Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Most disappointing Stones tour
Date: January 7, 2014 16:59

Silver Dagger
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

In 1966 Keith played the riff. I can't listen to this song without the riff being properly played. That's why I don't like the 69 version that much.

Hmm, the 1969 Satisfaction focuses more on the sex angle AND introduces more in the way of musical interaction between the band. Maybe too much ear candy for yah?

It's hard to deny the aceness of the breakdown and build up section with Jagger preening and the players weaving.... Dance music with meaning. winking smiley

The 69 version was their take on Otis Redding's take of the song.

I know, but that came off better later on, Mike. For instance with this version:

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 7, 2014 20:28

Silver Dagger

The 69 version was their take on Otis Redding's take of the song.

They did it better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-07 20:30 by His Majesty.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 7, 2014 20:41

DandelionPowderman
alimente
Every tour after 1973 was disappointing for the die-hards at first. Only time told otherwise and appreciation rose in some cases.

The Taylorites, you mean? The die-hards are the ones that still support the Stones and attend their shows thumbs up Think about the meaning of the expression "die-hards" for a second winking smiley

Thanks for your generous advice, but I usually think before I write something, so...
Anyway, being a die-hard does not prevent from being disappointed, and I'm not talking about Taylorites here. Fact is that (some/many?) were disappointed in 1975, 1976, 1978, 1981, 1982 - and, surprise, surprise - pleasantly surprised in 1989/90, but that had something to do with the fact that noone knew what to expect after this 7 years break or even because expectations were quite low at the time.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: January 7, 2014 20:44

Otis had never even heard the Stones version when he was prodded into doing Satisfaction. He just winged it and forgot some of the lyrics, which led to the ad libs/vamps.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 7, 2014 20:53

None: it's not the tours, it's some of the gigs.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: January 7, 2014 21:03

none

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home