Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I am curious is there ever a documented time where Woody was flaming pissed at Mick
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:21

in other words not simply the junior partner in the band but honest to gawd - stare down pissed at Jagger enough to tell him to fugg right off? '85 sessions for Dirty Work maybe?? Other times? Or he always been the 'little brother' and his words fallen on deaf ears?

Re: I am curious is there ever a documented time where Woody was flaming pissed at Mick
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:33

Doesn't sound like Ronnie does it?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: I am curious is there ever a documented time where Woody was flaming pissed at Mick
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:34

LSTNT screencaps >grinning smiley<

HMN

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:39

Nice pictures Honestman

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:45

gotdablouse
Doesn't sound like Ronnie does it?

It depends on whether the agitator is male or female.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 2, 2013 22:05

oh right, there was that dreadful ekat incident...

Great caps HM !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 2, 2013 23:11

Thanks Honestman! Everybody thought of the same little nugget >grinning smiley<

Notice how Micks off stage clothes would have been great on stage. Instead of that horrible outfit.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 2, 2013 23:56

Redhotcarpet
Thanks Honestman! Everybody thought of the same little nugget >grinning smiley<

Notice how Micks off stage clothes would have been great on stage. Instead of that horrible outfit.

So true about the clothes.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 3, 2013 00:35

Is that part on teh tube of you?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 3, 2013 00:44

That is not a picture of Woody being pissed at Mick. That is picture of private Wood being told off by staff sergeant Jagger...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 3, 2013 00:54

Looks like 81, 82...
From everything I've read, Mick was a bitch in that era....
and he was doing a lot of coke.
But I can't imagine Ronnie being pissed at anybody for too long.
That's his secret to his staying power with the Stones.
Ronnie just breezes through the BS and drama.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 3, 2013 01:25

Only Charlie is allowed to get "flaming pissed" at Mick, and get away with it....

Date: November 3, 2013 02:27

Thanks for the clip, Stonehearted. I wonder if that Charlie story really is true though. If you confronted Charlie with it would he acknowledge it? I don't think so.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 3, 2013 10:47

I bet Wood knows the saying 'don't bite the hand that feeds' very well.

Mathijs

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 3, 2013 14:23

Not filmed?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 3, 2013 15:11

These stills are right from the movie LETS SPEND THE NITE TOGETHER during NEIGHBORS

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 3, 2013 15:15

Was Ron Wood ever flaming pissed at anyone?

He's like the guy you can't get mad at and he can't get mad at anyone.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 3, 2013 15:53

@ honestman

Thanks for the hillarious photos.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 3, 2013 16:00

Stoneage
Thanks for the clip, Stonehearted. I wonder if that Charlie story really is true though. If you confronted Charlie with it would he acknowledge it? I don't think so.

I am sure this happened. Maybe not exactly the way it has filtered down to hoi polloi. But I am sure Charlie hit Mick first and got the best of this situation. All drummers have to be in decent enough shape. So wacking Mick was not too hard.

Date: November 3, 2013 21:44

triceratops
Stoneage

I am sure this happened. Maybe not exactly the way it has filtered down to hoi polloi. But I am sure Charlie hit Mick first and got the best of this situation. All drummers have to be in decent enough shape. So wacking Mick was not too hard.

The thing is, none of the principals in that story have ever refuted it, not even Mick. And it's been nearly 30 years, and it's been written about in other biographical sources besides Keith's book.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 3, 2013 22:09

Honestman

LSTNT screencaps >grinning smiley<

That's funny.................

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 3, 2013 22:14

BowieStone
Was Ron Wood ever flaming pissed at anyone?

He's like the guy you can't get mad at and he can't get mad at anyone.

Katia?

As someone once said. in defence of Ron Wood making it with a 19 year old waitress, she was a 19 year old waitress..............

And, it's a step up from check out girls striking poses......(Mick said that was Ron's line about loads of girls he came across in Irish supermarkets........

Date: November 3, 2013 22:23

So, if we are to believe Keith: If Keith hadn't decided to save his jacket, Watts would have killed Jagger? Imagine the headlines!

Date: November 3, 2013 23:00

Stoneage
So, if we are to believe Keith: If Keith hadn't decided to save his jacket, Watts would have killed Jagger? Imagine the headlines!

Yes, just think: Charlie could have been convicted of mickslaughter.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 4, 2013 01:50

That old line of Keith's about the jacket never sounded true to me, sorry Stoneage. It's too pat and I just can't believe any one garment could be all that important to a multi-millionaire. Sounds like the typical Stones style of propaganda, this time using affable and utterly unthreatening old Charlie Watts as a foil, and I for one have always found the entire story ridiculous. "Drummers have great timing" so naturally they punch really well? Come on! Ping Pong players have great timing as well. So do figure skaters for that matter. Doesn't mean they can fight worth a damn though and go's to show how uninformed the Stones media manipulators still believed their fans to be during this time.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 01:53

I'm almost certain I saw Charlie confirm it somewhere. However, as I can't remember where, that's not much help, I realize. He certainly confirmed the part about "don't call me your drummer."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 4, 2013 03:41

Aquamarine
I'm almost certain I saw Charlie confirm it somewhere. However, as I can't remember where, that's not much help, I realize. He certainly confirmed the part about "don't call me your drummer."

He did. However it was not the way Keith stated it. Afterall, he did fall out of a coconut tree while painting the ceiling with Muddy Waters...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 4, 2013 04:13

rob51
That old line of Keith's about the jacket never sounded true to me, sorry Stoneage. It's too pat and I just can't believe any one garment could be all that important to a multi-millionaire. Sounds like the typical Stones style of propaganda, this time using affable and utterly unthreatening old Charlie Watts as a foil, and I for one have always found the entire story ridiculous. "Drummers have great timing" so naturally they punch really well? Come on! Ping Pong players have great timing as well. So do figure skaters for that matter. Doesn't mean they can fight worth a damn though and go's to show how uninformed the Stones media manipulators still believed their fans to be during this time.

It sounded a little far fetched to me too. I don't doubt that Charlie punched Mick and all that, but the part about sliding across the table towards an open window and certain death just sounds like exaggeration. The physics don't even sound right, but the part about how Keith would have let him die if not for his jacket sounds equally goofy.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 04:17

It's a great story, though--I bet everyone who read the book remembers it. Go to Bill for the facts, go to Keith for an entertaining larger-than-life tale, with a layer of facts underneath.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 4, 2013 13:55

i wanna know who the two ladies are in the photo next to ronnie .maybe one of them is jo ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-04 13:55 by TheGreek.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home