Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 127
Re: Stones play TW CLassics in Belgium
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 21, 2014 09:29

Seems likely. However, that soon after Pinkpop Holland????????????
Jeroen

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 10:38

PINKPOP IS NOT SURE AT ALL ... a well known site for the stones, same as werchter ...but nothing is for sure, yet .. and even ZIGGO is not sure ..for a gig

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 21, 2014 12:10

Silver Dagger
Great information mrsoul. I can well believe it. Wonder where the London gigs will be. Probably Wembley, I reckon.

What about the Olympic Stadium? That would be a new place to play for them in a very familiar area drinking smiley

I`m just guessing, but if they were allowed to Play there, this could be a Location....

Cheers smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 21, 2014 15:43

mrsoul
Yes,the contract is signed for this summer festival.
Announcement early march.
Sure? Yes, a very good friend of mine is a musician in a major band supporting The Stones at TW Classics. That band signed the gig this week and gave me the news today.
More major bands tba soon, or should I say one major artist, who suddenly shifted gears by releasing some of the strongest material, beginning in the late nineties.
This festival will be one hell of a day!

Bob?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 21, 2014 16:06

GasLightStreet
mrsoul
Sure? Yes, a very good friend of mine is a musician in a major band supporting The Stones at TW Classics. That band signed the gig this week and gave me the news today.
More major bands tba soon, or should I say one major artist, who suddenly shifted gears by releasing some of the strongest material, beginning in the late nineties.

Bob?

He's in Slovakia the 27th of June. I don't know if he's still able to do that, that's a lot of miles. Or it might be another date.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 22, 2014 10:32

BV, Werchter - Leuven...that's how far (on foot)? smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2014 11:20

Harm
Werchter - Leuven...that's how far

See the route in Google Maps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-22 11:30 by Irix.

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: February 22, 2014 11:55

Harm I do remember BV asking me the same questionwinking smiley... I then took BV and a swedish guy from the Stones rehearsals in Werchter back to Leuven by car. I told them it was to far by foot....We finished our evening in style with a couple of Rodenbach bears smileys with beer and some shrimp croquettes in a café close to the Oude Markt...!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 22, 2014 12:06

waaghals
Harm I do remember BV asking me the same questionwinking smiley... I then took BV and a swedish guy from the Stones rehearsals in Werchter back to Leuven by car. I told them it was to far by foot....We finished our evening in style with a couple of Rodenbach bears smileys with beer and some shrimp croquettes in a café close to the Oude Markt...!

Good times! smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2014 23:28

erikjjf
waaghals

Good times! smileys with beer

You Norwegians have all the fun!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 22, 2014 23:59

Great a new Belgium Affair..........

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 23, 2014 00:08

Cool

Date: February 23, 2014 09:39

Can anyone recommend a good and not all too expensive hotel, near the festival site...
Thanks
Jeroen

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: February 23, 2014 10:16

"TW Classic completely sold out!" according to their site.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: February 23, 2014 10:25

The Worst.
"TW Classic completely sold out!" according to their site.

That was last year ;-)

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 23, 2014 11:45

corriecas
Can anyone recommend a good and not all too expensive hotel, near the festival site...
Thanks
Jeroen
There is one at the festival site...you needn't a ticket :-)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 26, 2014 20:28

BowieStone
GasLightStreet
mrsoul

Bob?

He's in Slovakia the 27th of June. I don't know if he's still able to do that, that's a lot of miles. Or it might be another date.

And he's in Vienna on the 28th of June. So he will either play Werchter on another date, or maybe not at all.

Date: February 26, 2014 21:30

Might be Bruce........ Springsteen, begins with a b
jeroen

Posted by: djeff ()
Date: February 27, 2014 04:23

Mrsoul, Bob is playing in Vienna 28th of june

Date: February 27, 2014 04:35

mrsoul

Mrsoul,Bob is playing in Vienna 28th of june.....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2014 04:43

mrsoul

lol...was that after 'disappeared into a haze of substance abuse' and 'he emerged to find Jesus?'

Date: February 27, 2014 04:53

mrsoul

So your "very good friend" knows his group is playing, knows The Stones are playing and knows that Bob is playing, but forgot to tell you the date????

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2014 06:45

I do remember we walked all the way from the show in Werchter to Leuven. I was with a few friends, and it took a couple of hours. It was a long walk, after a great show you need to walk yourself down anyway. Tonight after the Tokyo #1 show I wasn't able to sleep until 3:30am, while the show ended 9pm. Long story...

Bjornulf

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 27, 2014 09:02

bv
I do remember we walked all the way from the show in Werchter to Leuven. I was with a few friends, and it took a couple of hours. It was a long walk, after a great show you need to walk yourself down anyway. Tonight after the Tokyo #1 show I wasn't able to sleep until 3:30am, while the show ended 9pm. Long story...

Just 2 hours bv??? I don´t remember well, but I remember it like 4 or 5 (laughs), thanks to an argentinian girl who I met in the show I was able of come back to the hotel without problems... If I don´t met her, probably now I could be still walking and been near of Helsinki or so... smiling smiley

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 09:45

Thanks for your European tour list!!! Sounds very promising!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2014 10:14

Personally I have mixed feelings about stadium shows vs arena. Just back from one of the best shows in ages, in Tokyo Dome, a stadium of 50,000 people, I must say that an arena show is still a little bit more intimate. But then they have to bring the TONGUE stage, and that stage setup is quite expensive to transport around, with 30 or so trucks. That is why they can only do these arena shows where people are willing to pay an uplift on the ticket prices.

Bjornulf

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 10:59

bv
Personally I have mixed feelings about stadium shows vs arena. Just back from one of the best shows in ages, in Tokyo Dome, a stadium of 50,000 people, I must say that an arena show is still a little bit more intimate. But then they have to bring the TONGUE stage, and that stage setup is quite expensive to transport around, with 30 or so trucks. That is why they can only do these arena shows where people are willing to pay an uplift on the ticket prices.

Unfortunately I got no PIT tickets for the o2 shows in 2012 so I ended up in tier 2. So I do really want to have the first row experience this time of the quite low tongue stage where you feel like part of the band (according to the videos). Of course stadium shows are much cheaper but one show in the pit is a must IMHO.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 12:35

So no dates for East-Central Europe (Hungary, Poland, Czech, Serbia, Croatia etc.) ?
Come on Rolling Stones we deserve some gigs!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 15:03 by 1962.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 12:37

Where is that BV's list? smiling smiley

Posted by: drocker ()
Date: February 27, 2014 13:05

island01
Where is that BV's list? smiling smiley
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-27 13:09 by drocker.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home