the second half. We should have a new album by late summer of 2015. By that time they will be inside of two years to their 55th anniversary. After that, all bets are off, but never count these guys out. They may achieve 60 years when it's all said and done.

If they achieve a 60th anniversary tour, I'll be too old to go!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 25, 2014 20:05

mailexile67
I think that the next time they'll go on Tour, there'll be also a new studio album with it...Now, they're also very close each other...Spring 2016 is OK for others gigs and a new studio album!

CAN SEE THAT TOO...BUT DON'T THINK WE NEED TO EXPECT A 20 SONG ALBUM. IF THEY FEEL THAT THEY HAVE A GREAT 6 SONG EP THEN DON'T BE ASHAMED TO PUT IT OUT. DOOM AND GLOOM/ ONE MORE SHOT WAS GREAT AND D & G SEEMS TO HAVE WON A PERMANENT PLACE IN THE SETLIST. SORRY CAPS LOCK STUCK...NOT SHOUTING

Date: May 25, 2014 20:39

well, i certainly dont think that Doom and one more shot were great. they were hastily put together for another release and they are nothing compared to their other songs. at least, thats my opinion.

if they release some new songs, make sure they be good Jagger.

Jeroen

Date: May 25, 2014 20:51

treaclefingers
ThickerThanThieves
mailexile67

I just hope I am alive! Certainly we will get a DVD, although I hope they have parted ways with Eagle Rock by then. No 50th anniversary box set in sight yet. Man did they ever blow that golden opportunity.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 25, 2014 23:48

I can hardly imagine. Tomorrow they will start again. What a great day!

Date: May 26, 2014 00:09

What blows me away is that it is actually mid way through the year 2014 - nearly two years from their 50th birthday, and they are still at it. Many thought that they were done in August of 2007. I really believe Keith when he says they are going to keep going until the wheels fall off. Why not? They are performing as good as ever with the added bonus of having Mick Taylor on board! What else could we ask for? Well, maybe a new album, but that's about it. As far as I am concerned anything past Glastonbury and Hyde Park last summer is just the cherry on the sundae.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2014 03:42

ThickerThanThieves
treaclefingers
ThickerThanThieves
mailexile67

I just hope I am alive! Certainly we will get a DVD, although I hope they have parted ways with Eagle Rock by then. No 50th anniversary box set in sight yet. Man did they ever blow that golden opportunity.

with the 60th it will be a diamond opportunity though.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 26, 2014 05:55

Today!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 26, 2014 11:19

treaclefingers

That, in many ways, is an extremely funny remark imo. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: May 27, 2014 15:54

Nominate Rock In Rio’s Favourite Stones Song

The Rolling Stones will play Lisbon’s Rock In Rio festival for the first time, this Thursday 29th May. To celebrate the festival, the band are asking fans to nominate their favourite Stones song.

Nominations will close tomorrow, when voting will open for the top six songs. The band will play the winner on stage on Thursday.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Please nominate Under My Thumb or other pre-Sticky Fingers song!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:09

BJPortugal

The Rolling Stones will play Lisbon’s Rock In Rio festival for the first time, this Thursday 29th May. To celebrate the festival, the band are asking fans to nominate their favourite Stones song.

Nominations will close tomorrow, when voting will open for the top six songs. The band will play the winner on stage on Thursday.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Please nominate Under My Thumb or other pre-Sticky Fingers song!!!

smileys with beer

I voted : If You Can't Rock Me (Portugal)

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 27, 2014 22:55

BJPortugal

[www.rollingstones.com]

MONKEY MAN smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home