Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Shanghai Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 19:49

A couple of people tonight in Macau told me that shangai can be canceled due to poor sales. I don't believe that. Beside prices , to go to china you need a visa and it could be an additional problem. Still confident that shangai Will be almost full..

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: March 9, 2014 22:17

For Abu Dhabi, tickets were available till late; and it was quite full...
Don't worry!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 10, 2014 00:53

At last, Chinese promoter can fill the arena with communist party member, police and liberation army. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 10, 2014 02:34

I was told by some young Chinese fans last night that a show by the Killers last year was changed to a smaller venue because not enough tickets had been sold smiling smiley

I am still not convinced that there are actually going to be seats in the pit but we shall see soon enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 06:54 by Beast.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:05

It took 12 hours to get from Macau to Shanghai total travel time, even if it is just 3 hours net flying, but bus, ferry, changing flights and taxi etc takes time.

Arriving at Shanghai airport I was offered taxi by "official" people in uniform. It was 500 Yuan and I said I wanted to take the airport train Maglev. They said it was wrong direction and waste of money. Well I wanted to take it, great experience. At 50 Yuan only, it took some 7 minutes and speed 300 km/h, then hordes of un-licenced taxi offers, but I went for the official metered stand, it took some 20 minutes and cost some 35 Yan. So if an offer is very good then don't trust it, I saved 400+ by taking care of myself and not taking the first and not so good offer.

Shanghai is great they say, but beware of those who want a part of your money. And the Maglev is highly recommended, simply because it is so unique.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 15:08 by bv.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:16

6s7s9s
No private show...there will be two of us.

Seriously, tho, have they ever cancelled a show because tickets didn't sell?

Lots of times since 1990. Mostly in Europe. In some cases, theyve announced it was for 'logistical' reasons though to save face. Other times when shows had to be rearranged due to illness, they pulled slower selling dates to make room for them.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:46

Gazza
6s7s9s
No private show...there will be two of us.

Seriously, tho, have they ever cancelled a show because tickets didn't sell?

Lots of times since 1990. Mostly in Europe. In some cases, theyve announced it was for 'logistical' reasons though to save face. Other times when shows had to be rearranged due to illness, they pulled slower selling dates to make room for them.

I am not sure about that. I do know they had problems in Italy many years ago when there was football there (1982?) but I have been to most of the shows over the past 25 years and I can not really recall any such happened.

They played Ali Sami Yen in Istanbul with may be 12,000 in the crowd, following a scale-down from Besiktas stadium, but they did not cancel. They played for half empty stadium at times and brought in Metallica and AC/DC when tickets were slow. B ut I can't remember they cancelled a show because it did not sell. After it had gone on sale.

Please be specific. What show. I do know there are lot of conspiracy theories, Bangkok and so on, but I do have a lot of info at all times, so I would like to hear what specific show they did cancel because of poor ticket sales, really...

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:55

As BV mentioned, took this staggeringly fast train called the MAGLEV into Shanghai from PUDONG airport, a few shots of it and from it ........

And then no sooner than the bag was dumped at the bed n' breakfast and a quick early evening stroll around town was called for, look what the streets are awash with ............

The bastards are everywhere, there's no gettin' away from 'em .......... !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 10, 2014 19:11

In case anyone who doesn't know is interested, Maglev stands for magnetic levitation and this is the fastest train in the world. Top speed is 431 kph but before 0830 and 1730, a top speed of 301 kph is enforced. 30 km in 7 minutes!! When it starts slowing down, even 150 kph feels like a snail's pace!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 19:13 by Beast.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2014 19:35

The 'Shanghai Maglev Train' is the in Germany developed 'Transrapid', see the Wikipedia links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 19:45 by Irix.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:13

It's a silver train....

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:15

The Maglev is fascinating, but if you've done that a couple of times you can also use Metro Line 2 from Pudong airport. For just 7 RMB It takes you to City Center, e.g. Nanjing Rd East.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:42

Is this show going to sell out?

Date: March 11, 2014 03:34

[www.smartshanghai.com]

<<<Our online ticketing and delivery service for this event has now closed.

We are still able to issue tickets directly in our office until Wednesday 12th, 4pm.
Our office is located at 97 Xiangyang Road, 6th Floor, Room 615
Office hours: 10am-6pm. We can accept cash payments and local Union Pay cards (no international credit cards) >>>

I think they might have shot themselves in the foot quite badly in making it so bloody difficult to actually BUY tickets for this show unless (a) you happened to be residing in Shanghai or elsewhere in China itself at the very least, and (b) were able to pay with a locally issued credit card. Imposing these restrictions simply made it too difficult for a lot of people who might have wanted to go to actually acquire tickets. Very silly.

We'll see tomorrow. I'm sure that at the end of the day, one way or the other, the Stones will not be playing to a half empty arena and there will be bums on all the seats. But actual SALES in terms of real volume; i.e. number of tickets genuinely sold ? Absolutely hopeless I'd have thought. Up until yesterday when they withdrew online sales, pretty much every price category of ticket was fully available.

And as for the other key question ? Is the pit standing or seated ? YIKES !!

Frequently Asked

Refunds What happens if the show gets cancelled? Will I get my money back?

Seating Are there any standing tickets available, or are all tickets seated?

There are no standing tickets. All tickets for this show are numbered within seated sections.

Payments Can I pay online with a credit card?

Payments How do I pay for my tickets?

Ticketing My friends want to order tickets for the same show. Can we be seated together?

Ticketing Can I choose a specific seat?

Other questions? Contact our customer support by email | phone: (021) 400-821-3624

Anyway, as to the answers to these and other questions ........ who really gives a monkey's ? I'm here, they're here, and tomorrow night is gonna rock !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 03:43 by paulywaul.

Date: March 11, 2014 05:22

EJM
It's a silver train....

>grinning smiley< cool smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 11, 2014 05:32

Wow, sounds like they are not selling well. This is hard to watch the greatest band ever struggle to fill up 10-14 seat arenas.

Date: March 11, 2014 05:42

Yup, it might be a bit of an obstacle course to buy a ticket to see the Stones in Shanghai/China, but if all you really want to do is send a postcard home ............ then that at any rate is relatively simple winking smiley

The sun is shinin' and we're gonna be seein' the boys again tomorrow ......... hot smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 06:09

paulywaul
Yup, it might be a bit of an obstacle course to buy a ticket to see the Stones in Shanghai/China, but if all you really want to do is send a postcard home ............ then that at any rate is relatively simple winking smiley

The sun is shinin' and we're gonna be seein' the boys again tomorrow ......... hot smiley

Where did you find the postcards, Paul? Thanks.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:01

Great to be in Shanghai! Looking forward to tomorrow's show

[twitter.com]

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:20

The Shanghai song vote has 4 songs they haven't yet played this leg. That's a good sign.

Date: March 11, 2014 11:54

roamermark
The Shanghai song vote has 4 songs they haven't yet played this leg. That's a good sign.

smileys with beer

Live With Me
Rocks Off
Street Fighting Man
When The Whip Comes Down

Does Chinese authority allow to play SFM??
I am not sure but it was banned at last time in Shanghai wasn't it?

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 11, 2014 12:01

a bigger nut
roamermark

smileys with beer

Live With Me
Rocks Off
Street Fighting Man
When The Whip Comes Down

Does Chinese authority allow to play SFM??
I am not sure but it was banned at last time in Shanghai wasn't it?

I already mentioned in the Fan Vote Thread that I cannot in the least imagine that they are playing SFM in China. The other songs' lyrics however are also decorated by some coarse rock'n'roll language - very funny that just the Shanghai Vote looks like this!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 12:04 by maradona.

Date: March 11, 2014 12:21

Today I found this sports jacket at Lane Crawford in Shanghai.

Over 12,000CNY by Saint Laurent....

Date: March 11, 2014 14:21

a bigger nut

How much was the white Latvija scarf? smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 16:24

latvianinexile
a bigger nut

How much was the white Latvija scarf? smiling smiley

Hahaha. It must be priceless for you.

And man, I was just right next of you.grinning smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 19:54

a bigger nut

And man, I was just right next of you.grinning smiley

Ah, OK, cool, now I know smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 19:59

I was at the arena today. Impressive thing and nice view from level 6, but no advertisement, no poster to be seen.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 11, 2014 21:58

Shanghai is +12 hours difference to NYC?

Date: March 12, 2014 05:32

Paul?

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:38

andrea66
A couple of people tonight in Macau told me that shangai can be canceled due to poor sales. I don't believe that. Beside prices , to go to china you need a visa and it could be an additional problem. Still confident that shangai Will be almost full..

Nope. You don't need a visa. U can stay for 72 hours without a visa.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home