Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...213214215216217218219220221222223Next
Current Page: 221 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 4, 2023 09:11

Regarding daylight savings ending in UK...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 4, 2023 13:10

The CD is cardboard sleeve only:

[www.Facebook.com] . Vinyl pictures - [www.45cat.com] . Black 7" Vinyl unboxing - [www.YouTube.com] .

The Cassette:

[www.Kleinanzeigen.de] , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture . More pictures - [www.Kleinanzeigen.de] .

Liner notes of the 7" Single:

[www.45cat.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-05 10:45 by Irix.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 4, 2023 13:41

bonddm

Brilliant! Love it!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 4, 2023 13:54

bonddm

Really cool thumbs up

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 4, 2023 14:15

Paul had an 18-year window...but HAD to release it NOW???...but that´s cool. smiling smileyThe song not so much. At all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2023 14:17

Bjorn
Paul had an 18-year window...but HAD to release it NOW???...but that´s cool. smiling smileyThe song not so much. At all.

The funny thing is, you could actually have substituted "The Stones" in for "Paul" in your first sentence!

Agree with your song (and video) assessment!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 4, 2023 14:55

I love the Beatles, but see why this one was kept in the can.

Sounds like a bad ELO outtake.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 4, 2023 16:58

Irix

[www.Facebook.com] . Vinyl pictures - [www.45cat.com] . Black 7" Vinyl unboxing - [www.YouTube.com] .

Could this be an AI-designed sleeve?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 4, 2023 17:05

loog droog
Irix

The only bad thing with this masterpiece is the cover. Not much thought went into that one

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 4, 2023 22:00

loog droog

"The release features original cover art by renowned artist Ed Ruscha" - [www.TheBeatles.com] , [en.Wikipedia.org] , [www.Artsy.net] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-04 22:10 by Irix.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 4, 2023 22:08

Its ok. I go through long (multi-year) periods where I don't listen to any Beatles- its so ingrained and Ive heard all of it so many times that when I put one of their records on, the whole thing flashes by. Easy to forget they actually did rock....

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 5, 2023 02:03

Now and Then is heading for the Top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100, big sales and great streaming numbers. Unbelievable. It will break all kind of records, a legacy act in the Top 5 of the US chart is out of this world in 2023.

It's #1 on Spotify UK too, so a #1 single in the UK is a safe bet too.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 5, 2023 03:20

Hoping this song goes to number one.Love the song and the video too.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 5, 2023 04:34

CaptainCorella
bv
I watched the video of the new song, as the single itself is not open in my region still, for some reason. The song is nice and beautiful, but the copy and paste graphics of the now diseased Beatles members is weired. Also, there is a great and nice guitar solo there, but no guitar player seen in the video during the solo, so it is obviously not a Beatle playing it, they show the four of them ony, and the orchestra for a bit.

It's well reported that the guitar is played by Paul ... "in George's style.."

The video changed my view of the song. To quote a posting elsewhere, it enhances the song and turns it into a great "postscript" on the whole Beatles story.

I don't think that adding in the images of John & George is in any way bad taste. Plus we get to see about 2 seconds previously unseen in The Cavern (courtesy Pete Best apparently).

Ironically, the video is stuffed full of the same insanely clever graphics manipulation that's going on in the Billboards in the Stones' "Angry" video. But in The Beatles version, there's no double breasted distraction centre screen.

Not at the Cavern and not previously unseen (or at least rarely seen): [retronewser.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2023 05:46

MadMax
loog droog
Irix

The only bad thing with this masterpiece is the cover. Not much thought went into that one

I'm wondering if I may be listening to a different masterpiece than you?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 5, 2023 07:49

Cristiano Radtke
CaptainCorella
bv
I watched the video of the new song, as the single itself is not open in my region still, for some reason. The song is nice and beautiful, but the copy and paste graphics of the now diseased Beatles members is weired. Also, there is a great and nice guitar solo there, but no guitar player seen in the video during the solo, so it is obviously not a Beatle playing it, they show the four of them ony, and the orchestra for a bit.

It's well reported that the guitar is played by Paul ... "in George's style.."

The video changed my view of the song. To quote a posting elsewhere, it enhances the song and turns it into a great "postscript" on the whole Beatles story.

I don't think that adding in the images of John & George is in any way bad taste. Plus we get to see about 2 seconds previously unseen in The Cavern (courtesy Pete Best apparently).

Ironically, the video is stuffed full of the same insanely clever graphics manipulation that's going on in the Billboards in the Stones' "Angry" video. But in The Beatles version, there's no double breasted distraction centre screen.

Not at the Cavern and not previously unseen (or at least rarely seen): [retronewser.com]

Hmmmm...

If you go to YouTube and search to find it directly, you'll see that it's been up there for TEN years.

But it's darned good stuff.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 6, 2023 10:36

The Beatles’ ‘Now and Then’ Heading For U.K. No. 1
"Now And Then" is outselling the rest of the top 5 combined, the Official Charts Company reports.

“Now And Then” actually debuted at No. 42 in the U.K. last week based on just 10 hours of sales, but is now expected to jump 41 places to the top of the Official Singles Chart when chart is published this Friday, Nov. 10.

[www.billboard.com]

The Beatles Dethrone Taylor Swift On Spotify.
"Now and Then" was the No. 1 most-streamed song in the U.K. on Spotify on Thursday, November 2. The track racked up just under 387,000 streams in less than a full day.

[www.forbes.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-06 10:39 by powerage78.

Date: November 6, 2023 15:19

I wonder what the Beatles could have achieved when all the members were still alive and working together under the name "The Beatles". Every comparison with the Rolling Stones is senseless.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 6, 2023 15:36

Haha, now that’s funny!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-06 15:40 by frankotero.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 6, 2023 15:38

I think the video and song are beautiful! I am amazed by the taste, care, and love that was put into this project. First, there are great syncs in the video to the song, particularly the material from the Hello Goodbye video from 67. Those cuts are brilliant, especially the way the current Ringo and Paul are in those segments. Jackson did an amazing job with the clean up of a lot of the video, he is a guru with sound and vision (too bad he destroyed The Hobbit with his gratuitous over indulgence of CGI!) and he does a masterful job editing between eras and video sources. The song it self is a sad, plaintive musing about lost love and relationships. In many ways it reminds me a bit of Isn't it a Pity (George Harrison, All Things Must Pass) where Lennon seems to be singing about a lot of people in his life, The Beatles, Yoko, his father, Julian, it is a lot like In My Life in that respect. I wonder if they will consider remastering Free As a Bird and Real Love with the same technology. That would be amazing. Thanks to Paul and Ringo for your love and care bringing this to us fans.

Posted by: mistervinyl ()
Date: November 6, 2023 15:44

As far as I remember (I have the demo for years), a part of the song has been cut : the one that started with "i don't want to lose you, no no no"...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 6, 2023 16:20

Yes, they cut some of the lyrics. Guess it didn’t fit the overall song.

Date: November 6, 2023 17:30

The reason Paul and Ringo felt it could be released now was because of the new technology Peter Jackson developed for the Get Back documentary. Before, as with all of Lennon's home demos, the vocal and piano tracks were on the same track and could not be isolated well, which caused a lot of bleeding between the two, creating a lot of distortion and poor quality (particularly noticeable on Real Love). Now they can use the AI tech to completely isolate the vocals and piano. To amazing effect!

Posted by: mistervinyl ()
Date: November 6, 2023 17:48

Now they can do the same to Real Love and Free As a Bird and release them in 2032 along with the Decca Tapes...

Date: November 6, 2023 17:50

The Decca tapes are actually pretty good, just not a great performance.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 7, 2023 08:34

This non-song and all the hype is an embarrassment. Seriously should never have happened. Food for the sheep.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 7, 2023 10:34

MadMax
loog droog
Irix

THIS is a masterpiece? Methinks not. It’s a nice listen, GREAT to have a new Lennon vocal, but as a song, a masterpiece? Not compared to the real masterpieces in The Beatles catalogue. Second/third tier at best.

Rod

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:19

Yes, that artwork is shockingly bad. Probably best I don't comment on the actual song either...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 7, 2023 14:05

For those who have heard it, what do you think of the new, 2023 stereo-mix of Love Me Do, included as a 'B-side'? Yes, it does, to my ears, sounds a little odd, with McCartney's bass pushed to the front of the mix, and the guitars buried a little, but I do quite like how the vocals are centred. As there is no original stereo-mix in existence, I suppose one could argue that Giles Martin has done a good job, creating this from the mono mix. It does make me wonder whether we'll get a Please Please Me re-release in the future. As someone who loves those early, 'Beatle Mania' years as much as what would follow, I certainly would welcome it.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 7, 2023 14:48

The Beatles early recordings sound absolutely wonderful [as do the early Stones records]...

...so why muck about with them ?

Oh . wait, I know..

...so they can sell them again for the umpteenth time to the same customers.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...213214215216217218219220221222223Next
Current Page: 221 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2385
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home