Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:22

andrea66
I wrote this morning to Rome organizer: 78 euro is the price. All standings, they Are not gonna build any seats. That's it. It is ridiculous this pre- sale for Amex only 'cause in italy almost nobody has american express. Great..

No FOS in Rome?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:28

MAF
General layout for Berlin

[www.waldbuehne-berlin.de]

Thanks, looks like a nice setup, no bad seat in the house,eh!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:32

Very small FOS area. No wonder it costs and arm and a leg.

Really no bad seat in the house.

Re: Germany Concerts confirmed
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:36

The Sicilian
Why are they calling them "one-off" shows?

most likely a typo – should have been "rip-off" shows

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:51

andrea66
I wrote this morning to Rome organizer: 78 euro is the price. All standings, they Are not gonna build any seats. That's it. It is ridiculous this pre- sale for Amex only 'cause in italy almost nobody has american express. Great..

Well that is the point. Amex want you to get... amex!!!

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2014 15:52

gotdablouse
UPDATE - strike that, it did happen and it was on November 29th, 2005 : [www.iorr.org]

The Rolling Stones stayed up late in Dallas, USA to do a 40 minutes press conference broadcasted live in Europe at 8am CET this morning. The European Tour dates for 2006 were announced. Updates, reports and confirmed dates will follow here shortly on the European Tour Dates pages Also see the IORR Euro News updates.
Can't find anything on YouTube so I guess I'll have to go looking for my recording...

Found it and now uploaded : [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 15:52 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:02

Is it fixed that there will be only 2 concerts in Germany?

Date: March 17, 2014 16:05

Based on the "one-off" language of the PR ("will play a two one-off shows in Germany in June" ), it would sound like it, yes, besides bv has stated about a dozen times now that he feels pretty confident that this what the tour itinerary will look like : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 16:06 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:13

No. 'One off' means they wont play two shows at the same venue.

'Two one off shows in Germany' is a contradiction if it means 'just two shows in Germany'. If they were 'one offs' there wouldnt be two of them!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:15

Yes but it seems a bit odd that there were talks about 15 dates as bv stated sometimes. So did they change plans to 14 concerts or will they surprise us with the Hamburg gig maybe?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:16

bv
MRAmandaJones
Why no Arena in Europe?
Are we too poor for the Stones?
Regarding the fidelity of fans of some european countries, I think that they deserve more than another stadium tour, with a lowcoast stage and a best of set list.
I specify that's it's not a critic of the actual live performances of the band (according to those who were lucky enough to see them, it's seems that they're on "Fire").

They want to satisfy 50,000 rather than 20,000. That is why.

No, they want our money.
Jeroen

Date: March 17, 2014 16:19

I would expect a show in Frankfurt and/or Munich but I don't know what the problem is.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:20

bv
MRAmandaJones
Why no Arena in Europe?
Regarding the fidelity of fans of some european countries, I think that they deserve more than another stadium tour, with a lowcoast stage and a best of set list.
I specify that's it's not a critic of the actual live performances of the band (according to those who were lucky enough to see them, it's seems that they're on "Fire").

I can understand this point of view.

But my last souvenir of the Stones is Stade de France 2007, with 30.000 empty seats. A little bit sad.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:20

Hope to score a good ticket for Berlin.
Think Waldbühne could be a very special place to see The Stones.
Did anyone attend the show in 1998? How was it?
My only 'worry' is that I have feeling people will sit down throughout the show,
except for that little standing pit of course.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 16:21 by The Worst..

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:28

bv
I would expect a show in Frankfurt and/or Munich but I don't know what the problem is.

Would that mean that they would play that show in July? As I see it, there are only three spots left in June: 1, 16 and perhaps 30th, and we are waiting for three shows in June (Stocholm, Dublin and Vienna) right?

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:29

Has anyone heard anymore about a Dublin show or the Paris one?
I live in the UK but have given up hope of a UK show.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:30

Jos
Is there any chance the Stones may add some concerts in July, say ziggo Dome?

No, Mick will be in Brazil watching the semi finals and final of the world cup, so the tour must be over by July 3 or 4.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:32

Anyone got any ideas on when the most likely dates of the London shows will be? I'm hoping first week of July as usual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 16:33 by Silver Dagger.

Date: March 17, 2014 16:34

They'll bunker up for the entire month, playing in the park, Mike grinning smiley

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:34

I believe there won't be London show. They had enough last 2 years.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:35

If England win the Football World Cup in Brazil,they may play Wembley Stadium as a one off special soon after the team get home.
One problem is that England will be lucky if they get to semi-finals.

I do hope I'm wrong. eye rolling smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 16:35

Gazza
No. 'One off' means they wont play two shows at the same venue.

'Two one off shows in Germany' is a contradiction if it means 'just two shows in Germany'. If they were 'one offs' there wouldnt be two of them!

Agreed, it's contradictory, in fact "one-off" would normally be used for a "one time" event, in the case of the Stones, one concert, like the Ottawa 1979 concert I suppose.

Still that "strong" language would seem to indicate that Germany is only getting two concerts, not that they'll be held to that PR if a German promoter wants to throw €4.5 million at them.

--------------

Date: March 17, 2014 16:50

MRAmandaJones
bv
MRAmandaJones
Why no Arena in Europe?

But my last souvenir of the Stones is Stade de France 2007, with 30.000 empty seats. A little bit sad.

2014 - 2007 = 7 years. It will be sold out. Just like Tokyo Dome. Just like the rest of Europe.

Still. If you have 80,000 - 30,000 = 50,000 at STF it is still approx 35,000 more than you would get into Bercy. So what is the alternative for one, and one show only, in France?

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2014 17:11

bv
MRAmandaJones
bv
MRAmandaJones
Why no Arena in Europe?

2014 - 2007 = 7 years. It will be sold out. Just like Tokyo Dome. Just like the rest of Europe.

Still. If you have 80,000 - 30,000 = 50,000 at STF it is still approx 35,000 more than you would get into Bercy. So what is the alternative for one, and one show only, in France?

Because there would be only 14 shows in Europe, there's no doubt that there will be a lot of people from other countries (Belgium, UK, Germany, Switzerland etc.). But, I have some doubts about the "french" demand.
But, I hope for everyone (Stones, audience and... promoter) that the concert would be a great experience with a large audience in a good mood.

Alternative? Place d'Armes in front the Château de Versailles. That would have been a great, great event!!!

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:11

MartinB
andrea66

No FOS in Rome?

I was wondering that too - will there be a FOS in Rome?

Also, am I wrong in thinking that they won't put all the tickets up for sale during the presale? Leaving some for those of us without Amex? I hope so anyway!

My typical luck so far...wasn't around to go online yesterday as I had a family event... and it seems some Werchter tickets became available! (although I was hoping for Golden Circle and think those were GA). eye rolling smiley I have to laugh (rather than cry)...it's all so familiar now, this getting tickets stress!

Think fate is telling me to go for Rome. Especially as it seems most places to stay in Leuven are now booked up. I can't do the earlier dates of the tour. And I've never been before to Rome so think I'll do a few days there. And then perhaps head to Madrid...

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:12

Planning to go to the Rome gig, as I have a 2 week vacation in Europe right after that. Very nervous about getting tickets... confused smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:17

Powerage5
Planning to go to the Rome gig, as I have a 2 week vacation in Europe right after that. Very nervous about getting tickets... confused smiley

It is so stressful isn't it! I'm particularly nervous about booking a hotel and flight without having tickets in hand - but think I'll just go ahead and risk it before prices go up.

Date: March 17, 2014 17:19

Powerage5

In 2003, a friend of mine bought easily in the street a ticket at normal price for Bercy (15.000 seats) just 2 hours before the show...
No reason to worry for a show with 50.000 or 60.000 tickets.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:20

Powerage5

Seriously? You could get several hundred thousand people in that place.

You'll never have much problem getting tickets for an outdoor show. And especially not a huge event like that.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:33

bv

Don't think so after the disaster back in 2007.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home