Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:11

Lorenz
and we still would need the password form that sign there.

Yes, I meant it as the next logical step after calling the store for assistance. However, if this week's password is as basic as "amnesia1" was, it could also just be a case of trying "____2" until we hit upon the correct song title.

But I fear we've now reached the point of giving this whole thing more thought than the people in charge actually did. LOL

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:30

'Darling Buds' sounds like one of our CA medical MJ dispensaries,
which is what we will need to visit in order to figure this out.
Couldn't they have had a 'guess the Stones song off the opening notes'
contest or something we could all get?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:43

The place is a floral shop associated with the Darling Buds of May Farm which was the setting for a tv show there of the same name.

The person that made the website app for Virgin EMI on keith's website is also called "Keith" and he wrote this about the app

Find the plaque, unlock the track to Keith Richards' crosseyed heart

By Keith

Alright there, Keith here from We Make Awesome Sh. We’ve just launched this thing for Keith Richards, you know the one who should be dead from The Rolling Stones and I thought, since we share the same name ‘Keith’ then I might do this blog post and tell you about it cos us Keiths have got to stick together and this Keith, well, he’s a legend, he’s like the king of all Keiths. Also, this web app we've done is pretty cool.

So the people who work for Keith Richards, Virgin EMI, they got in touch with us and they asked us to make this web app for Keith ‘cos he’s got a new album coming out called ‘Crosseyed Heart’. Bit of a funny name if you ask me, but there you go.

Story goes that there are four English Heritage plaques being placed around London and South West England and that each one of them has something to do with Keith’s early life. Now, you could just go and have a walk around and look at these plaques just to find out more about him but we’ve made something to make a walk a bit more exciting.

Keith Richards English heritage plaque

When you’re on your walk, and please don’t take your cat with you I hate those f**ing leads for cats, stand right by the plaque and get your phone out. Go to crosseyedheart.com (it's written on the plaque) and press the start button. If you’re at the right place, and the website knows so you can’t lie about it, then you’ll get a notification saying that you’ve found a new location and you’ll be asked for the password. These passwords are written on the actual plaques. Once you’ve put the password in then you can start playing a song from Keith’s new album and you’ll be the first person to hear it. Nice.

Then, everyone will be able to listen to it on the website and you’ll be a hero too. You can only unlock a track once so, you’ve got to get off your arses and get out there to be the first person to find the plaque because there’s prizes to be won if you do! The first one has already been unlocked, so you're too late to win that one, but you can see where it is and listen to it now on the site.

crosseyed heart site

Also if you’re loving say, song one, and you really want to hear song two and nobody’s unlocked it yet then it’s down to you to go out and find that plaque! If you follow @officialkeef on Twitter - that’s Keith Richards, not me, then you’ll see some clues as to where you can find the plaques so yeah you should do that. The clues will direct you to a new plaque each week.

We made this whole map thing where you can see where the unlocked plaques are and also where it knows if you’re at the right location using a thing called Landmrk. I’ve been told to plug this tool because it’s a thing we’re making in collaboration with our mates at Strange Thoughts and it’s a tool that you can buy from us basically and use for your own map thing so you should do that.

That’s me done then, I’m off for a fag because I saw somewhere on the internet that for every cigarette you smoke, God takes an hour away from your life and gives it to Keith Richards and I think that’s a pretty worthy cause. Laterz.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 22:47 by tumbled.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:48

Is there a link to his site, tumbled? Someone needs to ask him why they were a day and a half late

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:51

What a f*$#%ng a§$%§#le Keith has on his payroll over there??? I'm out. This is
a) a hoax or
b) a case, where Keith should pull his knive or Revolver out!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:54

The instructions say once you are there to go to the website. www.crosseyedheart.com and it should give you an option to press START
the physical plaque should be right there next to your phone when you do it and THE ACTUAL PLAQUE should have the password you need to enter on the website to unlock the tune.

the app maker's wevbsite:

[wemakeawesomesh.it]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 22:56 by tumbled.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 25, 2015 22:54

Is it raining cats & dogs in Dartford or what?

why can't somebody be arsed and just unlock that darn plaque already.

what a waste of time.

oh, and here's a link to that company:
[blog.wemakeawesomesh.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 23:01 by open-g.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:00

micawber
What a f*$#%ng a§$%§#le Keith has on his payroll over there??? I'm out. This is
a) a hoax or
b) a case, where Keith should pull his knive or Revolver out!

--- or someone should get of their arse and get out there….. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 25, 2015 23:10

What a Stupid concept.eye rolling smiley
might as well carry coals to Newcastle

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:11

tumbled
The place is a floral shop associated with the Darling Buds of May Farm which was the setting for a tv show there of the same name.

The person that made the website app for Virgin EMI on keith's website is also called "Keith" and he wrote this about the app

Find the plaque, unlock the track to Keith Richards' crosseyed heart

By Keith

Alright there, Keith here from We Make Awesome Sh. We’ve just launched this thing for Keith Richards, you know the one who should be dead from The Rolling Stones and I thought, since we share the same name ‘Keith’ then I might do this blog post and tell you about it cos us Keiths have got to stick together and this Keith, well, he’s a legend, he’s like the king of all Keiths. Also, this web app we've done is pretty cool.

So the people who work for Keith Richards, Virgin EMI, they got in touch with us and they asked us to make this web app for Keith ‘cos he’s got a new album coming out called ‘Crosseyed Heart’. Bit of a funny name if you ask me, but there you go.

Story goes that there are four English Heritage plaques being placed around London and South West England and that each one of them has something to do with Keith’s early life. Now, you could just go and have a walk around and look at these plaques just to find out more about him but we’ve made something to make a walk a bit more exciting.

Keith Richards English heritage plaque

When you’re on your walk, and please don’t take your cat with you I hate those f**ing leads for cats, stand right by the plaque and get your phone out. Go to crosseyedheart.com (it's written on the plaque) and press the start button. If you’re at the right place, and the website knows so you can’t lie about it, then you’ll get a notification saying that you’ve found a new location and you’ll be asked for the password. These passwords are written on the actual plaques. Once you’ve put the password in then you can start playing a song from Keith’s new album and you’ll be the first person to hear it. Nice.

Then, everyone will be able to listen to it on the website and you’ll be a hero too. You can only unlock a track once so, you’ve got to get off your arses and get out there to be the first person to find the plaque because there’s prizes to be won if you do! The first one has already been unlocked, so you're too late to win that one, but you can see where it is and listen to it now on the site.

crosseyed heart site

Also if you’re loving say, song one, and you really want to hear song two and nobody’s unlocked it yet then it’s down to you to go out and find that plaque! If you follow @officialkeef on Twitter - that’s Keith Richards, not me, then you’ll see some clues as to where you can find the plaques so yeah you should do that. The clues will direct you to a new plaque each week.

We made this whole map thing where you can see where the unlocked plaques are and also where it knows if you’re at the right location using a thing called Landmrk. I’ve been told to plug this tool because it’s a thing we’re making in collaboration with our mates at Strange Thoughts and it’s a tool that you can buy from us basically and use for your own map thing so you should do that.

That’s me done then, I’m off for a fag because I saw somewhere on the internet that for every cigarette you smoke, God takes an hour away from your life and gives it to Keith Richards and I think that’s a pretty worthy cause. Laterz.

Is this real? If so, "Laterz" confirms that the company running this campaign are idiots.

Yes, as has been suggested, The Stones suck at social media. But in their defense, how many of the most likely buyers of Keith's record have even heard of Twitter, much less have an active Twitter account and know how to use it?

(I'm not being 'Mickist' here; would say the same if this were a Stones promotion or a Jagger solo campaign.)

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:22

Guilty. I don't have any social media outlets, nothing, just this
Jezz it would take up my whole life lol
Best to save it all for real people that matter to us
Remember actually talking to people in person
Its great, peeps should try it some time lol

Now where is this damn Keith track, its starting to bug me..

Date: August 25, 2015 23:24

Is this real? If so, \"Laterz\" confirms that the company running this campaign are idiots.

it is real. here get a wiff of Keith Flange

[vimeo.com]

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:30

heartstopper is very great song!!!! love Keith

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:30

open-g

Is this real? If so, \"Laterz\" confirms that the company running this campaign are idiots.

it is real. here get a wiff of Keith Flange

[vimeo.com]

That's ... the horriblest thing I've heard all day.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:32

I don't think it's a bad idea though, it's just something you need some cash behind to promote it to a critical level. There was not nearly enough buzz around the whole thing. No promoted tweets, no testimonials sharing the info - Stones account on Facebook didn't share anything either, I think - maybe the target audience is also not the right fit for this kind of promo, but I think with better preparation it could have been pulled off. I'd have definitely involved fan forums as well to get the concept communicated. Like this it's a nice idea, but execution lacks. Anyway. I want that song!

Date: August 25, 2015 23:41

As our good Beast pointed out, it would be a lot more enjoyable if it weren't so out of the way
It's not like there aren't miles of places closer to central London that are associated with Keith
but maybe there were problems getting permission to put plaques up.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:42

At least I hope it's released like Amnesia was, on iTunes, Qobuz, etc.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:43

Lorenz
I don't think it's a bad idea though, it's just something you need some cash behind to promote it to a critical level. There was not nearly enough buzz around the whole thing. No promoted tweets, no testimonials sharing the info - Stones account on Facebook didn't share anything either, I think - maybe the target audience is also not the right fit for this kind of promo, but I think with better preparation it could have been pulled off. I'd have definitely involved fan forums as well to get the concept communicated. Like this it's a nice idea, but execution lacks. Anyway. I want that song!

really embarassing
and, in the end, to "pull it off" and get the thing and song going you need to hire just one person...

Date: August 25, 2015 23:55

The tools used just don't match.
why would one use (international) twitter to do a local easter egg search?

if you're not local you can't do anything except to wait.
and ...wasting time gets annoying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 23:57 by open-g.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:58

Lorenz
I think - maybe the target audience is also not the right fit for this kind of promo

That was my first thought. It's a good idea, but also the kind of viral gimmick that's better suited to a younger fanbase. Most Stones fans don't have time to drop everything and go on a gps marketing hunt. An online viral hunt may have been a better fit here.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:24

Substantial Damage is up on his site right now !

sc uk

Date: August 26, 2015 00:25

Thanks, straycat! thumbs up

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:28

straycatuk

sc uk

Thank you!!!!

And it sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!

Drew

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:30

straycatuk

sc uk

is this a comment about that neighborhood??

btw: the song's crap. Maybe you can't even call it a song. A let down for sure

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:31

Mission accomplished! Enjoy world...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:32

mattleeuk
Mission accomplished! Enjoy world...

Thanks a lot, Matt! smileys with beer

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:36

slewan
straycatuk

sc uk

Ok, so it's not a "song" in the ordinary sense ... who cares? It's a raucous jammin' groove that slides and swings. I'll take this over "Trouble" any day of the week.

Drew

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:38

drewmaster
slewan
straycatuk

sc uk

Ok, so it's not a "song" in the ordinary sense ... who cares? It's a raucous jammin' groove that slides and swings. I'll take this over "Trouble" any day of the week.

Drew

somebody said about "amnesia" that it's rather a sketch of a song, but this is more more true for "Substantial Damage" (I hate to say it – but it reminds me how important Jagger's role is…)

Date: August 26, 2015 00:39

Matt Lee, you did the deed your own self?! Thanks & praises! :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-26 10:27 by with sssoul.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:41

Woo-hoo, nice and funky. So far I'm very happy with the 3 tracks.smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home