Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...213214215216217218219220221222223Next
Current Page: 218 of 223
Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2023 05:18

Ringo Starr: The Beatles Would ‘Never’ Fake John Lennon’s Voice with AI
Brian Hiatt - Fri, June 30, 2023

RINGO

When Paul McCartney announced the Beatles were releasing one final song later this year, with vocals extracted from a John Lennon demo via a machine-learning tool, the press jumped on a narrative of an “AI Beatles song.” Confused fans feared they were about to hear an AI-generated Lennon. But the Beatles would “never” fake Lennon’s vocals, Ringo Starr says in a new interview for an upcoming episode of our Rolling Stone Music Now podcast.

Starr also confirms that George Harrison recorded parts for the song before his death in 2001. “This was beautiful,” says Starr, “and it’s the final track you’ll ever hear with the four lads. And that’s a fact.” Starr wouldn’t confirm the name of the song, but the fact of Harrison’s participation almost certainly means the track is “Now and Then,” a Lennon demo that McCartney, Harrison, and Starr did some work on during the same sessions that produced “Free As A Bird” and “Real Love,” which also used vocals harvested from Lennon demos. Those tracks were included on the Beatles Anthology albums and documentary in the mid-Nineties — so it would be logical that the new song might come out in conjunction with a long-overdue re-release of the doc, though the Beatles camp hasn’t announced anything of the sort yet.

Meanwhile, Starr will celebrate his 83rd birthday on July 7, and is continuing his tradition of asking fans to “say, post, or think ‘peace and love,'” at precisely noon in their time zones. Starr will be on hand for a celebration in Beverly Hills on that day, alongside musicians including Joe Walsh and Mike Campbell. “In 2008, I was being interviewed,” Starr recalls, “and the interviewer said, ‘Well, Ringo, what would you like your fans to give you for your birthday? And I don’t know where it came from but I thought, it would be great, if at noon they could go ‘peace and love’ and that’s how it started. We started with 80 people… and now it’s 28 countries.” Starr, who just finished a spring tour with the latest incarnation of his All-Starr band, says he’s feeling great. “You never know when you’re gonna drop, that’s the thing,” he says. “And I’m not dropping yet.”

Starr’s full interview — with new thoughts on Peter Jackson’s Get Back documentary and more — will appear on next weekend’s episode of Rolling Stone Music Now. Video from the interview will also be shown at a special live taping of the rest of the episode at the Rock and Roll of Fame in Cleveland at 2 p.m. on July 7; the episode will also include a new interview with producer Glyn Johns, who worked on the Let It Be sessions. The museum will also celebrate Starr’s birthday that day with a “peace and love” gathering at noon, and an all-Beatles performance by the Hall’s house band.

Date: July 8, 2023 06:47

Ringo turned 83 today!!!

Happy Birthday to Ringo...peace, and love...and many more...........

Date: July 22, 2023 22:38

Great version of The Beatles' Something from Tony Bennett which showcases his outstanding vocals.
Still saddened by his passing yesterday....RIP Tony Benett.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: July 23, 2023 00:23

New York Times: Yoko Ono and the Dakota
Word that the pop culture icon has left the fabled Upper West Side apartment building that she defined for a generation has sparked reflection on her impact as a resident there for 50 years.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 25, 2023 23:14

[www.paulmccartneytour2024.com]

This site seems pretty confident Paul will tour next year.. what you do think?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 25, 2023 23:57

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 26, 2023 00:33

bye bye johnny
[www.rollingstones2024.com]

OMG they'll play Brown Sugar again

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 26, 2023 04:18

Don't get your hopes up regardless of that link.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 28, 2023 07:22

NilsHolgersson
[www.paulmccartneytour2024.com]

This site seems pretty confident Paul will tour next year.. what you do think?

From Skynews.com.au:

The Beatles superstar Paul McCartney reportedly set for long-awaited return Down Under six years after last Aussie tour

Australia is on the brink of another major tour announcement in 2023 with one of the most influential songwriters of all time set to return Down Under.
Patrick Staveley, July 28, 2023 -

McCartney

Aussie concertgoers are expecting to be treated with another massive tour announcement as rumours grow a rock legend will make his return in 2023.The Beatles frontman and bassist Paul McCartney is reportedly in talks with Australian company Frontier Touring to discuss concert dates for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for later in the year. Shows could be billed for dates as soon as October and November according to the Herald Sun. The 81-year-old has not played in Australia since 2017 and also hasn’t toured in more than a year however he showed last year he’s still got it, consistently performing more than 35 songs a night in marathon shows across the United States and United Kingdom.

Paul McCartney climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge in his last visit to Australia in 2017. Source: Bridge Climb

McCartney wowed fans as he turned back the clock each night with setlists composed of classic Beatles hits such as Helter Skelter, Hey Jude, Let It Be; Wings favourites like Band on the Run and Live and Let Die and solo songs including Maybe I’m Amazed. Emotions also ran high during shows when McCartney played a virtual duet of I Got A Feeling with old footage of the late John Lennon performing it in 1969 during The Beatles’ iconic rooftop concert.

McCartney has shown no signs of slowing down, showing that age is just a number as he’s revealed in several interviews in recent years that he doesn’t entertain the notion of retirement. “I was talking to – name-dropping, clunk – Willie Nelson, and I was talking about this whole retiring thing, because he’s older than I am, even,” McCartney said in a 2018 interview with BBC6. “And he says, ‘Retire from what?’ And I think that just says it. Retire from what?”

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 28, 2023 16:20

I know Rockman is excited. winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 28, 2023 20:13

Hopefully he'll play Lavatory Lil for him. winking smiley Sorry I couldn't resist.smiling smiley

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: August 1, 2023 12:40

Announced today on PaulMccartey.com,suspect New Zealand will be added

AUSTRALIAN TOUR 2023

WEDNESDAY 18 OCTOBER - ADELAIDE - ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE

SATURDAY 21 OCTOBER - MELBOURNE - MARVEL STADIUM

TUESDAY 24 OCTOBER - NEWCASTLE - McDONALD JONES STADIUM

FRIDAY 27 OCTOBER - SYDNEY - ALLIANZ STADIUM

WEDNESDAY 1 NOVEMBER - BRISBANE - SUNCORP STADIUM

SATURDAY 4 NOVEMBER - GOLD COAST - HERITAGE BANK STADIUM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-01 12:41 by ukcal.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2023 12:51

I'm gonna swim ta Tassie ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 1, 2023 16:21

NashvilleBlues
I know Rockman is excited. winking smiley

lurv ya Paul!

OT: Left-handed day and Beatles tribute band
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 13, 2023 19:55

Hi
Since I got not any answer on this post, and it is the left-handed day today, at least according to google, I repost it

How can so many Beatles tribute bands have a left-handed bass player?
What would be there hiring M.O. for the bass player?
"This one plays better, but we choose the other because he is left-handed"? Sounds a bit silly... Waiting for your brilliant deductions..

The Joker
Some Beatles tribute bands have a left-handed bass player
Brings some questions
Is this a non-negotiable requirement?
Do some right-handed bassists reinvent their playing, if that is possible?

See here, there are plenty...
[www.guitarandbeyond.com]

Re: OT: Left-handed day and Beatles tribute band
Date: August 14, 2023 01:11

The Joker
Hi
Since I got not any answer on this post, and it is the left-handed day today, at least according to google, I repost it

How can so many Beatles tribute bands have a left-handed bass player?
What would be there hiring M.O. for the bass player?
"This one plays better, but we choose the other because he is left-handed"? Sounds a bit silly... Waiting for your brilliant deductions..

Some Beatles tribute bands have a left-handed bass player
Brings some questions
Is this a non-negotiable requirement?
Do some right-handed bassists reinvent their playing, if that is possible?

There are quite a few bass / guitar players that are right handed
but play left handed.

I think that the requirement to be(1) a left handed (Hofner) bass player in a Beatles tribute band is as non-negotianal as the requirement (2) ("sorry, the guy who doesn't want to play a tele and has blonde hair is better) but we choose the guy playing on a 5 string (Fender) Telecaster and wearing a Wig". in a Stones tribute band. Both (1 and 2) requirements sound equal silly in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-14 01:19 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 14, 2023 15:21

I saw The Cavern Beatles a couple of years ago and 'Paul' played left handed all evening apart from his solo spot when he played Yesterday on acoustic. Met Paul in the bar afterwards and he told me he was right handed but had to adapt to play left handed.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 14, 2023 16:33

Thanks you both, it give some insight
Dutchman, forget the "silly" part, you are right, both cases are alike.
But as for the "stunt" part, it's different. Easier to change your bass guitar favorite brand and have a wig, than to switch your hands to play.

Date: August 16, 2023 23:17

From NME:

Dolly Parton to share ‘Let It Be’ cover featuring Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton this week

It features on her forthcoming 49th solo studio album 'Rockstar'

Let it Be Dolly

Dolly Parton has announced she will share her cover of ‘Let It Be’ featuring Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton this week.
The country icon’s new take on the classic Beatles track features on her forthcoming 49th solo studio album, ‘Rockstar’.

“My new ‘Rockstar’ single, “Let It Be” is dropping this Friday!” Parton wrote on Twitter.
“This song is really special to me because I’m joined by @PaulMcCartney who wrote the song, along with @ringostarrmusic, @peterframpton and @mickfleetwood.”

Dolly

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 23, 2023 19:03

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 24, 2023 01:17

Cristiano Radtke

Great stuff. For those who missed the original account of the discovery of this recording, take a listen to this... [www.bbc.co.uk]

It's interesting that in the original BBC programme the owner of the tape says that he does not want to monetise it, and the YouTube link has a comment by the poster that it was from a copy in the British Library. Good.

It would be nice though if Peter Jackson's mob could get their hands on it with Giles Martin to coax it gently into a more listenable version.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: August 25, 2023 23:04

Paul McCartney sure is keeping busy... as a special guest on the new Stones album, collaborating with Ringo on the new Ringo EP, and also his upcoming tour.
From goldradiouk.com:

Ringo Starr announces new Rewind Forward EP featuring Paul McCartney collaboration
By Giorgina Hamilton
23 August 2023, 11:17

> MaccaRingo

Ringo and Paul are back making music once again!

Beatles drummer Ringo Starr is making a comeback with his new music. Ringo's new EP entitled Rewind Forward, is his first new release since his previous EPs like Zoom In, Change the World, and EP3. Beatles fans will be thrilled to know Starr's new EP also has a song from one of his old bandmates, Paul McCartney, on a song entitled 'Feeling the Sunlight.' Starr said he got the title Rewind Forward from a mistake he made while speaking. Explaining the EP's title, Ringo said: “Rewind Forward was something I said out of the blue — it’s just one of those lines like 'A Hard Day’s Night'. It just came to me. "But it doesn’t really make sense. I was trying to explain it to myself and the best I can tell you about what it means is: Sometimes when you want to go forward you have to go back first". Rewind Forward will feature some other famous musicians too, including Benmont Tench and Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers, and Joe Walsh from the Eagles, and is expected to be released on October 13th.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 14, 2023 07:24

There's some great moments on this video, especially Paul playing Mother's Nature Son.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 14, 2023 10:27

Cristiano Radtke
There's some great moments on this video, especially Paul playing Mother's Nature Son.

In that scene the girl sitting next to him is Francie Schwartz.

Somewhere, possibly Anthology, Paul does a take of Blackbird (with him tapping his flash red shoes) with her sitting next to him like that.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 29, 2023 10:15

2022 Ron Chapman Documentary about the 13-Sep-1969 'Toronto Rock and Roll Revival', among others with John Lennon, Yoko Ono and The Plastic Ono Band:

French/German public TV-Broadcaster arte, 29-Sep-2023 - [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] .

More about this 1969 Festival - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-29 10:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: September 29, 2023 15:14

Final ever Beatles song reportedly to be released Oct. 9, on what would have been John Lennox’s 83rd birthday.

[x.com]

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 29, 2023 16:11

Irix
2022 Ron Chapman Documentary about the 13-Sep-1969 'Toronto Rock and Roll Revival', among others with John Lennon, Yoko Ono and The Plastic Ono Band:

French/German public TV-Broadcaster arte, 29-Sep-2023 - [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] .

More about this 1969 Festival - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

I watched it about a week ago. Pretty interesting.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: October 26, 2023 17:15

"Now and then" spotted on the blue album, as announced by Amazon. The release is announced for November 10, 2023.

So will the last new songs of the Beatles and of the Stones appear within a month?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-26 17:18 by kuenzer.

Date: October 26, 2023 18:13

I heard that 'Now And Then' is to be premiered at 1400 GMT on the 2nd November on a BBC podcast.

New Beatles single
Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 26, 2023 19:11

One last jab from Paul?

[www.loudersound.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...213214215216217218219220221222223Next
Current Page: 218 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home