Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 23, 2015 03:36

Bought the CD for myself and some guitar picks for my son off of Keith's website. I did my part, so come on Keith, send me a signed copy!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2015 03:45

Could very well be about this young lass.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: July 23, 2015 04:54

Naturalust
Could very well be about this young lass.

I DON'T THINK SHE'S DOING 2 TO 4..... Ha.

CaN YOU IMAGINE THOSE talks....parental hypocrisy all around...only way.

Date: July 23, 2015 05:03

Librarian
I DON'T THINK SHE'S DOING 2 TO 4..... Ha.

CaN YOU IMAGINE THOSE talks....parental hypocrisy all around...only way.

Hey welcome to the site librarian! Could be talking about 2 to 4 hours which is probably how long Theo spent in jail. I can't imagine Keith is much of the parental talk type unless he is answering questions, probably leaves the tough stuff up to Patti. I mean his kids are surely more mature than him, no? winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 06:03

ah yes... nothing like a "fan site" to start mocking someone's children.
you should delete your posts naturalist.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: July 23, 2015 07:09

"Trouble" is like "Can't Be Seen". The trouble is she is married or something.

Lyrics to "Can't Be Seen": "I just can't be seen with you...because you're

married anyway, oh shit..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 07:11 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:35

Turner68

Well ... much as I agree that mocking people's children isn't okay, I don't see any mocking in the above.
And haven't most parents said "trouble is your middle name" to their kids at some point?? At least in mine did!
Not that I think the lyrics are about Theo any more than they're about anyone else who's ever been in any trouble.

I do object to the notion that any hypocrisy would be involved in Keith's conversations with his kids.
He's never been busted for nailpolishing graffiti on a convent wall. Unless it was hushed up :E

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 23, 2015 10:47

I'm going with "fictional scenario," as far as the lyrics are concerned.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: July 23, 2015 11:11

The song about a prisoner's followed by the song about a prisoner of loneliness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 11:18 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 23, 2015 11:46

bye bye johnny

The crowd offered its biggest applause for "Blues In the Morning," a surprisingly vital track featuring the scorching sax of late Stones sax player Bobby Keys.

Somebody get me a napkin, I'm drooling!!!

Drew

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 23, 2015 11:51

After listening to the song lots of times (lots) the second part of the chorus still flips me.

Baby trouble is your middle name <--- that's straight forward, but then in between and into ...
The trouble is that that's your game

there seems to be a chord and/or a time signature change. not the vocals though.

somehow I just can't get my head around this and I'm wondering if it was a mistake during recording.
deemed good and left alone.
I understand that some mistakes can be the spice of a song and I'm not complaining.
but what the heck is happening here?

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 12:10

They just skip a bar...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 23, 2015 12:19

drewmaster
bye bye johnny

The crowd offered its biggest applause for "Blues In the Morning," a surprisingly vital track featuring the scorching sax of late Stones sax player Bobby Keys.

Somebody get me a napkin, I'm drooling!!!

Drew

...drewling... smoking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 23, 2015 12:21

open-g
After listening to the song lots of times (lots) the second part of the chorus still flips me.

Baby trouble is your middle name <--- that's straight forward, but then in between and into ...

there seems to be a chord and/or a time signature change. not the vocals though.

somehow I just can't get my head around this and I'm wondering if it was a mistake during recording.
I understand that some mistakes can be the spice of a song and I'm not complaining.
Brilliance at work;
Just another day at the office for The Master.

Posted by: z ()
Date: July 23, 2015 13:58

open-g

The first part of the chorus is shorter: two 4 beats bars and one 2 beats bar. The second part is three 4 beats bars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 18:06 by z.

Posted by: z ()
Date: July 23, 2015 14:01

(There's also an extra 4 beats bar at the end of the verse)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 18:07 by z.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 23, 2015 14:29

with sssoul
Turner68

Well ... much as I agree that mocking people's children isn't okay, I don't see any mocking in the above.
And haven't most parents said "trouble is your middle name" to their kids at some point?? At least in mine did!
Not that I think the lyrics are about Theo any more than they're about anyone else who's ever been in any trouble.

I do object to the notion that any hypocrisy would be involved in Keith's conversations with his kids.
He's never been busted for nailpolishing graffiti on a convent wall. Unless it was hushed up :E

Agreed sssoul thumbs up

Date: July 23, 2015 14:44

with sssoul
Turner68

And haven't most parents said "trouble is your middle name" to their kids at some point??
At least in mine did!

Exactly, thanks sssoul. The line "Trouble is Your Middle Name" along with the pop flavor of the tune (coming from Keith) just kind of reminded me of a parent talking/singing to their kid. I assure you there is no mocking or disrespect going on here Turner. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 23, 2015 14:48

Naturalust
with sssoul
Turner68

And haven't most parents said "trouble is your middle name" to their kids at some point??
At least in mine did!

Exactly, thanks sssoul. The line "Trouble is Your Middle Name" along with the pop flavor of the tune (coming from Keith) just kind of reminded me of a parent talking/singing to their kid. I assure you there is no mocking or disrespect going on here Turner. eye rolling smiley

Good to hear from you Naturalust, i was worried you were gone for a while there

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:33

Any where I troll thru the internet I see Keith and Cross-eyed Heart promoted. Good to see it's getting marketed properly. Just saw it on accuweather.com!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 23, 2015 16:48

Maindefender
Any where I troll thru the internet I see Keith and Cross-eyed Heart promoted. Good to see it's getting marketed properly. Just saw it on accuweather.com!!

it is called behavioral targeted advertising

may I suppose you checked crosseyed heart page on amazon lately? winking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 23, 2015 17:53

Everywhere but…lol

Posted by: ClashMusic ()
Date: July 23, 2015 18:13

Hiya!

Simon Harper (Clash editor) has actually heard this album, and written down some thoughts:

[www.clashmusic.com]

Hope it's entertaining!

Date: July 23, 2015 18:16

Maindefender
Everywhere but…lol

well it was just an example, it's everywhere actually

Date: July 23, 2015 18:41

ClashMusic
Hiya!

Simon Harper (Clash editor) has actually heard this album, and written down some thoughts:

[www.clashmusic.com]

Hope it's entertaining!

Kind of funny they are previewing the record to "trusted" industry and press and making them all promise not to do full reviews until closer to the release date. I guess it's a good way to spread the hype out and create a build up. They will probably be sending out lots of free copies to all the music bloggers right before the release to say OK everybody can talk about this now.

Date: July 23, 2015 18:52

Naturalust
ClashMusic
Hiya!

[www.clashmusic.com]

Hope it's entertaining!

Kind of funny they are previewing the record to "trusted" industry and press and making them all promise not to do full reviews until closer to the release date. I guess it's a good way to spread the hype out and create a build up. They will probably be sending out lots of free copies to all the music bloggers right before the release to say OK everybody can talk about this now.

It's promo business as usual. though I think pre-listening parties are becoming uncommon while viral marketing is becoming more and more common. nothing better than free promo from blogger/fans winking smiley embargo is the norm anyway

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:08

Maindefender

Hahahahahahaha, oh this is funny.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:13

All of the pre-release reviews seem to be raving positive - looking forward to my copy!

Out of curiosity, had any of Mick's solo releases garnered this much positivity amongst fans and critics alike?

smoking smiley

Date: July 23, 2015 19:28

Hairball
All of the pre-release reviews seem to be raving positive - looking forward to my copy!

Out of curiosity, had any of Mick's solo releases garnered this much positivity amongst fans and critics alike?

smoking smiley

Keith is a media darling, even more so since Life came out. Not hard to understand the positive vibes given to him by fans and press really. Mick is a full fledged superstar but I wouldn't generally call him a media darling. smoking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 23, 2015 19:52

Naturalust
Hairball

smoking smiley

Keith is a media darling, even more so since Life came out. Not hard to understand the positive vibes given to him by fans and press really. Mick is a full fledged superstar but I wouldn't generally call him a media darling. smoking smiley

Or perhaps the positivity towards the new release is simply based on the quality, integrity, and authenticity of the music itself. thumbs up

*I don't think any of those three words (quality, integrity, and authenticity) have ever been applied to any of Micks solo releases - at least not by me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home