Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:57

KRiffhard
Naturalust
I will probably wait for the release for this one but it would be nice if someone who has heard the boot could give us a review of the record. Much Thanks.

thumbs up

Does anyone else on here recon its bull about the bootleg

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2015 23:18

I'd be glad if it's BS, since I always wish people who have the good fortune to be asked to listening parties
wouldn't let the artists down by sneaking recordings out, but ... who knows

Date: August 15, 2015 23:26

with sssoul
I'd be glad if it's BS, since I always wish people who have the good fortune to be asked to listening parties

Agreed

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 15, 2015 23:47

keefriffhards
with sssoul

Agreed

This may not be the case. The record is long done and I'm sure there are plenty of insiders who have heard it and even have copies already. Rik has been a long time poster here and he didn't say this was a bootleg from someone who stole it from a listening party. Besides the promo copies are probably getting ready to ship as we speak.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 15, 2015 23:50

...we're asking only a review! Rik where are you?!

Date: August 16, 2015 00:01

Well i cant see Keith selling many copies if everyone gets it a full month before its release

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 16, 2015 00:04

Naturalust
keefriffhards
with sssoul

Agreed

This may not be the case. The record is long done and I'm sure there are plenty of insiders who have heard it and even have copies already. Rik has been a long time poster here and he didn't say this was a bootleg from someone who stole it from a listening party. Besides the promo copies are probably getting ready to ship as we speak.

As opposed to right now...

That's a joke, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 00:17 by GasLightStreet.

Date: August 16, 2015 00:10

Sorry, but insiders who let the artist down by bootlegging stuff they have early access to
don't make me any happier than people who sneak recordings out of listening parties.
I'm not accusing Rik of anything; Eddie Byword said there's a boot floating around from a listening party.
I'm sorry there is. That's all. Besides, I'm only talking about my personal feelings.
I want to wait for the release.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 16, 2015 00:43

with sssoul
Sorry, but insiders who let the artist down by bootlegging stuff they have early access to
don't make me any happier than people who sneak recordings out of listening parties.
I'm not accusing Rik of anything; Eddie Byword said there's a boot floating around from a listening party.
I'm sorry there is. That's all. Besides, I'm only talking about my personal feelings.

I don't imagine for one minute that this boot will stop people buying the real thing when it comes, I'm sure the boot has a lot of echo, background chatter, clinking of glasses and rattling of jewellery etc........... Your ears would probably tire of it very quickly and you'd probably turn it off half way through........I look forward to next month ......

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 01:04 by EddieByword.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 16, 2015 00:59

when i heard the parts of the boot from the ABB listening party back then I remember it was nothing in quality you would substitute for the real thing, on the contrary if I were a label promo man I would consider making it in-house, edit it as a teaser and use it on the social media to get some hype

insiders that bootleg are indeed a little bit lame to say the least

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 16, 2015 01:07

ITUNES will have 90 second snippets of each track going up within 2 weeks Im sure.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:07

EddieByword
with sssoul

I don't imagine for one minute that this boot will stop people buying the real thing when it comes, I'm sure the boot has a lot of echo, background chatter, clinking of glasses and rattling of jewellery etc........... Your ears would probably tire of it very quickly and you'd probably turn it off half way through........I look forward to next month ......

I agree, especially if the record is good. If it truly sucked and people were saying so prior to the release and it was getting around, it might have a little impact. I doubt Keith has much to worry about with this one and would probably laugh hearing about someone making a non-pro recording of what was coming through the speakers at the party.

As far as letting artists down I agree sneaking a recording at a listening party is bad form and wrong but there are lots more industry and social practices at work these days which take from the pockets of artists than sneaking a boot of a Keith Richards record, don't get me started...

Date: August 16, 2015 02:14

Naturalust
EddieByword
with sssoul

I agree, especially if the record is good. If it truly sucked and people were saying so prior to the release and it was getting around, it might have a little impact. I doubt Keith has much to worry about with this one and would probably laugh hearing about someone making a non-pro recording of what was coming through the speakers at the party.

As far as letting artists down I agree sneaking a recording at a listening party is bad form and wrong but there are lots more industry and social practices at work these days which take from the pockets of artists than sneaking a boot of a Keith Richards record, don't get me started...

Plus, it might not have even been a guest abusing his/her invite, could have been anyone, waiter/ress, floor manager, stand by chauffeur, paid model, dealer, cool smiley anybody.........

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 16, 2015 09:30

Zzzzz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 11:10 by Rik.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2015 09:33

his/her invite, could have been anyone, waiter/ress, floor manager, stand by chauffeur, paid model, dealer

Maybe even Keef himself crankin' up a bit of action ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 16, 2015 10:42

OK: I think I'll wait for the release. Doesn't make any difference to whether I buy it or not. If you're connected enough to have the insiders' copy, enjoy.

Date: August 16, 2015 10:52

Jeepers, people - I just woke up and find y'all been arguing with me while I was asleep :E

I didn't say anything about impacting sales.
I said I don't like people letting the artists down,
whether they're insiders, guests, chauffeurs, cousins, whoever.
I don't like it. I don't have to like it.
And I'm not telling anybody what to do or feel or download or not -
you don't need to justify it in front of me.

Posted by: The Dane ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:01

Tom Waits response to this....
[m.youtube.com]

Date: August 16, 2015 11:10

EddieByword
with sssoul

Exactly!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:12

with sssoul
y'all been arguing with me while I was asleep

That's because it's the easiest way smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 16, 2015 11:13

with sssoul
Jeepers, people - I just woke up and find y'all been arguing with me while I was asleep :E

Exactly too! :E

Date: August 16, 2015 11:16

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:20

maumau
when i heard the parts of the boot from the ABB listening party back then I remember it was nothing in quality

True, but very exciting to listen to it many weeks before the official release and even make you looking forward more to the real thing.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 16, 2015 13:31

The Dane
[m.youtube.com]

Thanks for bringing this back, so great!!

Date: August 16, 2015 14:17

Maindefender
The Dane
[m.youtube.com]

Thanks for bringing this back, so great!!

yes tom is great and as you might expect: double edged in his wit

Date: August 16, 2015 14:20

Rolling Hansie
maumau
when i heard the parts of the boot from the ABB listening party back then I remember it was nothing in quality

True, but very exciting to listen to it many weeks before the official release and even make you looking forward more to the real thing.

yep that was the effect

moreover, i must admit, the low quality of the bootlegged teaser made up some expectation that were not paired by the hd product spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 16, 2015 14:42

Where did these leak rumours come from? Not a "CD Leak" I suppose as this site is generally on top of things : [hasitleaked.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 16:54 by gotdablouse.

Date: August 16, 2015 15:19

with sssoul
with sssoul

Exactly too! :E

I guess this is indirectly aimed at me..........even though you wrote "y'all". Argue.....No.

First your post did to me at least seem to imply that 'the artist would be let down' because of the impact on sales...........maybe I got that wrong, maybe you're more concerned with the artists 'hurt feelings at betrayal'..............if that's the case - fair enough, no problem...........

Second, I didn't try and justify anything to you.........I don't really care whether you like 'it', are happy with 'it' or anything.......I just don't care, I was just contributing to the convesrsation by suggesting that it might not have been a guest that recorded the album......and it was probably a crap recording anyway..........that's all............an impartial, objective proposition, that's all........"justify"......I don't know where you got that from, you're not that important to me............

Third, I always find it's a good idea to get out of bed on the right side.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 15:22 by EddieByword.

Date: August 16, 2015 15:28

Have mercy, Eddie - it was NOT directed at you.

I was NOT talking about sales - I never said anything about sales.
NO ONE has to justify their choices in front of me.
And you're not that important to me either, darlin. Rock on.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 16, 2015 15:36

I'd settle for a short review!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home