Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Shanghai Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:41

bv
It took 12 hours to get from Macau to Shanghai total travel time, even if it is just 3 hours net flying, but bus, ferry, changing flights and taxi etc takes time.

Arriving at Shanghai airport I was offered taxi by "official" people in uniform. It was 500 Yuan and I said I wanted to take the airport train Maglev. They said it was wrong direction and waste of money. Well I wanted to take it, great experience. At 50 Yuan only, it took some 7 minutes and speed 300 km/h, then hordes of un-licenced taxi offers, but I went for the official metered stand, it took some 20 minutes and cost some 35 Yan. So if an offer is very good then don't trust it, I saved 400+ by taking care of myself and not taking the first and not so good offer.

Shanghai is great they say, but beware of those who want a part of your money. And the Maglev is highly recommended, simply because it is so unique.

Or if you want to save even more, take the subway from the airport. Should be around 7 yuan... smoking smiley

Date: March 12, 2014 06:43

Gazza
6s7s9s
No private show...there will be two of us.

Seriously, tho, have they ever cancelled a show because tickets didn't sell?

Lots of times since 1990. Mostly in Europe. In some cases, theyve announced it was for 'logistical' reasons though to save face. Other times when shows had to be rearranged due to illness, they pulled slower selling dates to make room for them.

They will not cancel it. 13 on Fire???!!! I think next time they'll think twice about what to name the tour...

Posted by: jultsi ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:54

Hello from Shanghai,

this Rolling Stones -lover has been living here 1,5 years now. I'm so happy that they will play here tonight! smiling smiley This is my third Rolling Stones -show. I was in Helsinki 2003 & 2007.

The weather today is awful. It's raining cats and dogs and you can't see anything.

I don't believe the show will be canceled BUT couple of months ago Phantom of the Opera at the Shanghai opera was canceled because it was raining so heavily -> they had problems with the electricity. Everything is possible in China…

But I'm sure everything is ok today at Mercedes Benz Arena.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:13

Please stop spreading rumours about a possible cancellation. The Stones are in town, the stage is set up, everything is fine.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:25

Everything is possible in China…...maybe they'll cut a new album ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 13, 2014 03:27

They're playing Stones music in the breakfast room in my hotel on Nanjing Rd. How cool is that after this fantastic Shanghai night!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 13, 2014 04:25

latvianinexile
They're playing Stones music in the breakfast room in my hotel on Nanjing Rd. How cool is that after this fantastic Shanghai night!

My cheap hostel playing always Stones since I checked in with Stones T-shirt.
There is even a reception girl who went to the show last night.smileys with beer

OK. Now I am checking out and heading to Singapore!

Date: March 13, 2014 04:57

latvianinexile
Please stop spreading rumours about a possible cancellation. The Stones are in town, the stage is set up, everything is fine.

It was NOT a rumour. It was speculation. The word 'rumour' never even accord to me until you mentioned it. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 13, 2014 12:10

frenki09
latvianinexile

It was NOT a rumour. It was speculation. The word 'rumour' never even accord to me until you mentioned it. >grinning smiley<

Then I probably wasn't talking to you. Please read the whole thread. Grrrrr!

Date: March 13, 2014 12:16

a bigger nut
latvianinexile

My cheap hostel playing always Stones since I checked in with Stones T-shirt.
There is even a reception girl who went to the show last night.smileys with beer

OK. Now I am checking out and heading to Singapore!

I'm back in my hotel as my flight to Singapore is only after 23:00. They are still playing Stones in the bar and nothing else! The hotel is going to get a good review from me. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home