Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I am curious is there ever a documented time where Woody was flaming pissed at Mick
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 4, 2013 17:00

Aquamarine
It's a great story, though--I bet everyone who read the book remembers it. Go to Bill for the facts, go to Keith for an entertaining larger-than-life tale, with a layer of facts underneath.

Go to Bill for facts and other peoples telling of things dressed as Bill facts. grinning smiley

Re: I am curious is there ever a documented time where Woody was flaming pissed at Mick
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 4, 2013 19:44

I've never believed the Charlie story either...
so easily confirmed yet it hasn't been, has it...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:02

duke richardson

But it's also never been denied by any of them, which makes me think there is a fair amount of truth there.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:10

Charlie probably pushed Mick who was a bit drunk.
End of story.

The jacket thing is typically something that Keith would make up.
Like Muddy painting the ceiling.

Date: November 4, 2013 21:30

latebloomer
duke richardson

But it's also never been denied by any of them, which makes me think there is a fair amount of truth there.

there's no denying that there's been no denying..

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:49

duke richardson
latebloomer
duke richardson

there's no denying that there's been no denying..

I deny everything.

Date: November 4, 2013 21:55

talk about denial with a great big 'D'..

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: November 4, 2013 22:10

rob51
That old line of Keith's about the jacket never sounded true to me, sorry Stoneage. It's too pat and I just can't believe any one garment could be all that important to a multi-millionaire. Sounds like the typical Stones style of propaganda, this time using affable and utterly unthreatening old Charlie Watts as a foil, and I for one have always found the entire story ridiculous.

I think Keith has a "thing" for his jackets. I seem to recall reading in, maybe Stanley Booth's book(?), that the thing that pissed off Keith the most about Altamont was that he had to leave behind at least one, and maybe two (military-style?) jackets. Anybody else recall that?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 22:50

Yes, you're right. Also, and I have no idea whether the jacket story in his book is true or not, but surely the point about it was that it was his wedding jacket, not just any old jacket? So, IF true, I could understand the "thing" he had about it.

Date: November 4, 2013 23:04

He also joked that he was intentionally late for the Beggars Banquet in 1968 due to him not wanting to have his velvet jacket ruined by the pie throwing.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 4, 2013 23:36

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: November 5, 2013 05:15

EddieByword
Honestman

LSTNT screencaps >grinning smiley<

That's funny.................
I hate to bring up a done to death subject, but the funniest part is that Mick and Ronnie were the same height back then.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 5, 2013 05:20

<<Mick and Ronnie were the same height back then.>>

So Mick's only 5' 9" then? Looking at the photo 4th from the bottom, when you see Mick reflected in the mirror as he holds his watch in Ronnie's face, you see that Mick also has high-rise sneakers on. So, 5' 8" or so, tops.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 5, 2013 07:49

TheGreek
i wanna know who the two ladies are in the photo next to ronnie .maybe one of them is jo ?

one of them is Jo

HMN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 5, 2013 12:27

Roscoe
I seem to recall reading in, maybe Stanley Booth's book(?), that the thing that pissed off Keith the most about Altamont
was that he had to leave behind at least one, and maybe two (military-style?) jackets. Anybody else recall that?

It was indeed STanley Booth's book that states that two of Keith's favourite coats got left behind at Altamont -
a Nazi-officer-style leather greatcoat (seen in photos where Keith's on a motorcycle next to a pool in November 69)
and what Keith described as a gypsy wedding coat, which he's wearing in the photos from the 1969 Isle of Wight festival

He does indeed seem to have something of a "thing" about his jackets and coats.

Date: November 5, 2013 12:46

with sssoul

grinning smiley

I left yah a wee message in Hyde Park thread,

His Majesty
with sssoul
(The Department of Historical Trivia would like to add
that the film of the 1969 Hyde Park show includes audience shots from the Blind Faith show a month earlier.)

Yah sure about that? confused smiley

The Blind Faith DVD of their concert does include audience footage from the 5th July though.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 5, 2013 12:54

with sssoul
Roscoe
I seem to recall reading in, maybe Stanley Booth's book(?), that the thing that pissed off Keith the most about Altamont
was that he had to leave behind at least one, and maybe two (military-style?) jackets. Anybody else recall that?

It was indeed STanley Booth's book that states that two of Keith's favourite coats got left behind at Altamont -
a Nazi-officer-style leather greatcoat (seen in photos where Keith's on a motorcycle next to a pool in November 69)
and what Keith described as a gypsy wedding coat, which he's wearing in the photos from the 1969 Isle of Wight festival

I seem to recall a story about Mick throwing one of Keiths leather jackets in the crowd during a show, Keith then being pissed at Mick for not getting it back, and this being the background to the song "Leather jacket". Am I mixing things up?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 5, 2013 13:05

Greg
with sssoul
Roscoe

I seem to recall a story about Mick throwing one of Keiths leather jackets in the crowd during a show, Keith then being pissed at Mick for not getting it back, and this being the background to the song "Leather jacket". Am I mixing things up?

Probably, because the Rolling Stones version of Leather Jacket is an instrumental, the song was only released by Mick Taylor on his solo-LP ... it´s a Taylor-Song written "for Keith" I suppose winking smiley!

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 5, 2013 13:11

Aha, I smell a conspiracy: the let's rob Keith of his jacket plot.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2013 13:12

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home