Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8081828384858687888990...LastNext
Current Page: 85 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:13

The Stones are not important now. Can you imagine Mick singing after this informati on. Probably he is blame himself now about this tragedy. He needs time now.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:13

Program
I hate to be the first to mention the C word. But I think we may have to get used it. Status of the European concerts on the IORR list could very well soon be changed to "CANCELLED". Mick Jagger's girl friend "found hanging" according to [metro.co.uk]

As of right now the Perth show is still scheduled to go on. If they play the rest of the Oceania shows why would you think they would cancel shows that begin 8 weeks away?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:17

It's the middle of the night in Perth - no decisions until at least the morning I would think

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:18

OneHourPhoto
Program
I hate to be the first to mention the C word. But I think we may have to get used it. Status of the European concerts on the IORR list could very well soon be changed to "CANCELLED". Mick Jagger's girl friend "found hanging" according to [metro.co.uk]

As of right now the Perth show is still scheduled to go on. If they play the rest of the Oceania shows why would you think they would cancel shows that begin 8 weeks away?

As of right now it's 4.15 a.m. in Perth - nothing will get announced one way or another until Australia is awake.

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:23

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 22:39 by Program.

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:25

I don't understand. Why would he loose anyones respect?

Date: March 17, 2014 22:29

Green Lady
OneHourPhoto
Program

As of right now it's 4.15 a.m. in Perth - nothing will get announced one way or another until Australia is awake.

I understand the time difference.

If Mick was to fly home, he would be in the air right now due to the lengthy flight time, thus word would get out of this and the postponement of the show, regardless of what time it is in Perth.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:29

Program

well. in about 4-8 hours you will know. Personally I think the Euro tour would not be affected. I am much more worried about the 4 (5 some say) RS themselvs being all in good health to the summer as at their age things can happen (statistically).

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:33

OneHourPhoto
Green Lady
OneHourPhoto
Program

I understand the time difference.

If Mick was to fly home, he would be in the air right now due to the lengthy flight time, thus word would get out of this and the postponement of the show, regardless of what time it is in Perth.

Sorry - didn't mean to sound patronising. Should have said "nothing official".

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:35

Program
No way he's gonna go on stage. Will loose respect of 1.000.000s.

Green Lady
OneHourPhoto
Program

I guess MJ has tried somehow similar situation before (his father) - of course her death comes completely out of the blue and not a long time of sickness.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Keith also continued touring in the 70'ies despite the loss of a kidd.

And Ronnie also had to go through something similar with his brother in 2006, but still it was a longer period suffering of cancer.

I guess they know how to deal with these things. God bless them all.

Date: March 17, 2014 22:40

Green Lady
Sorry - didn't mean to sound patronising. Should have said "nothing official".

I did not take it that way, but I apologize if my response seems tart, I was not trying to patronizing either.

It is a tragic situation regardless of all else

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:56

Merlin
I don't understand. Why would he loose anyones respect?

I don't understand that, either. He would probably gain respect for bravery in the face of tragedy--"the show must go on."

Personally I don't think there's a right or wrong in that regard, people not only handle grief differently, but can be affected differently by the loss of different people. I hope Mick will have everyone's support, whatever he decides.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:30

thrak
The Stones are not important now. Can you imagine Mick singing after this information. Probably he is blame himself now about this tragedy. He needs time now.

Yep. And it's not just Mick. The whole band and crew are grieving. And Mick's kids. Mick is probably en route to be with L'Wren's family, as any decent boyfriend or husband would be. So I'd guess that Perth and Adelaide will be rescheduled. Quite frankly, a show tomorrow (Perth time) would be weird.

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:59

Press conference in Perth in just over an hour to announce whether the current Australian tour will proceed, be postponed, or cancelled.

Cheers
Mark
[rollingstoned.com.au]
[facebook.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:16

[m.mydailynews.com.au]

Perth is off. I would assume Europe stays the way it is and Australia is rescheduled. Poor Mick.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:21

This tragic incident might very well put a stop to The Rolling Stones. Even if they continue with the tour the incident will effectively put a damper on it.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:42

georgelicks
Jos
Is there any chance the Stones may add some concerts in July, say ziggo Dome?

No, Mick will be in Brazil watching the semi finals and final of the world cup, so the tour must be over by July 3 or 4.

Thanks, didnt think of that. And all this may not be relevant anymore, anyhow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 10:46 by Jos.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:52

I think that Mick has to be doing something ,whether touring,travelling to interesting places, projects with other artists etc. to occupy his mind.

Even more so after the funeral and the coming weeks and months ahead.

I hope they do carry on with this tour and Europe and beyond that,and somehow publicise that it will be in memory of L'Wren Scott.

Date: March 18, 2014 11:11

I guess you are right, Crawdaddy. But for European Stones fans this tragedy happened at the worst possible time. Had it happened next week most dates would probably have been set. And I don't think they would walk out on already booked engagements. And if they don't tour Europe now I can't see them ever doing it. All odds are against that.

Date: March 18, 2014 11:14

The gigs are really not important anymore, imo.

If Mick decides to do them, fine, but the tragic incident will shadow the whole tour anyhow now. IMO, Mick deserves a lot of time off...

Date: March 18, 2014 11:23

Sure, Dandelion. But do you understand the implications of that?

Date: March 18, 2014 11:28

Of course

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:41

I think nobody knows what will happen. Even Mick. And I don't think anyone is brave enough to ask him some time is he planning to do Europe or not until he alone says anything. That of course is a huge problem for the promotors. Concerts are arranged and waiting for an announcement, some are already sold out. Me personally would be very sorry if they don't continue and don't do Europe, but I will respect any decision they make.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:43

I have tickets for Brisbane but I expect it to be cancelled and am OK with that. I hope Mick gets some professional help/counselling. Poor bloke

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:49

Many of us here we are not used to be a star. they live somehow in another dimension. it is fascinating to see the double level of this bad situation.
in one level there is the tragedy for mick and the terrible moment. on the other level there are lawyers, insurance, money to return, pressing from the media, the pressure from the fans and the pressure for not disappoint the expectations, people telling you "do what you want Mick" , but at the end they push you to carry on like a bull into the arena (because many people are making money on you). you are prisoner of the myth, you played after the dead of brian jones, after the dead of many friends, parents, sons, relatives, you are famous to be unbeatable, cinical, strong , you defeated drugs, wild life ..i think all these things turn into your head, and you feel that you cannot stop. you are always under the radar of journalist, they made tons of picture of you when you were stoned and wasted, when you went to jail..but you are still here. you would like to give up but you cannot stop. like a horse on drug.. I think we cannot understand this world if you are not like them. michael schumacher won a gp the day his mother died.. you just can't stop. so at the end of this long thought, i think that maximum they will cancel/postpone 1-2 shows, but the show will go on

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:56

great post

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:57

What's Mick gonna do if there is no tour ?

In the aftermath of grief,there comes a time when you have to think of other things or else you can get deeper in despair and regrets.

It would be no disrespect to L'Wren to carry on with this tour in her memory,after a period of time that suits the way Mick is now feeling.

It may be a week,it may be more.

I can understand on a logistical point of view a decision would have to be made one way or another fairly soon.

If I was Mick, I would be thinking of L'Wren when I'm up on stage singing and dancing, thinking of all the good times in their life together.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:05

Zurich rumour added smiling smiley

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:14

bv - I know there are more important matters than going on about an European tour, but I have to ask. Have you recieved any more information regarding the Stockholm date? Is there a specific reason that you moved the show forward in the list?

Date: March 18, 2014 12:22

I do hope people understand, while asking for this or that city, that there is a very big chance there won't be a European tour at all...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8081828384858687888990...LastNext
Current Page: 85 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home