Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: UK gigs
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 3, 2005 23:28

they were going to play Manchester but someone in the 'in' crowd saw it in daylight and realised ...

now its off

exopect a Brum date to be announced shortly

Posted by: pledge ()
Date: December 4, 2005 13:51

is this just guessing, or are there actual inside facts being dealt with here.

when are we expecting club (large theatres?) shows to be announced - before xmas ? or nearer the autumn shows ?

i have kept my pre 9 may code for it so am eager to know as i have also purchased 2 post 9 may codes for wembley 1 and sheffield !

Posted by: The Maverick ()
Date: December 5, 2005 13:41

Watch out for some special shows next Sep, won't be announced till just befotre the European leg starts.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 5, 2005 13:44

The Maverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watch out for some special shows next Sep, won't
> be announced till just befotre the European leg
> starts.

don't tell me- to get in you need to have a password, pre- 1975,
or have been an Amex member since 1962.

Date: December 5, 2005 13:57

Probably!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2005 14:47

The Maverick Wrote:
> Watch out for some special shows next Sep, won't
> be announced till just befotre the European leg
> starts.

Why ? Nothing you've ever stated bears the slightest resemblance to anything that actually happens. Are we sure that we're not a little too fond of the sound of our own voice ?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 5, 2005 14:53

You noticed as well?

Posted by: pledge ()
Date: December 5, 2005 15:40

i thought he wasnt too inaccurate.

all i will say in his defense is that i know some people pretty high up in the stones camp, if i had typed in here every time i had the latest tour plans, i would have contradicted myself a few times.

there are too many factors to be met between dates floated as an idea to the point of confirming the gig.

if, as i guess, he works for clear channel or ticketmaster - he probably gets provisional info etc - which by its nature has to be flexible

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2005 16:09

theres one born every minute, I suppose...

Date: December 5, 2005 16:13

i was in town this afternoon and there is a very strong rumour of a club gig at Walsall Town Hall

Date: December 5, 2005 16:18

i don't know what the truth of club gigs is...and quite frankly, i've got no chance of getting into one ,anyway.
(i haven't got an unused membership code from way back and i'm never lucky when it comes to internet ticket sales).
Just strikes me, that loads of people, are going to have egg on their faces/eating their hats and large quantities of humble pie, if these "alledged", club dates, do actually happen.

Date: December 5, 2005 16:26

go back to the very first post on this thread and you may understand people's scepticism. First to play Wembley? Check. Maine Road (which doesnt exist). Check...

Plus, if someone's going to post several different 'exclusive' bits of info that vary dramatically from week to week, then by the law of averages some are going to be right

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 5, 2005 16:38

Gazza Wrote:
> > Plus, if someone's going to post several different
> 'exclusive' bits of info that vary dramatically
> from week to week, then by the law of averages
> some are going to be right

Like "european dates to be announced soon"

Date: December 5, 2005 16:39

Indeed. Hardly rocket science

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2005 16:59

The Maverick Wrote:
> I wonder what will be the full range of UK gigs
> next year we already known they will almost
> certainly be the first band to play the new
> Wembely Stadium, together with the Shepards Bush
> gig, Maine Road, Manchester Apollo and Hampden
> Park concerts that we know about, I wonder if they
> will be playing any UK arena's this tour or will
> it just be stadiums with the occasional club gig?

<<<<<together with the Shepards Bush gig, Maine Road, Manchester Apollo and Hampden Park concerts that we know about,>>>>>

We KNOW about these ? O really ? Well one of four is not bad I suppose. Come on, get serious will you please ? And for your info, it's SHEPHERDS not SHEPARDS.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: December 5, 2005 18:14

Gazza Wrote:
> go back to the very first post on this thread and
> you may understand people's scepticism. First to
> play Wembley? Check. Maine Road (which doesnt
> exist). Check...
>
> Plus, if someone's going to post several different
> 'exclusive' bits of info that vary dramatically
> from week to week, then by the law of averages
> some are going to be right

Heh - it reminds me of that episode of Phoenix nights where the psychic keeps on trotting out stuff that HAS to be true. "Is there a Mary in the audience, and your mother's been sick, hasn't she...and the rolling stones will play a big concert somewhere in England, maybe more than one"...

Date: December 6, 2005 13:19

Plans change ...... check out the date of my original post, that was the thinking at that time!

Date: December 6, 2005 15:52

Manchester was replaced by Sheffield (football season starting) and the UK ends the tour, hence not opening Wembley.

Birmingham was dropped as not certain what division Aston Villa or Small Heath Blues will be in next year, so as to predict stadium availability.

Date: December 6, 2005 17:21

The Maverick Wrote:
> Birmingham was dropped as not certain what
> division Aston Villa or Small Heath Blues will be
> in next year, so as to predict stadium
> availability.

How would either Brum City or Villa, being relegated, affect the scheduling of a sunday show at the end of august??- i don't buy it.

The majority of Premier League and Coke Championship matches, take place on a saturday afternoon, not a sunday...so any potential matchday wouldn't be affected by a concert.
The actual truth of the matter is, that any Football Club is not going to hire-out it's stadium, for any concert, during the domestic football season.
Hence, you get Don Valley Athletic Stadium.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 6, 2005 18:47

I don't think there will be any club dates this tour. Maybe next time - if there is one, which I think there will be. The Stones aren't going to go out with a whimper.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: December 6, 2005 20:44

I wouldn't exactly say that I have strong feelings of trust and confidence in the statements made on this thread by The Maverick. He ain't even dealing with gossip and rumours. The Maverick actually keeps on fabricating all the bullshit he's been posting so far. Do you want solid proof? Have a look at what he wrote in May 12 2005. He did not produce a shred of evidence to support that there was an actual bittorrent of the Bigger Bang sessions in May 2005. The Maverick is unfortunately a bloody, two-bit liar.

The Maverick wrote:
>
> Apparently they have recorded three typical blues songs in the sessions for the new album, no gaurentee if they will all be included though. Keith has also be playing Apartment number 9 a lot during sessions, maybe a tip for the ballad of his solo set?

I got a bit torrent of the new album sessions, about 20 songs, 3 or 4 of which are very good, as I said a few blues, Keith doing a couple of ballads (Apt no 9 being one of them) a couple of typical album filler type tracks, Juding by the tracks it seems it will sound like a cross between Dirty Work and Voodoo Lounge.

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: December 6, 2005 21:06

yes i think we all know to ignore everything the maverick comes out with.. all of what he posted about the bigger bang torrent was a load of rubbish.. can't find any blues tracks on the album and no real details in there either

for the UK tour he just listed a whole load of places where they might play.. no real insite there either

Date: December 6, 2005 21:09

The Maverick Wrote:
>> Birmingham was dropped as not certain what
> division Aston Villa or Small Heath Blues will be
> in next year, so as to predict stadium
> availability.

"Ball" and "Ox"

What division a football team is in means bugger all, as the shows are confirmed and booked MONTHS before the fixtures come out

Date: December 6, 2005 21:12

sherer Wrote:
> yes i think we all know to ignore everything the
> maverick comes out with.. all of what he posted
> about the bigger bang torrent was a load of
> rubbish.. can't find any blues tracks on the album
> and no real details in there either
>
well, "Back of my hand" fits the bill, but 2-3 songs? er..dont think so

Date: December 6, 2005 22:05

he has a point though. you can't play a football stadium during the season

Date: December 6, 2005 22:15

Yeah, you can. Its not unprecedented.

However, the stadiums used for this tour arent used for football on a regular basis

Three of them are national stadiums only used occasionally and one is a rugby league stadium.

The only debate for the London shows was whether it would be Twickenham or Wembley

Date: December 6, 2005 22:17

"Yeah, you can. Its not unprecedented"

i can't see how. for example. how could they announce a gig at say Villa Park before next seasons fixture list has been drawn up ?

the FA wont go around changing fixtures to accomodate non football related events. and rightly so

Date: December 7, 2005 14:37

andy js Wrote:

> the FA wont go around changing fixtures to
> accomodate non football related events. and
> rightly so
>
- to my knowledge, they only use Football (Club) stadiums, during the summer, in the off-season.
Back end of August, isn't off-season, so no Club stadiums.

Date: December 7, 2005 14:48

andy js Wrote:
> > "Yeah, you can. Its not unprecedented"
>
> i can't see how. for example. how could they
> announce a gig at say Villa Park before next
> seasons fixture list has been drawn up ?
>
> the FA wont go around changing fixtures to
> accomodate non football related events. and
> rightly so
>
>

I would imagine that clubs can notify the FA in advance as to the unavailability of their stadium at a certain date and the fixture list can be drawn up on computer to take that into account

Cant see it being a problem anyway as long as the clubs agree. Fixtures get tampered with throughout the season or if a club has been playing midweek UEFA Cup fixtures a couple of days before.

Bands dont tend to schedule shows in football stadiums August/September because its hard to get the stadiums and the clubs are reluctant to let them be used, but I dont think theres anything legally that would prevent them from being used. Its simply easier to hire out stadiums that arent used by clubs - such as the three national stadiums that will be used in 2006.

Even though the season starts in other Euro countries after the English one, they were still playing stadium shows last tour up until end of september/early October

Date: December 8, 2005 18:16

However, the stadiums used for this tour arent used for football on a regular basis

precisely and in moving the UK dates to the end of season it rules out using football stadium, it's not just the day of the show, it's the setting up and dismantling and possible damage to the pitch to take into consideration.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home