Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: Hair implants
Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: October 30, 2005 18:57

This has definitely become the Mother of All Threads. My eyes are tearing up with pride and I am humbled by the imensity of it all. Anyway.....to put my 2 cents in: I was at Starbucks the other day. They have a tiny kiosk where they sell their rediculously overpriced cd's and there's this picture of the Stones over their new cd. I was shocked at how FREAKING BALD Keith has become! It must have taken a master hair-stylist hours to make every single remaining strand of Keiths hair stand erect and cover the maximum possible sq. inch of scalp! Amazing work really...but all for naught as Keith is still about 10 minutes away from total Balditity. The only question that remains is at what point he takes to the "Hat" approach ala Carlos Santana and Dwight Yoakum and what style he will champion. Hmmmm....fedora, Panama, backwards baseball, Little Steven scarf, Stevie Ray Vaughn spanish flamenco..... This is going to get Veerrrrry interesting.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 30, 2005 20:28

""Hat" approach ala Carlos Santana and Dwight Yoakum and what style he will champion. Hmmmm....fedora, Panama, backwards baseball, Little Steven scarf, Stevie Ray Vaughn spanish flamenco..... "

An the Edge as well, even though the Edge was much younger when he became bald.... Take a look at some pictures of Keith's old man from the 80'ies and you will see how Keith will look like in 3-5 years from now...

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 30, 2005 20:30

Just an absurd question - do people get hair implants elsewhere? (breast etc.)

Posted by: The Maverick ()
Date: October 31, 2005 12:45

I think if Keef did the honrable think and had a no 1 cut or no2 cut his hair would look better and his balbness not such a focal point, I mean we all take the p*** out of balding men who try to hide it with growing there hair.

Either a hat, haircut, implants or wig are the only options left open to him now.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: October 31, 2005 12:58

Let's not get too carried away here and forget option no. 5 - In the best Pirates of the Caribbean spirit - The jolly good BANDANA.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 31, 2005 15:52

BUt when did it all start? Im sure he started to loose a little in 1975 (new haircut and thinner in front), and then visable by 1978 (puffed up airy hair, never lets it down after 1978). Obvious in 1981, 1982 but still very nice and thick, thinning by 1985, first banadana in 1988, first baldness in 1993-1995, bald in 1998 but not completely. Would be nice to see a real hairogrophy.

Date: November 1, 2005 11:52

No, I'm serious, when did it start?

Date: November 1, 2005 17:36

Excellent response, your right I think the thinning started over 20 years ago, but only really became obvious in the past 15 years or so, obviously the failed transplants would have affected the look for a while.

I wonder if that is why the bandannas and hats (off stage) are used, maybe not so much to cover the bald head but to hide the scarring from the failed implants?

My personal preference would be for him to do the manly thing and shave it off.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:03

Maverick what is your fascination with their hair and keeping this post going. I think you take the record for the amount of times someones responded to their own post here.

Date: November 1, 2005 18:37

Which is?

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 1, 2005 18:49

Ladies & Gentlemen, i give you the new world record for number of posts on one thread by one person: 83 posts by the Maverick (his own thread!)...my guess: he's completely bald and completely lonely

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-01 22:55 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 1, 2005 22:49

when this thread was first posted i thought, "what a dumb topic!"

i can't belive it has reappeared on page one . . . again! and is 19 pages long.

My thoughts: i dont give a shit about keith or micks hair. If they lose their voices/fingers, then i'll worry.

Date: November 2, 2005 10:53

But I see a point in this thread; they are stars and Keith says he doesnt carea bout looks buyt he uses fishhooks and bandanas. And he used toi have the coolest haircut on earth. When did he start to loose it?

Date: November 2, 2005 12:40

I think he started to loose it in the mid/late 80's then spent about 5/6 years trying various treatments, the famous failed implants, then since the mid 90's he's gone for attaching things to his hair or the bandannas with hat's being used offstage to hide his baldness.

With regard to Leonard Keringer's comments, I am neither bald or lonely but just find this an intresting subject.

Date: November 2, 2005 13:19

The implants, how did they fail? Of course you cant do drugs and drink and smoke the way he does and keep anything alive but on what parts of his head did he have them?

Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: November 2, 2005 16:01

Ok let's talk about brain implants now! It always fails!

"Well it just goes to show, things are not what they seem..."

Date: November 2, 2005 17:49

OK could Keith have a brain implant?

Date: November 2, 2005 17:51

The Maverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> With regard to Leonard Keringer's comments, I am
> neither bald or lonely but just find this an
> intresting subject.
>
>

you've crossed over into the "sickeningly obsessed with the hair" zone...i think Keith deserves a break...he's an older gent in his 60's..the "rooster haircut" days are gone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-02 18:08 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 2, 2005 23:19

LOL, this thread is a @#$%& riot! I am laughing my ass off reading these posts.

Date: November 4, 2005 11:37

It's not about being obsessed with the hair, it's the fact that despite all his money and attempts to disguise it, he has become a slaphead just like other old men, nothing wrong with that. But it goes against his pose of the "couldn't give a sh#*" rock n roll star, with his hair restoration treatment and the bandannas and what is begining to look like a comb over.

So despit all his money his hair implants failed, whereas the likes of Bono and Mick Jagger have had successful implant treatment.

Date: November 4, 2005 12:40

Yup thats the point. Really is. He pretends he doesnt give a damn and that he is an old blues man. OK, old blues men wanted money too. But he sure gives a damn about his hair. He cared about it from the beginning and of course it hurts to loose it.He's not any old 62 year old, he's still in many ways 17 in his heart. Which is great.

Date: November 4, 2005 15:37

Keith is definitely my favourite slaphead. I take it ya all agree on that one!!!

Date: November 4, 2005 18:45

The Maverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not about being obsessed with the hair

85th post by the Maverick.....smiling smiley

Date: November 5, 2005 14:18

I worked as a bartender at a party last night at my university when a guy orders a schooner, some amber fluid and tells me he wants to get full as a goog. I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by that for a split sec and then he asked me if he'd come to a watering hole or what. It turns out the fella is a dinkum Aussie who has left the bush for awhile and wants to get really wasted. All of a sudden the DJ puts on the Fat Boy Slim Remix of Sympathy and it turns out that this bloke from Australia is a huge Stones fan. He tells me he saw the Stones at a club show in Sydney on the licks tour and that they opened the gig with Midnight Rambler!!!!!
Before he spotted a beaut sheila on the dance floor and had to split he leaned towards me and whispered that he'd noticed during the concert that Keith R was bald as a bandicoot. So we got it confirmed that Keith is a slaphead from a fella from Oz. That's got to be a reliable source if ya ask me.

Date: November 11, 2005 11:49

Yeah!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 11, 2005 12:08

Until i see Keith's head ,next summer in Europe,for myself, i can't pass judgement on whether he's follically-challenged, or not.
As long as he doesn't wear an Elton-style rug or a stupid Edge-style Beanie, i don't really care.
Bandanas/headbands seem to suit him quite well.

Date: November 14, 2005 17:21

Wonder if Keith has problems with stains on his bald head when he dyes his remaining strands of hair???

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:23

Don't see any indication of hairdye or hairdye stains,
from Bigger Bang, gig photos.

Date: November 14, 2005 17:41

That's the 86th post from The Maverick on this topic.
I do expect him to reach 100 before Christmas.
You can do it Mav. You can pull it off!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:52

He's NOT bald yet...he's still got hair on top, but his hairline has severely receded.

It'll look awful in a few years, especially if he keeps dying it. Going gray on the B2B tour was the way to age gracefully.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home