Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556Next
Current Page: 52 of 56
Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: November 28, 2013 12:53

Wow......wow. Slowing the thing down does not make Keith look spry.......turning him down doesn't make him play better either. Thought the stage was amazing, Ronnie was great, Mick is Mick, but Keith's biggest contribution may be his presence. Feels bitter sweet.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 28, 2013 22:21

Sighunt
I bought the blu ray version which features the booklet of nice photos from of the concerts from 69 and 2013, contains the 1969 video (which I haven't watched yet) and the audio CDs. Some observations: I've listened to the CDs and I think the sounds sucks on my stereo (and I have a very high end system). Surprisingly though, as whole, I thought the performances were pretty solid and energetic but I think it is time to ditch Paint It Black. It just slows down the set. That song should be performed at the tempo the way it was first played via the Steel Wheels tour.

l thought so too. The download sounds slightly better because of a better mastering.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 29, 2013 20:29

after all pre-release, cinema, release and get the item, i think the best choice is amazon.co.uk deluxe version for price and quality...

american deluxe gives a short 69 dvd that increases almost 30usd the price... japanese for greatest collectors, and bluray or single dvd for non plus-ultra fans...

well, enjoy whatever you got!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 29, 2013 22:52

rogerriffin
enjoy whatever you got!

Thanks, I will smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 29, 2013 23:06

rogerriffin
after all pre-release, cinema, release and get the item, i think the best choice is amazon.co.uk deluxe version for price and quality...

american deluxe gives a short 69 dvd that increases almost 30usd the price... japanese for greatest collectors, and bluray or single dvd for non plus-ultra fans...

well, enjoy whatever you got!

Same disc but better price at Amazon.it, at least originally!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 2, 2013 17:21

with so many different versions i think i just download the torrent from piratebay lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 2, 2013 17:35

StrawberriesBlueberries
Are the recordings on the "Sweet Summer Sun" CDs/LPs the same as on the download album "Hyde Park Live"? The track listing looks like it. But are there maybe different versions of a song, since they had two concerts to choose from?

The download album and the DVD feature alternate versions of Tumbling Dice,
You Got The Silver, Miss You, Midnight Rambler, Jumping Jack Flash and
Sympathy For The Devil. Besides that there are some differences in mix and editing. Don't know if there are notable differences between the CD/LP and the download album.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: December 4, 2013 10:28

Britney
StrawberriesBlueberries
Are the recordings on the "Sweet Summer Sun" CDs/LPs the same as on the download album "Hyde Park Live"? The track listing looks like it. But are there maybe different versions of a song, since they had two concerts to choose from?

The download album and the DVD feature alternate versions of Tumbling Dice,
You Got The Silver, Miss You, Midnight Rambler, Jumping Jack Flash and
Sympathy For The Devil. Besides that there are some differences in mix and editing. Don't know if there are notable differences between the CD/LP and the download album.

The download mix is also mixed differently, compared to the LP mix - as well as the DVD mix, which is sonically more in line with the SAL mix, turning up the guitar when Keith is in the picture etc.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2013 18:04

Spud
I can listen to BS from Twickenham on the licks tour with a straight face...so I'm sure you can manage SMU from HP winking smiley

What!? Somehow I missed this one. What happenend with Brown Sugar at Twickenham? Is the original on Youtube?

Date: December 6, 2013 13:52

GasLightStreet
Spud
I can listen to BS from Twickenham on the licks tour with a straight face...so I'm sure you can manage SMU from HP winking smiley

What!? Somehow I missed this one. What happenend with Brown Sugar at Twickenham? Is the original on Youtube?

The same thing that happened in Oslo, as well as on several other arenas on that tour.

He started it in the totally wrong key. Eventually, it was expected of him to do that grinning smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 6, 2013 14:37

The weird thing is that Keith can often be seen locating the correct fret before or as he walks on stage...so goodness knows how he still manages to hit the wrong chord on an opening number. Just nerves and adrenelin I suspect.

Date: December 6, 2013 16:10

Spud
The weird thing is that Keith can often be seen locating the correct fret before or as he walks on stage...so goodness knows how he still manages to hit the wrong chord on an opening number. Just nerves and adrenelin I suspect.

I suspect the explanation is as simple as that he just doesn't care (enough)...

Date: December 6, 2013 16:43

DandelionPowderman
Spud

BINGO

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: December 6, 2013 16:56

went to watch the film in a cinema near Milano, yesterday night.
lights down, and the show begun... but it was "crossfire hurricane"...!

me and my friend thought it was just an adv before the real movie... but after 2/3 minutes, nothing changed, they were showing the wrong stuff!

got out of the room and started complaining with the staff of the cinema; after 5 minutes they admitted they were showing the wrong film, so I got back into the room, and to my big surprise, the 20 people inside were still watching "crossfire hurricane" instead of "hyde park" looking unaware of what was happening.. then I screamed "DID ANYBODY NOTICE, THIS IS THE WRONG MOVIE?!?!?".... I couldn't believe the situation...

at the end, they stopped "crossfire hurricane" and after uploading "sweet summer sun" (took more than 40 minutes), we could watch the right show. at least, me and my friend, got 2 beers for free.

ciao

bardo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 6, 2013 22:58

Great story Bardo. Must have been a great night at the movies

-------------------

Posted by: nick ()
Date: December 7, 2013 06:37

I would had been one of the 20 people still sitting there. Maybe you should have waited to complain until Crossfire Hurricane ended and got 2 movies for the price of 1.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 7, 2013 09:47

DandelionPowderman
Spud

I have to disagree with you here, my friend. I think he genuinely is nervous at the start of shows these days. And at the first O2 show last year, you could clearly hear it in his voice, speaking to the audience, when he started his own "set." (Probably doesn't come across on tape, but very noticeable to my friend and me.) After a while, he settles down.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 7, 2013 14:01

Ok, have to ask this question once more:

Is it now 100% confirmed every song except satisfaction being recorded July 13?

Date: December 7, 2013 17:40

Aquamarine
DandelionPowderman
Spud

I have to disagree with you here, my friend. I think he genuinely is nervous at the start of shows these days. And at the first O2 show last year, you could clearly hear it in his voice, speaking to the audience, when he started his own "set." (Probably doesn't come across on tape, but very noticeable to my friend and me.) After a while, he settles down.

I think I've also changed my tune (pun intended) on this. Sure he's sloppy but making that sort of mistake comes more from being nervous..."you're on you shower of shit!"

Date: December 7, 2013 18:37

Aquamarine
DandelionPowderman
Spud

He is always like that, especially with the Stones, and I was indeed there smiling smiley

He might be a little nervous, but he sure knows how to feed off it too - hence the enormous cheers he got from the crowd, and the long waits before he continued talking.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 8, 2013 02:03

I've watched the dvd and the guys are playing better now than before the Bigger Bang tour...seems to good to be true, but they're doing it...here's to ya!!!smileys with beer

Date: December 8, 2013 02:39

DandelionPowderman

He might be a little nervous, but he sure knows how to feed off it too - hence the enormous cheers he got from the crowd, and the long waits before he continued talking.

I'd agree with you on that, certainly. But I don't think any of it is because he doesn't care anymore. I think maybe he cares more than anyone.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 8, 2013 03:52

Don't forget, Keith had "mangled" intros on 1981-82 tour ("Under My Thumb") and also on Licks Tour ("Brown Sugar"). It's not something happening "these days"...

Date: December 8, 2013 05:37

Aquamarine
DandelionPowderman

I'd agree with you on that, certainly. But I don't think any of it is because he doesn't care anymore. I think maybe he cares more than anyone.

No freakin' way...that is obviously Mick.

Date: December 8, 2013 09:41

Well--I think they "care" in different senses, maybe.

Date: December 8, 2013 10:46

Aquamarine
Well--I think they "care" in different senses, maybe.

Very diplomatic smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2013 14:40

JumpinJeppeFlash

Ok, have to ask this question once more: Is it now 100% confirmed every song except satisfaction being recorded July 13?

I think the best would be to ask Paul Dugdale and JA Digital which scenes they have really taken.

They should tell it us officially to prevent endless speculations and false rumors, since Hyde Park has a big relevance in the Stones history .....

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 8, 2013 23:22

You're asking about the sound or video? Don't know about the sound but the video is definitely taken from both shows, changing during songs... Look at Keith's bandana, by this you can tell... Also I think You Got The Silver has to be from 6/7 as on 13th Keith kept forgetting lyrics

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 9, 2013 00:34

Hate the audience shots in the DVD. So 80s.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 9, 2013 00:43

Watching this now...Ruby Tuesday...please God no.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556Next
Current Page: 52 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home