Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Shanghai Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 20, 2014 11:43

Got pit tickets, but after all that I seriously hope and pray it's not seated! Will see what it says on the tickets when they are delivered.

But OMG - had to jump through one helluva LOT of hoops because, as already mentioned, via SmartShanghai it is only cash on delivery in Shanghai. Lucky for me I have a Shanghai saviour.

What we do for the Rolling Stones...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 11:47 by Beast.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: January 20, 2014 11:47

Not sure if I got one or not. Received email confirmation of "booking". Will contact me via email within one working day to confirm actual purchase. I did not have to enter address or payment info. Not used to this system.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: January 20, 2014 11:51

6s7s9s
Not sure if I got one or not. Received email confirmation of "booking". Will contact me via email within one working day to confirm actual purchase. I did not have to enter address or payment info. Not used to this system.

I already got a reply.

"Thanks for order our Smart Ticket. We have to cancel your order since we can only sell the tickets to the customs who has the delivery address in P.R.China and a local contact number. Sorry for all the inconvenience. Thanks for choosing us!"

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 20, 2014 11:52

Date: January 20, 2014 11:43

Got pit tickets, but after all that I seriously hope and pray it's not seated! Will see what it says on the tickets when they are delivered.

But OMG - had to jump through one helluva LOT of hoops because, as already mentioned, via SmartShanghai it is only cash on delivery in Shanghai. Lucky for me I have a Shanghai saviour.

What we do for the Rolling Stones...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 11:47 by Beast.

Indeed, nearly have heart attacks trying to buy tickets, but we tried .... and we tried ...... and we tried even more ........ and we succeeded !! hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 12:18 by paulywaul.

Date: January 20, 2014 11:54

a bigger nut
6s7s9s

I already got a reply.

"Thanks for order our Smart Ticket. We have to cancel your order since we can only sell the tickets to the customs who has the delivery address in P.R.China and a local contact number. Sorry for all the inconvenience. Thanks for choosing us!"

I didn't get that reply. Mine said they will contact me within one working day.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 11:57

Got my ticket. 2880. The area right in fron of the stage is 8880??? Seriously???!!! This makes the Shanghai gig one of the most expensive, doesn't it?

If I clicked on 'Tickets' on rs.com it directed me to the concert in Macau... I'm in China, so for me the address wasn't a problem... And I already paid and they will deliver the tic for me. I hope they do that in time. Before I head to Macau.

Date: January 20, 2014 11:58

As long as you gave a Chinese telephone number, it's OK - they will call that number to arrange delivery and then you'll be all set. It's either cash on delivery or payment with one kind of local card only (Union?).

Date: January 20, 2014 12:02

Got two SMS... The first one was'The order is successfully placed! Please remember the order No. xxxxx, and finish the payment within 15 mins...'

The other one was 'Your advance order has been paid successfully. Your order No. xxxxx. We will contact you at the first time when the tivket is start on sale.'

Both in English with some spelling mistakes. hot smiley

Date: January 20, 2014 12:04

6s7s9s
a bigger nut
6s7s9s

I already got a reply.

I sent an enquiry just after my order as I don't have an address in China.
Then I got this reply in 20 minutes.

Date: January 20, 2014 12:06

a bigger nut
6s7s9s
a bigger nut
6s7s9s

I already got a reply.

I sent an enquiry just after my order as I don't have an address in China.
Then I got this reply in 20 minutes.

Try en.damai.ch instead.

Date: January 20, 2014 12:09

Guys, I really don't know how I could help you. I am in China, Beijing. Got an address and a phone number. I can give them to you and could pick the tic up for you. But what if something goes wrong? I don't want anybody to have any problems... and it's a lot of money. But if you are willing to take a risk...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 20, 2014 12:25

Beast

Try en.damai.ch instead.

Here the link to Shanghai: [en.damai.cn]

(Don't confuse it with Macau.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 12:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 20, 2014 12:32

Irix
Beast

Try en.damai.ch instead.

seems like that there are only the most expensive tickets left. Good luck to all who go to Shanghai

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 20, 2014 12:50

Grison

seems like that there are only the most expensive tickets left.

Would be interesting, if BV had right as he said: "Singapore and Shanghai? They will sell out in 1-2 hours ..." smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-21 09:25 by Irix.

Date: January 20, 2014 13:09

Irix
Beast

Try en.damai.ch instead.

Just checked... It's exactly 2 hours after the sale started. And ONLY the cheapest tix are gone -- 480 RMB. All the others still available. It will not sell out soon. You still have 7 options, and only 1 is sold out. The cheapest tix were obviously picked up by scalpers. 95% of the Chinese could and would not pay more than 480 yuan for tic. So there is still some money to make on those for scalpers... and these would still be cheaper than the 680 tix, which will sell out next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 13:43 by frenki09.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 20, 2014 20:31

OK now I can tell you what I had to delete before when people panicked. The pisser is that like last time, tickets for Shanghai actually went on sale tow days before the OFFICIAL date. Some people have known they had a confirmed pit ticket two days ahead of the sale I posted that and was asked/begged/cajoled into removing the info before scalpers descended. The cheap seats are gone, but I have a feeling the Shanghai show will be an easy score IF you can get there. I am surprised at the prices though.

Date: January 21, 2014 04:15

So who said that the tix for Shanghai will sell out in 1-2 hours? I wonder if it's gonna be as slow as Macau... But seriously, the prices are just insane! Insane for mainland China. I simply couldn't believe my eyes... So it's another Stones concert with 90% foreigners...

Date: January 21, 2014 04:24

kahoosier
OK now I can tell you what I had to delete before when people panicked. The pisser is that like last time, tickets for Shanghai actually went on sale tow days before the OFFICIAL date. Some people have known they had a confirmed pit ticket two days ahead of the sale I posted that and was asked/begged/cajoled into removing the info before scalpers descended. The cheap seats are gone, but I have a feeling the Shanghai show will be an easy score IF you can get there. I am surprised at the prices though.

You mean confirmed pit tickets for the price of one of three VIP packages (8880, 5880, 3880)? Why would they do that? I mean why start selling tix two days ahead and not tell anyone? What is the idea behind that? Who bought those tickets that went on sale two days ahead if nobody knew about it (except you, perhaps)? Did you get a pit ticket for yourself two days ahead? For how much? And why would they let you post your msg now? You have the feeling that Shanghai will be an easy score? Why?

A lota questions, huh? smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-22 04:00 by frenki09.

Date: January 21, 2014 05:59

Anyone ever use that SmartTicket in China? They are asking for a bank transfer to pay for the ticket.

Shouldn't they be able to take my credit card?

Date: January 21, 2014 06:50

frenki09
kahoosier

You mean confirmed pit tickets for the price of one of three VIP packages (8880, 5880, 3880)? Why would they do that? I mean why start selling tix two days ahead and not tell anyone? What is the idea behind that? Did you get a pit ticket for yourself two days ahead? For how much? And why would they let you post your msg now? You have the feeling that Shanghai will be an easy score? Why?

In a Japanese community board, there were guys planning of going to Shanghai. All of them shocked its ticket price.eye popping smiley
I was estimating that price will be as Macau or maybe slightly higher.

I understand this price if arena sized or BUDOKAN show is going be held in Tokyo but not in Shanghai.
Now they have 2nd largest economy in the world and Shanghai will be one of the most wealthy cities in mainland china. But per capita income is still much lower than Tokyo or other western countries.

Date: January 21, 2014 08:27

a bigger nut
frenki09
kahoosier

You mean confirmed pit tickets for the price of one of three VIP packages (8880, 5880, 3880)? Why would they do that? I mean why start selling tix two days ahead and not tell anyone? What is the idea behind that? Did you get a pit ticket for yourself two days ahead? For how much? And why would they let you post your msg now? You have the feeling that Shanghai will be an easy score? Why?

In a Japanese community board, there were guys planning of going to Shanghai. All of them shocked its ticket price.eye popping smiley
I was estimating that price will be as Macau or maybe slightly higher.

I understand this price if arena sized or BUDOKAN show is going be held in Tokyo but not in Shanghai.
Now they have 2nd largest economy in the world and Shanghai will be one of the most wealthy cities in mainland china. But per capita income is still much lower than Tokyo or other western countries.

Nothing justifies these prices. In China per capita income is WAY lower than in any other countries, cities the Stones will visit or already vistited... (I'm not sure if Shanghai can be called a wealthy city... Not sure how you define a wealthy city.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-21 08:28 by frenki09.

Date: January 21, 2014 16:17

kahoosier

Well are you surprised you were asked to delete that post, useful as it might have been to those who wanted to buy a ticket for their own use - as opposed to buying it for the purpose of scalping it ?

Look at this for the Macau show:

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

57 pit tickets starting at over GBP£800 and going up to £7000 !!

And you're actually surprised (are you) that some of us who wanted to go to Shanghai didn't really want to face the same kind of scenario for that show ?

Get real Doc - please !!

Date: January 23, 2014 03:11

6s7s9s, could you get your ticket ?

I am not.
And thinking of going to Shanghai without reserved one.

If you got, please tell me how to get it.

Date: January 23, 2014 04:22

a bigger nut
6s7s9s, could you get your ticket ?

I am not.
And thinking of going to Shanghai without reserved one.

If you got, please tell me how to get it.

I did NOT. I emailed them the next day, asking how they would like payment. They sent me routing and account numbers for a bank transfer, then almost immediately emailed back and said NOT to send a bank transfer. I think at that point they realized I was not in China and told me my booking was cancelled and that I needed a Chinese cell phone # to complete the sale.
So I am in the same situation...will probably hope that the show doesn't sell out and head to ticket office as soon as I arrive in Shanghai and buy a ticket. Let me know if you think of any other solutions.

Date: January 23, 2014 06:26

It is same.
I sent an email how to pay by bank transfer but they answered they don't accept.

We are in a same boat.

Now I am sending another email to damai.cn.
I don't know if they give me an available answer.
I am going to write here, when I got a reply.

Date: January 23, 2014 07:46

People, one way around it is possibly to make a hotel booking, then withdraw the necessary funds in Chinese currency in whatever country you're in, stick it in an envelope addressed to "smartticket", send it by UPS or FEDEX to the hotel, and meanwhile liaise with someone in reception at the hotel to accept the package and arrange for its contents (the envelope containing the cash) to be picked up by a representative from smartticket at a particular date and time that you will have arranged with them.

Horribly complicated I grant you, and possibly risky, but it would be one option you could explore ........

Good luck anyway

Date: January 23, 2014 09:59

That is all if you are using Smart Ticket, no? But it seems you can pay by bank transfer from outside China if you use Damai. Don't know how the delivery works exactly, though. Payment info is here:

[en.damai.cn]

Delivery info here:

[en.damai.cn]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-23 10:02 by Beast.

Date: January 23, 2014 10:29

Beast
That is all if you are using Smart Ticket, no ? But it seems you can pay by bank transfer from outside China if you use Damai. Don't know how the delivery works exactly, though. Payment info is here:

[en.damai.cn]

Delivery info here:

[en.damai.cn]

<<< That is all if you are using Smart Ticket, no ? >>>

Indeed

<<< But it seems you can pay by bank transfer from outside China if you use Damai >>>

There are you people ........... a solution

Date: January 23, 2014 10:38

Hi 6s7s9s,

Send enquiry to ponypiao-sc@damai.cn

I got a reply that they accept payment through Western Union and pick up at their Shanghai office.
I don't know where it is in Shanghai tho.

Date: January 23, 2014 12:05

a bigger nut
Hi 6s7s9s,

Send enquiry to ponypiao-sc@damai.cn

I got a reply that they accept payment through Western Union and pick up at their Shanghai office.
I don't know where it is in Shanghai tho.

[www.westernunion.cn]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home