Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 23
Re: OT: RAY & DAVE DAVIES were on stage together tonight!!
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 19, 2015 05:34

Excellent!

OK Guys, time to take the next step!!!hot smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 19, 2015 05:57

BEAST...THANKS FOR THIS!

I'M HAPPY YOU WERE THERE!

Date: December 19, 2015 06:28

awesome. probably the closest thing to a reunion we'll get

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 19, 2015 09:12

Thanks for sharing this!! Amazing...

Date: December 19, 2015 11:30

Yeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!

Thanks, Beast smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 19, 2015 11:36

Well done Pauly and Beast for being in the right place at the right time - and fingers crossed that this isn't a one-off!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 19, 2015 12:39

Celluloid heroes of mine

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 19, 2015 12:44

Pauly and Beast!!!! ....WOW!! never knew they were in the movies

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: December 19, 2015 12:54

I was there (on stage) last night with Ray and Dave and it was incredible.

OT Dave Davies Tomorrow night
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: December 17, 2015 13:28

Dave Davies plays Islington Assembly Halls tomorrow night

[www.noblepr.co.uk]

There appear to be still tickets left - other ticket vendors are available

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

What will it be like ? His Live From The Bottom Line CD was a cracker but that was a few years back, after the alien abduction but before he forgot how to play guitar (amazingly he has re-learnt, with Ray's help)

No idea if Ray is putting in an appearance - it's on his old manor, so he's no excuse and it would bring 2015 to a fitting close musicwise

Anyway I'll be there (Kings Head on Upper Street @ 1900ish if anyone fancies a beer) and will write it up for my blog in due course

Dave is a fantastic guitarist and has written some fabulous songs - let's hope we see both tomorrow night...

Re: OT Dave Davies Tomorrow night
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 17, 2015 13:31

See you there!

Date: December 17, 2015 13:33

Sarah, I look forward to it.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 19, 2015 09:08

I remember reading this yesterday thinking "yeah right, like Ray is gonna appear. The dream is over guys."

What a @#$%& miracle this is. They are brothers. You can't replace that. This should have happened awhile ago. I'm happy it finally has. I'm going to bed with a smile tonight.

Re: OT: Kinks stuff - Kinks tour and more
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 19, 2015 14:36

Freakin' brilliant, Beast and Paul! Trust the pros to know where to put themselves every time :E
And thanks thanks thanks for that youtube clip - I'm sitting here glowing like a Kinky fool!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 19, 2015 14:44

I'm still buzzing from last night !!
Honestly, when Ray walked onto that stage, the good lady Beast and I were just delirious with all sorts of emotions ... and then when they burst into YOU REALLY GOT ME !!

PLEASE O PLEASE O PLEASE Ray and Dave, all the other Kinks are still out there, so put us long suffering KINKS fans out of our misery and ... yes you got it ... REFORM the band !!

Begging you, PLEASE !! I will attend EVERY show you do, PROMISE !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-19 14:45 by paulywaul.

Date: December 19, 2015 15:19

with sssoul
Freakin' brilliant, Beast and Paul! Trust the pros to know where to put themselves every time :E
And thanks thanks thanks for that youtube clip - I'm sitting here glowing like a Kinky fool!

I can fully relate lady sssoul, I've been grinning like an idiot myself ever since last night, just cannot wipe the smile off my chops !!

Date: December 19, 2015 15:38

The Kingsmen ......... [www.youtube.com]

But in celebration of all things KINK !!

[www.youtube.com]

>grinning smiley< grinning smiley hot smiley and so on and so on ... big grins and huge cartwheels !!

It's KINK Saturday !!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 19, 2015 15:43

It's a Kink weekend!

smileys with beer

Date: December 19, 2015 15:46

Cristiano Radtke
It's a Kink weekend!

smileys with beer

It is HERE Cristiano, that's for sure !!

>grinning smiley< grinning smiley hot smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 19, 2015 15:52

I was so happy last night when Beast kindly sent me two pics she took at the concert that I could hardly wait to come home and listen to some of my records. Actually, I'm doing that right now!

Cheers Pauly, Beast and everyone who was lucky to see this historic meeting! smileys with beer

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2015 16:25

WOW! This is historical stuff Beast and Pauly seeing the two brothers reunite! So please say, how was the performance? How did they sound? How were they interacting with each other? Wow! Very very cool.

Ok, it is a Kinks weekend here as well! I just got the new 180 gram Everybody's in Show Biz, and Muswell Hillbillies. The Anthology is phenomenal! I really wish they would have released it on vinyl.

Date: December 19, 2015 16:52

Dave Davies solo was a revelation. Beast had seen him once before here in London, relatively recently. Her take on yesterday's performance was that it was noticeably better, a significant improvement. As for me, I was simply blown away by two things, the quality of some of his own material, and his voice. His voice is in some respects better than Ray's, at least for my money.

After 90 minutes, he announced that he had a Christmas present for us, and then from the side of the stage emerged a familiar figure ... brother Ray. The place went so f***ing insane with whoops and cheers and screams and shouts that I couldn't make out what the hell Ray actually said when he went up to the mike, there was too much hysteria among the audience at this point. I think that is borne out by the youtube clip, I tried to make out what Ray was saying on that, by listening to it repeatedly; and I still cannot. O well ......

Anyway, after saying whatever it was, he then moved to centre stage and took Dave's mike - at which point Dave ripped into You Really Got Me ... and a piece of KINK rock n' roll history unfolded in front of our eyes. All too short, but for those three glorious minutes, you were transported to a marvellous place. I guess you could call it 'planet Kink' ... that'll suffice.

Then there was a very brief handshake between the brothers, and Ray was gone.

I have seen Ray solo a dozen or so times over the years, and almost without exception - he always pays homage to the vast Kinks catalogue and does You Really Got Me. BUT ... the combination of Ray on vocals and Dave on guitar, that is a classic case of 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts'. It is inexplicable, it defies logic, it's a bit like when the Glimmer Twins are doing something or other on stage and are 'on the boil' !! They too are something strange and wonderful that as a 'phenomenon' - is also greater than the sum of the parts. A strange thing, possibly something unique to rock n' roll ... but anyway ? It was a joy to behold yesterday evening in Islington.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 19, 2015 17:11

Beast
For the first time since 1996!! We saw a marvellous show by Dave Davies, who at the end announced that he had a special Christmas present for us. My heart went into my mouth as I hardly dared hope that the dream would come true at last, but IT DID!! Ray appeared & they played You Really Got Me. The place went totally berserk!! And we are beside ourselves in disbelief & surely will be for days to come. smileys with beer

Fantastic !
Wish I had been there.
I had a feeling it may happen and know it would have been difficult to replace Daves' drummer for Mick Avory just for a song or two for the finale.

Judging from the response from the fans as paulywaul and Beast have let us know, it would not rule out the three surviving Kinks and maybe John Dalton on bass having a get together at The Royal Albert Hall or some such place.

I live in hope. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 19, 2015 17:21

jiggysawdust

If I rememember, you are the bass player with Daves band jiggysawdust.

Must have been a fantastic experience for every band member up on stage on that special night. >grinning smiley<

Date: December 19, 2015 18:28

paulywaul
I have seen Ray solo a dozen or so times over the years, and almost without exception - he always pays homage to the vast Kinks catalogue and does You Really Got Me. BUT ... the combination of Ray on vocals and Dave on guitar, that is a classic case of 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts'.

There's definitely nothing that can replicate that feeling. I've seen Ray and Dave seperately, and you focus on the positives to each one. Like when I watch Ray do You Really Got Me, I listen to him sing. When I watch Dave, I listen to the guitar way more than the singing. Seeing them together is what made them so great. You had great verses and choruses, but then to watch Dave go into those solos was always part of it. Same way it is with other bands. Nothing can replace the bond that exists between Ray and Dave, Mick and Keith, Axl and Slash, Plant and Page, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. There is something undeniable about it.

Just so so cool to see this happen.

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: December 19, 2015 18:58

Hi I was also there last night. Still can't quite take it in. I actually couldn't believe it was happening; my heart was thumping and the song passed it a blur.

I have written a brief report on my blog

https://vintagerock.wordpress.com/

Cheers

Peter

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: December 19, 2015 19:14

Very cool- although I'd be inclined to bet against a full fledged reunion tour or new record, you can never tell with these two.....

Date: December 19, 2015 19:14

Definitely a good article that puts it all in perspective here:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Honestly, just knowing they are all on good terms with each other is almost enough. I would understand if they are too old to tour, and at this point all I'd like is to know they appreciate each other's contributions this far into life and all maintain friendly relationships. Maybe all 3 guest at one of their gigs or something, just to see them actually play together one more time, but it doesn't have to be a tour or full show or anything.

A Kinks tour would be very high on my list, right up there with David Bowie going back on the road or Guns N Roses getting back together, or Led Zeppelin reuniting again. I would love to see it. But just knowing they are all happy, maybe an interview where they all promote the biopic would be just fine with me.

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: December 20, 2015 04:26

crawdaddy
jiggysawdust

If I rememember, you are the bass player with Daves band jiggysawdust.

Must have been a fantastic experience for every band member up on stage on that special night. >grinning smiley<

I'm Dave's second guitar player. I spoke with Ray quite a bit and he was very happy with the performance and loved Dave's band.

Date: December 20, 2015 10:54

And here's my review, plus the encore

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home