Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Shanghai Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 29, 2014 09:27

Frenki09, if you go back to the ABB Shanghai show threads, you will see that historically this is what happened. The Stones confirmed the show and gave a date tickets went on sale. Immediately the promoter put up a website, and through it you were able to buy tickets. News Traveled like wildfire, the site closed their links and did not re-open them until the later official sale date. Nonetheless, the promoter choose to honor those of us that bought the first tickets , early or not. This is historical fact, it's documented in past threads, if you disbelieve you go through the archives , I have no need, I had one of those tickets.

Knowing that, and having discussed that with friends here, a small number of diligent people went to the sites as soon as it was tweeted that the shows were official.Whether you choose to believe it or not, some of them got the 8880 RMB pit tickets, and confirmation of the order , 2 days prior to the official sale. They know who they are, IF they want to confirm this and step forward, ok, they can However it is not my place to name their names. Though since they are secure in their tickets , it would be nice if someone would step forward and back me up.

When I came back and posted about the early sale again, there were concerns, valid and exaggerated, that if suddenly more people started doing it, unlike last time, the promoter might shut down the links AND NOT honor the early sale, just refund any bank transfers. There was also concern pointed out to me that not only was I giving this info to dedicated fans but to possible scalpers prior to official.
sale. I deleted the thread.

Those are the facts, you ask me why would they do that. How in the hell should I know why they did that the last time and repeated it with this beginning. Why did Keith play the opening to Start Me Up incorrectly at both Hyde Parks shows. More than likely the answer to all those questions involves the phrase "screw up" I doubt there was a hidden master plan, I certainly was no part of any conspiracy, nor I am not going to Shanghai this time. Yes I did buy Shanghai tickets early last time ( my sister is on the rail of the Shanghai show on the ABB DVD several times) You want me to answer why it happened that way. I can't But why would I post all of this if it weren't true. Believe it or not , I certainly do have better things to do than that.

And why do I think Shanghai will be an easy score? Well head to the ticket site, every category of tickets is wide open, you can still easily get into the tongue pit. Those were gone on minutes for most of the Australian shows. Having lived out in the Asian Pacific World for many years, in fact most of this millennium, knowing what the last Shanghai show was like, seeing these prices , well it's not insider trading, its more like connect the dots...this show will be full , but these tickets at these prices will move slow. If you want one, you can get one.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 29, 2014 09:47

kahoosier
Frenki09, if you go back to the ABB Shanghai show threads, you will see that historically this is what happened. The Stones confirmed the show and gave a date tickets went on sale. Immediately the promoter put up a website, and through it you were able to buy tickets. News Traveled like wildfire, the site closed their links and did not re-open them until the later official sale date. Nonetheless, the promoter choose to honor those of us that bought the first tickets , early or not. This is historical fact, it's documented in past threads, if you disbelieve you go through the archives , I have no need, I had one of those tickets.

Knowing that, and having discussed that with friends here, a small number of diligent people went to the sites as soon as it was tweeted that the shows were official.Whether you choose to believe it or not, some of them got the 8880 RMB pit tickets, and confirmation of the order , 2 days prior to the official sale. They know who they are, IF they want to confirm this and step forward, ok, they can However it is not my place to name their names. Though since they are secure in their tickets , it would be nice if someone would step forward and back me up.

When I came back and posted about the early sale again, there were concerns, valid and exaggerated, that if suddenly more people started doing it, unlike last time, the promoter might shut down the links AND NOT honor the early sale, just refund any bank transfers. There was also concern pointed out to me that not only was I giving this info to dedicated fans but to possible scalpers prior to official.
sale. I deleted the thread.

Those are the facts, you ask me why would they do that. How in the hell should I know why they did that the last time and repeated it with this beginning. Why did Keith play the opening to Start Me Up incorrectly at both Hyde Parks shows. More than likely the answer to all those questions involves the phrase "screw up" I doubt there was a hidden master plan, I certainly was no part of any conspiracy, nor I am not going to Shanghai this time. Yes I did buy Shanghai tickets early last time ( my sister is on the rail of the Shanghai show on the ABB DVD several times) You want me to answer why it happened that way. I can't But why would I post all of this if it weren't true. Believe it or not , I certainly do have better things to do than that.

And why do I think Shanghai will be an easy score? Well head to the ticket site, every category of tickets is wide open, you can still easily get into the tongue pit. Those were gone on minutes for most of the Australian shows. Having lived out in the Asian Pacific World for many years, in fact most of this millennium, knowing what the last Shanghai show was like, seeing these prices , well it's not insider trading, its more like connect the dots...this show will be full , but these tickets at these prices will move slow. If you want one, you can get one.

True ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 29, 2014 21:18

dooomandglooom
I live in outside of China.
I was told to pay via Western Union by Damai.
And I paid and let him know, but any reaction doesn't come back.

If you are sure that you were communicating with Damai, it should be fine, but to me, any time anyone asks for money be Western Union, I run the other way because there is so much fraud using Western Union.

Date: January 29, 2014 21:28

paulywaul
drbryant
Macau was very reasonably priced, and online ticketing was a breeze. Pit tickets were less than $400 and they were available for a while during the presale as I recall. I am not surprised it's sold out.

Shanghai, in addition to being impossible to figure out how to buy tickets from overseas, is terribly overpriced. At the end of the day, I'm sure they'll figure out how to fill the place, but it appears to be the poorest selling show I can recall. I suspect they'll need to drop those prices somehow.

Yup, only wish I'd realised at that time that I was going to have the time off work and be able to attend, I'd have grabbed one. And so now instead it's the waiting game (for prices to drop) with Viagogo and the others ........ o well !

Usually, I would be confident of ticket drops, but the risk with Macao is that the Venetian could absorb those tickets with ease for use as comps. But those Viagogo tickets have to start falling at some point.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 29, 2014 23:00

smileys with beer Thank you Paulywauly smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 30, 2014 13:41

Hot off the press. Our Shanghai tickets have been delivered and they say row 2, seats 24-25.

I'm told the authorities are not keen on the notion of standing only...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-30 18:12 by Beast.

Date: January 30, 2014 14:07

Beast
Hot off the press. Our Shanghai tickets have been delivered and they say row 2, seats 24-25.

I'm told the authorities are not keen on the nption of standing only...

This reminds me of when I saw David Bowie on the last date of his Serious Moonlight Tour at the Coliseum in Hong Kong. This was December 1983 and despite it being a very Western audience as you would expect back then, we were told by the numerous attendants dressed in red coats that we should stay in our seats, no standing allowed or sitting in the aisle, no smoking, drinking or eating was permitted either. It wasn't until the opening bars of China Girl that everyone stood up and started dancing and it resembled a normal gig!

Date: January 30, 2014 17:23

Beast

I'm told the authorities are not keen on the nption of standing only...

Well, standing or sitting, those sound like damn good seats.

Date: January 30, 2014 18:11

Agreed, drbryant - can't get too much better than that either way!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: January 31, 2014 02:24

dooomandglooom

I got a mail yesterday that they confirmed my payment through Western Union.

Date: January 31, 2014 06:49

a bigger nut
dooomandglooom

That's great news. I see all of those tickets available online and I am very, very tempted to go. But, after getting back from Macau on Monday - turn around and leave Wednesday to see a show in Shanghai? I'm worried I might get fired (or divorced). Hoping for Singapore.

Date: February 1, 2014 16:42

drbryant
a bigger nut
dooomandglooom

That's great news. I see all of those tickets available online and I am very, very tempted to go. But, after getting back from Macau on Monday - turn around and leave Wednesday to see a show in Shanghai? I'm worried I might get fired (or divorced). Hoping for Singapore.

I'm sure Mrs drbryant is a reasonable and understanding girl ............ winking smiley

Date: February 1, 2014 16:43

Beast

I'm told the authorities are not keen on the notion of standing only...

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley and even hot smiley ................ and so on !

Date: February 10, 2014 14:36

32 days to go ...... gettin' there !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2014 14:53

Beast
Very strange pricing policy. They may have shot themselves in the foot. Or perhaps they were hoping to attract the billionaires - Beijing and Shanghai apparently have the fifth and sixth largest number of billionaires in the world!

[www.theguardian.com]

Hasn't that been their basic modus operandi more and more each year since about 1998?

Date: February 11, 2014 03:39

No doubt - but there's quite a discrepancy between some of the prices in Shanghai and elsewhere.

Date: February 20, 2014 10:56

[en.damai.cn]

It looks 680 and 1280 CNY seats are sold out.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: February 20, 2014 17:21

Yes, it will be interesting to see how they fill the pit and those first 10 rows.

Date: February 20, 2014 18:22

And all the rest as well, given that only the three cheapest of the seven different ticket categories have sold out!

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: February 24, 2014 11:00

Will the selection of songs be as restricted as in 2006? If yes, you could possibly get some rarities there because Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women or Beast of Burden wouldn't be played then I think.

Date: February 25, 2014 16:26

Gosh, just looked at the site we bought tickets off back in January, and it ain't exactly selling well !

There's 8 price categories ranging from 480 yuan (GBP£47) to a staggering 8880 yuan (GBP£868), and only the two cheapest (480 & 680 yuan respectively) are currently showing as sold out, the rest remain available.

I'm wondering whether or not I'm in for a private show ? winking smiley

Two weeks tomorrow hot smiley

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: February 27, 2014 20:45

No private show...there will be two of us.

Seriously, tho, have they ever cancelled a show because tickets didn't sell?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 28, 2014 00:11

Well if the promoter are smart they will use the "flex pricing" model they did here in the U.S. this past tour and start seriously discounting those expensive tickets if the Government will allow them to do this.

Date: February 28, 2014 14:48

6s7s9s
No private show...there will be two of us.

Seriously, tho, have they ever cancelled a show because tickets didn't sell?

Make that three cool smiley

Date: March 5, 2014 08:12

According to [www.shmetro.com], last train from nearest station to the venue depart at 10:55pm to center city direction.
If show starts 8pm, there is spare time but it is better to take care.

I don't know why such an early last train in megacity Shanghai.

Taxi fare in china is very cheap tho.

Date: March 5, 2014 09:12

I'm amazed by the complete lack of interest in Shanghai. How could they possibly have misread demand this badly?

Date: March 8, 2014 15:06

On the streets of Shanghai ..........

Date: March 8, 2014 18:21

drbryant
I'm amazed by the complete lack of interest in Shanghai. How could they possibly have misread demand this badly?

It truly is amazing, & to illustrate the extent to which they've possibly misread demand, just look at this (below) ......... all but the two very cheapest categories of tickets still available. The show is 4 days from now.

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: March 9, 2014 14:09

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 9, 2014 18:22

paulywaul
On the streets of Shanghai ..........

What a great photo! I would love to get one of those posters!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home