Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Will Mick Taylor be included in any new Gig's?
Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:34

Anybody hear anything out there? That Glasenberry show - Jagger was sure digging what Taylor was adding to the Stones sound... and Keith loved everything
Taylor threw in throughout the tour....

Keith made the statement; If I had my way he would be back in this band - come-on Keith push the issue!!!!

MLC

Re: Will Mick Taylor be included in any new Gig's?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:36

Sure, why not? The more Stones, the merrier. cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:38

I believe I can speak for Mick Taylor.

Yes, he is interested if he's limited to playing only one song, and coming out at the encore to walk around while everyone is playing Satisfaction.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:40

Does anyone know if Taylor has done anything since the tour ended, has he new dates for solo work?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:42

MCDDTLC
Anybody hear anything out there? That Glasenberry show - Jagger was sure digging what Taylor was adding to the Stones sound... and Keith loved everything

Keith made the statement; If I had my way he would be back in this band - come-on Keith push the issue!!!!

MLC

I think that statement speaks for itself--that he clearly doesn't have his way at this point, which is the main concession he must make in exchange for Mick tolerating his presence.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:44

treaclefingers

Yes, he is interested if he's limited to playing only one song, and coming out at the encore to walk around while everyone is playing Satisfaction.

Real funny Treacle... you know that had to be killing him, when they were playing
Gimme Shelter, All Down The Line, Dead Flowers...

MLC

Date: September 10, 2013 00:04

MCDDTLC
treaclefingers

Real funny Treacle... you know that had to be killing him, when they were playing

MLC

I'm sure there is some sort of rationale as to why they did this. It's just that it's probably a stupid rationale.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 00:08

crumbling_mice
Does anyone know if Taylor has done anything since the tour ended, has he new dates for solo work?

There's a chance he'll play NYC towards the end of the year.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2013 00:33

Plundered My Soul .... and bring him on for Out Of Control ..

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 01:24 by Rockman.

Date: September 10, 2013 00:40

crumbling_mice

He is appearing on the song Holla on the new Stephen Dale Petit album Cracking The Code, which is due out today actually.

If Petit tours, then Taylor may appear as a guest, as Taylor has guested on Petit gigs and tours in recent years.

Here is Mick Taylor--and also with Dick Taylor--joining Petit on It's All Good at the 100 Club on December 1, 2010.

Date: September 10, 2013 01:03

Rockman
Plundered My Soul .... and bring him on Out Of Control ..

Rockman, the only person out of control is you!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 10, 2013 01:05

treaclefingers
Rockman
Plundered My Soul .... and bring him on Out Of Control ..

...then you should see him when he's really out of control smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2013 01:16

....... Ahhh shucks I thought you'd never notice .....

......................................................sssssshhh Al ....

ROCKMAN

Re: Will Mick Taylor be included in any new gigs?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2013 01:21

MCDDTLC
Anybody hear anything out there?

MT's (not so?) official site has been in "maintenance mode" for a while, and the Facebook mirror page hasn't been updated lately either.

Would think he might be part of Ronnie's band at BluesFest again this year.

MCDDTLC
Keith made the statement; If I had my way he would be back in this band

Hadn't seen/heard that comment before. Where and when did Keith say that?

He did talk up MT in a few interviews prior to the most recent leg of the tour, but the comments were rote, like these in the Chicago Sun Times - "we’re two guitars in the Stones, and on the records, there are at least four or five guitars, we overdub and overlay and overlay. And to have a third guitar in and add somebody else for flavor, to us, it’s a sheer luxury."

Nothing that would suggest he was pushing for MT to return to the fold.

Date: September 10, 2013 02:40

Keith never said that, but he wants Taylor on the tour.

Date: September 10, 2013 03:05

If they continue on with the concept of 50 & Counting to celebrate their 50th, then certainly Taylor will continue on in that capacity, but once the 50 years/nod to Stones past concept folds up, as it inevitably must, then what would be the point of having Taylor along? They can't make him a permanent live special guest for the remainder of their touring days, unless they just make him an offer to fully rejoin the band, which will never happen.

One gathers that a few posters will be disappointed once The Stones revert to their latter-day line-up and the guitar section trims back to just Richards/Wood for a full show.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: September 10, 2013 03:09

DandelionPowderman

Well, Yes and No on this one.

Keith did in fact say something very similar to this in recent years. But what he actually said, if you can believe the quote, or perhaps it was even on audio, I can't recall exactly, was if he had his way, Mick Taylor would never have quit. He meant to say "in the first place". That would've been the context.

The other part of the context of his statement was I am reasonably sure it was done while promoting the Exile reissue, Crossfire Hurricane or L&G -- in other words something which had Taylor content he wished to sell at that point in time.

Most of us here with fanatical love of the band, and corresponding knowledge, would surely know Keith would've been of two minds on the issue anyway, as evidenced in dozens of quotes over the years, and this goes for Jagger as well to a lesser extent.

But clearly the Glimmers appear open to continued "role" for Taylor of some sort. Guess time will tell what that might be...

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: September 10, 2013 03:12

stonehearted
If they continue on with the concept of 50 & Counting to celebrate their 50th, then certainly Taylor will continue on in that capacity, but once the 50 years/nod to Stones past concept folds up, as it inevitably must, then what would be the point of having Taylor along? They can't make him a permanent live special guest for the remainder of their touring days, unless they just make him an offer to fully rejoin the band, which will never happen.

One gathers that a few posters will be disappointed once The Stones revert to their latter-day line-up and the guitar section trims back to just Richards/Wood for a full show.

Yes I agree, except I wonder what other concept is left open to the band at this point? 49 and counting, 52 and counting. Taylor's presence still makes sense to me, considering the inevitable set list.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 10, 2013 04:21

treaclefingers
MCDDTLC
treaclefingers

MLC

I'm sure there is some sort of rationale as to why they did this. It's just that it's probably a stupid rationale.

It's the same rationale as when they let Bobby Keys back in--he says in his book he only got to do a couple of songs, then they started letting him do Satisfaction as well . . .

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 10, 2013 05:12

What? There's gonna be more shows?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 10, 2013 06:26

Of course there will be more shows!

Date: September 10, 2013 08:33

SweetThing
DandelionPowderman

Well, Yes and No on this one.

Keith did in fact say something very similar to this in recent years. But what he actually said, if you can believe the quote, or perhaps it was even on audio, I can't recall exactly, was if he had his way, Mick Taylor would never have quit. He meant to say "in the first place". That would've been the context.

The other part of the context of his statement was I am reasonably sure it was done while promoting the Exile reissue, Crossfire Hurricane or L&G -- in other words something which had Taylor content he wished to sell at that point in time.

Most of us here with fanatical love of the band, and corresponding knowledge, would surely know Keith would've been of two minds on the issue anyway, as evidenced in dozens of quotes over the years, and this goes for Jagger as well to a lesser extent.

But clearly the Glimmers appear open to continued "role" for Taylor of some sort. Guess time will tell what that might be...

It was in the video promoting "Brussels Affair"..

Keith was talking about how good the guitars sounded, and said that if he had his way, back then, Taylor would never had quit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 11:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 10, 2013 14:17

One possible scenario: (DISCLAIMER: assumption, good people; just assumption!)
Jagger's allready tired of all this "anniversary" nostalgia crap, so he doen't feel like prolonging the "50 & Counting" concept anymore. but he's OK about recording a new album. So they'll do that, include Mick T on it, and take him on the road in 2014 when they tour behind the new release... (of which they most probably will play only 3 songs the first couple of gigs, and pretty soon just the one... smoking smiley )

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 10, 2013 14:23

RoughJusticeOnYa
Jagger's allready tired of all this "anniversary" nostalgia crap, so he doen't feel like prolonging the "50 & Counting" concept anymore. but he's OK about recording a new album. So they'll do that, include Mick T on it, and take him on the road in 2014 when they tour behind the new release... (of which they most probably will play only 3 songs the first couple of gigs, and pretty soon just the one... smoking smiley )

You are not alone .... BV wrote something like that just a few days ago in another thread ... I guess, you know thumbs up

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: September 10, 2013 14:30

on his homepage,under equipment was shown ,that the instrument belongs to his manager and amps he used,belong to the rolling stones ...lol...that tells a lot of the relationsship between master organisator jagger and taylor...
its kinda sad in my eyes,..its a kinda ,hey you play for us (cause the hardcore ppl demanded it over the years, we can demand more money...) but you only play with our instruments...
a long term hire i cant see for him in the stones,...he steals the show lol...and thats not wanted grinning smiley

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 14:31 by TeleK.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:00

stonehearted
MCDDTLC

MLC

I think that statement speaks for itself--that he clearly doesn't have his way at this point, which is the main concession he must make in exchange for Mick tolerating his presence.

At this point in their career with Keef struggling with the solos at times it would make sense to add Mick T to do the heavy lifting. he also breathes new life into the band when he is on stage IMHO.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:13

muenke
RoughJusticeOnYa

You are not alone .... BV wrote something like that just a few days ago in another thread ... I guess, you know thumbs up

Ah - no, I didn't. But good to know my assumptions aren't that far fetched! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:46

RoughJusticeOnYa
One possible scenario:
Jagger's already tired of all this "anniversary" nostalgia crap

In that case they'll dump MT and rely on a newly-sober (and happy in life?) RW to record a new album.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 10, 2013 15:47

According to BV post a few days ago, MT will be recording with them and will be on their next tour playing on more songs.

Date: September 10, 2013 15:51

mtaylor
According to BV post a few days ago, MT will be recording with them and will be on their next tour playing on more songs.

Trust BV.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home