Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 257
Re: Keith Richards TROUBLE
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 22, 2015 17:15

After some days of listening I can't say I'm in love with it. It a sort of Eileen pt. 2 (Eileen is the most boring/banal song on a Keith solo record).

The opening guitar riff is great though.

C

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2015 18:01

liddas
After some days of listening I can't say I'm in love with it. It a sort of Eileen pt. 2 (Eileen is the most boring/banal song on a Keith solo record).

C

That's quite unkind.

I'm sure I can come up with some even more banal stuff on Main Offender.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 22, 2015 18:27

treaclefingers
liddas

C

That's quite unkind.

I'm sure I can come up with some even more banal stuff on Main Offender.

I'm sure you can't! Offender is up there with the best stuff released in the past century.

C

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 22, 2015 18:37

I ordered it from Keith to show how ambitiously I am awaiting it!
Besides, in the farfetched place I live, shops won't have it until who-knows-when.
But the main reason I "pre-order" stuff is that I like to show support,
and in this case it's cheaper from Keith than from amazon.uk.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 22, 2015 18:42

According to his FB page, Keith will randomly sign some pre-ordered CDs.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 22, 2015 21:28

Was anyone here at the listening party last night???

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 22, 2015 22:29

I just cant stop listening to trouble with the video inc the winos.
Its knocking me out just hearing the drums and the guitars. No one has picked up on the fact that just real guitars and a beat is all you need baby smoking smiley
AnD of course a shot of keef ..

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 22, 2015 22:43

you mean there's no bass player?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 22, 2015 22:50

Keith is credited with all the Bass playing on the album .

sc uk

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 22, 2015 22:57

straycatuk

sc uk

that's cool, Keith comes up with great basslines.

but Steve Jordan is a good bass player too.

Date: July 22, 2015 23:23

come on keith winos lets do it yerr harrr

Date: July 22, 2015 23:42

hey as anyone realised that Keith had to keep trouble under wraps for 4 years.
the modesty of the man. Keith is class ..

Date: July 22, 2015 23:47

duke richardson
straycatuk

sc uk

that's cool, Keith comes up with great basslines.

but Steve Jordan is a good bass player too.

This is the integrity of Keith, Jorden and Drayton fell out so Keith keeps everybody cool and not hurting anyone's feelings by not replacing Drayton .
So Keith plays bass baby smiling smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 22, 2015 23:47

Kurt
Was anyone here at the listening party last night???

Onlystones was there and got a ride home from Keith. No backseat details yet though.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 22, 2015 23:49

Sorry, if I repeat somebody else's comment but I broke off this thread about page 48, but: the only trouble about "Trouble" Iiizz that the chorus only has two lines!
Everybody else but I-don't-give-a-what-s-oever-Keith would repeat these hypnotic "trubbl iiizz" lines to make up four lines (or even more often!). Four lines for a chorus are a Minimum.
Mick would have done that and we all would sit here open-mouthed and open-eared and discussing whether this is the best thing since Start Me Up or JJF'ing.

Date: July 22, 2015 23:54

JJHMick
Sorry, if I repeat somebody else's comment but I broke off this thread about page 48, but: the only trouble about "Trouble" Iiizz that the chorus only has two lines!
Everybody else but I-don't-give-a-what-s-oever-Keith would repeat these hypnotic "trubbl iiizz" lines to make up four lines (or even more often!). Four lines for a chorus are a Minimum.
Mick would have done that and we all would sit here open-mouthed and open-eared and discussing whether this is the best thing since Start Me Up or JJF'ing.

Not being funny but if Mick had got his mitts any where near trouble it would of of just ended up as just another one of those tracks

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:01

keefriffhards
JJHMick

Not being funny but if Mick had got his mitts any where near trouble it would of of just ended up as just another one of those tracks

Do you agree with me?! And it would be a Stones classic (no matter who sings it - this is not the question to me in this case) or a chartbreaker or at least a Keith classic superior to Talk Is Cheap (which it is to me)?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:11

Keith Richards Previews 'Crosseyed Heart' at Intimate Listening Party

"I hope you like it enough tonight to go out and buy it!" Richards tells New York crowd

By Patrick Doyle July 22, 2015

Keith Richards previewed 'Crosseyed Heart,' his first solo album in 23 years, at an intimate New York City listening session Amy Harris/Corbis

The Rolling Stones just wrapped their Zip Code stadium tour in Quebec last Wednesday, but Keith Richards is still on the job. On Tuesday night, the guitarist invited a few guests to New York's Electric Lady Studios, where he held a listening session for Crosseyed Heart, his first solo album in 23 years due out September 18th.

At the event, a few dozen guests gathered before Richards materialized looking stage-ready – bright snakeskin-style jacket, hair spilling out of his bandana, Solo cup – grinning as he worked the room.

After several minutes, Monte Lipman, Chairman and CEO of Republic Records, introduced Richards, who kept his speech brief. The guitarist highlighed the "teamwork" that went into the album, naming two people specifically: Jane Rose, his longtime manager, and Steve Jordan, who played drums, co-produced and co-wrote many of the songs. "I hope you like it enough tonight to go out and buy it!" he said with a laugh.

With that, the title track began – a stomping country blues in the vein of of Robert Johnson. "Louder!" Richards asked, until the soundman cranked it up. Richards hung out in the corner of the room with Jordan, punctuating select tracks with terse commentary.

The excellent new album pulls from a grab bag of Richards' signature tricks, including simmering reggae (The Gregory Isaacs-penned "Love Overdue," with Ivan Neville on organ), several soulful acoustic ballads (including "Lovers Plea" and "Illusion," a duet about empty love featuring Norah Jones) and loose, driving rockers ("Trouble." )

One highlight was "Blues in the Morning," an after-hours boogie full of Chuck Berry-style double-string stabs and a blazing sax solo from the late Bobby Keys, who passed away in last year. "It's only rock & roll!" Richards said afterward. The musician stuck around until the final song, when he slipped away out of the room like a thief in the night.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:12

"Trouble" sounds a bit like some of Keith's Stones outtakes where he has a nice, catchy little refrain but is desperately searching for the rest to create a song (You Got It Made f.e.). All in all, not too bad, but nothing earthshaking either. I like it, but I am not sure that it will stick in my mind for years to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 00:17 by alimente.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:20

...not a bit early ???...two months before sale...!

Date: July 23, 2015 00:28

Just played Trouble for the 50th time and i have a hunch this is about Mick on some level. He wrote this before they got back together to tour for 50th celebrations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-23 00:36 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:43

Thanks Cristiano for the post about the listening session. Wish i was there.
One Love
Jeroen

PS

Come on Keef, Lets Rock !!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:51

keefriffhards
Just played Trouble for the 50th time and i have a hunch this is about Mick on some level. He wrote this before they got back together to tour for 50th celebrations

You think too much riffhards. winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 23, 2015 00:55

First impression: Keith Richards' 'Crosseyed Heart' solo album

Rolling Stones songwriter and lead guitarist Keith Richards performs with the group in San Diego on May 24. (Rick Loomis / Los Angeles Times)

By Randy Lewis
July 22, 2015

What do you do when your bandmate and songwriting partner happens to be one of the most celebrated lead singers in all of rock 'n' roll?

If you’re Keith Richards, you largely keep your mouth shut and be content to be one of the most celebrated lead guitarists in all of rock 'n' roll.

Still, from time to time you might have something to say, and so Richards has stepped to the mike with “Happy” back when the Rolling Stones recorded “Exile on Main Street” in 1972, and on two solo albums, “Talk is Cheap” in 1988 and “Main Offender” four years later.

Given the Stones’ pace in the studio of late, which at best might be described as “deliberate” (their most recent album, “A Bigger Bang,” is now 10 years old), Richards is now set to release “Crosseyed Heart,” just the third solo studio album of his half-century-plus recording career.

The Times’ will have a formal review closer to the album’s release date in September, but on Tuesday night in Hollywood, a group of about 50 people got an early listen to an album that features a core band of drummer and singer Steve Jordan (who co-wrote most of the songs with Richards), guitarist Waddy Wachtel and multi-instrumentalist Larry Campbell.

Among the guests: the late Bobby Keys, the Texas saxophonist whom Richards often described as his musical soulmate after they met in the late-‘60s. Also on board is singer Norah Jones, who engages with Richards in a duet on “Illusion,” along with the great Muscle Shoals organist Spooner Oldham, New Orleans singer Aaron Neville and his son Ivan Neville.

As always, Richards’ ragged voice is an instrument that’s more serviceable than distinguished -- it’s the equivalent of a crude raft that can take the user from one bank of a river to the other, not traverse long distances with tremendous style or panache.

Yet Richards gets emotions across in the album’s 15 songs, and that’s always been what rock 'n' roll is about. The album opens with the title track, just Richards playing guitar and croaking a vocal that connects him with the Delta blues, which has always been a cornerstone of his guitar-playing.

Several songs offer up big Stones-like rockers with beefy grooves and tasty guitar work, which is probably what most listeners look for in a Richards album. But it also contains tracks that are sweetly reflective, occasionally regretful and often vulnerable, qualities you might not always expect from one of rock's most notorious anti-heroes who, at 71, is not only a husband and father, but a grandfather and, most recently, a first-time children's book author.

More to come on this project.

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 23, 2015 01:37

Keith Richards Previews New Solo Album at Electric Lady Studios Party

Keith with Founder/Chairman and CEO of Republic Records, Monte Lipman (Kevin Mazur/WireImage)

By Joe Lynch | July 22, 2015

Keith Richards, rock n' roll's ultimate survivor, swung through the late Jimi Hendrix's Electric Lady Studios in Greenwich Village on Tuesday night to host a listening party to Crosseyed Heart, his first solo album in 23 years.

Attended primarily by journalists, label folk, publicists and a few musicians (let's just say receding hairlines and distinguished greys were readily spotted), the intimate crowd spent most of the hour-plus event with their eyes 1) fixated upon the Rolling Stones guitarist or 2) sneaking surreptitious glances at the Rolling Stones guitarist. Aside from the thrill of seeing a grizzled-yet-beaming rock warrior like Richards up close and in the (extremely weathered) flesh, half of the fun of the Crosseyed Heart listening party was watching men well past 50 fawning like Directioners.

As for the music, the publicists asked journalists to hold any reviews until closer to the album's Sept. 18 release date. But let's just say this -- Crosseyed Heart is much better than most solo albums made by lead guitarists from classic rock acts. Hell, its best moments are a lot stronger than the lion's share of the Stones' '90s material. Whether he's channeling Chuck, indulging in his long-standing penchant for reggae or singin' the blues, Keef is often at his best when he's just kicking around, doing his thing on his own terms. That attitude, of course, explains why it took 23 years for his third solo album to drop, but hey -- no one expects a 9-5 work ethic from Keith Richards.

Despite the event invite promising that Richards would be on hand to introduce the album, the rock legend -- sporting a snakeskin jacket and a red Solo cup, even though 95 percent of the room sipped wine -- actually stuck around for nearly the entire event (most stars of his stature duck out at the first moment possible).

The crowd offered its biggest applause for "Blues In the Morning," a surprisingly vital track featuring the scorching sax of late Stones sax player Bobby Keys. In response to the unexpectedly loud applause, Richards raised up his hands and offered a cheeky nod to his day job: "It's only rock and roll!"

From anyone else, the jokey reference would have elicited a major groan. But for Keith motherf--king Richards, the crowd offered irony-free laughter. True, Keith's wit might not be as sharp as his guitar, but fortunately for all of us, he's letting his axe do the speaking on its own for the first time in two decades with Crosseyed Heart.

[www.billboard.com]

Date: July 23, 2015 01:40

Naturalust
keefriffhards

You think too much riffhards. winking smiley

yeah this is a fact. i do think to much lol

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 23, 2015 02:10

yeah, its about Jagger

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 23, 2015 02:51

keefriffhards

Really? I don't think so. How is Mick in jail? If anything, I think it could be more likely about Theodora, having her little run-ins with the law ("back in jail again").) Or maybe about a woman he secretly likes who is married ("out of circulation). But Jagger? Not sure how any of the lyrics fits to be him. How is "trouble" supposed to be Mick's game? Is Mick in trouble with the law often? Not really. Not in decades.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2015 02:53

I don't get this so called Jagger lyric connection ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 23, 2015 03:24

It has outlaw themes certainly, but I don't hear one thing that strikes me as autobiographical in the lyrics. Sometimes a song is just a story.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home