Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: A Bigger Bang
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 18, 2013 21:27

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
when BRIDGES TO BABYLON was released, was there even net yet?

Yes there was... and the chat room was called Very English and Rolling Stones or something like that.. after it faded away I think Toru (or somebody) started antoher similar room.

I first encountered Rolling Hansie (and some others) back then and we even scheduled and I attended a big Stones concert preparty In Columbus with 15-20 people from that room. I wonder how many/if any of those people post here? I know and am very happy that Hans does, he is one of IORR's greats!

That's cool, Max! But IORR also existed in 1997, pre-B2B. That's when I joined this forum.
smileys with beer You are one of IORR's great member too DandelionPowderman. I sincerley appreciate the positives you and members like Rolling Hansie post here. Cheers!!

Date: December 18, 2013 23:13

Likewise, Max smileys with beer

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 21, 2013 07:53

I am truely sorry but I wish I could offer a kinder opinion but the Stones have truely sucked for years now! This proves it and I'll take on any comers.

Confession; Damn, I like Bigger Bang.
Posted by: doster ()
Date: December 31, 2013 02:16

Hey, it's no Beggars Banquet, but after a long hiatus, I listened to it and enjoyed the songs.
There, I said it!
I hope history looks back with kind words for this album.

Re: Confession; Damn, I like Bigger Bang.
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 31, 2013 02:24

Songs are Mighty fine, it's just the production and mastering that are abyssmal...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 31, 2013 02:25

...the most debated Stones album ever here on IORR ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:09

The Bigger Bang album wasn't bad. One thing I liked about the album was that it was the first album the Stones made, probably since Beggar's Banquet, where they didn't use a lot of guest musicians. With the exception of a keyboard player it was practically just them on the album. There was no Bernard Fowler or Lisa Fisher or any horn section, etc.

Rob

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:13

I like it too.

Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges, & Bigger Bang would have all been better if they had been made for vinyl release.

Trim each of them to their 9 or 10 best tracks, assuming they cropped the correct songs, and you've got a pretty solid late run of albums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 05:15 by JimmyTheSaint.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 31, 2013 12:20

originalstones
The Bigger Bang album wasn't bad. One thing I liked about the album was that it was the first album the Stones made, probably since Beggar's Banquet, where they didn't use a lot of guest musicians. With the exception of a keyboard player it was practically just them on the album. There was no Bernard Fowler or Lisa Fisher or any horn section, etc.

Some Girls was like that as well.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 31, 2013 20:28

Its a solid friggen album. Its too long but the writing and musicianship was there and its the only later era album I can really say I enjoy. To me, minus two songs or so, the others are unlistenable to me. A Bigger Bang stood up and I have no idea why it gets so much shit (its been explained to me, I just don't agree) other than it was their last album so we have to shit on it until a new one comes out.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2013 21:11

It was good but the production is seriously flawed. There are also some tracks that should have been left off. Sweet Neo Con and Infamy are terrible.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 1, 2014 00:12

Voodoo Lounge, Bridges, & Bigger Bang

Got the official releases of these but could anyone point me in the right direction of the best Alt mix / Bootleg / demo's type thing of these?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 1, 2014 01:48

Captainchaos
Voodoo Lounge, Bridges, & Bigger Bang

Got the official releases of these but could anyone point me in the right direction of the best Alt mix / Bootleg / demo's type thing of these?

Voodoo Residue is just over a couple hours worth and is available on YouTube. It is also available as a 2-CD package.

Voodoo Brew and Voodoo Stew are each 4-CD packages, and all of the above can be purchased by mail order from this U.S. distributor: [cdcollection.fcpages.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2014 20:44

Rockman
...the most debated Stones album ever here on IORR ...

Eh, it's probably DIRTY WORK followed by UNDERCOVER and then ABB...

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: January 3, 2014 04:10

agree,seiten.excellent record.but how dissapointing with not one since.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 3, 2014 07:05

DandelionPowderman
Biggest Mistake has an Aftermath-feel to it, imo. Something about the chorus, and Keith's guitar playing as well.

I didn't like it at first, but this is one of the ABB-songs that really has grown on me - probably my favourite from that album today.

I've always been convinced that "Biggest Mistake" is a leftover from Alfie--just sounds so musically and lyrically tied to that project.

Anyone know anything about this?

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: January 3, 2014 07:32

I'm with you on this one seitan. Although I quite like SOL. It worked really well live.
Just don't care for the guitar sound that much or "Sweet Neocon" and Keith's two songs. Ditch those three for me and have a warmer guitar sound and it's a ball tearer to me.

smoking smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: January 3, 2014 18:46

GREAT album, Better without stupid neocon and look what cat

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 11, 2014 01:16

Parts of ABB are quite unlistenable without permanent damage to one's IQ and self-respect. But a few other parts are marvelous, and surprisingly well-produced. Listen to how good Charlie sounds on "Dangerous Beauty", for example ... that crisp smack as he pounds the living crap out of the drums is a joy to listen to.

Drew

Posted by: keith1000 ()
Date: January 17, 2014 23:35

infamy is really awesome! but nothing else is
i don't like the album but i love the idea of it
and i absolutely LOVE the tour!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 18, 2014 00:38

Rev. Robert W.
DandelionPowderman
Biggest Mistake has an Aftermath-feel to it, imo. Something about the chorus, and Keith's guitar playing as well.

I didn't like it at first, but this is one of the ABB-songs that really has grown on me - probably my favourite from that album today.

I've always been convinced that "Biggest Mistake" is a leftover from Alfie--just sounds so musically and lyrically tied to that project.

Anyone know anything about this?

Keith pushed Mick to write this song, so I doubt if Mick wrote it for Alfie.
It's all about Jerry.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home