Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:38

Life goes on and on gatting harder and harder.....to overcome a tragic loss you need to do something, work or whatever. To only sit and grief doesn't make things easier and it doesn't make people becoming alife again.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:39

The posts that the tour should be canceled and that it would be stained by the tragedy don't make much sence to me. It is entirely up to Mick to decide and even if he decided to play Perth (which he obviously didn't), I can't see how could that mean that he would loose the respect of people, as someone suggested.

To throw oneself intensively into work is the best therapy in such situations for a lot of people. Of course Mick's work is to be an entertainer and the fact that he should get up on the stage now and do the entertainment is problematic, it is not like going to an office. But it is his work and for Mick is just the same, as being a lawyer, a policemen or a driver for someone else.

If he decides to cancel one date, it is his right and it is fine. If he decides to cancel the whole tour, it is his right and it is fine. If on the other hand he decides to do even more gigs, it is his right and it is fine, I can't see any disrespect in that.

Those who think that the only right thing to do is to cancel all dates - what shall Mick do then? Sit at home and think about what happened for the rest of his days? Even if we are only talking about the next 3 or 4 months - shall he sit at home and just think about what happened?

If we are talking purely about respect/disrespect in this kind of situation- it is not that different from 2007 when there was this tragedy in Poland and the Stones' gig was discussed whether it was appropriate under the circumstances. They did the gig and I don't think anybody took it as disrespect to anyone. It is always a question of how you handle it.

Again, it is entirely up to Mick, there are many possible scenarios and to say / write what shall be done not to be disrespectful is actually disrespectful towards Mick.

Date: March 18, 2014 12:39

Prancing on a stage just might not be it, though...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:46

Yes, Dandelion, as I wrote, the fact that Mick is an entertainer makes it really different than if he had any other job right now, but it is not that different in a longer perspective really - just in the sence that he has to do something. Again, I don't mean to suggest absolutely anything, it is up to Mick to make the decision.

Date: March 18, 2014 12:46

I got it, Happy smiling smiley

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:50

He doesn't have to prance. We wan't to see the Stones the way they are and feel at the moment. No puppets. So if they play the rest of the AUS/NZ shows, they could have a totally different vibe or different songs because some might be inappropriate. But that's no problem - it's still the Rolling Stones. And yes: working pain off is the best therapy!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:55

Happy24
The posts that the tour should be canceled and that it would be stained by the tragedy don't make much sence to me. It is entirely up to Mick to decide and even if he decided to play Perth (which he obviously didn't), I can't see how could that mean that he would loose the respect of people, as someone suggested.

To throw oneself intensively into work is the best therapy in such situations for a lot of people. Of course Mick's work is to be an entertainer and the fact that he should get up on the stage now and do the entertainment is problematic, it is not like going to an office. But it is his work and for Mick is just the same, as being a lawyer, a policemen or a driver for someone else.

If he decides to cancel one date, it is his right and it is fine. If he decides to cancel the whole tour, it is his right and it is fine. If on the other hand he decides to do even more gigs, it is his right and it is fine, I can't see any disrespect in that.

Those who think that the only right thing to do is to cancel all dates - what shall Mick do then? Sit at home and think about what happened for the rest of his days? Even if we are only talking about the next 3 or 4 months - shall he sit at home and just think about what happened?

If we are talking purely about respect/disrespect in this kind of situation- it is not that different from 2007 when there was this tragedy in Poland and the Stones' gig was discussed whether it was appropriate under the circumstances. They did the gig and I don't think anybody took it as disrespect to anyone. It is always a question of how you handle it.

Again, it is entirely up to Mick, there are many possible scenarios and to say / write what shall be done not to be disrespectful is actually disrespectful towards Mick.

Totally agree.
I think there will be European Tour for sure.
The Aussie gigs is an other thing.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 18, 2014 13:19

News report of Adelaide show. Can see stage being built

[tenplay.com.au]

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 18, 2014 13:33

Stoneage
I do hope people understand, while asking for this or that city, that there is a very big chance there won't be a European tour at all...

Yes, of course. I understand that. The reason I asked was that the schedule of rumoured concerts was updated today.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: March 18, 2014 14:02

Stoneage
I do hope people understand, while asking for this or that city, that there is a very big chance there won't be a European tour at all...

agree with you.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 18, 2014 14:46

Happy24
Yes, Dandelion, as I wrote, the fact that Mick is an entertainer makes it really different than if he had any other job right now, but it is not that different in a longer perspective really - just in the sence that he has to do something. Again, I don't mean to suggest absolutely anything, it is up to Mick to make the decision.

But then again, maybe that kind of job might be even the best possible one to deal with the sorrow. LIke L'Wren once said - and we all know - Jagger the performer is a very different animal than the private one. Does she say something to the effect that 'totally different person'? For those two hours on stage he probably could get rif of the private person that suffers and take all the positive vibes he can get from his interaction with a crowd who adores him. That is, like Keith has said, a kind of dope. Who knows, might even help even that kind of pain better than many other thing.

I don't think there are any different concerts - Jagger acting differently, more seriously, different type of songs, etc - in the horizon because I don't think there are different gears in Jagger's engine than what he does now, and what he has done all his life as a performer, 'prancing around', because that is what Mick Jagger, the performer is.

But like you said, it is all up to him, and we should and we shall respect any decision he makes.

- Doxa

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 18, 2014 14:52

Major announcement expected at 10:30 EST, about 90 minutes from now ....

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:01

Well, isn't the saying The Show Must Go On?

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:02

tatters

Where does it come from now??

Date: March 18, 2014 15:27

kleermaker
Well, isn't the saying The Show Must Go On?

What happened to your tactfulness, kleerie...

First things first, imo.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:34

I remember when John Entwistle died and how flabbergasted some of us were when less than 48 hours later it was announced that (with only a slight delay) the tour would go on. But to the Who, John was only a much-beloved co-worker. This is a whole other kind of situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 15:56 by tatters.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:37

BV, I know you are very busy at this moment and it may be the wrong time to ask now, but could you give us some information on that rumored Zurich date you just added to the list, please? How probable is the date and / or could it maybe replace Vienna? I would be a bit surprised if they played both Switzerland and Austria.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:38

only for very hard fans,
Circo Massimo, Rome
Sici

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:47

Sici
only for very hard fans,
Circo Massimo, Rome
Sici

..why very hard fans ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:49

island01
tatters

+1

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 18, 2014 15:55

quote : austrianstones ()

Terrible hot sun, caos in all zone,few shops to eat and expansive with turist, difficult access to the area, problems for closed payment area, too much turists,no toilets....
Sici

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 15:58 by Sici.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:14

Sici
quote : austrianstones ()

Terrible hot sun, caos in all zone,few shops to eat and expansive with turist, difficult access to the area, problems for closed payment area, too much turists,no toilets....
Sici
I do agree that the place is hard and hot. But the Stones in Rome is something special. In 2007 we had quite a pleaasant weekend at the temperature did not rise to high and there was a mild breeze which made the city agreable.

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 18, 2014 16:19

island01
tatters

Would tatters care to explain?

Date: March 18, 2014 16:31

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 09:45 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:15

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:21

Every paper in the UK has Jaggers face on the front of it today. Some of the headlines are pretty sickening tbh. That's the UK gutter press for you I guess.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:29

petewasbristol
Every paper in the UK has Jaggers face on the front of it today. Some of the headlines are pretty sickening tbh. That's the UK gutter press for you I guess.

I really hoped that wouldn't be the case - the nasty headlines - but did suspect it would happen sadly.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 17:53

"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.

We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.

She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me.

I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.

I will never forget her,
Mick"

from RollingStones.com Facebook

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 17:56 by 1962.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 18, 2014 18:16

tatters

Tatters, what is your source for this?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2014 19:44

Not a good one apparently!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2181
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home