Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 122 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 and on - dates and more
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 26, 2014 17:31

skyhawk
Aquamarine
I can't possibly afford it, I don't know anyone there, my Spanish sucks, but I've already got my heart set on Buenos Aires. confused smiley

Exactly my thoughts .......confused smiley

I'm having similar thoughts about trying to get to Stockholm or Werchter (and at this stage, flights and hotels aren't cheap), or bringing my trip to visit my brother forward and catching one of the Australian shows. I really shouldn't spend the money and it's not the best timing but...

It would be great (and cheaper for me) to see them in the UK again - but I've developed a taste for travelling. It's such a good excuse to get to see some new places.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2014 19:32

Martha,

Ryannair do a good service from Stansted to Stockholm Skavsta. To cut costs Stockholm has many good, clean hostels. I would heartily reccommend a Scandinavian visit - I was in Oslo and loved it despite its high prices. I even met a local man called Bjornulf at the final rehearsals at the Telenor and he very kindly gave me,Crawdaddy and 2 others a lift into Oslo Centre afterwards cool smiley Bjornulf I'm the Scottish one if you remember doing that.

Concerts (and everything else) in Scandinavia are generally very well organised orderly affairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 26, 2014 19:51

Thanks, Grzegorz67.

I would love to visit Scandinavia! I originally wanted to go to Roskilde - it's actually on my birthday and I can't think of a better way of celebrating than seeing the Stones! But Stockholm's looking tempting. Especially as it's really not going to be possible for me to make Werchter now - I've been trying to rearrange things today but it's just too short notice.

I'll check out Ryanair. I think I've left it too late for cheap flights but it's worth double-checking.

I don't mind hostels but because of my dry eye syndrome, I probably would prefer a private bathroom (I have to spend time doing a special eye bathe thing everyday). But perhaps I'll manage in a shared bathroom.

I haven't ever met BV - but might have walked past him...I noticed he mentioned in his Rome report that he stayed near Termini, which is also where I stayed.

Maybe I'll see you in Stockholm - with a bit of luck and a lot of rearranging!

Date: June 26, 2014 20:12

From my 2nd row spot in Pelouse Or in Paris (bought on the bus on the way in bizarrely lucky circumstances) I saw him pacing around the VIP Pit smiling and saying Hello to lots of people while we waited for the Stones to come on. The VIP pit in Paris was very sparsely filled at the back while there was the usual argy bargy and elbowing in Or to gain just a few extra inches.

I'm going out on the 6am flight on Sunday which means 1a m coach from Oxford to Stansted - gulp

Another point about Stockholm is that they've already anounced that the roof will be closed whereas rain is expected in Werchter, though a rainy Stones gig is fun. I was at the famous show at the Maliveld in the Hague,NL on Bridges to Babylon in 1998 and it bucketed down all show but the whole 86,000 crowd was laughing in the mud.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 26, 2014 20:38

I'm glad you got a good spot in Paris.

I don't envy you your 1am coach! Or even a 6am flight... Sure it will be worth it for the Stones however.

Just checked and Ryanair are now charging £220 for a return to Stockholm! If I go, I guess I'll have to forget cheap flights. I might as well go with BA for £210 using some avios points I've collected.

I really shouldn't spend the money and shouldn't take more time off work. And my brother's leaving for Australia (emigrating there) on 8th July but I am so tempted. I'll make my mind up by tomorrow, I suppose.

Date: June 26, 2014 20:50

Not only did I get a good spot - I stood with my long time friend and his son who live in Cambridgethumbs up I unfortunately had a shoulder joust with a local to my left who was trying to make space for his girlfriend to his left (by pushing me, an innocent party to his right) but I refused to cave even though he was much bigger and younger and he eventually backed down.>grinning smiley< You don't solve problems by creating problems for innocent bystanders...

My flight there was £20 1-waywinking smiley However, Skavsta is 60 miles from Stockholm so I'll have to get a bus from there. BA could be a very good option as it'll go to the main Airport nearer the City and also fly out from Heathrow T5.

The 1am coach and 6am flight doesn't trouble me 1 iota. I'm unperturbed by travelling rough :-) All part of life's experience cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 12:17 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 26, 2014 23:56

Great to hear, Gregor! I had one of those guys right behind you in Oslo, but eventually (after a good silent wrestling match) he went to try his luck elsewhere smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 27, 2014 00:12

MarthaTuesday

Just checked and Ryanair are now charging £220 for a return to Stockholm! If I go, I guess I'll have to forget cheap flights. I might as well go with BA for £210 using some avios points I've collected.

I really shouldn't spend the money and shouldn't take more time off work. And my brother's leaving for Australia (emigrating there) on 8th July but I am so tempted. I'll make my mind up by tomorrow, I suppose.

Martha, I see a another great pre-show adventure dawning. smiling smiley

Going to your brother in Australia seems a good thing to me, especially if you go to a RS concert there with a much smaller crowd instead of the massive masses in Europe. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your decision!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 27, 2014 03:26

MarthaTuesday

I really shouldn't spend the money and shouldn't take more time off work.

We can always have money and work, but we can never have a Stones concert everyday. If you can go to this concert, go! winking smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 27, 2014 10:38

Cristiano Radtke
MarthaTuesday

I really shouldn't spend the money and shouldn't take more time off work.

We can always have money and work, but we can never have a Stones concert everyday. If you can go to this concert, go! winking smiley

Thank you for these words Cristiano. I was in two minds whether to go to Belgium today due to the long travel time/weather. But it's the Stones. I'm now 100% going.

Date: June 27, 2014 12:06

DandelionPowderman
Great to hear, Gregor! I had one of those guys right behind you in Oslo, but eventually (after a good silent wrestling match) he went to try his luck elsewhere smiling smiley

Hi Bard!

I definitely felt some jostling going on behind me during the show and noticed the security guys shining their torches into the crowd just behind me, several times and shouting at some people. I thought the security were very strong and organised at the Telenor, unlike Hyde Park....angry smiley I also remember a short blonde girl charging in and trying to get to the rail.

I still have great, great memories of Oslo - of my 20 lifetime shows it was my best for meeting and hanging out with other fans by a long way.

I leave for Stockholm tomorrow night and am in GC so hopefully no jostling. Gigs (and everything else!) in Nordic Countries generally seem to be much better organised.

Enjoy Roskilde and hope you get a good spot,

Gregor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 12:18 by grzegorz67.

Tour end ?
Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 27, 2014 06:15

Seems theres only 3 shows left on the schedule - over about a week.
I wonder whats next ?.
Its too close to add new dates and a summer tour finishing in july early is strange with still good weather potential for outdoor stuff..
Anyone know whats on the cards after the last show ?.
Couple of months in studio ? Lol.
It seems over too soon and the guys dont look worn out with this current stint. Im surprised there wasnt a token British outdoor stadium gig.

Dough

Re: Tour end ?
Date: June 27, 2014 06:17

Probably better to ask what are the rumours for after the last gig

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 27, 2014 07:25

They've still got their make-up dates for Australia and New Zealand--that was the original "14 On Fire" schedule. These will come later in the year.

After that, who knows? They've been active as a touring unit for 2 years now, and it's unusual for them to work for more than 2 years at a time. Then again, as Charlie noted, they are no longer at an age where they can afford to take 5 years off in between bouts of touring....

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 27, 2014 07:29

DoughboyUK
Seems theres only 3 shows left on the schedule - over about a week.
I wonder whats next ?.
Its too close to add new dates and a summer tour finishing in july early is strange with still good weather potential for outdoor stuff..
Anyone know whats on the cards after the last show ?.
Couple of months in studio ? Lol.
It seems over too soon and the guys dont look worn out with this current stint.
Dough
well, it looks like the next thing is gonna be the
rescheduled australian dates? you should stick to your
commitments, even if recording sessions for a new album
should come in the way. you could also do those in australia,
just rent back your original mobile studio! anyway, if we look
at the energy level the european fans brought to the recent
shows, the logical next step shall be to move this show to
Brasilia and Argentina! i would pay for a flight and live
there for a few months. even as a poor guy, i could afford it!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2014 07:40

Date: June 27, 2014 07:40

Its good points here. The break between now and when the makeup dates happen will leave them in an interesting time..they cant do nothing as theyll be rusty for the start of the reschedule. They wont want to just rehearse. Its a very promising time. They know the keith issues are mostly behind as hes proved hes still got some gas in the tank.
Im looking forward to the next few months actually.
Theres gonna be the possibility of some quicky exclusive dates maybe in uk.
I think they are still hungry. This tour has been mostly successful and well received

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2014 09:37

I'm glad it's over. Now there'll be a break and maybe they'll release something vintage like the Sticky Fingers with bonus tracks. Wouldn't you imagine they'll just fly off to the different corners of the world like they always do? What's Cricket season in England? Isn't that what Charlie likes?

I don't know about making an album. As long as suckers keep paying the big bucks for them to be a jukebox, and they manage a reasonable facsimile of the band that stocked that jukebox, then why make a record? It's an awful lot of pressure. By the time it gets made and released it will be 10 years since A Bigger Bang. Who knows. If they really want to do it, do it now, hot from the road.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 27, 2014 09:43

DoughboyUK
Its good points here. The break between now and when the makeup dates happen will leave them in an interesting time..they cant do nothing as theyll be rusty for the start of the reschedule. They wont want to just rehearse. Its a very promising time. They know the keith issues are mostly behind as hes proved hes still got some gas in the tank.
Im looking forward to the next few months actually.
Theres gonna be the possibility of some quicky exclusive dates maybe in uk.
I think they are still hungry. This tour has been mostly successful and well received

Only time will tell. Keef has gas in his tank. Nice wording and I will use this one.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 27, 2014 09:46

Micks going to the World Cup which will take him through to mid July. I think they all deserve a break before the OZ dates anyway. It could be an interesting 2015 after all if the rumours are to be believed.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 11:24

It would be great if they managed to do one more studio album. Given their experience, the way they're playing live these days. Imagine what someone like Rick Rubin could pull out of them.

I know some people like Bigger Bang - which could feasibly be their last studio effort (not counting D&G/ OMS), but to me it's a more of a whimper.

Come on guys - you can do it!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 27, 2014 11:59

stonehearted
They've still got their make-up dates for Australia and New Zealand--that was the original "14 On Fire" schedule. These will come later in the year.

Yes : a short "farewell" down-under tour, then a short "farewell" South American tour in 2015... then they discover they love whta they do so much can't call it quits so they record a new double album and they announce a 80-shows tour of the US for 2016! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 12:42

stonehearted

After that, who knows? They've been active as a touring unit for 2 years now, and it's unusual for them to work for more than 2 years at a time. Then again, as Charlie noted, they are no longer at an age where they can afford to take 5 years off in between bouts of touring....

.....ACTIVE as a touring outfit for more than 2 years now?

ACTIVE???? Really, I love, LOVE The Stones, but the few dozen gigs they have done over 2 years is not really active, if you get my drift. And I am not NOT critisising them, at this stage of their careers its a beautiful thing that they are still playing gigs. But they are not ACTIVE. Springsteen is ACTIVE.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 27, 2014 12:44

please come back to China,Macau or Hong Kong again

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: TurkuStonesFan ()
Date: June 27, 2014 13:24

I just wanted to offer this possibility.

It was noted that Mick will head to the World Cup in Brazil.

This makes sense to me given his family duties in Brazil and his trip to South Africa four years ago. Could this open the door for business meetings regarding some South American shows in late summer/September or just after the Oz dates?

I could only see them playing shows in Brazil and Argentina with perhaps Chile and Peru. All other countries in South America pose high security risks at the moment. Would like to join friends in Venezuala for a show their but too dangerous for all concerned.

Anyway, with three shows to go and Oz on the schedule they are not done yet but I don't think there will be shows after 2014.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2014 13:55

probaby south america Feb-march 2015, south africa may 2015, UK and Amsterdam Ziggodome Summer 2015.

Sticky fingers reissue in September2014 and DVD Tour Box in december 2014

Jeroen

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:58

dcba
stonehearted

Yes : a short "farewell" down-under tour, then a short "farewell" South American tour in 2015... then they discover they love whta they do so much can't call it quits so they record a new double album and they announce a 80-shows tour of the US for 2016! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 15:37

...BV opinion about the possible end of this Tour and the eventuality of new recording for a possible new album would be very appreciate!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 27, 2014 15:43

Roll73
It would be great if they managed to do one more studio album. Given their experience, the way they're playing live these days. Imagine what someone like Rick Rubin could pull out of them.

I know some people like Bigger Bang - which could feasibly be their last studio effort (not counting D&G/ OMS), but to me it's a more of a whimper.

The title suggests literally the absolute opposite.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:26

corriecas
probaby south america Feb-march 2015, south africa may 2015, UK and Amsterdam Ziggodome Summer 2015.

Sticky fingers reissue in September2014 and DVD Tour Box in december 2014

Jeroen

Then 3 new clear vinyl releases from ABKCO, England's Newest Hitmakers, OOOH's and BtB.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 122 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home